PDA

View Full Version : Tempest PvP Video

Drake6k
02-11-04, 00:03
I've made a new PvP video for Neocron 2. My old video was of Neocron 2 beta (got it out the 2nd day of open beta) just showing off DoY.

This is Tempest (NEXT - Terra) my clan fighting at several OPs and other places. All pvp. 5 minutes long and 98 meg.

Everyone on my side is a member of our clan (two of them are doing an epic right now and just came along unclanned)

Tempest fighters:

Jack Drake - Pistol PE guy (me!)
Etirann/Kira - PPU and Tank (biotech epic)
Tostino - PPU (protopharm epic)
Sekhmet - APU centered hybrid
SpiritowlFX - Tank
Edgecrusher - Tank
Needgunner - Vehicle PE at tristar

I have a torrent up right now. Sharing is what makes it work!
http://bimonscificon.mybttracker.net:6969/stats.html?info_hash=968a9521d4686c2b5493d5f341c2ad74060bb42e
I hope a bunch of people seed the download and share, thats how torrents go fast.
http://bittornado.com/ is a good torrent client if you dont have one.
I also would like to get some direct downloads going. I have a friend trying to get one up.. but a torrent will have to work for now. (If anyone wants to mirror that would be cool)

/Nid's edit - Naimex's Mirror (http://downloads.neocron.org/Video/Misc/tempest-neocron2.avi)

Vid Gamer
02-11-04, 00:08
Can you get someone to host it?

My college doesn't allow BT downloads for some reason.

plague
02-11-04, 00:21
w00t nc2 pvp video atlast, dling now :D :D :D

Xeno LARD
02-11-04, 00:36
90ish meg's, That's huge :|.

Fancy encoding as more-compressed DivX?

Drake6k
02-11-04, 00:37
90ish meg's, That's huge :|.

Fancy encoding as more-compressed DivX?

I completely suck at encoding. I got it down to 81 but the quality loss wasnt worth it. Having problems with Virtualdub, I probably could have gotten a better size but I'm going on a 19 day vacation in 30 hours and had to get the video out :p

Tostino
02-11-04, 00:40
<3 Jack that was so nice

Xeno LARD
02-11-04, 00:49
I completely suck at encoding. I got it down to 81 but the quality loss wasnt worth it. Having problems with Virtualdub, I probably could have gotten a better size but I'm going on a 19 day vacation in 30 hours and had to get the video out :p

Ahh ok fair enough. I'll get torrenting when this has finshed downloading.

Don't ask what "this" is.

Tostino
02-11-04, 00:57
If you cant download it dont worry we will have it on ftp soon

naimex
02-11-04, 01:08
sorry it took so long, I couldnīt upload it myself, so had to send it to Daxxy to get hosted.

it can be downloaded from here :

neocron.org Mirror (http://downloads.neocron.org/Video/Misc/tempest-neocron2.avi)

G.0.D.
02-11-04, 01:12
FFS NAIMEX UR 2 FECKING SLOW!!

:p

naimex
02-11-04, 01:18
FFS NAIMEX UR 2 FECKING SLOW!!

:p

I know...

I had the movie on my machine at 10 am.

Tried uploading for some time when I got home at around 1 pm.

Couldnīt upload it, so waited for Daxara, who wasnīt online until 8 pm.

Then I sent the file to him and it was online at 11 pm.

and I just finished watching Star Trek - Next Generation, so I posted the link here at 8 minutes past midnight.

So you could say that I was slow... or I could be victim of others being unavailable ;)

Drake6k
02-11-04, 01:24
it can be downloaded from here :

neocron.org Mirror (http://downloads.neocron.org/Video/Misc/tempest-neocron2.avi)

Thanks!!
:D

Can a mod put that in my first post? I cant edit it anymore.

The torrent can die off I guess, but I'll keep seeding for those still on it.

G.0.D.
02-11-04, 01:25
Decent video, crazy german song in the background.

