PDA

View Full Version : First Paladin in NC2/Terra

BlackDove
01-11-04, 01:12
Well jee, looks like it's me.

Here it is.

http://smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/scriptblackdove/firstpaladin.jpg

Man, that was tiring. I'm gonna go get some sleep. Sheesh.

I'll post the "Special Thanks To:" tommorow, I'm too tired to remember names.

I'll mention one thing tho. This was done in Honor of QuantumDelta - the dumbass you have all probably heard of. He sucks a lot of ass, but I haven't met a better NC player in all around knowledge than him.

That's it. I'm out. See ya later

It'd be so great of KK to do a rollback tommorow btw.

Maester Seymour
01-11-04, 01:18
woot ya did it :D

Shame ya don't have a special paladin title tho :p

BlackDove
01-11-04, 01:19
I don't give a shit about a title.

a) Good to know I did it

b) Good to know I hopefully did it first (didn't see other threads about this before mine - therefore I am the first, unless you can provide a thread/post with a timestamp and a screenshot)

inforMation
01-11-04, 01:20
you don't get a paladin title?

/edit then to me no point in doing it

Ascension
01-11-04, 01:30
Well im impressed you did it what with all the NPC bugs etc.. Gratz.. ;)

amfest
01-11-04, 01:32
Congraulations, you're the biggest backstabbing traitor on the whole NC server.

;)

Paladin is the wrong choice of word for someone who completes all the epics .. lol. Should be something that means Fickle traitor.

(I'm in no way saying you're personally a backstabbing traitor. Just in the fact that you have to betray each faction by jumping from one to another and then finally even switching city sides to complete them all.)

Selendor
01-11-04, 01:35
Yeah congrats, thats more effort than I could ever muster, I hope you get rewarded in some way more than a screenie on this forum, but as amfest says its not really paladin material, more of a Chameleon - perhaps you could get a multicolored armour to wear or something.

QuantumDelta
01-11-04, 01:46
Congraulations, you're the biggest backstabbing traitor on the whole NC server.

;)

Paladin is the wrong choice of word for someone who completes all the epics .. lol. Should be something that means Fickle traitor.

(I'm in no way saying you're personally a backstabbing traitor. Just in the fact that you have to betray each faction by jumping from one to another and then finally even switching city sides to complete them all.)
Narrow Minded.

Xadhoom
01-11-04, 01:50
your not the first. saw the first paladin 1 1/2 weeks ago. sorry dude

QuantumDelta
01-11-04, 01:52
your not the first. saw the first paladin 1 1/2 weeks ago. sorry dude
You don't get a "Paladin" Title.
People with those titles were exploiting a bug in clan titles.

Ascension
01-11-04, 01:54

That bug rocked.. wish they kept it tbh, added more customisation tbh.

amfest
01-11-04, 01:57
Narrow Minded.
Let's see QD. I could maybe agree with the paladin status if you didn't have to actually JOIN and then leave the faction to get into another but let's say if you were a merc and completed specially HARD missions to do the jobs of the other factions and then your reward were their epic rewards. So maybe you'd need a very high faction sympathy to do them with your own faction and some sorta credentials of your work prior to the epic try. Then it would take 5 times longer than a normal epic and would require no killing of other faction players. So you've gained the trust of that faction without killing faction members so it was kept a secret on what you did on helping that faction out. So if you do missions like this for all factions then you'd be able to reach a certain reliable level for all factions to trust you to get the job done. Though I still wouldn't call it paladin it'd be closer to what you can do now >_>

Xadhoom
01-11-04, 02:04

no, I meant that I met somebody who already made all epics. not that he had the second clanrank or sumthing.

Selendor
01-11-04, 02:07
Like I said, Chameleon :) I vote they give you that as a title.

QuantumDelta
01-11-04, 02:10
That bug rocked.. wish they kept it tbh, added more customisation tbh.

I quite agree as long as it wasn't exploitable (really only in regards to paladin ...so just ban the word Oo)

Let's see QD. I could maybe agree with the paladin status if you didn't have to actually JOIN and then leave the faction to get into another but let's say if you were a merc and completed specially HARD missions to do the jobs of the other factions and then your reward were their epic rewards. So maybe you'd need a very high faction sympathy to do them with your own faction and some sorta credentials of your work prior to the epic try. Then it would take 5 times longer than a normal epic and would require no killing of other faction players. So you've gained the trust of that faction without killing faction members so it was kept a secret on what you did on helping that faction out. So if you do missions like this for all factions then you'd be able to reach a certain reliable level for all factions to trust you to get the job done. Though I still wouldn't call it paladin it'd be closer to what you can do now >_>

It's the unfortunate nature of the epic missions and the way it was implemented that I argued with, although there were obvious tints towards the epics in terms of faction bias, which is a nice thing to see, if you do them all you are much more knowledgable about the backgrounds of each faction, and get a little extra outta the game, in at least that regard.

However I always did and Always will, see a "Paladin"(Unfortunate title too), as a great peacemaker, a helper, and a wanderer, who is basically Chaotic Good.
Paladin's by name are Lawful Good and are generally stuck to one side.
There's a story in an anime about a "Free Knight" who is often refered to as a Paladin called Parn.
That Free Knight basically helps save the world by uniting two factions and making a third hesistate/stop - then finishing off a 'head blokey' bent on nothing but freeing the God of Destruction.

Not gonna happen in a Neocron world maybe, but again I have given examples in the past;
A "Paladin" would be the type of character that, if MB had been hired to counter a nuclear strike that NC made on the Dome by launching at NC, basically equalling the annihiliation of everyone in the Dome and in NC, the Paladin would attempt to stop NC from launching, as much for their own sakes, as for the Domes.

If the stakes were anything similar to that, where there would be pointless loss of life, the Paladin would be the type of person to stop it.

If people were fighting an impossible fight out in the street ....say 2 ppus and 2 apus vs 1 pe, a Paladin would jump in to try to help even if he dies, regardless of Affiliation with current faction.

That sorta person.
The one above the petty concerns and moderations of the worthless factions of Neocron.
Above the Laws set down by the fools that run the world they live in.

Ones head strong enough to make others see futility when there are better objectives out there.

___T-X____
01-11-04, 02:12
I know some people about to finish but you just pipped them to it.

Well done.

g.

BlackDove
01-11-04, 02:22
no, I meant that I met somebody who already made all epics. not that he had the second clanrank or sumthing.

That's... vague.

And completely inadmissable by me. Not that I'm living in denial, but people do lie.

If you want to prove me wrong - point me to a post with a screenshot that has the timestamp earlier than mine.

Otherwise, everything else is simply inadmissable.

And thx T-X - you're one of the people that'll be mentioned in the "Thanks to:"

Just too tired to do something I'm worst at: Remembering names.

bounty
01-11-04, 02:35
LOL, i've been playing this game 2 years and only have compeleted one epic, the PP one. And i did it once, and never cared to do another one. So, hats off to ya mate.

jernau
01-11-04, 02:50
Nice one.

I know at least one person who did it in NC1 though. Obviously not with the final ERs but it was probably harder that way.

I'd have thought a lot more people would have done it by now if there were any point :(.

Clownst0pper
01-11-04, 03:06
I did it on Ikari in NC 1, waist of time.

You get nothing but being called a cock faction hopper.

w00 yay, worth it. GG

SorkZmok
01-11-04, 03:10
Well im impressed you did it what with all the NPC bugs etc.. Gratz.. ;)Haha yeah, what Ascention said.

I only finished 3 epics so far. I hate em. And still i gotta do 6 more till all my chars are set. :(

Clownst0pper
01-11-04, 03:11
Haha yeah, what Ascention said.

I only finished 3 epics so far. I hate em. And still i gotta do 6 more till all my chars are set. :(

You poor bastard, lol :lol: :(

Sorin
01-11-04, 03:32
Haha yeah, what Ascention said.

