PDA

View Full Version : WB hacking issue

superfresh
29-10-04, 05:27
There clearly needs to be a fix where a successful hack of a WB opens immediately to the inventory screen. Apparently you can right click a Warbot over and over while someone is hacking it and open it when they are done. I've got some child with an LE who has been my shadow at the MB, following me around and looting WB's as soon as I've hacked them.

Please tell me its not supposed to be like this.

poop
29-10-04, 05:50
in nc1 only the first person to complete the hack could loot...then everyone else. however, the le player could be hacking before you do. you can 'overhack', meaning finish the hack in less than the full 30 seconds..so he starts hack after you are already in hack and finishes before you are done, getting loot rights before you.

Dromidas
29-10-04, 05:57
yea, people with LE tend to blatantly follow you around and attack your mobs and then try to loot all of your stuff.
It's just one of those things like 'if you buy a banana, it will look yellow'. It's not a necessity but unless it's rotton or too fresh it's going to be yellow.
Pretty much the same with people with LE's and being obnoxiously annoying.

hegemonic
29-10-04, 06:17
I'd like to see this looting changed as well. Hacked mobs should be open to only the hacker that opened it. After said hacker has opened it and closed it once, then it should be open to all. However, if said hacker does NOT open the hacked mob, then the mob should not be open to anyone.

superfresh
29-10-04, 06:48
in nc1 only the first person to complete the hack could loot...then everyone else. however, the le player could be hacking before you do. you can 'overhack', meaning finish the hack in less than the full 30 seconds..so he starts hack after you are already in hack and finishes before you are done, getting loot rights before you.

Yeah but these guys don't need ANY hack skill. I could make a CM LEd character, and at level one be following the higher level guys around and loot their crap. It's stupid.

[edit] And its not solely an LE issue. If an allied non-LE does the same thing, am I going to have to kill him/her?

MaGn0lia
29-10-04, 07:46
What is this thing about bananas I hear?

Omnituens
29-10-04, 07:55
What is this thing about bananas I hear?
What? i dont even like fish!

get another sucky tactic in NC. chances are they do exactly what they did the ol' "trade them before the grab thier belt" trick.

Ignore it :rolleyes:

Seven
29-10-04, 09:06
How come the person who does the most damage to the the WB isn't given first loot rights?

..could have been worded better, but very tired from making parts and leveling...

no rollback please

Omnituens
29-10-04, 09:19
How come the person who does the most damage to the the WB isn't given first loot rights?
they are in a way, the hack is alot easier for them, however it no longer carries over to the actual looting.

IceStorm
29-10-04, 09:22
yea, people with no LE tend to blatantly follow you around and attack your mobs and then try to loot all of your stuff...

in nc1 only the first person to complete the hack could lootNo, person who did the most damage had the easiest hack. There was no "loot block" other than the 60 second or 30 second one, but that doesn't seem to work once a Warbot's opened.
How come the person who does the most damage to the the WB isn't given first loot rights?They're given a lower hack requirement.

QuakCow
29-10-04, 09:25
well..ive never hacked anyones wb that they didnt leave for junk

and what wit all the h8 for teh LE? wheres teh <3?

Omnituens
29-10-04, 09:27
and what wit all the h8 for teh LE? wheres teh <3?
because there are some very lame tactics which verge on exploiting that use the LE.

Seven
29-10-04, 09:28
they are in a way, the hack is alot easier for them, however it no longer carries over to the actual looting.

So it's bugged then? Shouldn't be to hard to fix.

We need a proper bug list forum where we post a bug and maybe allow another 10 people to post the same bug with a slightly different experience and then have it closed.

Then have a big fixed/done sign on it when it's fixed and move onto the next.

Theme week is a step in the right direction, but it needs to be kept ontop of, clean and accurate.

If KK/10T start to work in this manner, this game will take off.

