PDA

View Full Version : Regarding efficiency of basic shelter

phunqe
29-10-04, 08:26
I was wondering, how efficient is a capped basic shelter actually?

I haven't used one for a looong time now and I don't remember much of it (I don't have a PE anymore and my spies never did PSI drugs :p).

Is it clearly noticeable in battle? Or is it only enough to buy you time for just an extra shot?

Thanks.

naimex
29-10-04, 08:28
basic shelter is VERY noticeable..

even when itīs foreign cast.

phunqe
29-10-04, 08:49
Thank you.

Jesterthegreat
29-10-04, 15:14
yeah. find a mate with a PE and ask him to help test it. attack him with no shelter then with shelter. its a very noticable differance

Dribble Joy
29-10-04, 15:15
Self cast PE shelter absorbs about 32% of dmg.

giga191
29-10-04, 15:16
How much dmg % on it do you need to make it work as well as it can?

Dribble Joy
29-10-04, 15:18
If you are using Blessed def as well, you want 68 ppu, 43 mst, 43 ppw to get maximum dmg.

Morganth
29-10-04, 15:19
Gimme a shout in game and I'll help you test it. 4 bursts of a CS do around 70-80 damage to me unsheltered, whereas with shelter it does about 25-40 :lol:

Dribble Joy
29-10-04, 15:20
On, your ppu I assume.

phunqe
29-10-04, 15:27
well I don't need an exact test, just the general idea. But thanks anyway :)

Was just toying with some hybrid setups.
I've done it before, but the one thing I found failed was the heal. The basic heal is just too crappy. You must at least have a blessed heal to make it actually worth holstering you attack weapon and heal in the midst of combat. At least that's how I experienced it. On the other hand I only fought kick ass tanks heh...

Jesterthegreat
29-10-04, 15:28
heh i decided to forgoe haz / br3 / blessed def and go for the better stats on shelter and capped basic def for my low tech PE

:edit: both my tank and my PE heal mid combat... i have always found it useful if you can do it well.

Glok
29-10-04, 15:30
On an apu biased hybrid you spec for shelter or damage boost, or possibly heat/haz 1. The heal is nice to have, but it will do jack shit in a fight.

phunqe
29-10-04, 15:31
On an apu biased hybrid you spec for shelter or damage boost, or possibly heat/haz 1. The heal is nice to have, but it will do jack shit in a fight.

Precisely, hence my concerns over the basic shelter's efficiency. But I think I got the idea now. Thank you all :)

Dribble Joy
29-10-04, 15:32
well I don't need an exact test, just the general idea. But thanks anyway :)

Was just toying with some hybrid setups.
I've done it before, but the one thing I found failed was the heal. The basic heal is just too crappy. You must at least have a blessed heal to make it actually worth holstering you attack weapon and heal in the midst of combat. At least that's how I experienced it. On the other hand I only fought kick ass tanks heh...
Remember, blessed and holy defence hybrids are hewn cold from the violated bodies of the stillborn.

/edit
Heals are useful, get away from you oponent for 5-10 secs and thats a decent amount of hp back.

phunqe
29-10-04, 15:35
Remember, blessed and holy defence hybrids are hewn cold from the violated bodies of the stillborn.

/edit
Heals are useful, get away from you oponent for 5-10 secs and thats a decent amount of hp back.

Lol, I have a rather unique holy defence hybrid now, which sure does somewhat nice damage with boost on but it is like teh zZzZ o_O

Jesterthegreat
29-10-04, 15:38

or as a tank... be able to move quickly for a few secs while healing :p

as soon as i noticed you seem to take less damage (or the damage is healed partially instantly) when you have a heal running i have healed in combat, and i have never regretted it. im not the best PvPer, i still dont have a capped char, and im sure people could post here saying they have my tags... but between 65 and 77 base dex, and between 50 and 58 base con i have collected about 70 dogtags of * or ** people. i attribute this to my psi setup (nice shelter, capped def, capped heal always running), my 4 slot tsunami epic rifle (phospher, laser, scope, silencer) and alot of good advice from various people about PE setups (including you in the past i think). i dont attribute this to me being "1337" or "uber"

Dribble Joy
29-10-04, 15:42
I get annoyed when people say I am good at creating setups.

I am not.

I create shit setups. I really dunno why I give out 'advice', because it's all wrong. I must stop doing it.
People have and will continue to create better setups than me and continue to tear apart every single setup I have ever created.

Setup facts however are slightly different (Eg. max stats for optimum shelter dmg as stated on the previous page).

phunqe
29-10-04, 15:44

I am not.

I create shit setups. I really dunno why I give out 'advice', because it's all wrong. I must stop doing it.
People have and will continue to create better setups than me and continue to tear apart every single setup I have ever created.

Setup facts however are slightly different (Eg. max stats for optimum shelter dmg as stated on the previous page).

Well, if indeed you do, see it from the bright side. You can kill them more easily then :p

Jesterthegreat
29-10-04, 17:57

I am not.

at the time you gave me advice it was usefull. for example at one point you suggested BR3 instead of haz 1... and looking at the setup you currently had you were right :p

and your setup facts (like the optimum damage on shelter) is an entire stat setup which gives the best damage on a shelter... i see that as good advice personally :p