PDA

View Full Version : MOD - neocron?

Syntax-Error
30-10-04, 21:24
hey im currently leader of a team making a half-life 2 mod. and i was thinking the other day. do you think it would be possible to re-make a neocron "LIKE" Mod. Using different names and diffrent models but keeping the concept the same. the idea wouldnt be to challange neocron simply too see how it goes. id love to work on this kinda thing and have reakktor work with us. just to see how it would be on a platform like half-life 2. it prolly wont ever happen. but its food for thought.

Oppinion?

Spermy
30-10-04, 21:34
My 2 cents from what we're learning on our project.

Games companies don't give a shit. They cater for the community but in all my experience - VERY FEW people will actually share the techniques and secrets.

Syntax-Error
30-10-04, 21:37
Well course they wont. if you had worked for years on a game and made nothing on it untill it was released would u give away any secrets? dont fool ureselves any game company is after ONE thing.. money.. its what its all about.. why they produce the games they do..

but im not asking for secrets. im not asking for anything really. but i wana know what people think and especially what KK would think.

Eye1Hoe
30-10-04, 21:40
This is already being done, though with a proper professional team. A mmorpg with a Neocron-style-ish post-apocalyptic concept that uses the same game engine as HL2, the Source engine. I'm looking forward to it. See http://www.twilightwar.com/

Syntax-Error
30-10-04, 21:42
good stuff. ill be keeping my eye out on that one two. thats 4 MMORPGs with half-life 2 engine so far :)

Ascension
30-10-04, 21:42
Yeah definalty a great idea, but dont expect any help from Reakktor ;)