PDA

View Full Version : Patch 117 Notes & Discussion

Thanatos
01-11-04, 19:34
This is just a small update with exploit fixes and a few WoC fixes.

- Fixed StockX exploit.
- Fixed bug in WoC XP requirements which allowed runners to get WoC Lvl 1 already at 160 Mio XP. Runners who have taken advantage of this bug will keep their WoC level, but still need a total of 410M XP for the second WoC level.
- Fixed "You have to finish the Epic Run" WoC NPC bug when runner has *any* active mission.
- Fixed XP not going past 172,354,941 points (for a skill capped at Lvl 100) on some skills/player actions, e.g. trade skills
- Disabled "client side prediction" of XP gains. F5 now shows the real numbers, as last reported by the server. These numbers aren't updated more than once in every 10 seconds. This means that you *may* have a little more XP than shown in the F5 window. It will get updated on one of your next XP-giving actions, or if you zone/relog.
- Fixed an exploit in the Crahn epic run.

Tostino
01-11-04, 19:41
first! sexy patch too :)

Dribble Joy
01-11-04, 19:44
Sex0r.

WoC here we come :p.

Xeno LARD
01-11-04, 19:45
w00t. Shame I have no anywhere near capped chars any more :(.

Glok
01-11-04, 19:46
Higher TL lowtech pistols and rifles? :(

Netphreak
01-11-04, 19:46
Have you added in the mid-hi level rifles and pistols to any vendors or smugglers yet?
Last i heard the the TL61 and TL79 (i know the mobs in the old BD HQ drop these) gatlin rifles and the advanced assault rifle couldn't be bought anywhere.

jernau
01-11-04, 19:47
Good to see the WoC bugs cleared out before Drone Week.

Tratos
01-11-04, 19:49
Very nice little bug fixing patch :) cool

wronganswer
01-11-04, 19:55
Hehe nice patch...tis good u guys are fixing sumthing unlike other games (runescape)...nice community btw

[VP]Orion
01-11-04, 20:07
After this last patch I cant alt-tab anymore without getting a C++ runtime error.

amputator
01-11-04, 20:19
where can i get lvl 1 woc stuff ? :p

Tratos
01-11-04, 20:20

Tried talking to the WoC savants with a WoC level?

jernau
01-11-04, 20:21
I would hope that they hold it off for a week or so to let those that didn't get lucky with this bug a chance to catch up.

I'll probably get flamed for saying that though. Oh well...

[VP]Orion
01-11-04, 20:36
I would hope that they hold it off for a week or so to let those that didn't get lucky with this bug a chance to catch up.

I'll probably get flamed for saying that though. Oh well...
I would rather have seen KK removing the WoC status from those that did it. Exploiting should NOT give you anything for free. Imho they should have removed it from all of them and gave them all a warning.

Tratos
01-11-04, 20:42
Orion']I would rather have seen KK removing the WoC status from those that did it. Exploiting should NOT give you anything for free. Imho they should have removed it from all of them and gave them all a warning.

The people who tried were not aware WoC was bugged it would be unfair to wipe there levels and make them gain back the money (pretty easy) and the disk (which are pretty hard to aquire) im glad they went this way.

QuakCow
01-11-04, 20:45
nice patch

(off topic: tratos wth is that in your sig??? :confused: )

jernau
01-11-04, 20:52
Orion']I would rather have seen KK removing the WoC status from those that did it. Exploiting should NOT give you anything for free. Imho they should have removed it from all of them and gave them all a warning.
As Tratos said there's no exploit involved.

I imagine the reasoning is that it's too much work to list out the people that have paid for their WoC and give them all back 2million creds and a disk. (It's best we don't think too much about what this, once again, tells us about the database.)

Given that people have the levels it makes sense to let them stand - KK have taken enough away from the vets lately without taking that too. I don't think it would kill anyone to hold the items back a week or so though as a lot of people deliberately didn't pay the money simply because history made it seem very likely they would get screwed if they did.

Endar
01-11-04, 20:55
By the way, could someone create a thread with list of WoC skill levels and what you gain from getting em?

Birkoff
01-11-04, 21:00
As Tratos said there's no exploit involved.

I imagine the reasoning is that it's too much work to list out the people that have paid for their WoC and give them all back 2million creds and a disk. (It's best we don't think too much about what this, once again, tells us about the database.)

Given that people have the levels it makes sense to let them stand - KK have taken enough away from the vets lately without taking that too. I don't think it would kill anyone to hold the items back a week or so though as a lot of people deliberately didn't pay the money simply because history made it seem very likely they would get screwed if they did.

True but then thats more time to wait for the people that haven't aready got it as well though. I didn't do it as i thoguht i woudl get fucked over but hey i won't mind getting it now. Its at last something to do.

Thanks KK for finally (if it in fact does work) fixing WOC and making the game worth plying again :)

Now fix the casting shit :)

Dribble Joy
01-11-04, 21:01
Even thought they got thier WoC 'early' They now have an additional 100 mil to get to reach WoC2.

jernau
01-11-04, 21:07
Even thought they got thier WoC 'early' They now have an additional 100 mil to get to reach WoC2.
True, they do however have access to WoC1 now.

