PDA

View Full Version : Terra character data borked?

Mr Kot
01-11-04, 00:26
Something strange has happened in the last hour or two.

After a spell hunting in the DoY tunnels, i accidently hit an unteamed player who subsequently died. Of course, i lost a little sympathy and some soullight...no problem there.

Now here's what's strange: upon checking my F6 faction screen to see what my symps are... my faction has changed to ProtoPharm! 8| Last i knew, i was Biotech and was planning on remaining there for the foreseeable future. Relogged several times, no joy. Also, a few other random items have eppeared in my gogo that do not belong to me: mainly rare H-C weapons (i'm melee) and an apartment key.

Is anybody out there missing these items? Has my character been swapped with somebody elses?

Talking to one of my clannies on vent, he has tried changing factions for epic purposes, but that isn't working either. The faction change NPC gives him money, then takes it, then gives it him again, then takes it.... and his faction doesnt change.

I submitted a help request in game.

Anyone else having faction related problems?

Hell-demon
01-11-04, 00:29
I got a wierd team bug too. After hunting with a CA (im fa) my faction symp with admin was at 0 previously it had been -8. Now its slowly growing its now 3.

So does that mean admin like me now.... :wtf:

Mr Kot
01-11-04, 00:35
No, that's normal.

Sympathies (and soullight, for that matter) that is only slightly negative will increase over time - and a fairly short time too. It will continue to rise slowly until it reaches +10 where it will stay. To raise it more than that, do missions or kill that faction's enemies. Symp and SL below -15 or so will raise much slower, and below -32 will almost seem static but is rising over periods of many days.

Tratos
01-11-04, 00:48
I wouldnt play any more untill you get an answer O_o

inforMation
01-11-04, 01:26
I wouldnt play any more untill you get an answer O_o

thats just stupid advice imo as if playing more will make his char more borked than it possibly is. Can we leave expert opinions to the experts ie kk and gm's plz

Glok
01-11-04, 01:34
thats just stupid advice imo as if playing more will make his char more borked than it possibly is. Can we leave expert opinions to the experts ie kk and gm's plzOne of the times Saturn was having problems, there was an announcement saying not to log in because it could screw up your char. It follows that the same could be true other times. IMO. :rolleyes:

Sorin
01-11-04, 01:44
thats just stupid advice imo as if playing more will make his char more borked than it possibly is. Can we leave expert opinions to the experts ie kk and gm's plz

Well, better safe than sorry when it comes to NC. Plus, if he keeps playing, and for some reason his character is rolled back, he won't have to worry about new stuff he lost that he acquired while playing and waiting for a response.

BlackDove
01-11-04, 01:45
Sounds like the perfect excuse for another rollback. Goodie.

Tratos
01-11-04, 01:49
Thank you for backing up my statement Sorin :)

inforMation, its common scene really, youd be alot more pissed off if you kept on playing and then lost loads of stuff to a rollback

Spoon
01-11-04, 02:43
You might want to try relogging about 10 to 20 times, just to see if that sorts it out.

naimex
01-11-04, 07:33

well people are hoping for a rollback, cuz of some stuff they lost..

not that I blame them, I would do the same if I lost something..

but itīs not really in the team spirit :p

-=Dredduk=-
01-11-04, 10:05
well people are hoping for a rollback, cuz of some stuff they lost..

not that I blame them, I would do the same if I lost something..

but itīs not really in the team spirit :p

I dont i spend 5 hours lvling a spy. :mad:

Maui
01-11-04, 11:55
Not a rollback :(

I spend like 10+ hours lvlin my tank or somethin :x

Crest
01-11-04, 12:08
Talking to one of my clannies on vent, he has tried changing factions for epic purposes, but that isn't working either. The faction change NPC gives him money, then takes it, then gives it him again, then takes it.... and his faction doesnt change.

This happened to me when I changed with a mission running, cancel mission it should be fine
As for other bug, dunno

BlackDove
01-11-04, 12:46
Originally said in game by one of my friends, when we were talking about the 00:00 Uranus crash:
TBH I kind of miss the regular crashes in the old days. It insured nobody tried everything in the game, and always made the game interesting while trying to get the most out of your limited time

I actually have to agree with that. This is because Neocron itself doesn't have a whole lot of content itself. I'd hate rollbacks if it was packed with content (story and otherwise), but it's kind of sad that it isn't.

There's also that way of looking at it really.

Darth Slayer
01-11-04, 17:50
Actually yes, KK have taken note that you've completed all the epics and to give you something to do are going to roll back your character to a point where you have'nt even began the epics...... :D
Just your character no one elses..... :lol:

Scorpius.

QuickFix
01-11-04, 17:53
i had this problem last week.

mail Helpdesk@neocron.com

a friendly gm will be along to switch it back after someone on helpdesk has verified that you where a member of said faction.

took about 8-10 hours for me, but it was a sunday so it under standable

-Demon-
01-11-04, 18:00
Something strange has happened in the last hour or two.

After a spell hunting in the DoY tunnels, i accidently hit an unteamed player who subsequently died. Of course, i lost a little sympathy and some soullight...no problem there.

Now here's what's strange: upon checking my F6 faction screen to see what my symps are... my faction has changed to ProtoPharm! 8| Last i knew, i was Biotech and was planning on remaining there for the foreseeable future. Relogged several times, no joy. Also, a few other random items have eppeared in my gogo that do not belong to me: mainly rare H-C weapons (i'm melee) and an apartment key.

Is anybody out there missing these items? Has my character been swapped with somebody elses?

This sometimes happened in NC1, as per other posts GM can fix it for you. Usually happens after a sync into another runners body and it sticks.

Maybe this had happened to you and with the factions the way they are now it isn't as clear that its happened unless you check.

Mr Kot
02-11-04, 17:44
OK, problem solved :)

I mailed helpdesk who replied very promptly. I was advised to leave my "spawned" items in a certain corner of my inventory for a GM to collect / wipe and my faction was changed back at the same time.

Thanks to all for your advice, and to KK helpdesk for being so prompt and efficient.

Mods can close this now, please.

Spoon
05-11-04, 13:51
I got this bug on one of my characters last night...

He got a couple of weird sync errors and ended up as City admin(has been TT for over 2 years), and now has 3 extra 2 slot rares and about a dozen other items that turned up in his gogo....

I've relogged abunch of times and those items and faction symp's seem to be permanent....

I think there are more people out there that have this bug, but don't come forward because of the free rares....