PDA

View Full Version : Faction change from City/CM to DoY

kurai
30-10-04, 12:26
OK - it's early and I haven't had enough coffee to get my brain into gear, but I seem to have painted myself into a corner.

While I have the free time I thought I might as well do all the epics ... so far I have done all the Pro-City and City Mercs.

The result is that I now have -95 or so sympathy in all the DoY factions, and CM are neutral to everyone except TG.

So - now I need to move to a DoY faction.

Unless my mind is just being sluggish doesn't this mean that I'm going to utterly black-hole my soul-light by killing pro-city runners to raise DoY symps, or that I'm going to have to do a truly unfeasable number of very easy `rat run` missions ?

BRANE HERTZ ! Help meh ! :confused:

Edit: I've searched the forum because I know I've seen this issue raised before, but it's keyword hell - just too many results from `faction` `change` `switch` `city` `cm` `doy` `sympathy` etc to be able to find anything relevant/useful

*Dazz*
30-10-04, 12:29
Don't think you can run any missions for a faction you have under at least like 8-10 faction symp or somethin like that....

Sorin
30-10-04, 12:31
oops. nm.

Ascension
30-10-04, 12:32
OK - it's early and I haven't had enough coffee to get my brain into gear, but I seem to have painted myself into a corner.

While I have the free time I thought I might as well do all the epics ... so far I have done all the Pro-City and City Mercs.

The result is that I now have -95 or so sympathy in all the DoY factions, and CM are neutral to everyone except TG.

So - now I need to move to a DoY faction.

Unless my mind is just being sluggish doesn't this mean that I'm going to utterly black-hole my soul-light by killing pro-city runners to raise DoY symps, or that I'm going to have to do a truly unfeasable number of very easy `rat run` missions ?

BRANE HERTZ ! Help meh ! :confused:

Edit: I've searched the forum because I know I've sen this issue raised before, but it's keyword hell - just too many results from `faction` `change` `switch` `city` `cm` `doy` `sympathy` etc to be able to find anything relevant/useful

Join System Shock mate, cos well.. your f**ked to put it bluntly ;)

-Demon-
30-10-04, 12:33
Well you don't mention your City faction symps, but if you swapped back to one of those and killed a CM then you could get up your TG symp without too much sl loss...well from what I read on this forum.

Maybe kill a few then a mission?

There was meant to be a turning to the anti-city mission but as far as I am aware this is bugged at the moment, the mobs you need to kill and the items you collect from them are in but the script is not :/

I heard that the crahn guy at point red offers you to join crahn no idea if this is true or not tho and no idea what you would need...i guess 50 symp anyway which doesnt help you.

Once you have enough symp its a case of getting to the faction hq of the day :P But as you a spy I would say its quite an easy task compared to getting the symp :)

^^ LoL ignore asc...the power gone to his head a bit :lol: city scum

kurai
30-10-04, 12:33
Don't think you can run any missions for a faction you have under at least like 8-10 faction symp or somethin like that....Yep - so I'm going to have to kill some people whatever happens to get to that start point.

I can't see a way to do that currently without ending up with -100 SL and a screwed character.

kurai
30-10-04, 12:38
Well you don't mention your City faction symps, but if you swapped back to one of those and killed a CM then you could get up your TG symp without too much sl loss...well from what I read on this forum.Hrmmm - surely killing a neutral CM as a pro-city will screw SL too ?

(same situation as I am in now, but I've spent another 300k on top ;) )

Pro city symps are all high positives btw

-Demon-
30-10-04, 12:43
Hrmmm - surely killing a neutral CM as a pro-city will screw SL too ?

(same situation as I am in now, but I've spent another 300k on top ;) )

Pro city symps are all high positives btw

Hmm it's hard mate...I would try the kill and see much you gain(symp) and lose (sl) and see if you can take the hit, but doubt this very much...

Missions are out of the question cuz of your symps now...darn it they need to fix that city change mission really eh?

I'll have a screw around and see if I can figure anything out.

Ascension
30-10-04, 12:45
Join System Shock mate, cos well.. your f**ked to put it bluntly ;)

Well, until they fix the 'turn-coat' Faction changer ;)

kurai
30-10-04, 12:59
One possible solution just occured to me...

You lose sympathy in your current faction when you leave a clan.

If I can find an accomodating CM clan leader to enrol and kick me a few times perhaps that will lower my CM symp sufficiently to get TG to at least +8, and put me in range of missions ?

Ascension
30-10-04, 13:02
Last I check Kurai, you only lose symp with your faction, you do not gain with other :(

kurai
30-10-04, 13:18
Last I check Kurai, you only lose symp with your faction, you do not gain with other :(Really ?

I thought that with NC2 the system had been changed a bit, so that you only had a finite amount of sympathy points to spread around, and that gaining in one area meant losing in another.

If that's not the case, then it's back to the (still blank) drawing board :(

Glok
30-10-04, 13:33
The system was changed, but there is not a fixed amount of sympathy points. Missions and PvP work that way, but the natural slow rise of factions is still there. A few days ago, my trader had +10 in all hostile factions, then I ran a ton of construct missions for 90 symp and to cap psi, all hostiles were negative again. Now they are all at +10 again, but I haven't lost any allied symp.

dem0n
30-10-04, 14:05
I think you don't loose SL for destorying your faction DBs. Might be good to go back to pro city and destroy some DBs :D.

kurai
30-10-04, 16:15
I think you don't loose SL for destorying your faction DBs. Might be good to go back to pro city and destroy some DBs :D.
DB's as in the hacknet thingies ?

BlackDove
30-10-04, 16:19
You've pushed yourself in a corner. If you went DoY>CM>City it works. It doesn't work the other way around. Why?

I'm assuming that last slot in the factions list (the unused one) was meant for Anarchy Breed. They were I assume supposed to be the opposite of City Mercs in the "Neutral" department, with just City Admin as their enemy (since TG is the main enemy of CM).

But since Anarchy's position in this game is fucked - good luck with that.

-Demon-
30-10-04, 20:11
Ok I'm starting a new thread mainly about this and the mission that is supposed to work to get you into DoY from Anti-city.

Agent L
31-10-04, 00:39
well, all can I say is : getting -95 doy symp when you KNEW you'll want to go doy was just... stupid.

Crahn missions are still on pro-city mobs, like rats and aggies, so it's uber easy to get crahn from 10 to 50 if you're CM.

The closed system is not so tightly closed:
- by killing faction NPC you loose his and alied faction symp, but gain nothing. So I doubt killing hacknet mobs will help anything except gaining -95 to all factions.
- by pvp you loose much more than you gain.
- by missions you gain much and loose only a bit.
- natural regen looks like only aspect where system is really closed.

all I can think about without loosing SL is to leave char afk for 3 months.

kurai
31-10-04, 03:24
well, all can I say is : getting -95 doy symp when you KNEW you'll want to go doy was just... stupid.I'd be delighted if you could suggest a way to do 6 pro-city epics and *not* get into this situation then. :rolleyes:

Aaaaaaanyway ...

Thought I'd just had a brainwave and went to faceplant a handful of Anarchy Breed ...

It achieved fuck all.

Still stuck.

*cry* :(

Are there any Pro-city NPCs that I can kill without soullight destruction ?

amfest
31-10-04, 03:46
maybe the best way to achieve it would of been .. run some missions then go idle to let your hostile symp raise .. . run some more missions ..then go idle to let your hostile symp raise .. lol. Well you don't have to idle but go do other things ..err .. You'll be done in 6 months!