They're kind of a pain to do sometimes, but I honestly don't mind doing them repeatedly........except for the pk part. God I can't stand that part.

Me: I'm LE.
Anyone: Fuck you. KTHXBYE DEEL WIF It.
Anyone: sorry caps.

Anyways, nice going BD. That cost at least 3.3M nc in faction changing alone. :wtf:

Nvidia
01-11-04, 04:35
Pushing yourself to do things that many don't have the patience for: http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon14.gif (The win tbh)

Coming to the forums to brag with an elitist, protective, "If you can't prove it, fuck off." attitude: http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon13.gif (Not the win tbh)

[EDIT] If anyone thinks what I said is wrong, go back and read his thread title, and all of his replies, and then tell me I'm still wrong.

amfest
01-11-04, 05:39
There's a story in an anime about a "Free Knight" who is often refered to as a Paladin called Parn.
That Free Knight basically helps save the world by uniting two factions and making a third hesistate/stop - then finishing off a 'head blokey' bent on nothing but freeing the God of Destruction.

w00t!!

*hugs his Record of the Lodoss War ova and tv dvds*

well that's what I don't agree with is the mindless killing of another factions member and then later receiving the so called title of paladin later even though you've gone and killed another faction's member mindlessly. They should just rethink the name that was stated. In fact I believe that anyone who completes all factions should have to END up in the Mercs as they've proven themselves a True Mercenary. Last epic they should have to do is the Mercs epic to achieve a Commando status or something and in a funny way that's where the camo PA should be. If you complete neocron and DOY then you'd be able to do a special mercs epic that will give you the true mercenary status and you'd recieve a camo version of your particular classes PA. In the monk's case it should be a sorta robe with a cowl of some sort that actually exposes the face some under it. The robe should be open to actually expose the clothes underneath maybe.

jini
01-11-04, 07:07
That's... vague.

And completely inadmissable by me. Not that I'm living in denial, but people do lie.

If you want to prove me wrong - point me to a post with a screenshot that has the timestamp earlier than mine.

Otherwise, everything else is simply inadmissable.

And thx T-X - you're one of the people that'll be mentioned in the "Thanks to:"

Just too tired to do something I'm worst at: Remembering names.

Then if that's the case, prove us that you didn't photoshoped the whole thing, place those proofs in a post in those forums for a timestamp and then we can officially claim you are a "Paladin"
edit: Also, would you be kind enough to show us the dogtags of the ER kills?

Liebestoter
01-11-04, 08:02
Damn, gg BlackDove.

I don't have the attention span or willpower to do more than two epics.

Maybe.. MAYBE I'll do the CS one so I can charge people up the ass for the glove. But it's not likely.

BREATH TAX.

dem0n
01-11-04, 09:06
Well I think this is going to sound dissapointing... but your not the first paladin. I am!!!!!!111111

Congrats for the epics, to bad you don't have the sig.

MaGn0lia
01-11-04, 09:33
Congrats BlacDove. You did a fine job, and I don't care about the faction hopping, the way things are right now, I don't give a fuck about faction politics.

Now let's lobby for 1 slot int server and do the damn thing again :D

jnky
01-11-04, 09:38
GG BlackDove... :D
More then Im willing to do, though I dont get the playtime most runners do.
Cant waste time doing all the epics when I can only play about 8 hours a week :(

Opar
01-11-04, 09:40
Pushing yourself to do things that many don't have the patience for: http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon14.gif (The win tbh)

Coming to the forums to brag with an elitist, protective, "If you can't prove it, fuck off." attitude: http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon13.gif (Not the win tbh)

What he said.

kurai
01-11-04, 10:06
I don't give a shit about a title.Firstly - Congratulations :D

I'm nearly there myself.

As far as title ... I'd be quite happy with "Utter Bastard" instead of `Paladin` :angel:

It seems to fit the nature of the treacherous path much better.

HTEC9900
01-11-04, 10:34
Congrats!

amfest
01-11-04, 10:50
Firstly - Congratulations :D

I'm nearly there myself.