Tostino
02-11-04, 01:30
Decent video, crazy german song in the background.
Decent video? :(. It beats Penywise :p

phunqe
02-11-04, 01:32
Damn overpowered libby person.. NERF!! ;) :p

Also, I hope the PPUs were actually dying on purpose :D

Nice vid.

Tostino
02-11-04, 01:33
Damn overpowered libby person.. NERF!! ;) :p

Also, I hope the PPUs were actually dying on purpose :D

Nice vid.
lol no they just could not s/d in time :lol:

MrChumble
02-11-04, 01:42
*pauses vid*

ok so three kills so far, first one an uber ganking, PE + PPU + APU vs Tank. Next two allied kills.

No one else considers that worth commenting on? O_o

*goes back to the vid*

Edit:

Half way through. More ganking. Unimpressed. *Deletes, goes to bed.*

If you want to see a REAL pvp movie, google for TFDE-HQ.

Drake6k
02-11-04, 01:49
Half way through. More ganking. Unimpressed. *Deletes, goes to bed.*

What the fuck? We did a OP war with like 20 against my clans 4 and did very well. There were multiple big fair legit fights. The beginning was some plaza fighting that I didnt start. I was attacked and started recording. My clan has no desire to fight in city. Everyone started attacking us though... :\

About the first kill. He came into plaza 1 on his own and got ganked by everyone (that was the day of the giant plaza fight that was in the forums) And I think his getting killed was a pretty cool scene.

I used footage from fair fights but ... where people did get killed in a very fast ownage way. That FF fight, they had a better team than us. But those two kills both seem like "unfair ganking"

MrChumble
02-11-04, 01:54
Looked like much ganking to me, especially in the OP underground. Perhaps I'm wrong, it has been known to happen :p

I'm a cynic though. I just can't take NC PvP seriously, it's too random. The only NC PvP video I've seen that was any good was the fang promo, cos it went for large panning shots and set pieces. NC just doesn't lend itself to pvp vids, in my view anyway.

I don't wanna seem totally negative, it's just my way. I'm glad you went to the effort to make the vid and share it, and obviously I'm the ickle minority in not liking it. Just take a look at tfde-hq and you'll see why ;)

Forked
02-11-04, 01:54
I disagree with MrChumbles here, seems like a great legit, non-ganking pvp fight to me. :wtf:

Anyway, kudos for sharing the video Drake, hope to see more in the future. :)

dem0n
02-11-04, 01:57
nooooo not BT please, can't get it to work with my NAT :(!

Tostino
02-11-04, 02:00
Looked like much ganking to me, especially in the OP underground. Perhaps I'm wrong, it has been known to happen :p

I'm a cynic though. I just can't take NC PvP seriously, it's too random. The only NC PvP video I've seen that was any good was the fang promo, cos it went for large panning shots and set pieces. NC just doesn't lend itself to pvp vids, in my view anyway.
Yea that was when they were going in two by two. and that was NOT a gank fest that fight was 11 vs 4 but they were never all down at the same time... but they aloways out numberd us unlesss they were rezing

Tostino
02-11-04, 02:00
nooooo not BT please, can't get it to work with my NAT :(!
http://downloads.neocron.org/Video/Misc/tempest-neocron2.avi

Drake6k
02-11-04, 02:01
I want to clear up about the OP underground fight. The clan had three times as many people as us total. We didnt even take the OP just wanted a good fight. They kept running in and out. They had one pe and the rest was capped tanks and monks. I'm really proud of how well Tempest did there. I have about an hours footage saved on my computer.

