PDA

View Full Version : How is XP distributed in teams ?

Momo Katzius
29-10-04, 09:17
Hi mates!

I want to know something: How is the XP distributed in teams? Does everbody gets the same amount of XP? If a rigger and a monk are together, does the monk get more INT? What happens, when rigger and tank are together in a team?

I ask, because some monks believe, that they get more INT, when leveling together with a droner (rigger).

Omnituens
29-10-04, 09:24
AFAIK, the XP will go into the characters main skill, so the droner would give the monk PSI and INT xp, the monk would give the rigger DEX and INT

maybe because they have 2 similar skills the xp is different, who knows?

also combat ranks may have an effect, monks and riggers usually have higher (and matching) ranks, therefore the XP is shared more evenly.

Agent L
29-10-04, 10:52
Monks gain PSI and INT.
Spies gain INT and DEX.
Tanks gain STR and CON.
PEs gain all but CON.
It doesnt matter who did dmg, it only matters who recieves team xp.

MaGn0lia
29-10-04, 11:13
Yeah but the problem is that my PE was allmost capped (lvld with few spy friends) and then I capped his dex with two monks on my side and BAM! I went from 20 to 35 PSI in a day.

So there is difference in exp distribution, depending what class you are in team with.

QuickFix
29-10-04, 11:15
@ magnolia

ive always thought if you main stat was capped you get slightly higher EXP to you secondary stats.

could be wrog, but it would explain why you PSI exp went through the roof when you capped dex

MaGn0lia
29-10-04, 11:19
My PSI got capped before my DEX.
This was something I tought at first, but couldn't verify since CON is only thing I don't have capped and only way to level that is to take hit.

Dribble Joy
29-10-04, 11:27
Team xp gain between classes is quite complicated.
It all depends on the amount of xp a class gains, who they are teamed with and wether they can get xp from teaming.

Momo Katzius
29-10-04, 12:25
A question concerning this problem: Why does a spy get any PSI-XP when caving with monks?

I think, he should get at least a very little PSI-XP when teamed with monks.

shenten
29-10-04, 16:03
Team xp gain between classes is quite complicated.
It all depends on the amount of xp a class gains, who they are teamed with and wether they can get xp from teaming.

U mean no one really knows, even devs ? :D
:lol: :lol:
could be :p

Momo Katzius
29-10-04, 16:07
Perhaps Lupus knows that?

*cries* LUPUS....

StryfeX
29-10-04, 18:36
Ok, there are a few myths floating around in this thread. Agent L is the only one who got it right, except maybe for PEs, since I can't verify that part offhand.

Also, the amount of XP you get while in a team is dependant on how much the people in the team are making. So if you have a couple APUs barreling the hell out of the chaos caves and making mad XP, a portion of that mad xp is going to dribble down to the rest of the team.

So please, no more of this "teaming with a monk makes my PSI xp go up" rubbish please.

--Stryfe

IceStorm
29-10-04, 19:13
So there is difference in exp distribution, depending what class you are in team with.Doesn't seem like it. I capped Psi on my PE (from 29 to 35) sitting my PE in the gunner seat of a Reveler to bring his rank to 55. I then went out and killed Warbots with my Spy while teamed with my PE (two computers). I capped Psi on my PE in a couple hours, and my Spy's damage output is quite lame (168 RC, 120 Weap, and he's capped).

StryfeX
29-10-04, 19:21
Doesn't seem like it. I capped Psi on my PE (from 29 to 35) sitting my PE in the gunner seat of a Reveler to bring his rank to 55. I then went out and killed Warbots with my Spy while teamed with my PE (two computers). I capped Psi on my PE in a couple hours, and my Spy's damage output is quite lame (168 RC, 120 Weap, and he's capped).Hope you got some good tradeskills to make up for that lack of offense. My spy still has 20+ levels to go in both INT and DEX to cap and he has more than that. o_O

--Stryfe

IceStorm
29-10-04, 19:25
Hope you got some good tradeskills to make up for that lack of offense.Of course. I have a Combat Spy as well, but he's nowhere near capped yet.

Dirus
29-10-04, 21:44
Perhaps Lupus knows that?

*cries* LUPUS....

*runs away*

Afaik..

PE's gain STR, DEX, INT, PSI

Tanks gain STR CON

Spies gain INT, DEX

Monks gain PSI, INT

it's not on a one to one basis either, the different classes gain the different XP at different rates. ie. If there was a team with one of each class in it then it'd be "something" like this..

PE = 10% STR, 20% DEX, 20% INT, 10% PSI

Tank = 40% STR, 20% CON

Spy = 30% DEX, 30% INT

Monk = 40% PSI, 20% INT

As for how the % works exactly or what its based off I can't say for sure. I haven't done much work with the xp areas of the game, but more or less a PE will gain about 2x as much DEX & INT xp then they will STR or PSI while teamed, where as a monk would gain the same amount of INT xp as the PE, but 4x the amount of PSI xp.

G.0.D.
29-10-04, 21:53
lupus stfu u silly canadian