As far as title ... I'd be quite happy with "Utter Bastard" instead of `Paladin` :angel:

It seems to fit the nature of the treacherous path much better.
Wow your title is better than my Mercenary title :(

Back to the drawing board!!

ch0ppy
01-11-04, 10:54
I did it a few days back too.
When i get bored of lvl'ing my chars or fighting i log my monk and did
some epics, now im trying to get back to CA, so i can bring the P.A.I.N :)

..i..DemonX
01-11-04, 11:04
I don't give a shit about a title.

a) Good to know I did it

b) Good to know I hopefully did it first (didn't see other threads about this before mine - therefore I am the first, unless you can provide a thread/post with a timestamp and a screenshot)

Only cuz others not spree around in Forums not means ur 1st! As well echse did a post on the German Forum, some weeks ago. So dont feel to special pls!

See here! 16.10.2004 (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=116443) <-- the day they temp fixed the Next and DRE epics, else we would have done it about 1 week earlyer.

Crest
01-11-04, 11:09
Well done, I remember saying to TX ... Is Black Dove a friend of yours, cause he is now dead, red, and in PP3 ...

We are almost there, saying that we got to Complete FA and then its BD....

Man epics are so bugged still.

For example
TS epic tells you a lot about crazy dillian (Mission 3), all about how he outside the NC Gates and all .... Hey guess what, its not him, although everyone says, go meet him. Its some guy outside DOY entrance by TS Sector .....

Lot less epic kills for Anti City, but a lot more running around

I had to kill a CA , 10 ranks around my class... for TG epic I think....
I go into NC plaza 1.. sit there and see a CA, wham he dead, no missions accepted and whole sector looking for me (My Rank is 78/64)
4 Kills later I still not achieved the kill. This is sad as I am role playing, trying to do this right, and not paying for a kill.

I am sure there a bug in BD epic, we were TS HQ and some guy says to my friend, come and help me find DOY City Center, so he does, walks out of HQ and guy tries to whack him, friend stealths and we hunt for the guy... Eventually I take him, and go from +38 to -5 SL. DM the guy and talk some smack, he says he doing epic and needed a kill.

I respect that, and wish him luck... WTF Its my last epic and why would you have to kill a neut runner ... I suspect he needed to kill some contact

Anyways Well Done Dove, and KK lets get the epics sorted .. mebbe if you guys run through them, read the scripts and try and make them work... Cause the TS epic is the worst

Only cuz others not spree around in Forums not means ur 1st! As well echse did a post on the German Forum, some weeks ago. So dont feel to special pls!

See here! 16.10.2004 (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=116443) <-- the day they temp fixed the Next and DRE epics, else we would have done it about 1 week earlyer.

The guy is special, he spent the time, and did the epics
1) When they are bugged
2) Bugged shitless
3) and got more buggs

DemonX I dunno if you done any opf the epics, but man they take time (Except Bio which takes 45 Mins if GR open from start to fin)

He probably aint the first and wont be the last, but he has done it, and probably in the top 5% of peopl who will achieve this.... Plenty people dont have the time to do it and all ....

..i..DemonX
01-11-04, 11:16
I would like to see all Epics redone, cuz mainly all Scripts are based on the Faction System from NC1. I would like to see new Epics where the new Faction System takes his part and so on.

Its not that the Epics need to be whole new coded just PLS KK change that scripts! If u not got manpower why not recute some guys from the com? Im sure there enuff ppl that would help and are able to!

..i..DemonX
01-11-04, 11:17
DemonX I dunno if you done any opf the epics

Yes done all of them, finished same day as Echse.

