PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Upper Body part...

ArgieD
02-11-04, 18:12
I don't know whether there is an existing thread about it somewhere, but I am very curious anyway and start one myself.. (Moderators, please move or delete this one if any).

Is it me, or do you also see runners whose upper body part is missing when they carry rifles? I have installed the game three times just in case, but the same phenomenon happens everytime...

I am at work atm and do not have NC installed (for obvious reasons); therefore I can not attach a pic. If you get this too, please feel free to attach one yourselves. Is it a bug? Is there a problem with my own graphics card Nvidia 64? Anything I can do to sort this out?

PS. In case this is intentional, can we please have a full body one for droners too? :p

Darth Slayer
02-11-04, 19:02
Yeah I see this alot too. Mainly on PEs and Spys.

Scorpius.

Glok
02-11-04, 19:04
I get that sometimes too. Funnier is seeing a hairpiece and a weapon just floating in midair.

dem0n
02-11-04, 20:17
I get that only on trasfered spies [or atleast I think they are, or it's the default spy clothes]

Obsidian X
02-11-04, 20:40
Yep, I've seen it, though only since I switched to DX7 mode yesterday (due to the ridiculous cliping distance on DX9). Any of you guys see it using the DX9 engine?

Selendor
02-11-04, 20:49
Yeah I switched to dx7 yesterday too and now some runners torso are invisible. Still this is a better tradeoff imho against bad textures and rubbish draw distance.

Jesterthegreat
02-11-04, 21:24
i see it on the Dx7 engine... however the last graphical bug i pointed out (the full bodies on the char selection screen in DX7) just got a "known issue" reply by a few people and was largely ignored...

i tend not to bother anymore

dem0n
02-11-04, 21:37
I'm using the non redistributable X9c, and am seeing it.

IceStorm
02-11-04, 21:54
I see it only on DX7. In DX9 mode, everything looks fine.

msdong
02-11-04, 22:11
i only get it on my DX7 machine. both are the same DX9c version with same display driver. only hardware is different.

boombang
03-11-04, 03:13
some of my brother's char still have big lip bugs too!!!

TBH I am keeping well outta the way till the bugs clear up, plus have uni work to do :(

ArgieD
04-11-04, 11:49
A bug? <==Oh yes a bug....

And it happens to the wrong people. I never saw anybody in "drone limbo" being bugged this way...

Can't you see the big irony for those poor droners? They seem to suffer every single bug in this game, apart form the only one that would be to their benefit...

What can I say? :p

Omnituens
04-11-04, 11:58
speaking of drone bugs....

*patch sense... tingiling.. patch is imminent...*

kurai
04-11-04, 22:39
I see this occasionally with DX7 & 9.

It seems to be a "transposition" of textures. Mostly it would seem to be the texture of something really small that gets swapped in so the torso seems to be invisible.
Occasionally the texture of something larger gets swapped in so that it's not mostly empty space you see ...

Seeing a tank wandering around with a chair texture as a torso is ... odd :wtf: