PDA

View Full Version : DOY [Scout/Defence] Unit MK II 110/110

Sorin
30-10-04, 10:49
One of the recent patches mentioned the addition of more DOY bots. So far I've found two of them. One is a "DOY Scout Unit MK II" and the other is a "DOY Defence Unit MK II", both are 110/110. The models are very similar to their 90/90 counter parts, except that they seem to have a lower profile. Also, they're pretty rare. I went to all of the heavily camped DOY bot areas and only found 1 of each of them.

So, has anyone else found any other new doy bots?

http://www.csun.edu/~kkb76210/Defence110a.jpg
http://www.csun.edu/~kkb76210/Defence110b.jpg
http://www.csun.edu/~kkb76210/ScoutMK2.jpg

As an aside, they seem to be a little messed up at the moment. As I mentioned in another thread, they've got hit boxes like roaches and mech turtles, and they have the same armor as the 90/90 bots (as in, I do equal damage to both the 90/90 and 110/110).

-=Dredduk=-
30-10-04, 11:47
Wonder if they drop anything rare then since they are a bit rare themselfs.

MrChumble
30-10-04, 12:25
*scratches his head*

Everyone is telling KK that DoY is too hard to get into as pro-city, and they add more DoY bots at higher rank?

Let's try some reverse psychology.

KK Para rocks, we love it. The Trike is too fast and locks on at far too long a range. The Rhino is good. Gliders don't blow up easily enough. Constructing is perfect, not at all screwed. Pro-City have all the advantages. There's too many high level caves near NC. It's too easy to get items.

Hope this works...

Tratos
30-10-04, 12:44
Hmm....Interesting.

What i wanna know, is why is there only one security bot MKII in DoY?

Ascension
30-10-04, 12:48
Why the hell cant Pro_NC have the first 3 zones out-side the city full of 'new' guards.. storm-bots are getting old.. NEW NEW NEW!

Sorin
30-10-04, 12:54
Why the hell cant Pro_NC have the first 3 zones out-side the city full of 'new' guards.. storm-bots are getting old.. NEW NEW NEW!

Yeah really. With all the parts I turned in doing construction missions, they should have an entire fleet of new storm bots. :wtf:

I think more storm bots would be good. Do they have the same nerf3d ass attack now as the Copbots and CA guards? If so, maybe it should be changed back to the old style, and saturate the grasslands with storms the same way the desert is saturated with doy bots. If I can't get within 16 square zones of DOY without being ganked by a billion doy bots on my nc characters, I shouldn't be able to get within 16 square zones of NC on my DOY characters.

Where the hell is DOY getting all this money to keep churning out new bots? I'd settle for less security in the wastelands if they'd instead spend it to clean my damn city up :mad:

Ascension
30-10-04, 12:57
Yeah the Storm-Bots do that shit para.. but you can escape from them being as theres hills etc, Anti-city can run as far as the front gates before they're any threat.. AND neocrons meant to be the more secure city? o_O

Tratos
30-10-04, 13:06
What sectors have DoY bots.....ive only found ONE sector that has them O_o

J. Folsom
30-10-04, 13:08
What sectors have DoY bots.....ive only found ONE sector that has them O_oMost of the desert areas should have them as far as I know.

Definitely at least the sectors which DoY gates in them.

Tratos
30-10-04, 13:10
Thing is with the new balance of sectors theres actualy no high level mobs (including DoY bots) in the sectors from Escador to Elfarid down to Cajun and Tristar..... except the odd sandcrawler

I find this disturbing, lol

Marshall1
30-10-04, 13:13
try the k sectors especia\lly around al farid village if you want to see mass killing machines i dont know how you say they are rare i come across them like sheep and like sheep they seem to congregate in flocks of about 10 or so and they bloody hurt lol

Spermy
30-10-04, 13:14
You've gotta be kidding me!

When I was doing the BT epic - I was going to the loba village - COuldn't get there for love nor money - Bots all over - I went under - Bots. Over. Bots, Venture warped nearby - Bots.

Even though I'm back with the angels now - I still think it's just a teeny Bit FREAKING OBSCENE at the amount of bot's DoY has.

Nerfage Plz.

Herbitt
30-10-04, 13:16
Went to loba village day before yesterday, and i saw one DoY bot lol

Tratos
30-10-04, 13:21
Stood around loba village.....not one DoY bot in the zone :lol:

Marshall1
30-10-04, 13:23
spermy must oif scraed them a way lol but there do seem to be an awful lot of them i personaly dont think its fair we should have more pro city mobs as well to balance it and the distance they shoot you from is obscene they can hit you even if you cant see them there like spider bots shoot most of the way across a zone lol

Sorin
30-10-04, 13:29
spermy must oif scraed them a way lol but there do seem to be an awful lot of them i personaly dont think its fair we should have more pro city mobs as well to balance it and the distance they shoot you from is obscene they can hit you even if you cant see them there like spider bots shoot most of the way across a zone lol

Yeah, except they're exponentially more deadly. :(

And those of you running into 1 doy bot in a zone. Consider yourselves lucky bastards. Ima hang with you guys in game. Then I can walk 2 steps through the desert without having my legs suddenly go missing out of nowhere, only to fall over dead 1 second later. The little bastards hang out in prides of 10-20 or so in certain areas of each zone, so maybe you just happen to not go by these areas? Occasionally there's the odd bot or two hanging out by themselves (which are deadly enough even then), so I dunno. Maybe you just got lucky.

Argh :mad:

MkVenner
30-10-04, 13:30
i ran in pretty much a straight line from MB to El Farid, and as soon as i hit desert there were shit loads of them, until i got to the sector south of El Farid which strangely has none....

but at one time i walked over the crest of a hill, and there was 15, no over exxagerations, 15 of the old skool bots, just sitting in a divot behind all within range, all unseeable until you get over the hill, if i had been pro city i woulda been fucked lol

phunqe
30-10-04, 13:53

Wouldn't matter really since

1. They would probably won't fight since that would ruin their makeup.
2. People can just GR in by now (many have gotten the GRs already) and the guards in side NC just throws ice cubes at you "onoz my toes froze, I think I must kill_self".

o_O

Sorin
30-10-04, 14:19
but at one time i walked over the crest of a hill, and there was 15, no over exxagerations, 15 of the old skool bots, just sitting in a divot behind all within range, all unseeable until you get over the hill, if i had been pro city i woulda been fucked lol

Yeah. Fuckers have a bad habit of congregating by the dozen or two.

See, pic 1 isn't so bad, until you see pic 2 (actually both of these pics are the same area, I just turned to face another direction). My poor nc characters.

:(

Oh yeah, and I found another new DOY bot.

DOY Artillery Unit MK II 110/110

And see the little red lights on top of it? They blink.

http://www.csun.edu/~kkb76210/artmk2.jpg
http://www.csun.edu/~kkb76210/artmk2a.jpg
http://www.csun.edu/~kkb76210/artmk2b.jpg

El Jimben
30-10-04, 14:27
Visit the sector west of loba & then you'll know about DOY bots. The other sectors around it weren't so bad but I died FIFTEEN times trying to find they guy for the BT epic. Had to get airlifted in by a DOY carrier in teh end :eek:

Tratos
30-10-04, 14:29
:lol: :lol: That looks so fucking funny, lol :lol: :lol:

I need to find and annoy one, lol

Sorin
30-10-04, 14:48
I need to find and annoy one, lol

NOT recommended.

Tratos
30-10-04, 14:55
NOT recommended.

lol, how do the fire? just like normal J5s but with more bite? im AntiNeocron so i'll be alright to go look at it :) btw this isnt fair i havnt found ANY of the new DoY bots yet :( not even the MKII scouts/defenders, also why are the artillery MKIIs? ive never seen a normal one, lol

Out of interest...the high DoY pops and new bots are on more than just Terra?

Sorin
30-10-04, 14:58
lol, how do the fire? just like normal J5s but with more bite? im AntiNeocron so i'll be alright to go look at it :) btw this isnt fair i havnt found ANY of the new DoY bots yet :( not even the MKII scouts/defenders, also why are the artillery MKIIs? ive never seen a normal one, lol

Out of interest...the high DoY pops and new bots are on more than just Terra?

I don't know, I didn't aggitate it to find out ;) But go to the sector one zone east of El Farid (J-11). Near the top left-ish part of the map you'll find around 30 doy bots. There's a few of those new ones in the lot. Last time I was there, there was one of the Artillery Bots.

Tratos
30-10-04, 15:03
Ive been, not a sausage.

Notice my location in the following screens ;)

MkVenner
30-10-04, 15:41
is it just me or do they look like speakers or subs?

i know there supposed to look like a MLRS thingy, but...hmm

Scarus
30-10-04, 15:59
As Tratos said to me, Mobile Discos.

-Scarus

Spermy
30-10-04, 16:46
Ive been, not a sausage.

Notice my location in the following screens ;)

AAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!

WHen the hell did that happen?!

I spent an entire day trying to get that epic mission done!!!

NOOOO!!!!

Tratos
30-10-04, 16:49
AAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!

WHen the hell did that happen?!

I spent an entire day trying to get that epic mission done!!!

NOOOO!!!!

-chuckles- ;)

5 mins before i posted those pics no DoY bots, ive only seen them in groups of 3 or 4 in NC2 started, and ive walked through pretty much all the desert sectors :D

Babai
30-10-04, 17:22
The only way I could get to loba village was on my spy using stealth 3 and even then got shot up at random by 1-2 units. Tried going there with my APU, no luck, was killed 3 times just zoning into those sectors.

-Demon-
30-10-04, 20:05
-chuckles- ;)

5 mins before i posted those pics no DoY bots, ive only seen them in groups of 3 or 4 in NC2 started, and ive walked through pretty much all the desert sectors :D

What server are you on Tratos, cause I got the impression from you not Terra but I could be wrong...cuz it could be server related doy bot pops.

SypH
30-10-04, 20:11
I must be lucky. I ran there from El Farid and saw plenty of Doy bots....they just happened to be nowere near me or in my path.

capt-o
30-10-04, 20:36
If your doing the BT epic i'd recommend a DOY ppu or a hovertec. The only problem with the latter is that since it's a jet propelled, flying, semi-armored vehicle, it is very easily stopped by a 3ft catus o_O which allows the bots to kill you quickly.

I was able to get to the village but on the way back i ran into one of those iron cacti. But these artillery things put a new twist on it, can these things AOE you?

StryfeX
30-10-04, 20:38
It took me four freaking tries to get to that damned village. I ended up going to Nemesis, then east once, then straight north to Syncon. Then I was able to go west to the zone.

--Stryfe

J. Folsom
30-10-04, 20:41
I was able to get to the village but on the way back i ran into one of those iron cacti. But these artillery things put a new twist on it, can these things AOE you?
No idea if they do AOE, but I did see someone get shot by one, and it gave a pretty cool mushroom cloud effect (Except in blueish white, you know, the colour the DOY bot shots have).

EDIT: Didn't see what damage it did though.

Cytaur
31-10-04, 04:52
no they just drive around blasting "Ride of the Valkyries" out loud

Tratos
31-10-04, 12:24
What server are you on Tratos, cause I got the impression from you not Terra but I could be wrong...cuz it could be server related doy bot pops.

Heh, i play Pandore :p lol

Spermy
31-10-04, 12:25
Yeah. Fuckers have a bad habit of congregating by the dozen or two.

See, pic 1 isn't so bad, until you see pic 2 (actually both of these pics are the same area, I just turned to face another direction). My poor nc characters.

:(

Oh yeah, and I found another new DOY bot.

DOY Artillery Unit MK II 110/110

And see the little red lights on top of it? They blink.

http://www.csun.edu/~kkb76210/artmk2.jpg
http://www.csun.edu/~kkb76210/artmk2a.jpg
http://www.csun.edu/~kkb76210/artmk2b.jpg

Okay -

Big speaker thingies. Check, massive flashy lights. Check. Constantly irritating and quite possibly a health hazard. Check.

Strange that - someone should write Nova on them, and paint them burberry... 8|

Cytaur
31-10-04, 14:26
it's a party machine!