Crest
01-11-04, 11:22
Yes done all of them, finished same day as Echse.
Then you know the achievement of getting through the epics, with all the bugs, the pain and heartache cause they are screwed, for that I give respect

For those who have not done any, they could comment all they want they don't know

Yes I agree the assumption of being first was a little zealous but its done and well done

jini
01-11-04, 12:20
Then you know the achievement of getting through the epics, with all the bugs, the pain and heartache cause they are screwed, for that I give respect

For those who have not done any, they could comment all they want they don't know

Yes I agree the assumption of being first was a little zealous but its done and well done
It's not the same for everyone crest. there are a lot of differences
Some have clan resources that can rely on. Others don't
Some have cash resources, while others dont and these resources are most propably from exploiting. just count the amount of cash required for clan hopping, then add the already spent cash for buying apts and such things... and more and more
Of course doing all this is really tough and i liked nvidia's comments.

Crest
01-11-04, 12:24
It's not the same for everyone crest. there are a lot of differences
Some have clan resources that can rely on. Others don't
Some have cash resources, while others dont and these resources are most propably from exploiting. just count the amount of cash required for clan hopping, then add the already spent cash for buying apts and such things... and more and more
Of course doing all this is really tough and i liked nvidia's comments.
No doubt it is hard, I have clan responsabilities too, since i head 1 clan, as for cash ... its take 1 month cause cash is a factor ... as if hoping from pro to anti ....

hence the level of respect ... we been doing epics since jump from NC1 to NC2 ... having to sell some epic items off, and repeating epic with alst for cash .... Just last night I sold my moveon, pp chip and TS epic rifle for 6 mill ... I dont care how the guy got the 6 ill as he was a level 0/2 , but I have enough to fin my epic now .....

well I do care, cause I don't like exploits either, and I assume that either he got it ligit or KK will fix cash exploits

jini
01-11-04, 12:28
So let me get this, you respect someone that you already know he most propably cheats? I would suggest paying respect to more noble ideals ;)
btw, exploiting isnt contradictory to "palladin" as by definition?

BlackDove
01-11-04, 12:42

Good enough for me. If you made a poll for it, I'd vote :p

Excuse me - can you confirm this was on Terra? Because if it isn't, it doesn't count within this context:

Thread title:
First Paladin in NC2/Terra

Special note: Other servers don't count in this thread. Especially Mercury, considering the double population in it. Do the math and calculate the factor of "easy" yourself.

However, if the guy in that German thread WAS on Terra, hats off to him. Oh, and because others dun spree on forumz 1st, DOES mean I'm first.

I'm kind of dissapointed in the fact we can't get over the NC community syndrome even in this thread. I do something as strenuous like this (wanna try pulling three epics in one day?), and then people shovel crap around semantics.

Jesus.

If you've got something negative to post, please refrain from doing so. I don't mind the "You're not first" accusations, but damn, some of the comments are just simply stupid.

Thanks to everyone who posted their congrats and positive thoughts. You guys are the great part about this game :)

"Thanks to:" coming up soon today.

Oh, and BREATH TAX

Spermy
01-11-04, 13:29
I'm only here because he made me post! :lol:

Congrats matey - Goes a little way to showing the qualiteh of the eXiles.

YAR!

:lol:

Crest
01-11-04, 14:14
So let me get this, you respect someone that you already know he most propably cheats? I would suggest paying respect to more noble ideals ;)
btw, exploiting isnt contradictory to "palladin" as by definition?

So You Know and can prove that someone is cheating. There is a lot of hot air about, this person is cheating or that person cheated.... This is as usefull as saying have a nice day. Until you can prove either that someone is cheating, or there is a exploit, then assumption mean nothing.

Go to KK and say , xyz has cheated caus ehe done epics ? Or has 6 mill cash ?

To do epics you can do ligit, and I know of no cheats to do epics.
For cash you can do ligit, and I speculate there may be ways of generating cash, starting from 150tl tools from NC1 to 2. People have cash so there could be a away (Speculate as I now know of any).

I have respec cause its not a task easly done. Takes time, and is boring, and risky ... As I said earlier, I killed Dove, cause he was red ... even though he may just be doing an epic (I had no way of knowing). Cow Man is another who claims he is doing epics, and I killed him before .... Because he was red ....

