PDA

View Full Version : Drop Rates screwed still?

Zheo
29-10-04, 10:54
Yo folks anyone getting anything worth while from mobs? I know Warbots are dropping Tech parts again, but that seems to be about it, you cant get vehicle components, or any implants out of em, it makes hunting for cash alot less appealing or is it just me having this problem? I kinda happened about 3 months before NC1 went down and still hasnt been fixed...

Dribble Joy
29-10-04, 10:58
Mobs not dropping item parts and imp is kinda intended in NC2 afaik.

Quake
29-10-04, 14:21
Stupid imo, id like you to see more op fights with vehicles. But noone wanna pay 300k for an opfight. If you could find all the parts for the vehicles im sure it would be different.

Idola
29-10-04, 14:29
Stupid imo, id like you to see more op fights with vehicles. But noone wanna pay 300k for an opfight. If you could find all the parts for the vehicles im sure it would be different.

People wanted money sinks....

LOST
29-10-04, 14:29
unfortunately making imps and parts in faction specific places/symps means you cant just allow anyone to find them from a mob drop. It would negate the whole idea of the FSM's.

I do however agree with the drop rates...firemobs dont drop rare parts as they used too (for me anyway) but only getting random junk doesnt benefit anyone. You dont even get the random drug or low tl weapon...just god damn armour parts. i think killing a chaser on your own rank 55 should get you more than 3 A6 and 2 A7.

anyway, you'll just have to recycle junk into anything useful....if you can

Morganth
29-10-04, 15:07
unfortunately making imps and parts in faction specific places/symps means you cant just allow anyone to find them from a mob drop. It would negate the whole idea of the FSM's.

I do however agree with the drop rates...firemobs dont drop rare parts as they used too (for me anyway) but only getting random junk doesnt benefit anyone. You dont even get the random drug or low tl weapon...just god damn armour parts. i think killing a chaser on your own rank 55 should get you more than 3 A6 and 2 A7.

anyway, you'll just have to recycle junk into anything useful....if you can

The drop rate varies. I went out in a Rhino to kill fire mobs and got about 20 techs in 1hr 30mins, then another time I went out and got 3 in 2hrs. So I think there is a hidden "luck" factor that determines how decent your drops are.

Spermy
29-10-04, 15:47
I dunno why they aren't dropping stuff - especially the usual imps... could it be that implants are being reworked?

*Goes off to request implant week*

Morganth
29-10-04, 16:01
I dunno why they aren't dropping stuff - especially the usual imps... could it be that implants are being reworked?

*Goes off to request implant week*

They shouldn't drop implants as they are sold by the different FSMs. Would kinda destroy the point of FSMs if imps dropped, wouldn't it?

Seven
29-10-04, 19:17
People wanted money sinks....

Money sinks yes, as in CONTENT, not money sinks as in making it take longer to get money by adding and increasing TIMESINKS.

quickpick
29-10-04, 20:00
They shouldn't drop implants as they are sold by the different FSMs. Would kinda destroy the point of FSMs if imps dropped, wouldn't it?
Crytons sells backbone 3's now and even a 4, why shouldn't mobs drop them ?

Zheo
30-10-04, 16:22
the point is that you dont get enough cash for killing a high rank creature my tank can kill a ceres launcher on his own using AOE, and gets a mere 6350cr, thats not alot concidering the ammo used to kill them plus, if you die you have genrep fee, to get back their, implant tipping, and repairing of items,

and when I say this im 100% serious I think they should quadrouple the amount eg: 25000, for killing a 127/127 mob, because theirs nothing you can sell from monsters, and constructers can make 14000k a mission, which is bloody easy, no risk of dying, hardly any costs accept grease (which i'd say is 3k a mission) and they can chat and make a nice cuppa while they wait for their character to do all the work. Not much skill required for that,

so basicly the city pays crap for the work the runners do, when you think about it.

Spermy
30-10-04, 16:25
Welcome to the world of work - Also - on a side note - Ceres labs + teams are often a good combo - You tend to die less! :p