PDA

View Full Version : [CbT] Eh, the drone fix didn't fix anything

superfresh
01-11-04, 02:18
FYI, drones still spontaneously combust when you launch them.

Also, my young little LE'd droner hit the cellars in central DoY with her shiny new rocket drones. I was very excited, and was blowing through all the mutant mobs causing plenty of destruction. I was having a great time. When I was done my SL was red and I lost a lot of allied faction symp. Apparently my rockets were laying waste to all the fledgeling non_LE'd noobies who were trying to scrape up some xp down there, causing total pandemonium.

Please look into these things.

Smock
01-11-04, 05:05
Bleh. I'll be lomming soon.

amfest
01-11-04, 05:45
the SL drone bug has been around for a long while. It's been known as a LE'd runner not to be too crazy with AOE drones. Even though you don't kill them if you hit them it registers that and then if they die you recieve a SL hit as it thinks you caused dmg to them. That's if you were using the rocket wardrones. Stick to the direct fire rocket drones which if I recall were the MR drones. They were always better imo as they would "home" in on the mob you target unlike the warzones which go all crazy like a regular rocket launcher. That is unless you like just having rockets fly and miss and just make explosions and shake the screen alot. I prefer to actually always hit what I'm aiming at without rick of dmging myself or my drone ;) and there is that SL bug :p

It was suppose to be fixed in nc1 but it still happens on occasions. Not all the time though maybe it's reared it's ugly head full force in NC2

superfresh
01-11-04, 08:51
I want that flying lawnmower one.

Smock
01-11-04, 13:35
FFS, fix the damn drone bug, or at least do SOMETHING.

Can't even buy LoM pills after losing my last 2 drones. Now what, going into SS4, hoping there are a few noobs and hope they left some mutie corspes for me to plunder, earning cash to be able to actually do ANYTHING at all?

Lower the damn drone prices. Forget about exploiting, we cant more out of it then we lost!

And even a theme week can't satisfy me. It won't solve anything, neither do I expect to actually help me lvl my droner.
(What is a "droner theme week" anyway? A meeting for droners where we can share tales about drones blowing up, skyrocketing, or appearing somewhere in a dark comsos, and where a KK rep tells us everything will be fixed soon, and where we are given a single use Kami drone, which won't even launch)?

Since I don't believe any future patches (if any on the subject of droning) give us a chance to redistribute all of our skill points at no cost in money or time. Although I think rolling a new char instead will be the only option, faster and cheaper than waiting for a solution. (At least a new char gets some starter cash, which is at least something).

It's ridiculous that droners are left in the cold with one patch that did nothing after which, no action on the subject of droners can be expected. (Nothing that would actually help).

kurai
01-11-04, 13:40
stuff

Self edit for reasons of non-bannage: Just calm the fuck down and go do something else for a while. Reading the stickies about what a Theme Week is and what it will be addressing, and when it starts might be a good beginning.

Smock
01-11-04, 14:05
Just calm the fuck down and go do something else for a while.

Ummm. Like what? Doing boring bugged epics? PvPing in DoY's Neofrag?
Need to lvl the little bugger. I happen to like droning and when it get's boring, I want to LoM him to CST so I'd be able to get my stuff CSTed instead of using store bought crap. So my only problem would be finding a decent resser instead of both a decent resser AND CSTer, which might take me several hours (Or even days). Nearly a necessity to get anything done in Alt-O-Cron.

A whole class is rendered as useless as a tank taking the role of a PPU protecting 0/2 unarmoured spies in a cave run. O_o

I wonder what I'm ranting about. I mean, we did get a patch (yay). We'll get a drone week. (yay).
Did/will it solve our problems? No. Are any other (simple) actions taken to ease our pain? No... Have i got a reason to be mad about it?

(Don't tell ppl not to be angry when they have all rights to be angry. If you don't care about my problems, don't post. If you have the urge to dismiss other ppls problems as irrelevant, go find a job in customer relatiosnships ar at a helpdesk of a government institution.
I wonder how many rants were vented here on the forums if suddenly tanks would do as much damage as a 0/2 melee spy. Try telling them to shut up and watch as suddenly a crowd, armed with pitchforks and torches would assemble on your doorstep. Cuz everybody "loves" someone telling them their problem is irrelevant).

Selendor
01-11-04, 14:09
Perhaps they could lower the price of drones to really low levels until the bugs are all sorted?

Smock
01-11-04, 14:18
That's what I've been posting in nearly every drone thread recently, although initially suggested by someone else. Alas, no info at all wether KK know abt the suggestion, let alone even considers it. My guess, they don't know, nor care and let us wait for a HELPFUL solution till hell freezes over or the pope decides to become muslim.

kurai
01-11-04, 15:22
*sigh*

(I just know I'll regret doing this, but I find myself drawn to explain to the [self edit] little [self edit] why his [self edit] post was so [self edit] [self edit])

You finally get a concrete confirmation that there will be a concerted and concentrated developer effort to sort out drone problems.

But rather than be glad you thought you'd just have a few more self-pitying [self edit] whines instead and, just to make absolutely sure everybody knew exactly how hard done by you were, you helpfully informed us that having a Droner Week will do nothing, and that there will be no action on anything and it won't solve your problems.

And then you ask what exactly a Droner Week is anyway.

The "rollseyes" smiley doesn't even *begin* to cover it.

I know drones are broken. Hell - *everyone* knows they are broken. You [self edit] tell us often enough.
Did it not occur to you to perhaps NOT PLAY A DRONER for a while ?

A handy comparison for the hard of thinking:-
If you had a favourite wineglass that got broken one day would you dementedly keep stabbing yourself in the mouth with it in the futile hope that perhaps it wasn't really broken at all ?

Wisdom of Ceres runs are broken right now.
I know this. Many people have said so.
You don't find me endlessly down in the Ceres labs futilely handing over million after million after million after million and then come frothing at the mouth to the forum because the same thing failed to work FORTY SEVEN TIMES IN A ROW FIX IT KK 1!1 FIX IT KK 1!1 FIX IT KK 1!1

Aaanyway - enough of this. I was bored and irritated and got carried away.

I shall summarise it as "Droners in general dont annoy me. *You* annoy me, Smock"

Nidhogg
01-11-04, 16:02
Smock, quit trolling. If you really have read what theme weeks are all about you will no doubt have seen:
Internally, all departments (if possible) will work on the week’s theme. This means bug fixing as well as developing and implementing new content. If you didn't know that then I suggest that you go read the stickies a little more closely before contributing any further.

N

Xeno LARD
01-11-04, 16:19
This is the point in theme weeks.

If you can't use your droner, play someone else until it's finished. I have and my PE has a /33 rank after 2 days of levelling.

superfresh
01-11-04, 16:27
The Theme Week thing looks kind of reassuring.

This can be closed if a mod so desires.

Xeno LARD
01-11-04, 16:31
I'm sure they'll be happy they have your permission. :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
01-11-04, 16:32
Xeno LARD, any thread starter may request that his or her thread be closed. Closed by thread starter.

N