PDA

View Full Version : Low tech rifle PE

spongeb0b
03-11-04, 10:18
hello there... just decided i want to lom from high tech pistol to low tech rifle for a change.... any tips on how much weapon lore and rc i'll need? and a few combat techniques that work for you guys? :) thankee

Seven
03-11-04, 10:27
hello there... just decided i want to lom from high tech pistol to low tech rifle for a change.... any tips on how much weapon lore and rc i'll need? and a few combat techniques that work for you guys? :) thankee

There are some missing LT Rifles as of now and I think some HT's too, but not sure, I gimped myself to HT just to continue leveling.

Weapon lore will depend on how far the mob is that you are hunting and of course aim locking speed.

IE. Leveling at MB doesn't require much WL, but it's always helpful to have as much as you can spare.

As far as RC points, that all depends on the quality of your weapon.

You can right click on a weapon and show the stats of it.
178% damage is the max you can get on a Rifle afaik.
That number is dependent on the stats of the weapon and your RC points.

IE. If you just had a nice Rifle made and or modded, but still see your damage under 178%, than you need to put more points into RC and check the stats again.

Being you were a pistol user, most of my post may seem redundant.

...also very tired.. o_O

spongeb0b
03-11-04, 10:32
well all my guns are artifact... I know how the stats work... i'm just not sure on how much i should spec to cap dmg and handling.... rng isn't important for me

sultana
03-11-04, 10:34
For pain easer/termi/ts epic rifle, all you'll need is about 100 base (if that). I think that gives you 135ish with imps. Then you can spec hacking if you want, or hit "pure" psu (helps in a pinch :) ). I have that amount on my rifle pe, and i cap the aiming on my pain easer (116% aiming stat) and i wear no pa :lol: Btw, go no pa, no pa is teh win :D :lol:

spongeb0b
03-11-04, 10:37
i may use titan armour... but the camo....the camo... :p

Seven
03-11-04, 10:38
well all my guns are artifact... I know how the stats work... i'm just not sure on how much i should spec to cap dmg and handling.... rng isn't important for me

Just keep checking the stats after you pump more points into it.

Handling mods were only useful to me with gat type weapons and are the last mod I would consider using.

Just my experience as I'm sure it has a better use..

Maybe someone with more knowledge will post and help ya. ;)

Seven
03-11-04, 10:41
BTW, DO YOU have a SpeedGat for sale/trade?

sultana
03-11-04, 10:44
i may use titan armour... but the camo....the camo... :p
Heh, the main reason I went no pa in the first place (besides looking generally cooler :D ) is cause of the spell casting animation, in nc1 it looked a hell of alot better casting with two hands then with one :rolleyes: Now it's all the same, my model doesn't even look half as cool, and there's camo :(

spanz
03-11-04, 10:58
capped PE on mine spy with 172 WL , 159 RC , 102 Dex (with imps and PA 2)

sultana
03-11-04, 11:16
Kinda low rc there spanz, I don't know if you'll be capping rof on pe (170/min) with only that much rc, even if you do have 102 dex... I know i only get 154/min (I think) with 177rc and 94 or so dex.

spongeb0b
03-11-04, 11:19
ok just knocked up a quick setup on skill manager... there is no SA cos im planning on trading it for a DS for my monk... comments pls? oh and
thats undrugged... he would be useing redflash and nightspider for haz and blessed deflecter

[edit]:: thanks sultana i should try waking up before rushing out setups... that better?

sultana
03-11-04, 11:33
You can't use medium energy belt (w/o drugging) with that imp setup kinda low hacking, 75 (80 if you not boosted) seems kinda pointless, unless your just in it for the warbies, not ops and belts :rolleyes: Other then that it looks cool, resists are looking nice :)

Selendor
03-11-04, 12:17
I was low tech rifle for over a year on my capped PE. After many duels and tests I found that high-tech pistols are better for fighting. You can do more damage and aim faster, with less stamina loss, and run faster.

Saying that, its a different challenge, you get to snipe with the Pain Easer and I'm sure some people have found a way to use the extra points you gain from releasing tech combat better than I knew how to use it. Good luck.

angelsenior
03-11-04, 13:18
im trying a hightech rifle setup with my PE, using ROG (and maybe redeemer/healing light/SH in the future).
But its a try and isnt finished yet (still checking for wpl, psi and/or hack).

At close range i do prefer the higher damage from ROG over PE.
I have about 133 wpl, 168 RC and 102 dex (this includes imp bonuses).
got 44 psu about 70 hack.
dont have exact figures since im at work atm.

-=BlackBeard=-
03-11-04, 17:31
lowtech rc pe

imps- SA SF PP Move on

for wpl i have 65 psi use and the rest in wpl and can cap aiming on a termi and pe

Doc Holliday
03-11-04, 18:11
im not gonna post a set up here for all to read as mines under reconstruction again and pending finally getting off my ass and collecting the bits to the sa i finally need.

Bob. couple of tips for you. the more u dump in rc the less u need in wep lore. the more psu are then gonna have. dont bother using haz. supposedly with the right imps br3 is better. im using br3 and with the right mst set up u can cast blessed def with pa on ( nightspider has to be running ) gets u out of tight spots if u can get a good freq on it. i poke 84 have about 40 psu without drugs so it proves it can all be done. im usin ppr/moveon as stated no sa.

if u want any more help bob catch me in game.

[TgR]KILLER
03-11-04, 19:15
as said you can't use med belt you need 66 int and you got 65 on that setup. don't know if your gonna cap your weapons tho i got more rc and wep on killer. not much but then again dif between cap and not cap aint that high.

Netphreak
03-11-04, 21:36
my pe with buffs imps and PA on has 190 r-c and 141 wep lore.
On an arti pain easer i get 167/min freq and i cap a perfect termi (can't give all the stats it wasn't mine but i got 227/min freq which is freq cap on it).

Also if you can get yourself a pain easer with a laser on it then you don't need as much wep lore either.

Zheo
03-11-04, 21:43
on my rifle pe, and i cap the aiming on my pain easer (116% aiming stat) and i wear no pa :lol: Btw, go no pa, no pa is teh win :D :lol:

when you mean 116% aiming stat, do you mean the gun's stat that's not effected by your skill because capped aim which is modified by your skill is 268% i believe somewhere around that anyways.

spongeb0b
03-11-04, 22:48
KILLER']as said you can't use med belt you need 66 int and you got 65 on that setup. don't know if your gonna cap your weapons tho i got more rc and wep on killer. not much but then again dif between cap and not cap aint that high.
ah crap lol that was meant to be an experimental reflex 4... that'd leave me with 66int... thats why :rolleyes: nm lol... thnx for the help guys... i'll have a fiddle see what i can come up with

sultana
04-11-04, 01:51
when you mean 116% aiming stat, do you mean the gun's stat that's not effected by your skill because capped aim which is modified by your skill is 268% i believe somewhere around that anyways.
Yep, I mean build stat 116%, and actual aiming of 267% ( :p )

edit: about your setup, I take it your using reflash for speed, if you are, use beast instead, so you can use inq 3 armour :) keep in mind the -10 health if you do...