PDA

View Full Version : Belt of Zargerus (spelling?)

Obsidian X
01-11-04, 16:36
I know these have been reomved from the game and that the quest for them was bugged etc etc, but I was just wondering in the old days of NC1 did anyone have one of these, and if so what were the stats/reqs for them? I know its not relevant now, I'm just curious as I've never (and never will) seen one of these elusive belts.

J. Folsom
01-11-04, 16:43
I'm pretty certain Fenix had one, but he quit I think.

No idea about the exact stats, though I do know it was the best possible belt a tank could use.

EDIT:

Found the stats in an old topic:

Zargerus Belt of Protection

Pierce +10
Force +10
Energy +20
X-Ray +20
Body Health +20

I forget the INT Req on it but I know a Tank can use it..

15 INT

[TgR]KILLER
01-11-04, 16:49
afaik fenix is still here saw him online a few days ago tho..

he said he still had it i think tho i wouldn't know.. try e-mailing fenix on terra :)

Obsidian X
01-11-04, 16:54
Thanks guys,

Sounds like a pretty good belt for my melee tank, why don't they teach the bugged NPCs english and fix their scripts? This could be a useful item for tanks everywhere!

greendonkeyuk
01-11-04, 17:17
tbh i wish they would give us belts of xargerus too. i didnt realise they actually conferred bonuses either. i thought fenix won his as some sort of reward for something he did for the community (a forum competition or something). i was under the impression it was a purely roleplay item (a la the dildo of maven) but had no use in combat/pvp. Still now ive seen the stats i think id be quite partial to one of those. It would be a blinder of a belt for noobs to use too wouldnt it... i mean some would quickly grow out of it but it would be nice to see them in game.

Glok
01-11-04, 17:25
Tanks heck... high tech Private Eyes. :p

SorkZmok
01-11-04, 17:36
tbh i wish they would give us belts of xargerus too. i didnt realise they actually conferred bonuses either. i thought fenix won his as some sort of reward for something he did for the community (a forum competition or something). i was under the impression it was a purely roleplay item (a la the dildo of maven) but had no use in combat/pvp. Still now ive seen the stats i think id be quite partial to one of those. It would be a blinder of a belt for noobs to use too wouldnt it... i mean some would quickly grow out of it but it would be nice to see them in game.
That thing is as good as heavy belts. Dont wanna see it ingame actually.

Heavyporker
01-11-04, 17:56
I'd love to see it back in game.. make the run for acquiring it difficult as hell and only doable once each character (like epics, but a hidden completion tag)

Opar
01-11-04, 18:22
Fenix won a belt of zagerus because of a skinning competition he won.

StryfeX
01-11-04, 18:51
I'd love to see it back in game.. make the run for acquiring it difficult as hell and only doable once each character (like epics, but a hidden completion tag)
Yes! Yes! Yes! Heavyporker strikes again!

But probably *not* going to happen. :(

--Stryfe

Eddie
01-11-04, 18:52
If I remember rightly, I doubt he would still have it.

"The Wipe" deleted anything that new players could get, which included spirit mods, kami chips, and indeed this belt.

If I could be bother I would get the quote for it, but I can't. So there. Ner ner. :p

Eddie

Dribble Joy
01-11-04, 19:01
Only if it's stats were nerfed.

Crest
01-11-04, 19:05
If I remember rightly, I doubt he would still have it.

"The Wipe" deleted anything that new players could get, which included spirit mods, kami chips, and indeed this belt.

If I could be bother I would get the quote for it, but I can't. So there. Ner ner. :p

Eddie

One player had it ligit as a reward, and GM's said he would get it back in NC2 so the thread read

Eddie
01-11-04, 19:21
One player had it ligit as a reward, and GM's said he would get it back in NC2 so the thread read

Ooops. Fair enough. Missed that one.

Eddie

[TgR]KILLER
01-11-04, 19:31
as i said up above.. fenix said to me ingame a few weeks back he still had it.. so i gues he still has..

-Demon-
01-11-04, 20:05
Fenix said in his leaving post...hes only getting rid of it if you talk money to him! I would thought the impossible item would highly valued!

He had it respawned by a GM as others have said, as he won it legit, apparently though they found other entries for it in the database :)

Naughty Naughty :p

I wouldn't mind the run put in...but for now it's Drone week starting tomorrow I think we should go in for that!

Vid Gamer
02-11-04, 00:09
Is Fenix still banned?

I think since NC2 is a fresh start in a way we should give him a fresh start, too. :p

plague
02-11-04, 00:46
they couldn't even if wanted to, cuz he quit for good. Last week actually with hole buch of other vets bummer :(

-Demon-
02-11-04, 01:15
Aye..I'm on the verge myself...Canceled 1 of 3 accounts atm.

Not sure what I'm gonna do atm tho.

Vid Gamer
02-11-04, 03:01
Crap, I saw Fenix playing NC2 a few weeks back, too. :(

Genji
02-11-04, 08:52
Since were kinda on the topic, what was the stats on the kami chip? just woundering

Glok
02-11-04, 09:04
The 4 different kami chips generally gave +40 to your combat skill, +20 to agility, and -100 to 2 resists.

