PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport?] A few things I really want to bring up

Heavyporker
31-10-04, 01:51
first week in the world of Neocron 2...

- the hackable Supply Boxes all give absolute shit (exact same stuff as wooden boxes). Please, for the love of Crahn, make the supply boxes give TL 20-50 stuff like bones, armor, weapons. Or you could put them back to what they were - armor boxes, weapon boxes, refreshment boxes (dudes... make them give six-packs at least - finding one lone bottle of bull pop just doesn't raise one's spirits), psi boxes (make them give a wider range of spells, both ppu and apu, TL 1 to TL 50 randomly).

- The datacube recipe now got worse - the Yo's prices of the parts needed to make a plain datacube is worth about 10 times than what a datacube from cryton's costs. Maybe... bear with me, KK... maybe you could make it the recipe for the HIGH CAPACITY hacknet DATACUBES? That way, people have an alternative to using FSMs for the database blueprints!

- One little tweak, a droplet of water perhaps upon the flame-war over PPUs in Neocron, how about making heal sanctums not heal the caster? So it'd be only for healing teams and such... and maybe one less arguement that PPUs are overpowered in personal defense?

- Melee drones. Dear Crahn. There's already a melee-like flying bot in Neocron in the form of mechbeetles in the Tech Haven Cores and the MB sectors. Maybe Tangent finally got off its ass and decided to capture some of these to disassemble and developed a sophisticated replica to use as a weapon.

- Labeling non-shop vendors as "smugglers" isn't really the best of ideas. Maybe you could remove that tag, and give them names, so players have a real incentive to chat with everyone that they pass? It'd certainly be properly secretive if they didn't have a giant green "SMUGGLER - GANK ME, COPS" sign over their heads.

- Seriously, KK... Stormbots shouldn't have any stun ability at all (well, unless they pistol-whip you in melee-range). They should get their feared raygun rifles back. Or, if these aren't Reeza Gazes anymore, perhaps they could have the CA rifles?

- I know this will probably be looked into in "Vehicles Week", but pleeeasse...
fix combat car and tail guns. The car is essentially unusable, and sources tell me that the tail gun on the trikes broke again.

- It makes sense that wooden boxes have splinters of wood break off, so you'd find wood in wooden boxes. But in steel boxes? Come on, at least make it so that steel boxes never drop wood, and substitute in metalplates. Oh, and those cardboard boxes should drop paper. (more on paper later)

- Can we players buy "tent properties" out in the wastelands? I'm saying like, a tiny one-room space. They'd only be buyable and usable at the encampments - the Anarchy Breed Camps like at Krupp and Tyron, and around the Villages (Sherman Bay, Crest Village, Point Red, El Farid Village, and Educador). This would be a HUGE LEAP forward for Neocron... viable non-city living! The "tents" would not be able to have gogos or grs in them, but you could buy cardboard boxes and safes for them, along with furniture, so you could have a secret getaway and such. It'd make being an outlaw (anarchy breed or red-sl player) much easier if you have SOMEPLACE to hole up.

- Can there be a recycle recipe for wood planks (8x wood) so there's some more options in that front, especially if you want to sell something to Yo's or the furniture shops for some quick cash. Oh, and a paper recipe (think of it as a 64-character limit recordable datadisc-like object) that uses wood!

Well, that's all I can think of now. Back to my other work. (I'm so sorry for being late)

MkVenner
31-10-04, 01:59
all good, nothing i think's a bad idea....

Dribble Joy
31-10-04, 02:05
- Seriously, KK... Stormbots shouldn't have any stun ability at all (well, unless they pistol-whip you in melee-range). They should get their feared raygun rifles back. Or, if these aren't Reeza Gazes anymore, perhaps they could have the CA rifles?
People want defenders to have an advantage. But people don't want the guards to do the killing/dmg.
Thus the freezer guards.

Jesterthegreat
31-10-04, 02:08
first week in the world of Neocron 2...