Simple Matey ... If someone is cheating let KK know, else don't accuse people as it create an impression especially with new players, that the game is unfair and biased towards cheaters / exploiters. I know of no one who cheats, and accuse no one. I also know of no Cheats / Exploits, and I may speculate to how early some people get their knowledge, I know of no inside information being passed. Those I have discovered in the past have been reported. Mebbe you should do the same ...

he most propably cheats?
Seems you not sure, and yet will try and tarnish his reputation
Do you Cheat, are you cheating and know of cheats that you not sharing or helping KK get Rid of ?
Mebbe You are the Cheat, and don't want others to find this ?
I am not accusing you but asking you, you have accused in your statement though

jini
01-11-04, 16:39
The guy is special, he spent the time, and did the epics
1) When they are bugged
2) Bugged shitless
3) and got more buggs

if the epics were bugged how did he do them? what do you think?
As for the rest of your questions,
It'a not my job to do the reporter of bugs or anything for kk, even though I have sent a couple of bug reports. If you want to do this fine go ahead and do it.

Spermy
01-11-04, 17:10
Dude - they're bugged - they're also still doable

as for the rest - it's not your job to complain cos someone beat you to it - either give him props - or butt out of the thread.

Crest
01-11-04, 17:44
It'a not my job to do the reporter of bugs or anything for kk, even though I have sent a couple of bug reports. If you want to do this fine go ahead and do it.

I said ealier, the TS Epic is bugged as hell, have to speak to crazy dillian outside NC ... but you don't ever speak to him ... Yet we managed to get this done , asked a few questions ...

Just because they are bugged does not mean they are not do able.
No one asked you to report bugs, you do this if you care enough.

What i did say is, report exploiters...these are people who find a weekness or bug, and use it to gain an unfair advantage.

By your own ommission , you have done all epics, thefore you cheated as much as anyone else who has done all epics. Mebbe you should not resort to accussing others when you have done the same

Darth Slayer
01-11-04, 17:45
[ edited ] if you find a bug report it FFS...... :mad:
How do you expect them especially with an attitude like that to fix the bugs ?
Anyways WELL DONE BLACKDOVE. Now the hardest part how the FUCK you gonna get back to Fallen Angels with that Sympathy..... :lol:

Scorpius.

Spermy
01-11-04, 18:16
[ edited ] if you find a bug report it FFS...... :mad:
How do you expect them especially with an attitude like that to fix the bugs ?
Anyways WELL DONE BLACKDOVE. Now the hardest part how the FUCK you gonna get back to Fallen Angels with that Sympathy..... :lol:

Scorpius.

:lol:

OMG procity PEEKAYAR! KOS!

evs
01-11-04, 18:58
1st one on Terra = possibly.
1st one in NC2 = not a chance.

If there was actually some kind of reward, It would be more impressive.

Instead it holds about as much meaning as saying 'omg im the 1st person to hold one of every type of mob dropped junk in my inv at once'

I.e pointless.

Didnt realise the game had become so boring for some to actually do all this.

Jesterthegreat
02-11-04, 17:24
Narrow Minded.

different opinions :p

some peeps think all epic = known by everyone, allies in all factions... some think all epics = betraided all factions (except DRE in this case :p)

besides anyone who does it just for a "palidin" title is shallow IMO :p

Crest
02-11-04, 18:16

some peeps think all epic = known by everyone, allies in all factions... some think all epics = betraided all factions (except DRE in this case :p)

There are a few rewards worth having

Speed gat, MOVEON, PP CHIP, Crahn Glove, TS Gun, FA Chip....

Possible Next vehicle, BD Drugs is you drug up

Thats more than half the factions,
Not worth it is
TG Granades, DRE Store cell, CA Armour (Unless you end up CA)

Given that, once you done the good epics, you may aswell go all the way.

There fore base don the above, and Jesters statement 'I is Shallow'

Spermy
02-11-04, 20:21
Look at it already - it doesn't even exist and people are getting on thier high horses. Exactly the reason why It doesn't need to be in there - this an RPG - not a status contest.