Of course we have no idea what that means - for all we know (officially) WoC1 gives you a gold plated spork to hang in your appartment :rolleyes: . If so, I don't care but if it gives a combat advantage I think it's only fair to give everyone a chance. You'd have to work pretty hard to get 100mil in a week anyway so chances are the lucky ones would still have some head start but it would give everyone a chance.

We've sacrificed a lot to some really screwed up definitions of "fairness" lately. Why not consider a legitimate one?

Rexunreal
01-11-04, 21:34
Cant wait too get my spy capped to start WoC.
Hmm alos think i might try a droner out just for fun.

Argent
01-11-04, 21:47
- Disabled "client side prediction" of XP gains. F5 now shows the real numbers, as last reported by the server. These numbers aren't updated more than once in every 10 seconds. This means that you *may* have a little more XP than shown in the F5 window. It will get updated on one of your next XP-giving actions, or if you zone/relog.

Incorrect.

Example, TL-150 const mission.

Dex exp before build, immediately after build and minute or so after build.

173948000 before
174153000 right after
174050000 ~minute later

Bronx
01-11-04, 22:12
OK this isnt directlly related to the patch, but it sorta is.

On my Monk I paid the 2 mil creds, and gave a WoC disk like a week or so ago. Now my question is.....was there an item that I was "suppoed" to get?

From what I understood is that at each level you recive a WoC item. Can someone clear this up. Do you get something when you first start WoC or when you reach the next level?

So if Im at 172 mil hard capped when do I get an item.

The rason why Im asking this is becasue I started the WoC when it was still bugged. So Im hoping I didnt miss out an a WoC item.

-Bronx

manderf
01-11-04, 22:30
nice them weeks... I thought this was "drone" week not woc.

G.0.D.
01-11-04, 22:36
I dont see anything about drones :rolleyes:

DRONERS SUCK DUCKS!!!

QuakCow
01-11-04, 22:37
quak? sry..had to do that...

Tratos
01-11-04, 22:48
Drone week starts tuesday ;)

Omnituens
01-11-04, 22:59
(off topic: tratos wth is that in your sig??? :confused: )
Creme Eggs

mmm... creme eggs

nice patch, i want to test WoC

*waits for APU friend to log on*

jernau
01-11-04, 23:08
On my Monk I paid the 2 mil creds, and gave a WoC disk like a week or so ago. Now my question is.....was there an item that I was "suppoed" to get?As I read it you don't get the item(s) you just get the ability to use them if/when you buy/find them.

Where you buy/find them, what they are, etc is still unknown AFAIK.

Someone suggested the savants sell them and that would make sense I guess. No idea if it's true though.

/edit - frozen creme eggs = :D

Glok
01-11-04, 23:19
Bug reports here?

The faction supply sellers list errant prices. I didn't notice before today but my total for 30 gamonin is shown as 81k but when I hit buy my chat window says I paid 94.6k. All the faction vendors are like that.

Oh this is with 87 brt, 110 int.

jernau
01-11-04, 23:22
Some vendors have always told porkies. Some only seem to do it on stacks of items. I thought it was a feature :o .

Dribble Joy
01-11-04, 23:27
Remember that the cost of items constantly changes over time, it fluctuates.
Same with slotted items, you open the trade window and it says 2 slot raypistol, but you get a 1 slot.
Same happens with stacks, you select an item and type in the amount you want, showing how much it would be when you buy at that price per item.
But it isn't 'realtime' and after you select/enter the amount, the price per item may change.

My take on it anyway.

Glok
01-11-04, 23:35
DJ that's a damn weird theory. :p

Well I always pay 94.6k for that stack, at regular crytons and at the faction seller. The regular crytons lists the price correctly however. My guess is you are supposed to get a discount at your faction HQ, but it's broken.

Dribble Joy
01-11-04, 23:40
Hmmm, I dunno, stuff does change from when you first ope the window though, initially at least.

Tratos
01-11-04, 23:58
your "supposed" to get 10% discount from HQ Vendors

amfest
02-11-04, 02:51
your "supposed" to get 10% discount from HQ Vendors
they smooth talk you over to think you are getting a discount . but then they add in the tax afterwards :p

Omnituens
02-11-04, 07:06
Remember that the cost of items constantly changes over time, it fluctuates.
Same with slotted items, you open the trade window and it says 2 slot raypistol, but you get a 1 slot.
Same happens with stacks, you select an item and type in the amount you want, showing how much it would be when you buy at that price per item.
But it isn't 'realtime' and after you select/enter the amount, the price per item may change.

My take on it anyway.
there used to be hidden decimals and the game rounded them up

so if you wanted a pistol (say 20495 from a vendor) increase the amount you are buying by a factor of 10 and instead of getting a 204950 for 10 you get 204959, because the price for 1 is actually 20459.9

i think. though those are example numbers.

Bronx
02-11-04, 07:10
As I read it you don't get the item(s) you just get the ability to use them if/when you buy/find them.

Where you buy/find them, what they are, etc is still unknown AFAIK.

