PDA

View Full Version : Buying Stuff signed by Celebs on ebay...

shodanjr_gr
28-10-04, 20:32
I wana buy a pic singed by Milla Jovovich. Found various of em on ebay. The sellers got feedback > 2000 and support paypal. THey all state the the pics are signed by Milla herself. Prices are about 30$. How would you feel about buying one? What are the chances of it not being authentic? Opinions?

Odin
28-10-04, 20:53
I wana buy a pic singed by Milla Jovovich. Found various of em on ebay. The sellers got feedback > 2000 and support paypal. THey all state the the pics are signed by Milla herself. Prices are about 30$. How would you feel about buying one? What are the chances of it not being authentic? