PDA

View Full Version : Damn i tripped...and broke my legs

SorkZmok
30-10-04, 06:43
Ok, this happens to me way too often. You run around, jump down a small hill and instantly break your legs.
No matter how much health i got, my legs are gone then and im slow as a slug. I takes ages to heal up again and especially on an apu its impossible. Broken legs = instant death.

Please KK change the way you take dmg when falling down. Fall dmg is way too random anyway, sometimes you loose 5 health, sometimes you nearly die. And even when you only loose 5 health, your legs still are gone and you cant move anymore.

Sorin
30-10-04, 06:48
Needs to be removed altogether. They removed it in NC1, now it's back in NC2.

Bug or feature, who knows. I don't think KK have said anything officially about it. But yeah, it's fucking irritating.

Drake6k
30-10-04, 07:03
Um... I actually like it. Not being able to jump off everything makes Neocron more realistic and makes me think about my actions more. It's not hard to avoid leg breaking... Bring some medkits on your APU and dont jump off tall stuff. Problem solved.

Being able to jump 50 feet off a cliff and run full speed away is lame. In beta when I was anti-city after they added fall damage I had to think about my actions a lot more and actually use the gravlifts instead of falling a few hundred feet....

If your annoyed by small hills taking out your legs. If you would just heal your legs will come right back. It's fine.

SorkZmok
30-10-04, 07:14
Um... I actually like it. Not being able to jump off everything makes Neocron more realistic and makes me think about my actions more. It's not hard to avoid leg breaking... Bring some medkits on your APU and dont jump off tall stuff. Problem solved.

Being able to jump 50 feet off a cliff and run full speed away is lame. In beta when I was anti-city after they added fall damage I had to think about my actions a lot more and actually use the gravlifts instead of falling a few hundred feet....

If your annoyed by small hills taking out your legs. If you would just heal your legs will come right back. It's fine.I'm fine with fall damage. But the way it works is shit. It ALWAYS breaks you legs. No matter how much health you loose. Its enough to accidently slide down the side of some small hill to take out your legs. And on an APU even with medkits it takes ages to get rid of those broken legs.
Also mobs tend to aim for the legs now, when i'm caving half of the time i get shot it hits my legs. This just cant be, especially in a game where speed is pretty much everything you need.

Its not fall damage that sucks, its the leg damage thats teh shit. :)

Endar
30-10-04, 09:06
Well thats strange. Yesterday I ran from Neocron city to El Farid and I didnt once break my legs. Yes I was using a tank and yes the route I choose went over TH mountains. Maybe its because I have no reason to jump in the wastelands, neather do I have urge to climb over that highest hill of Neocron.

Seven
30-10-04, 09:13
It's a timesink and needs to be taken out.

NC2's "new content" is making players do more, over more time.

So far I haven't done anything new in NC2 other than the stuff I did in NC1, aside from NC2 being more frustrating and MUCH more time consuming.

They should be charging less per month because we haven't been given anything that would justify an increase per month let alone an "upgrade" charge.

NC2 is currently a downgrade.

And I'm not at all trying to take away the hard work and long hours put in by the team.
They busted their asses, but were directed in the wrong direction.

They need a break, holidays are coming, and NC2 is a pile..

Yay, NC2...

MaGn0lia
30-10-04, 10:49
I agree with seven, it allmost feels like now instead of casual playing, I'm playing 24/7 to get anything done and I'm sorry but I can't do that anymore, I got so much more to do than play NC, and since they took the casual play away, it doesn't offer me the same thrill anymore.

I was a nolifer some time back (thank god for that, got my chars up to the lvl that I don't have to bust my ass sitting and playing POS NC2) but now that I'm actually working all the time, I can do less and less in NC, usually I just run around and talk to people, I don't do the things that are "the things to do in neocron" if you know what I mean.

And this fall damage IS A TIMESINK! Now instead of running somewhere fast, I have to take the certain route to the place, especially in DoY which seems to be designed to be high place, and there are levels everywhere. No don't take me wrong, there are fall damages in other MMORPGs too, but they just eat your health, I think the slow down effect of leg damage should be taken away, just implement the "low armor in leg = more damage" to the legs, nothing more.

And lose the falldamage.

-Demon-
30-10-04, 11:19

If your annoyed by small hills taking out your legs. If you would just heal your legs will come right back. It's fine.

Come on...I was running down a slope...yes a slope on a ppu. I some how poped up from the slope and they slid and died.

This is not realistic at all I'm afriad as this slope was something a person in a wheelchair could of gone down...no its bugged and it kills you. and with reset points still set at high mountains as well does no favours to anyone.

You didn't read his thread very well in the fact he is a apu using med kits and leg damage is the last to heal anyway.

msdong
30-10-04, 11:28
Come on...I was running down a slope...yes a slope on a ppu. I some how poped up from the slope and they slid and died.

This is not realistic at all .....

yo you telling me that ppl with 50+ agil running as fast as a bike sould be able to jump 2m steps without having any problems?

if we talk of that we talk of no falling damage on jumps at full speed we should think about a "full stop" after that kind of stunts too.

QuakCow
30-10-04, 11:31
were all augmented to hell and back, so why shouldnt we be able to do more then a normal person could do....i mean are these bone imps just for a ppretty factor?

-Demon-
30-10-04, 11:39
yo you telling me that ppl with 50+ agil running as fast as a bike sould be able to jump 2m steps without having any problems?

if we talk of that we talk of no falling damage on jumps at full speed we should think about a "full stop" after that kind of stunts too.

I said i poped up i.e I DID NOT JUMP!!!! Certainly wasnt 2m it was a flat slope

I slid down the damn slope and died with a damn blessed heal running ...thats bugged mate.

Seven
30-10-04, 12:14
It IS borked.

Sorin
30-10-04, 12:18
were all augmented to hell and back, so why shouldnt we be able to do more then a normal person could do....i mean are these bone imps just for a ppretty factor?

FUCKIN A.

You'd think that in fighting fire breathing psychic shocking monsters with a hand held weapon powered by cold fusion, while magic yellow bubbles heal us, we'd also be able to take a big tumble with no sweat.

I can fight a giant fire breathing monster by calling a giant bolt of lightning from the sky 105 times each minute, I can destroy a giant robot with a little army knife, I can set snakes which throw their teeth at me on fire with my mind.................but with all that.......I die if I fall 20 feet.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

MrChumble
30-10-04, 12:21
If it was consistent and sensibly implemented it would be fine. But it's not, it's just as buggy and annoying as it was in NC1. Unless KK can fix it, it should be taken out. I'm sick of dying or near dying from sliding down a 3 foot slope. If my resists and buffs can stop a moonstriker rocket why do I break my legs when I bump my toe?

phunqe
30-10-04, 14:03
I don't mind the falling damage itself...
What bothers me is the lag-o-jump feature.

For example, you exit a skywalk plaza appartment and suddenly you have a lag spike; Your character moves forward, jumps up in the air (:confused: :confused:), you fall down and die.
Very nice feature indeed. I understand that the forward "action" has been registered when you lag, so when you exit the lag spike you have moved forward a bit. But what's with the jumping already?!

MkVenner
30-10-04, 14:08
yeah, i tried running from TH to Crest, and the breakage of the legs made me go insane. Theres slopes out there i (me the real guy here) could easily run down, or slide down, hell i could even go down on my arse, but my genetically engineered, power armour behemoth sprains his ankle looking at it

phunqe
30-10-04, 14:10
yeah, i tried running from TH to Crest, and the breakage of the legs made me go insane. Theres slopes out there i (me the real guy here) could easily run down, or slide down, hell i could even go down on my arse, but my genetically engineered, power armour behemoth sprains his ankle looking at it

Lag makes running around among cliffs a really bad business. If you get a lag spike you can only pray that you don't fall down.

MkVenner
30-10-04, 14:17
yeah, and another thing, there slopes out there i could get up on my dirtbike, or at least in my simple 4x4 pick up, yet i cant get up them on a 4x4 or even a tank in here, even with all the new fangled technology

ROZZER187
30-10-04, 14:38
:lol: i see the point of it making the game more real, a spy jumped from the twister entrance lastnight in pp2 to get away from me and a hc tank i was teamed with and he died :lol:

but, its stupid how random it is and how your legs always go from a spider attacking you, last time i died i was fully buffed with a ppu on my tank, i jumped from the ramp at tech haven and lost about 350 health o_O

amfest
30-10-04, 14:46
FUCKIN A.

You'd think that in fighting fire breathing psychic shocking monsters with a hand held weapon powered by cold fusion, while magic yellow bubbles heal us, we'd also be able to take a big tumble with no sweat.

I can fight a giant fire breathing monster by calling a giant bolt of lightning from the sky 105 times each minute, I can destroy a giant robot with a little army knife, I can set snakes which throw their teeth at me on fire with my mind.................but with all that.......I die if I fall 20 feet.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
There was a guy who jumped out of a plane and his parachute didn't work and he hit the ground . .bounced and lived with only some minor hurt. Same guy was in a car that flipped over several times and was fine afterwards also. He survived several other mishaps. One day walking up the steps to his front door he tripped and fell down and broke his neck and died.

Fall dmg pwns j00

Endar
30-10-04, 15:01
Falldamage is fine, quit running down those fucking TH mountains and you will be fine. What about using roads once a while? What about quitting the fucking jumping from 3th floor to 1st?

Maybe you are big ass tank with brains so poked full of implants that there are no room for brains in there, but you can still die from sliding down a mountain. Hell, try climbing up on some mountains and sliding down. Come back if you didnt die or atleast get your self into hospital.

The falling damage was fucked up in Neocron 1, people were jumping down from places they shouldnt even have got into. People were running up and down mountains like it was some fucking 50m sprint.

Now dont start to preach about realism, "Its a game!!!1!1!". It would just ruin the game again. Maybe they should tweak the sliding effect a little but not much. Broken bones is what you get from jumping around anyway, and it should stay like that.

amfest
30-10-04, 15:24
also from my understanding fall dmg was taken out from NC1 because of the bug they were having when people would sync or GR to somewhere and would spawn 100 meters in the air and fall to their death. Eventually that bug was fixed as far as I know but fall dmg was never put back in. Of course people got spoiled on the fact that they could jump around anywhere or run across anything and not die from falling. There are some things that do need to be adjusted as fall dmg was never perfect. I don't think it should be removed though. I thought it very stupid that someone could be sniping people and people woudl gather and go up the only way to climb up to their spot and the sniper could just jump off the high cliff and run. Another example was getting to a spot in an area that is very dangerous cause you can fall off if you jump wrong but it didn't matter cause you wouldn't fall to your death and if people tried to get to you it wouldn't matter either. With fall dmg in place getting to that dangerous perch can mean a whole lot more as it'll be harder for people to get to you.