PDA

View Full Version : Huge.. Warbot - wtf?

Xeno LARD
01-11-04, 20:18
What the.. I'm driving sexy Aurora (Haha sexy, tank - get it?) and he equally sexy Black Heart about in I14, When I see this monster (See below). It's not a real mob, I drove through it, It wouldnt spawn there anyway. Has anyone else ever seen this beast (Named Wallace btw)?

If so, let's have a photo gallery. :D (I have more if requested)

QuakCow
01-11-04, 20:21
i seen someone talking about that...weird

Sakletare
01-11-04, 20:26
I've seen it too, and so did the rest of my team so it wasn't a client bug.

I think it's suposed to be a statue. Looks nice, and scares the hell out of people. :)

QuakCow
01-11-04, 20:28
where exactly is it?

Endar
01-11-04, 20:34
Its awesome :)

The evil Aura must have made that one...

:angel: hack//SIGN if someone didnt get it :angel:

Tratos
01-11-04, 20:45
saw that in Beta, thought WTF?

Anyone know its purpose? lol

QuakCow
01-11-04, 20:47
to look cool and scare teh nublets?

Endar
01-11-04, 20:57
It has a name so I think its somekind of a broken quest monster or something.

Birkoff
01-11-04, 21:01
Thought it was a tree with the wrong skin, thast what went around on AYB/ FAnG coms.

QuakCow
01-11-04, 21:02
tree named wallace?

capt-o
01-11-04, 21:04
Looks like the Juggernaut bots I saw in beta. Haven't been there since retail started, don't know if they look different now.

Anyway what's he doing out of the dungeon and so far east? :eek:

Tratos
01-11-04, 21:13
Looks like the Juggernaut bots I saw in beta. Haven't been there since retail started, don't know if they look different now.

Anyway what's he doing out of the dungeon and so far east? :eek:

heheh, the 'I_14 Giant' would never come close to fitting in that room ;) i think away judging by beta juggies, heh when i was next to the giant, the foot was taller than me O_o where as the i come up to about the kneww of a juggy:)

QuakCow
01-11-04, 21:13
he's wallace the kindhearted juggernaut :p

MkVenner
01-11-04, 21:18
thats is one of the juggernaughts from the facility

Xeno LARD
01-11-04, 21:19
tree named wallace?

No, A giant warbot named Wallace. Get it right ;).

[Edit: Here's Wallace's close up!]

capt-o
01-11-04, 21:25
That big eh? mm may have to go and get a look at it, hard to judge from a 2d pic unless someone stands next to it.

I'll go get a "3d" look at it, er wallace, since i have trouble conceptualizing something that big in NC.

Clive tombstone
01-11-04, 22:25
hehe GIANT sized mobs would be a cool add to NC, something to fear too.
Heheh, Giant sized Dragon flies and giant sized Doom reapers :D

Ahhhh itzz Godzilla!

Cytaur
01-11-04, 22:26
dragonflies used to be GIANT.... giant as when you go to PP sewers and there's that horizontal pipe that you have to crouch to get through, dragonflies just couldn't get under it! It was a big relief when you had to run away and you cross that pipe hah (back in beta4/pre patch 160 beta5)

same with warbots, they used to be HUGE almost as big as Wallace

G.0.D.
01-11-04, 22:45
Wallace is my friend, He brings me rusty spoons. Oh how I love to feel rusty spoons with my salad fingers.

Cytaur
01-11-04, 23:01
Wallace is my friend, He brings me rusty spoons. Oh how I love to feel rusty spoons with my salad fingers.

There's no spoon (TM)

Xeno LARD
01-11-04, 23:52

Wallace is kinda cute :wub:.

[TgR]KILLER
01-11-04, 23:56
lol it aint a juggernaut warbot.. saw the thing from a distance on my nib tradeskiller walking to soliko for lab bonus.. din't got to close as she can't put a dent in a packet of butter :p

anyway the thing is HUGE way larger then a juggie.

Vid Gamer
02-11-04, 00:07
Those are how actual WB's should look like.

Either that or make a WB spawn like that and make him 120/120 ***

Xeno LARD
02-11-04, 00:08
Those are how actual WB's should look like.

Either that or make a WB spawn like that and make him 120/120 ***

Noooooooo Wallace is a friendly chap. He doesn't want a silly laser or rockets. He wants a chat and to give out rusty spoons (apparently).

amfest
02-11-04, 02:33
I recall seeing a site that had beta screenshots from NC1 beta and they had the HUGE warbot in it . .and you saw the chat saying OMG it's huge!! and then they were dead and being stepped on ;)

Blacksword
02-11-04, 08:56
some mobs the size of some of the ones from daoc would be nice. plenty of room in the wasteland for them.

Genji
02-11-04, 09:03
I rememeber WB's being a hell of alot bigger. Saw warbots the way there are now and thought, damn they seem kinda small. Glad it's not just me.
I think they should be bigger. It IS a warbot..should be big and menaceing.

Glok
02-11-04, 09:12
some mobs the size of some of the ones from daoc would be nice. plenty of room in the wasteland for them.Agreed there is plenty of room. Put stuff everywhere KK!

Bugs Gunny
02-11-04, 10:42
Euh.... so parking my Mech in I14 was not a good idea it seems.....

Endar
02-11-04, 10:56

Salad Fingers??!?! Har har har har har har har!! Again again!!

amfest
02-11-04, 11:28
http://www.neocroncentral.net/images/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=wastelands&id=20010816_rocketbot_0003w00t!!