To everyone who likes the video, Thanks :)

QuakCow
02-11-04, 02:28
nice video

amfest
02-11-04, 02:29
I think the sad'est point in that video is when you were shooting at the guy walking in the air and then he zones >_>

DaxAra
02-11-04, 02:29
I know...
I had the movie on my machine at 10 am.
Tried uploading for some time when I got home at around 1 pm.
Couldnīt upload it, so waited for Daxara, who wasnīt online until 8 pm.
Then I sent the file to him and it was online at 11 pm.
So you could say that I was slow... or I could be victim of others being unavailable ;)
woo...
dont blame me :)

dem0n
02-11-04, 02:37
http://downloads.neocron.org/Video/Misc/tempest-neocron2.aviThank you very much Tostino, and the people at neocron.org :angel:! Much obliged!

EDIT:

Love the movie. I usually play on a 20 FPS average, so it's nice to see what the game could look like at ~90 FPS :P! Love the action, and yes I second the person which said overpowered pistol PE :P!

Etirann
02-11-04, 08:05
Those were fun fights, <3 for actually making the video Jack, was excited to see it. :)

Vid Gamer
02-11-04, 08:15
Nice video.

$tormbringer
02-11-04, 10:01
nice vid guys

was funneh to see the ppus going down coz they had no shelter :O

hope more vids come :O

Omnituens
02-11-04, 10:16
lol, i thought i recognised that name - i already downloaded it months ago

ah Quake TF - a classic, and a excellent vid

also try AnnihilatioN-HQ or BodyCount

Mr Friendly
02-11-04, 10:30
What the fuck? We did a OP war with like 20 against my clans 4 and did very well. There were multiple big fair legit fights. The beginning was some plaza fighting that I didnt start. I was attacked and started recording. My clan has no desire to fight in city. Everyone started attacking us though... :\

About the first kill. He came into plaza 1 on his own and got ganked by everyone (that was the day of the giant plaza fight that was in the forums) And I think his getting killed was a pretty cool scene.

I used footage from fair fights but ... where people did get killed in a very fast ownage way. That FF fight, they had a better team than us. But those two kills both seem like "unfair ganking"

dun bother wastin ur breath, hes just a niblet, has much to learn he does :angel:

btw, reason im sayin dat mrchumble is cuz u spent a post of flaming his video & even spent time to edit it syain u deleted it b4 even finsihing, THEN sayin how urs (maybe not urs but u advertised it) is better @_@ flamers should just die, go to hell & die, yeahihonk

BlackDove
02-11-04, 10:33
I hate your fucking FPS.

I hate you.

Die.

I have 7fps max at fights. (TNT2 - no further explanation necessary)

Awesome video man.

I'll keep this one.

MrChumble
02-11-04, 10:35
dun bother wastin ur breath, hes just a niblet, has much to learn he does :angel:
It wasn't wasted, I was wrong :p

I take NC PvP too seriously. When I see some guy getting taken down 5 on 1 I think 'ooh poor guy that must suck' but don't think 'what the hell is a twiglet guardian doing in neocron on his own.'

This is why I die a lot. First reaction to seeing an unclanned red is to say 'hi', by which time they're usually shooting me. :D

Endar
02-11-04, 11:13
Im downloading the clip and after its finished ill seed it for a day. If anyone leeches ill cut the torrent down and slice it into little pieces. So atleast seed to 1/1 and ill be happy and my computer wont kick the torrent down.

Download and seed like anyone with any common sense does. I wish I could make a permanent list of people who are not seeding and block theyr IPs. That would make me so happy...

Drake6k
02-11-04, 16:55
Im downloading the clip and after its finished ill seed it for a day. If anyone leeches ill cut the torrent down and slice it into little pieces. So atleast seed to 1/1 and ill be happy and my computer wont kick the torrent down.

Download and seed like anyone with any common sense does. I wish I could make a permanent list of people who are not seeding and block theyr IPs. That would make me so happy...

I'm not worried about the torrent anymore Neocron.org is hosting it now. :p (check 1st page)

Endar
02-11-04, 17:01
Nice movie. BTW how do you disable the RPOS?