- the hackable Supply Boxes all give absolute shit (exact same stuff as wooden boxes). Please, for the love of Crahn, make the supply boxes give TL 20-50 stuff like bones, armor, weapons. Or you could put them back to what they were - armor boxes, weapon boxes, refreshment boxes (dudes... make them give six-packs at least - finding one lone bottle of bull pop just doesn't raise one's spirits), psi boxes (make them give a wider range of spells, both ppu and apu, TL 1 to TL 50 randomly). i swear this was resolved in beta... i remember Xantor saying boxed had decent things in now... i guess they removed it again? :(

- The datacube recipe now got worse - the Yo's prices of the parts needed to make a plain datacube is worth about 10 times than what a datacube from cryton's costs. Maybe... bear with me, KK... maybe you could make it the recipe for the HIGH CAPACITY hacknet DATACUBES? That way, people have an alternative to using FSMs for the database blueprints!
recycling is barely worth it... i lommed to 10 and use the glove to make drugs, thats all now

- One little tweak, a droplet of water perhaps upon the flame-war over PPUs in Neocron, how about making heal sanctums not heal the caster? So it'd be only for healing teams and such... and maybe one less arguement that PPUs are overpowered in personal defense?
stop heal sanc's stacking with heals if thats the route you wanna go (no other basic / sanc's stack...)

- Melee drones. Dear Crahn. There's already a melee-like flying bot in Neocron in the form of mechbeetles in the Tech Haven Cores and the MB sectors. Maybe Tangent finally got off its ass and decided to capture some of these to disassemble and developed a sophisticated replica to use as a weapon. extremely expensive and delicate electronics... used to ram / crash into people as much as possible... :rolleyes:

- Labeling non-shop vendors as "smugglers" isn't really the best of ideas. Maybe you could remove that tag, and give them names, so players have a real incentive to chat with everyone that they pass? It'd certainly be properly secretive if they didn't have a giant green "SMUGGLER - GANK ME, COPS" sign over their heads. enough people bitch about not finding items - leave the titles as it is

all copbots / stormbots / screaming horse's have the shitty no damage, lots of para things... makes people actually have to defend their city as apposed to leaving the enemy to the guards.

- I know this will probably be looked into in "Vehicles Week", but pleeeasse...
fix combat car and tail guns. The car is essentially unusable, and sources tell me that the tail gun on the trikes broke again.
not something i use so ill take your word for it

- It makes sense that wooden boxes have splinters of wood break off, so you'd find wood in wooden boxes. But in steel boxes? Come on, at least make it so that steel boxes never drop wood, and substitute in metalplates. Oh, and those cardboard boxes should drop paper. (more on paper later)
the loot system / loot in containers sucks in general IMO...

- Can we players buy "tent properties" out in the wastelands? I'm saying like, a tiny one-room space. They'd only be buyable and usable at the encampments - the Anarchy Breed Camps like at Krupp and Tyron, and around the Villages (Sherman Bay, Crest Village, Point Red, El Farid Village, and Educador). This would be a HUGE LEAP forward for Neocron... viable non-city living! The "tents" would not be able to have gogos or grs in them, but you could buy cardboard boxes and safes for them, along with furniture, so you could have a secret getaway and such. It'd make being an outlaw (anarchy breed or red-sl player) much easier if you have SOMEPLACE to hole up.
fill up the world map like on UO? no thanks. besides this makes zone whoring even easier (or if you dont "zone" into the tent it makes certain zones full of much more data)

- Can there be a recycle recipe for wood planks (8x wood) so there's some more options in that front, especially if you want to sell something to Yo's or the furniture shops for some quick cash. Oh, and a paper recipe (think of it as a 64-character limit recordable datadisc-like object) that uses wood!
more stuff should be able to be made from scratch imo

Well, that's all I can think of now. Back to my other work. (I'm so sorry for being late)

greets

dem0n
31-10-04, 02:26
I've also read your post in Brainport... but for you my friend we'd need "Heaypoker theme weeks" :P. Cheers.