Omnituens
29-10-04, 09:32
We need a proper bug list forum where we post a bug and maybe allow another 10 people to post the same bug with a slightly different experience and then have it closed.
there is, its just hidden in the Test Server Bug area

probably due to a bug :rolleyes:

MaGn0lia
29-10-04, 11:07
LEd people who hack other peoples WBs should die a violent death by explosion and lose all their exp and drop their stuff to the ground. Just an opinion :rolleyes:

I think the hack thing is good, I can run around with my monk smoking WBs (warner brothers?) left and right, and my bitch spy runs behind me hacking all he can, sometimes, we even take 4 man group (like teletubbies) apu/ppu 2 spies. With this combo, guaranteed techs :D

[VP]Orion
29-10-04, 12:28
Another thing KK should implement is an option to allow team looting. In Asherons Call2 when you start a team you can make a few choices. Like no shared loot, rotating loot and shared loot. Im hoping KK implement something simliar here.

Why would you want that? Well, not that hard to understand. Lets say Im playing my PPU and a friend plays some kind of damagedealer. He can keep on killing why I take up all loot. Of course, I can do that already if he either open all corpses (not a good idea, he should keep killing) or if I wait the 30 secs until looting rights run out (not a good thing either since its easy to miss before it decays and also, others can loot it too then (LEs even)).

Lothar IB
29-10-04, 16:54
You guys are making it sound like only LE people ever do anything annoying when it comes to looting.

Would be nice if there was some way to track the damage, make the person who did most damage have a more easy hack and have first dibs on opening it. Then maybe secondary conditions giving team access. And someone who has not even scratched it get no chance...cept maybe right at the end before it decays away.

Or even have it locked to all but the hacker who hacks it. Think i like that option best. :)

Tratos
29-10-04, 17:00
there is, its just hidden in the Test Server Bug area

probably due to a bug :rolleyes:

The bug forum is hidden away to encourage people to use the ingame bug tracker in the '?' menu.

superfresh
29-10-04, 17:25
Again, this is not necessarily an LE issue. It's a looting issue. I have 100 hack so that's not the problem. For a while I used an LE and both LE'd and non-LE'd runners were doing the same thing, i.e., waiting until my hack was complete and then opening the WB. In some cases the player hadn't even fired a shot at the thing.

Hack rights seem to work properly. If another player has been attacking the same WB as I, and does more damage, they are given the ability to hack first (or at least more easily), in which case I'll just move on. But regardless, even if two players want to have a hack race into something, the first in should be able to immediately access the loot.

When you are done hacking it should go directly to the inventory screen.

IceStorm
29-10-04, 19:51
LEd people who hack other peoples WBs should die a violent death by explosion and lose all their exp and drop their stuff to the ground. Just an opinionAnd the same is true of non-LEs hacking MY kills. It goes both ways.
If another player has been attacking the same WB as I, and does more damage, they are given the ability to hack first (or at least more easily), in which case I'll just move on.At 100+ hack, opening a Warbot, whether or not you did the most damage, isn't difficult.

Glok
29-10-04, 19:56
Does the LE player get real close to the WB when you are fighting it? Reset position tbh. 8|

(Would that be an exploit?)

Omnituens
29-10-04, 23:22
Does the LE player get real close to the WB when you are fighting it? Reset position tbh. 8|

(Would that be an exploit?)
what and be glued to the spot for 2 minutes? i think not.

Glok
29-10-04, 23:30
what and be glued to the spot for 2 minutes? i think not.It's back up to 2 minutes again? When did that happen, it was something like 5 seconds not that many weeks ago...

Jesterthegreat
30-10-04, 16:00
Yeah but these guys don't need ANY hack skill. I could make a CM LEd character, and at level one be following the higher level guys around and loot their crap. It's stupid.

wrong.

the hacked gets loot rights when hes finished hacking. if you think he is stealing your loot then he is infact hacking it faster than you.

once hacked it is open only for you for some secs (dunno how many)

:edit: @Glok - it was 10 secs (i believe) for the beta for testing perposes. not in retail afaik