J. Folsom
02-11-04, 17:02
Nice movie. BTW how do you disable the RPOS?
Control+Alt+F6

Need to tap it very shortly though, easiest way I've found is holding control and alt and then tapping the F6 button.

[TgR]KILLER
02-11-04, 17:04
jack the UG fight was that the one at tristar ? still downloading the movie while to go..

i still wonder how you got in the UG thought it was locked.. and we missed our real PPU's just a few nibs running in and out lol. and without buffs it aint hard to die.. tho i killed you on my apu with my FA :p

Drake6k
02-11-04, 17:29
KILLER']jack the UG fight was that the one at tristar ? still downloading the movie while to go..

i still wonder how you got in the UG thought it was locked.. and we missed our real PPU's just a few nibs running in and out lol. and without buffs it aint hard to die.. tho i killed you on my apu with my FA :p

Hehe. It wasn't locked for most of the fight so we were able to go in and out for ammo and stuff :p In the very end someone figured it out and locked it though.

[TgR]KILLER
02-11-04, 17:44
yea and after that they had it locked to clan for a day :rolleyes:

lol only showed me dieing in the UG killed you on my apu to :p.. stupid was alot different from my screen haha.. only my screen i was way up the ladder already and then got para and dmg boost and knocked down the ladder and died there.. lag i gues.

i was the PE with the camo pa btw.. nice vid jack :)

Koshinn
02-11-04, 18:34
KILLER']jack the UG fight was that the one at tristar ? still downloading the movie while to go..

Yeah, the UG was unlocked. We were all like "omg, don't tell them the ug is unlocked, maybe they'll keep it unlocked!" lol. The first op fight were the defending team zones UP to stay alive, rather than zoning down... was very interesting. I'm guessing someone in your clan opened the GR at tristar for someone and forgot to close it again.

Oh, and the PPUs didn't have buffs because I anti-shielded them, not because they let them wear off.

[TgR]KILLER
02-11-04, 18:43
wasn't my clan :p i got a 1 man clan ;) just helping everybody when i cba to cause i get bored sometimes :p hope we'r gonna do a few good OP wars again soon but last days we din't have fuck all people on.

Heroine
03-11-04, 13:12
Crazy fps.. i like this music.

LOST
03-11-04, 13:22
god damn it...why do i always miss the good stuff.

and omg at your vid....last night i had < 10 fps and a ridiculous ping. probably a good thing i wasnt there.

was a good vid to watch, seemed like a fun op fight. congrats to you.

just a little thing tho.....if you gonna show your vid off to the community it might be good idea to cut out the allied ganking. but maybe not :lol: .

Tostino
03-11-04, 18:17
That was not allyed "ganking" they atacked us so we atacked back and we had the same numbers.

Etirann
03-11-04, 18:19
Just as a little side note, we didn't provoke the war against the (clanned) allied kills we made. It was provoked by them (clan) attacking us at an earlier time.

Azrael104
04-11-04, 13:09
I downloaded this thinking itll be a good laugh, and it was. Until i heard in my Teamspeak that my clan fought some NEXT runners in a op fight...i noticed that some of the Reds where FA's..so i paused it to see if i could identify the names of the runners.
Well....i fell off my chair when i saw that it was my clan :wtf:....looks like my absence from Neocron for a week had a bad effect :rolleyes:.
Anyhow, im gonna take a baseball bat to their faces for that poor show :p .

Good quality btw, What are you running on your machine? Graphics Card and RPM of your Harddrive might be useful, since i heard quality and fps when recording depends on the rotation speed of your HD.

Tostino
04-11-04, 18:45
Jack Drake has a 3.0 p4 gforce4 ti 4600 and 1 gig of ddr ram. Not sure what HD he has :p. And he is out of town so he cant reply. And he used the full version of FRAPS the newest one.

Heroine
04-11-04, 18:52
Whats that music in the background?

Tostino
04-11-04, 21:39
Extremo is the band Wind is the song.
Just look at the begining of the video it says.