PDA

View Full Version : Was patch 115 / 116 supposed to fix droning?

Miss Naughty
29-10-04, 20:27
I'm probably not the first to mention this but the last 2 patches don't seem to have made any difference to the problems with droning.

I logged in for 30 minutes to check out the patch and see if droning was any better and I lost at least 6 drones in 20 minutes (I was standing in the middle of the desert near Tescom and they all dissapeared into the brown void).

I guess I'm just gonna lom all his droning out cos I really can't be bothered with it now.

Sakletare
29-10-04, 20:33
Wait until after the drone weeks before you decide to lom, if the drones get fixed you might regret loming.

Clownst0pper
29-10-04, 20:44
Just be patient, drones are fucking incredibly deadly when they work :p

QuantumDelta
29-10-04, 20:46
Just roll another char while you wait....

Miss Naughty
29-10-04, 20:55
Yeah I reckon I might start a pistol pe while I wait for drones to be fixed.

Though I reckon I could cap a ppu by punching roaches by the time it gets fixed :D

QuantumDelta
29-10-04, 21:04
Yeah I reckon I might start a pistol pe while I wait for drones to be fixed.

Though I reckon I could cap a ppu by punching roaches by the time it gets fixed :D
lol ;)

Pistol PEs, useless without drugs, but damned fun...

Clownst0pper
29-10-04, 21:06
lol ;)

Squeezing into Inq 3 and heat 1 is nice :)

Yelly
29-10-04, 21:28
Seems that not all got problems atm with drones
Saw ppl posting on trade how much better it was.
They said they did not loose even one drone ( this was about 8 hours after patch).

Darth Slayer
30-10-04, 00:34
Well I launched first couple of drones ok apart from it now takes like 30 seconds or so to get it moving. Then Brown Box, Launch, Brown Box, Brown Box, Launch, Launch, Launch, Brown Box, Launch. I sorta gave up while I was ahead. The major Piss every Droner off bug is still there.

Scorpius.

Anna
30-10-04, 01:10
well, i droned for about an hour in el farid today, and i didnt loose a single drone, didnt see any bug or anything at all

but i hear from other ppl there are still probs indeed, maybe i was just lucky, i dunno

Smock
30-10-04, 02:42
And if they're still around. Lost 10 drones sofar, last 4 of those within 5 minutes of droning... :mad:

Quickfix: as suggested in a thread before: make all drone prices 100Nc untill it REALLY has been fixed. Shouldn't be too much trouble.

Spoon
30-10-04, 04:52
Quickfix: as suggested in a thread before: make all drone prices 100Nc untill it REALLY has been fixed. Shouldn't be too much trouble.

Sounds like a good idea....

But, there would be too many people like me, that would stockpile(abuse) the TL100+ drones for cheap....
Drones at that TL, even with just "Better" stats, are pretty lethal with a pimped out droner....

I'm going to wait a few days, before I start spending my time, gel, grease, Weaponparts and nc's building more drones to replace the ones I've lost so far...

Smock
30-10-04, 05:28
Set a limit each char can have.
Or, make them likethe CST missions... Make them temporarly items only. Selling for 2 nc and when the problems are finally fixed, they become useless.
(Tho I have a feeling we'd be buying cheap drones for a long time to come).

Anyway, droners have a right to be favoured after such a long period of uselessness/moneysinks.

Anna
30-10-04, 11:58
well, seems i was only lucky after all
yesterday worked fine for me
today i lost all my drones again
sigh

Ebonwulf
30-10-04, 14:10
My self, I lose about 10% of what I go out with compared to me scampering back for more when I get down to my last in a very quick manner. When I do lose drones, it happens almost no matter where I reposition myself. Logout/zone out, and it seems to dissipate. Considering I went from CR 7 to about 20 last night, I'd say they are fixed much better than what they were. However my wallet is about killing me from all the different drones I had to have made yesterday just to keep up with my skills. My only complaint. ;)

DoY zones seem to have a higher amount of problems for me when I tried it out there. Btw, yes, the drones are absolutely lethal. The light support I have been using runs out of ammo way before I run out of ammo. Like the war drones and all, but I have to "ski" the drone off a hill in order to make any use of it at all, as it seems to have a tendency to eat it's own rockets.

Curiousity, are Kami's anywhere as lethal in PvP? Dropping something about twice my combat rank with one seems quite wild, god forbid one of those goes off in a crowd.

//edit: Oh yeah, black box is all I get now, have yet to have the sky issue again.

Anna
30-10-04, 14:30
kami used to be great, few years ago, now theyre nothing special, unless you can detonate several at once, with multiple droners offcourse, they couldnt kill an unshielded runner

Endar
30-10-04, 15:10
The drone bug aint fixed but its much better. I was shouting "I can launch a drone!" for nearly 1 hour before I lost the damn drone.

Anyway about Kamis, I think Kami should be a drone with good area of effect. Like, you could drone one to Plaza 1 where everyone is outside Medicare and blow the damn thing up along with the runners outside medicare. It would not be realistic if one would kill a Tank in PA but if it would bring the guy in 50% health it would be fine. Also the Kami would need to be extremely fragile and quite slow, so it would take skill to guide one into Plaza 1.

Bleh, bored -> RYL suicide attempt

QuantumDelta
30-10-04, 18:14
Squeezing into Inq 3 and heat 1 is nice :)
Without drugs? Oo?

Mechanicus
30-10-04, 18:25
lol ;)

maybe your useless without drugs, but i know for a fact my undrugged PE is far superior to most peoples drug setups.

just have to learn to play him again after a year of absence ..