Someone suggested the savants sell them and that would make sense I guess. No idea if it's true though.

/edit - frozen creme eggs = :D

Humm well can anyone shed some light on this? Does anyone know if the WoC items are even sold yet or know where to find them at? If there not even in game yet then whats the point of making WoC a priority fix over Drones, then "fixing" WoC but it really isnt? lol

-Bronx

nobby
02-11-04, 08:34
everytime i alt tab out of the game i get a C++ runtime error, i dont like playing in windowed mode because the game is darker and the FPS is slower...

thought this had actually got fixed ?

amfest
02-11-04, 13:20
Humm well can anyone shed some light on this? Does anyone know if the WoC items are even sold yet or know where to find them at? If there not even in game yet then whats the point of making WoC a priority fix over Drones, then "fixing" WoC but it really isnt? lol

-Bronx
Considering how much xp you need to reach the last level wouldn't you make it a priority fix :p It makes no difference if you can't get the first items it'll take forever to get to the last level anyhow :p so you should get cracking now and the items will be in before you finish :p

amputator
02-11-04, 14:29
Considering how much xp you need to reach the last level wouldn't you make it a priority fix :p It makes no difference if you can't get the first items it'll take forever to get to the last level anyhow :p so you should get cracking now and the items will be in before you finish :p

there are items for all lvls not just for last one :rolleyes:

amfest
02-11-04, 14:51
there are items for all lvls not just for last one :rolleyes:
yes there are. It's not like anyone is getting ahead of anyone right now besides the xp since they can't get the items (as far as we know). Think of it this way when the items come in . . you'll be ready with your woc levels that youv'e gained thus far. But my comment was that the last level is soooooooooooo much xp that it's best not to hold it off on fixing the xp gain. Typically the last item is the most wanted.

On another note I hope they don't tell people what the items are or how to recieve them. That should be something left to the players to find out through exploration. I also hope that the best woc skills lie in the ones you'd least suspect ;) Would be funny if all monks find out the best ones lay in the INT area heh.

Bronx
02-11-04, 19:19
yes there are. It's not like anyone is getting ahead of anyone right now besides the xp since they can't get the items (as far as we know). Think of it this way when the items come in . . you'll be ready with your woc levels that youv'e gained thus far. But my comment was that the last level is soooooooooooo much xp that it's best not to hold it off on fixing the xp gain. Typically the last item is the most wanted.

On another note I hope they don't tell people what the items are or how to recieve them. That should be something left to the players to find out through exploration. I also hope that the best woc skills lie in the ones you'd least suspect ;) Would be funny if all monks find out the best ones lay in the INT area heh.

Dude thats the most idiotic thing I have ever read. First of all Monks can over cap their PSI.

Secondly whats the harm in finding out what your reward is for each level? Its hard enough just to reack over cap, I thinks that is subject for a rewaed (WoC level 1 item)

-Bronx

Noldus
03-11-04, 02:37
Still no fix for the memory leaks... :rolleyes:

How much longer do we have to put up with this crap? I have never seen any other game where you get booted every couple of hours because the client consumed a total of ~2 GB memory!

Omnituens
03-11-04, 08:24

How much longer do we have to put up with this crap? I have never seen any other game where you get booted every couple of hours because the client consumed a total of ~2 GB memory!
never got that bad on my system, ive got 512MB and have about 100MB free on average.

Seven
03-11-04, 09:28

Well supposedly it's being worked on along with player shops and other things like theme week.

jernau
03-11-04, 13:16
never got that bad on my system, ive got 512MB and have about 100MB free on average.
On the two PCs I currently use for NC, one is unplayable after 10 minutes, the other can last hours unless I visit certain areas (after which it dies).

Some people really are screwed by this.

KRIMINAL99
03-11-04, 16:18

Just out of curiousity was the purpose of this to hide how much the anti macro code screws up xp gain during regular play until you find the time to fix it... ?

High Tower
03-11-04, 17:47
ok this has got to be a problem with my computer but it wont let me download patch 117 from the main log in page or from the FTP site of neocron. Its done this before and i have got it of my friend and copied it into the patches folder but they are not available for a while so can anyone post me a mirror or send it to me via e-mail over MSN if its small enough?

Thanks

Matthew.v.smith
03-11-04, 20:28
Nice patch but when can we change into some fresh clothes (aka Outfitter) I'm starting to smell :o

Matty :angel:

kurai
03-11-04, 21:05
Nice patch but when can we change into some fresh clothes (aka Outfitter) I'm starting to smell :o

Matty :angel:When they've re-written enough texture handling code to stop the client barfiing with the mem load it already has to deal with.

03-11-04, 22:49
Looks like they also fixed the Military Base apartment vendor

Anyone know if MB has a furniture vendor anywhere?

Yelly
05-11-04, 22:24
Well done on drone updates.
Those who ask about other updates to the game....
Go check information on theme weeks....
As that seems to be a good idea as well
Not only 2-3% done on each thing....
They concentrate fully on one thing instead...
So ppl that got memory leak problems....
Your week will come too

J. Folsom
05-11-04, 22:26
Anyone know if MB has a furniture vendor anywhere?
Don't think there is.