PDA

View Full Version : neocron.ems.ru

Otto
01-11-04, 13:47
I like that site. However it has not been updated for ages. Does anyone know how he got all that statistics? Did he use magic or what? Reverse engineering? Does anyone know a site that has the same, but more updated statistics?

Sorin
01-11-04, 13:52
Nobody beats neocron.ems.ru for that level of detail, unfortunately. There's a guy around here that's been posting things recently that could not be known by normal means, so maybe he'll hopefully make a site just like neocron.ems.ru

One decent site though is nc.synergyxr.net. Again, not the great neocron.ems.ru, but it gets by.

Dajuda
01-11-04, 14:00
nc.synergyxr.net is better, and updated.

Spermy
01-11-04, 14:48
It's better BECAUSE it gets update - if Ems was updated - It would piss all over Synergy.

Not that I'm saying synergy sucks - it's impossible to plan acharacter to any degree unless you have a photographic memory of weapon req's, without taken just a wee tiny peek at Synergy.

Thumbs up to both parties.

El_MUERkO
01-11-04, 15:07
Why would it piss all over synergy?

40$Poser
01-11-04, 15:27
Why would it piss all over synergy?

well if it's one of those kind of sites that involves that, count me out! lol

MaGn0lia
01-11-04, 15:29
There's a guy around here that's been posting things recently that could not be known by normal means

Whom Whom? Is it you?

kurai
01-11-04, 15:33
Whom Whom? Is it you?Anyone with sufficient Clue [TM] to read the .def files could rip most of the static info.

There are many people on the forum capable. I dare say many just haven't bothered trying.

jernau
01-11-04, 15:47
I like that site. However it has not been updated for ages. Does anyone know how he got all that statistics? Did he use magic or what? Reverse engineering? Does anyone know a site that has the same, but more updated statistics?
He took the old off-line demo apart.

He left some time ago though so it won't be getting any updates :(.

Synergy is now the best I know of though I do prefer Rustot's layout.

Sakletare
01-11-04, 15:57
It's very sad that rustot (http://forum.neocron.com/member.php?u=7216) left, his site was great -and still is is some ways even though it hasn't been updated for ages.

kurai
01-11-04, 15:58
Synergy is now the best I know of though I do prefer Rustot's layout.Agreed on both points.

I like having nearly all the relevant info about an item on a single line. Makes comparisons a hell of a lot easier.

Glok
01-11-04, 17:59
I use sheriff-hardy.de now. Almost all the info you used to find on rustot's site, and in almost the same format. :)

Sakletare
01-11-04, 18:13
I use sheriff-hardy.de now. Almost all the info you used to find on rustot's site, and in almost the same format. :)
sheriff-hardy.de is good, but i miss the freq/range/etc cap values that neocron.ems.ru has. :(

-FN-
01-11-04, 21:09
Anyone with sufficient Clue [TM] to read the .def files could rip most of the static info.

There are many people on the forum capable. I dare say many just haven't bothered trying.

And some of us don't know the ramifications of doing such a deed - while the old saying "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission." is usually true, I really don't care to find out in this specific situation ;)

havic
01-11-04, 22:53
edited

jernau
01-11-04, 23:11
Personally I prefer .csv or .xls but dont' take that as me encouraging you to do anything you might regret later.

PDF is the king of shite formats.

[TgR]KILLER
01-11-04, 23:44
for some way i hate pdf.. only ever installed acrobat reader because i wanted to read the neocronicles lol..

tho 1 good thing.. i don't have to carry my 776 page windows 2003 server book because i got the whole book on a 35 mb pdf on my mem stick :p

ow btw i used to love neocron.ems.ru know the url still from my head.. got it all on paper printed out.. dated 18-3-03 lol outdated like hell but still got pages and pages of info.. all weapons spells imps :p nowadays i used synergy's site tho.

havic
02-11-04, 02:02
edited

-FN-
02-11-04, 02:04
I started a "Print Version" of the listings awhile ago but never finished it. I've picked it back up. In the navigation area on the left, some lists will have a "v2" after the link. It will lead to a more "ems.ru" looking page with nc.syn's database info. They'll all soon have an alternate 'old style' view, but it'll take me a bit to finish up.

e.g.
nc.syn style (http://nc.synergyxr.net/list.php?cat=weapons) vs ems.ru style (http://nc.synergyxr.net/simplelist.php?cat=weapons)

More data will be in there eventually - and you can always submit a correction via the form on each item info pop-up :)

QuakCow
02-11-04, 02:06
very nice FN, this looks to be interesting :p

dem0n
02-11-04, 02:39
I started a "Print Version" of the listings awhile ago but never finished it. I've picked it back up. In the navigation area on the left, some lists will have a "v2" after the link. It will lead to a more "ems.ru" looking page with nc.syn's database info. They'll all soon have an alternate 'old style' view, but it'll take me a bit to finish up.

e.g.
nc.syn style (http://nc.synergyxr.net/list.php?cat=weapons) vs ems.ru style (http://nc.synergyxr.net/simplelist.php?cat=weapons)

More data will be in there eventually - and you can always submit a correction via the form on each item info pop-up :)
Yes it's shaper and more eye relaxing than the ems.ru version, great job!

QuantumDelta
02-11-04, 02:57
PDF is the king of shite formats.
Ain't it just, since I have nothing to lose on my install, I'll have a look to see with the .defs.

Dribble Joy
02-11-04, 03:01
I was under the assumption that opening the .defs was a serious (ie permaban) offence.
The reason what rusot suddenly dissapeared.

Maybe I am wrong?

Odin
02-11-04, 03:20
I was under the assumption that opening the .defs was a serious (ie permaban) offence.
The reason what rusot suddenly dissapeared.

Maybe I am wrong?

Correct as one person is finding out now.