QuantumDelta
02-11-04, 20:27
Look at it already - it doesn't even exist and people are getting on thier high horses. Exactly the reason why It doesn't need to be in there - this an RPG - not a status contest.
Actually it's a highly competitive MMORPG where status is everything, whether you like it or not.

Whether I like it or not.

Spermy
02-11-04, 20:48
It's only competive if you're there to compete.

I ain't if I wanted to compete - I certainly wouldn't pay money to... I'd go down to me local cricket ground :)

QuantumDelta
02-11-04, 21:08
However people will judge you based on skill;
So it's competitive.
People will label you as by your choices, words, affiliations, whatever they can make up to pass the time;
So it's about status.

At least, that's what was forced on me.

Jesterthegreat
02-11-04, 21:22
There fore base don the above, and Jesters statement 'I is Shallow'

I'm shallow because i dont want to spend time doing all the epics?

or am i shallow because i think people who do it to get titles are shallow?

either way i play to have fun and running across the map for hours (because gr's closed / camped) isn't fun to me. i never said dont do it... if you wanna do it feel free... i never even said only shallow people do it, however i would consider doing it just for a title shallow.

Spermy
02-11-04, 22:58
However people will judge you based on skill;
So it's competitive.
People will label you as by your choices, words, affiliations, whatever they can make up to pass the time;
So it's about status.

At least, that's what was forced on me.

Aha!

People gauging me are competitive - I'm just a hapless victim.

True - tis about status - to them, not me - If I wanted status - I'd be powerlevelling like only an unemployed fella could, Spamming trade along with the mob - learning l33t and generally being a dickhead.

Not that I'm not being a dickhead right now in some peoples opinion.

But that's the thing - tis thier opinion, which is all bollocks anyway in a case like this.

Tis How I view it - after all - i'm the one playing on my account...

jernau
03-11-04, 01:13
If I wanted status - I'd be powerlevelling like only an unemployed fella could, Spamming trade along with the mob - learning l33t and generally being a dickhead.99% of people that do those things are forgotten the minute they leave.

This is a combat based MMORPG, you are meant to play it both with and against the other players. If you don't want to compete on some level (be it combat, wealth, "respect", power, milky ren collection, whatever) then why bother with a game like Neocron?

Not that the non-combat oriented MMOGs are much less competitive actually.

I think the title should be in for many reasons but primary amongst them is that some people want to earn it. If others don't then they needn't bother with it but if it makes even one person happier and hurts no-one then it should be included.

Glok
03-11-04, 01:20
I agree the title should be in, but not 'Paladin'... maybe 'Elite Mercenary', or something to that effect.

B.I.O.nic
03-11-04, 01:24
Sry guy but that was about one and a half week or even longer ago

Blacksword
03-11-04, 03:25
I agree the title should be in, but not 'Paladin'... maybe 'Elite Mercenary', or something to that effect.

I was actually thinking something very much like that, good thing i read through the thread this time to make sure it wasnt suggested already. an elite mercenary could be rped as fighting wherever the money is, eventually having a change of heart and finally fighting for the faction they believe in most. Palladin just doesnt seem to fit for me, sure they MAY play on both sides for the sake of keeping each other from being wiped out in the case of an unfair advantage perhaps, but it is usually for the side of good imo. some of the factions in nc, such as BD, TS, are gangs and even those like bt, tt, pp, the businesses, are not really causes, but means to an end. i dont feel that a palladin could take a stand in most of the factions, but a mercenary is a perfect fit.

Krush
03-11-04, 09:49
There should at least be some reward or something

I like the idea I read somewhere about having a place where Paladins can go only. Sort of like the jail is for bad boyz.

Maybe have a nightclub for the seasoned Merc with a GR in it etc

Maybe to even make it more special have it that a particular item etc can be bought only at this place by these ' Seasoned Merc'
that would really make it special to have done all the epics

Also something they wear that shows they have achieved it.

what that could be I don't know

Any thoughts on that anyone ?