Koth
02-11-04, 13:36
as kid said on the first page the belt is stupidly overpowered, i dont think its a good idea to have, think what that would do for a tanks armour.

Mayb if they put some kind of maximum limit on it so that people with int 20+ cant use it. but then that leaes about 5 levels where it can actually be used. .... and so its pointless.

Keep it where it is ... a forum legend

J. Folsom
02-11-04, 13:44
The 4 different kami chips generally gave +40 to your combat skill, +20 to agility, and -100 to 2 resists.As an addition, the psi kami gives -40 PPU.

MasterBee
02-11-04, 14:08
Yeah, I would like to see that belt on my melee tank...
Come on KK, melee tanks are weak and gimped atm!! Give us zargerus belt!
PLEEEEAAAASEE!!!!!
:p :D

r3drum18
02-11-04, 14:19
I know these have been reomved from the game and that the quest for them was bugged etc etc, but I was just wondering in the old days of NC1 did anyone have one of these, and if so what were the stats/reqs for them? I know its not relevant now, I'm just curious as I've never (and never will) seen one of these elusive belts.

the belt dont removed from the game!!!!
only the run !!!

KK gives the belt

cannings from fang he helped KK in anythink i dont know what :confused:

i can send ya a screenshoot i got one.

plz give me ur email

P.S: sry 4 ma bad english =)

Obsidian X
02-11-04, 14:49
Yeah, I would like to see that belt on my melee tank...
Come on KK, melee tanks are weak and gimped atm!! Give us zargerus belt!
PLEEEEAAAASEE!!!!!
:p :D

I wouldn't go that far, but at the same time belts for tanks suck big time. The best one I can wear is that pos Medium energyfield belt. Reintroducing this belt would be ideal, but make the quest epic level difficulty.

the belt dont removed from the game!!!!
only the run !!!

The run was never removed afaik, just never worked in the first place.

Jesterthegreat
02-11-04, 17:33
i believe the reqs were changed to 50 str (im sure fen said tat) but yeah fen is quittin last time i heard :(

Sorin
03-11-04, 04:52
Only if it's stats were nerfed.

Hell no. Plus that would defy the entire point of a once-per-character run anyways. If it were unnecessarily nerfed, I'd go for removing the pierce/force/energy and keep the xray and health as is.

Changing the stats too much from what they are kinda steals the thunder too much for it to be of any real use.

StrongSad
03-11-04, 05:09
Plz someone post a screenshot.

Dribble Joy
03-11-04, 05:21
Hell no. Plus that would defy the entire point of a once-per-character run anyways. If it were unnecessarily nerfed, I'd go for removing the pierce/force/energy and keep the xray and health as is.

Changing the stats too much from what they are kinda steals the thunder too much for it to be of any real use.
20 energy, xray and health is just... too much.
EVERYONE would NEED it.
It's better than a heavy energy belt, but PE's and tanks could use it. Spies if it was kept at int20.
Yes virtually every PE uses a med energy belt, every spy a heavy energy, all monks fire (or posion).
But I would rather it offer an alternative rather than boosting anyone who has it.

Sorin
03-11-04, 05:30
EVERYONE would NEED it.
It's better than a heavy energy belt, but PE's and tanks could use it. Spies if it was kept at int20.
Yes virtually every PE uses a med energy belt, every spy a heavy energy, all monks fire (or posion).
But I would rather it offer an alternative rather than boosting anyone who has it.

Well like I said, I wouldn't mind a nerf so much if it kept the xray and health. I could do without the rest, if it came down to it.

Singularity
03-11-04, 12:09
EVERYONE would NEED it.

fen said ingame that thanny changed it to 50 STR ... for PE's and tanks it would be a godsend imo... oh and it doesnt drop

Obsidian X
03-11-04, 17:53
fen said ingame that thanny changed it to 50 STR ... for PE's and tanks it would be a godsend imo... oh and it doesnt drop

Why not make it an epic or mini-epic? It'd be a great idea for tanks and PE's at 50 STR, with it being a non drop item it makes sense. Make the quest as difficult or if not more so (not to mention as tedious) as an epic run. Hell even replace one of the crappy anti-city epic rewards with it, and give me a reason to roll an anti-city character

jernau
03-11-04, 19:34
According to Fenix (the only person who legally owned one on Pluto and possibly any server) the stats were changed to :
21 energy
10 Firce/Pierce
5Fire/Xray

The health bonus was removed because of a problem adding HP from armour. Also apparently it was meant to increase the health cap by 20 to 615 but this also didn't work.

The Req changed to 50 STR when it was respawned for him in NC2 after being wiped in the transfer.

Right now the belt is on his tank but he has quit the game.

-Demon-
04-11-04, 00:18
According to Fenix (the only person who legally owned one on Pluto and possibly any server)

Rumors are that there wasn't just the one when they came to wipe the database...but yes Fenix had the only one that was legit.

jernau
04-11-04, 00:34
Rumors are that there wasn't just the one when they came to wipe the database...but yes Fenix had the only one that was legit.
Correct.