Shelia
31-10-04, 03:50
Find a researcher (or do it yourself with an op, or buff/glove) and do alot of BP of res mission.
Then chainkill a Pro CA, you'll have -100SL.
But it's quite fast to gain it back with res missions, and you can do those mission in a safe zone !
Hope it'll help you.

kurai
31-10-04, 04:21
Find a researcher (or do it yourself with an op, or buff/glove) and do alot of BP of res mission.
Then chainkill a Pro CA, you'll have -100SL.
But it's quite fast to gain it back with res missions, and you can do those mission in a safe zone !
Hope it'll help you.Aha !

Best idea yet, presuming the guards in whichever safezone I end up in don't kill me on sight ;)

I think I owe you a beer (or other beverage of your choice )

Killfly
31-10-04, 04:54
Well, I'm having similar problems...

I'm currently PP and want to go FA... I did enough missions to get 52 FA symp... I finally managed to stealth my way through all the DoY sectors of the map... I finally managed to stealth my way through DoY itself to the FA HQ...

As I'm sure you can imagine, this took quite a few attempts and was bloody hard work, so you can imagine how pissed off I was when I finally got to the FA HQ only to be killed by the turrets :( :lol:

I'm not sure which guy/gal I need to talk to to change over to FA, but it seems that's irrelevant when I'm not going to be able to survive long enough in the HQ to complete the process :(

Any suggestions ?

Sorin
31-10-04, 04:55
They shot you even while stealthed?

Glok
31-10-04, 05:02
@Killfly

You have 50+ FA symp, so this one is easy, just switch to mercs and then immediately run off over to DoY and switch to FA. Unless your merc symps are screwed...

Killfly
31-10-04, 05:03
Not while stealthed no, but even using Obli I dont seem to have long enough (you can't reactivate stealth once in the HQ, so I have one 'use' to last me getting from outside HQ to NPC and complete the process)... I suppose it doesn't help that I'm not sure which NPC to talk to or where they are :)

Killfly
31-10-04, 05:04
@Killfly

You have 50+ FA symp, so this one is easy, just switch to mercs and then immediately run off over to DoY and switch to FA. Unless your merc symps are screwed...

I'll do that if I have to, but I'd assumed that because I had 52 FA symp I'd be safe in FA HQ... Doh :rolleyes:

kurai
31-10-04, 05:27
I'll do that if I have to, but I'd assumed that because I had 52 FA symp I'd be safe in FA HQ... Doh :rolleyes:
Hiring a PPU for a few mins will probably be cheaper than 300k for an extra faction change :D

Edit: Assuming you don't have your LE in, of course

LiL T
31-10-04, 05:47
As a CM that wants to go doy I would kill CM's this rasies TG symp a LOT you might have to go neg 33 sl but just put your shit in gogo and have fun killing :p

amfest
31-10-04, 06:22
Start up a DOY character and go find the NPC then you'll know ;)

Agent L
31-10-04, 11:22

Uhm, recently Lupus "tweaked" res and cst missions, so the BPs are now up to TL150.
You'll need shitload of TL130, 140 and 150 BPs to do very hard...

Agent L
31-10-04, 11:53
I'd be delighted if you could suggest a way to do 6 pro-city epics and *not* get into this situation then.
huh?

10-30 very easy small sewer rat missions
30-38 normal aggressor missions
38-50 hard aggressor and aggressor captain missions.

takes 1-2 hours to rise symp from 10 to 50, with most time spent at citycom clicking <NEXT> until correct missions rolls.

But question now is who are you if you don't know that? And research mission trick? And trust KK's word on "closed" system?
Bought this acc from real kurai or what? o_O

Shelia
31-10-04, 13:16
Uhm, recently Lupus "tweaked" res and cst missions, so the BPs are now up to TL150.

You can do easy or very easy mission, worked well with a friend with -32 SL.

Well, I'm having similar problems...

I'm currently PP and want to go FA... I did enough missions to get 52 FA symp... I finally managed to stealth my way through all the DoY sectors of the map... I finally managed to stealth my way through DoY itself to the FA HQ...

