PDA

View Full Version : hybrid leveling

Terayon
03-11-04, 06:55
ive been wondering, how do high level ppu based hybrids lvl? as in the now common blessed heal , psi attack 2 hybrid around 90 psi. becouse when i was a hybrid at 85 dex it was terrable. is it any better? becouse ive worked it out like this. hybrids have spells half the damage as pure apus do or so. now the higher the tl the item the more xp again. this affects xp gain as much as damage does. a tl 100 weapon that does half the damage a tl 50 weapon does will gain about the same xp on one given mob. therefore the hybrid xp gain is 1/4 that of the pure apu. hybrids can dboost or dboost sanctum, never die in lvling, and can level solo anywhere it it still wasent near enough to make xp gain even 1/2 of that a pure apu. is it still this way?

SorkZmok
03-11-04, 07:36
Level up as apu or apu based hybrid, then lom.

Omnituens
03-11-04, 08:21
you can act as a good ppu if you have a APU clanmate, you can level that way.

Seven
03-11-04, 08:22
Level up as apu or apu based hybrid, then lom.

Yes, timesinks are your friend...

Terayon
03-11-04, 08:41
thats kind of retarded. i played a ppu based hybrid becouse i enjoyed it. and i cant even do that becouse lvling is way to slow im forced to go apu or apu based.

on another note can i trade a resistor, moveon, speedgat, 500k, and perhaps another resistor for a DS? ive been getting alot of mixed responses.

and i havent realy tried lvling much as a ppu instead for people. i should give that a try.

SorkZmok
03-11-04, 09:06
Yes, timesinks are your friend...I capped my apu based hybrid in no time, in the beginning you might need a ppu to help you out with a psi combat 3 but as soon as you can use barrels / wear med poison belt you can solo the chaos caves pretty easily. I got up to 5 million xp per run.

Seven
03-11-04, 09:24
I capped my apu based hybrid in no time, in the beginning you might need a ppu to help you out with a psi combat 3 but as soon as you can use barrels / wear med poison belt you can solo the chaos caves pretty easily. I got up to 5 million xp per run.

What exactly do you mean by "no time"?

Three, four hours a day for a week?

Would like to know as I may roll one myself if it's that easy. :)

SorkZmok
03-11-04, 10:05
What exactly do you mean by "no time"?

Three, four hours a day for a week?

Would like to know as I may roll one myself if it's that easy. :)Might do it. Noob sewer - aggie sewer - oz4 storage - el farid - chaos cave

In the end i was raking in about 20 mil xp a day. (Had to cap him thrice cause of the rollbacks :()

S a W
03-11-04, 11:44
If your going for the ppu hybrid setup, get urself a multi energy bolt and go to the ceres lab.