Spermy
03-11-04, 10:11
Yar - there is an emphasis on getting one over on your opponent - but very few people are playing to enjoy - it's a game - not a life or death I MUST PWN!fest.

I just meant be that statement before that fortune seems to favour A) The stupid and B) Those who deserve it least.

What I mean is you have all these great players enhancing the experience for everyone being great people - good opponents and generally people you'd want to play online with - and then you get the complete opposites who just well - I can't really describe it really - they're antisocial - they're rude, they weasel through any loophole they can find when they hit a brick wall - they exploit...

Meh.

I don't see why these people should be rewarded - but I don't see why the people above them - SHOULDN'T. It's a tough cookie, but I'd rather not see those people who would take a mile when given an inch, put up on a pedestal.

Crest
03-11-04, 10:41
I'm shallow because i dont want to spend time doing all the epics?

or am i shallow because i think people who do it to get titles are shallow?

either way i play to have fun and running across the map for hours (because gr's closed / camped) isn't fun to me. i never said dont do it... if you wanna do it feel free... i never even said only shallow people do it, however i would consider doing it just for a title shallow.

Wait a minute, Where did I way you were shallow ? ... Read the words, not what you think they are

Your words are

I am aiming for the title, therefore you are branding me shallow.
How does anything I say transpire to you. All I made clear was, by your definition, I am shallow Heance 'ME Is Shallow' , I am not one to judge, after all I am shallow.....

But then shallow is just a word, and words without action is shallow, action without reason is shallow, and shallow s shallow

Enough said

polarbear
03-11-04, 11:23
EDIT: it was already said -_-

Spermy
03-11-04, 12:15
Okay - say you DID get a title for it - maybe Epic master or neocron master rather than paladin - that way the more... dodgy players would still get thier title - but it would be more fitting than Paladin.

Plus the stand up fellas would get the same treatment - after all you get the faction master title for each factions epic.

Seems a lot more correct than calling people paladins.

jernau
03-11-04, 12:32
Okay - say you DID get a title for it - maybe Epic master or neocron master rather than paladin - that way the more... dodgy players would still get thier title - but it would be more fitting than Paladin.

Plus the stand up fellas would get the same treatment - after all you get the faction master title for each factions epic.

Seems a lot more correct than calling people paladins.
I'm confused where you see a link between exploits and paladin status.

IME exploiters want cash, XP or items, not an RP title.

I agree the title is a bit odd but there are lots of oddities like that in-game due to it being German. The others don't really bother me and I could live with this one. If it were changed to "Elite Mercenary" or similar that would be just as good. It amazes me people would reject something like this based on it's name.:rolleyes:

Spermy
03-11-04, 13:38
I'm confused where you see a link between exploits and paladin status.

IME exploiters want cash, XP or items, not an RP title.

I agree the title is a bit odd but there are lots of oddities like that in-game due to it being German. The others don't really bother me and I could live with this one. If it were changed to "Elite Mercenary" or similar that would be just as good. It amazes me people would reject something like this based on it's name.:rolleyes:

Well see - I'm not rejecting it as such - I just don't think it deserves a special status. The reason being that a lot of people I know who have beaten epics take the cop out way (paying for epic kills - epic kill bitch accounts etc)

or are just plain weasly.

I wasn't making Paladin a synonym for weasly - just explaining that very few people would undertake it in the spirit of the task if you get meh.

That said - I'm not against rewards for it - if someone goes to the trouble they at least deserve something for perseverance - which is why I reckon an item would be better than a title.
:)

kurai
03-11-04, 20:57
A fitting, but rather cruel, title might be "OCD Sufferer" ...

I've thought to myself a couple of times during these epics, when I'm running back across 4 zones for the third time to speak to the same NPC for another thrilling 5 lines of dialogue, `Jesus - what the *hell* am I putting myself through this for`...

... but then again that title could probably be stretched to cover most MMORPG players :D

Seven
04-11-04, 05:06
Title should be "Masochist"