As I'm sure you can imagine, this took quite a few attempts and was bloody hard work, so you can imagine how pissed off I was when I finally got to the FA HQ only to be killed by the turrets

I'm not sure which guy/gal I need to talk to to change over to FA, but it seems that's irrelevant when I'm not going to be able to survive long enough in the HQ to complete the process

Any suggestions ?

A friend of mine had the same probleme, it's easy. Just kill someone of your own faction till you get banned from your faction. (you may got a red SL), then you'll have all faction allied or neutral. So you can go to FA HQ and switch to FA, then you can do some res mission to gain your SL back (and maybe some FA sympatie).

sorry for my english, i hope you understand.

Killfly
31-10-04, 16:47
I understand perfectly :)

Basically, I think I'm making things difficult for myself as I don't really want to PK just to serve my purposes... I've never been a PKer and don't really want to start just to change factions...

I think maybe hiring a PPU will work... Also, I could try creating an FA alt, but that would mean deleting one of my current characters, which I'm a little hesitant about doing...

I think that this thread, essentially, is about finding 'that way' of changing factions without having to get horrendous SL (yes, some of us actually want o keep positive SL!), or pay 300k multiple times... Where are the NPCs we can use? Where are the special runs to facilitate faction changes?

Don't get me wrong - I understand that switching sides is a big deal, and shouldn't be the easiest thing to do, but there's some pretty big obstacles to overcome the way things are set up at the moment, and I'm not sure that's right... I mean, discounting epics, how many people are actually going to want to change sides/factions that much anyway?

My reason is simple - I played pro-city all through NC1 and want a change... The glimpses I've had of DoY have been during panic-stricken stealth runs - I want to explore the new bits of the game, and because of how things are set up at the moment, a big part of the game is essentially locked out to me...

I'm sure we'll come up with a way... I think a couple more stealth runs, then PPU and then, who knows :)

kurai
31-10-04, 23:46
But question now is who are you if you don't know that? And research mission trick? And trust KK's word on "closed" system?
Bought this acc from real kurai or what? o_OO ... K. O_o

How, exactly, do you suggest I accept a mission (minimum requirement 8 FS) when I have -99 ?
That's in *all* DoY factions.

Thanks for stopping by though. :rolleyes:

kurai
31-10-04, 23:53
You can do easy or very easy mission, worked well with a friend with -32 SL.Very Easy missions raise SoulLight at the same rate as Very Hard missions.
It's Faction Sympathy that rises faster with the harder ones.

I am finally in Crahn Sect, by the way :angel:

A clanmate volunteered an allied noob for me to kill a zillion times to go from -99 to +50 Crahn symp.

I then switched to Crahn and spent an hour in the HQ rebuilding SoulLight back from -32.
(Took about 55 Very Easy TL-10 research missions [165 cubes])

Killfly
31-10-04, 23:56
Glad you finally had some luck mate :)

Koshinn
01-11-04, 00:57
Yeah, I don't think soullight goes below -32... so killing an allied noob gets you lots of symp, only -32 sl, and eventually puts you into nofaction, whihc makes it VERY easy to change to the opposite city.

kurai
01-11-04, 10:15
I did it slightly differently by killing a neutral but different faction, rather than one of my own.

You don't get kicked out of faction that way (which has been officially stated to be an exploit/offence if done deliberately).

Besides - I am a Spy so I could stealth to where I was going without excessive guard aggro. If I had to do it as another class I may have gone the No Faction route and taken the risk of KK's ire ;)

-Demon-
01-11-04, 10:36
Well done Kurai...Glad you made it to anti city :D

Koshinn
01-11-04, 10:47
Ah.. I was crahn going to city, and i thought i could kill a tg runner over and over to gain enough merc symp, hop there then hop to NEXT immediately (killing tg raises both next and merc symp), and then proceed to do launcher missions to raise SL so copbots don't shoot me and such. It turned out that I only went to -32 and was sent to no faction by accident.. to my advantage though. I don't think it's an exploit... it makes sense to me. You piss off your faction enough they kick you out, simple as that.