Gotta love the chat . .lol

I suppose it wasn't as big as I remember :(

Bronx
02-11-04, 11:31
Here ya go.

THE_TICK!!!!
02-11-04, 13:19
lol nice screeny's xeno...um...but whats with the hair :)

Xeno LARD
02-11-04, 14:45
lol nice screeny's xeno...um...but whats with the hair :)

What's wrong with my hair? :(

[Edit: Oh, female tank's are mank. Nb: They look better on fire]

Akasha
03-11-04, 11:07
LMFAO! poor Xeno! Me and Black were on vent (ok Xeno wasnt!) so when he mentioned that he saw this huge wb we agreed to torment him and say no we hadnt seen it!

Hope ya forgive meh Mr Xeno :angel:

~A~

THE_TICK!!!!
03-11-04, 12:46
lol sorry xeno...but i hadent seen the tanky hair yet :D course...my tanks hair is probly pretty mangy as well :( dunno will see when i get back home :D

SorkZmok
03-11-04, 14:02
LMFAO! poor Xeno! Me and Black were on vent (ok Xeno wasnt!) so when he mentioned that he saw this huge wb we agreed to torment him and say no we hadnt seen it!

~A~Ahahaha classic!

Wish i wouldve been there when it happened. :)

Xeno LARD
03-11-04, 16:59

~A~

:mad:.

Last time I give you sex in the back of a rev :(.

Akasha
03-11-04, 17:23
LOL true, as you dont have the rhino no more! hahaha *evil laugh*

~A~

trigger hurt
03-11-04, 17:27
http://www.neocroncentral.net/images/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=wastelands&id=20010816_rocketbot_0003w00t!!

think that's back when warbots shot plasma instead of the blue glue. good times, good times.

Xeno LARD
03-11-04, 17:43
LOL true, as you dont have the rhino no more! hahaha *evil laugh*

~A~

It's not a Rhino. Thickie Tank.

amfest
03-11-04, 18:08
think that's back when warbots shot plasma instead of the blue glue. good times, good times.
I believe it was cause I think there are other screenshtos on that site that do show the plasma shots. Along with the REAL looking vehicle tank lol.

Akasha
03-11-04, 19:07
:cool: opps true tis not a rhino! d'oh *hides*

~A~

but you aint got the rev no more hahaha *evil laugh*

StrongSad
03-11-04, 20:37
Euh.... so parking my Mech in I14 was not a good idea it seems.....

:lol: :lol: Bastages

It is probably a quest kill, but the quest is not in yet. Like the 80/80 poison plants that go to a broken drug quest. KK, when will I ever get to play the retail version of NC? :p

Odin
03-11-04, 20:50

Actually the "you" in that was me. That was the first appearance of a Warbot in game back in beta II. Can't remember which KK member decided to drop that on us that day.

Saza
03-11-04, 21:00
HOLY SHIT LMAO
O_o

Much different to the Odin we all know and love today...

Odin
03-11-04, 21:03
O_o

Much different to the Odin we all know and love today...

Heh work and play is always different :)

Koth
04-11-04, 10:10
w00t, that warbot owns.

sex sex sex

MasterBee
04-11-04, 10:51
Hmm... can a GM turn into a mob or control a mob? It would be really cool to encounter a 120/120 warbot near the MB bunker... And find out that it has a human-like IQ :D
I can see waves of defenders trying to protect this hunting spot :lol:
Seriously though, is it just me, or are GMs never online?

Xeno LARD
04-11-04, 13:45
Hmm... can a GM turn into a mob or control a mob? It would be really cool to encounter a 120/120 warbot near the MB bunker... And find out that it has a human-like IQ :D
Seriously though, is it just me, or are GMs never online?

They deal with the help queue and don't let onto the fact that they're online so they don't get spammed. Like para whoring, just less para'ing and more messaging. Incase you were wondering. :D.

Tidus_Origin
04-11-04, 14:23

My guess is that being a GM in NC would be much like being a DM in NeverWinter Nights (GM's might want to correct me if I'm wrong on this) - in that they can spawn items, change their appearance to an existing in-game skin (I saw Apollo using a yellow spider skin on the Testserver once, lol), control NPCs (for the live runs in NC1) and change stats on NPCs/PCs (sympathy fixes, changing a humanoid enemy's weapon/armor/stat setup?) among other things.

MasterBee
04-11-04, 14:37
My guess is that being a GM in NC would be much like being a DM in NeverWinter Nights (GM's might want to correct me if I'm wrong on this) - in that they can spawn items, change their appearance to an existing in-game skin (I saw Apollo using a yellow spider skin on the Testserver once, lol), control NPCs (for the live runs in NC1) and change stats on NPCs/PCs (sympathy fixes, changing a humanoid enemy's weapon/armor/stat setup?) among other things.

Yeah, I know they can change their appearance... I remember when one of the GMs shapeshifted into various mobs in plaza1 medicare... Hehe, shoulda seen those comments when a hoverbot appeared in the middle of plaza :lol:
But that was in... 2002?
Come on GMs, mute Direct Channel, go out there and surprise us! :D
Just an example: you could spawn a swarm of dragonflies in doy center :p

Xeno LARD
04-11-04, 18:24
Just an example: you could spawn a swarm of dragonflies in doy center :p

They'd own the DOY guards and you know it.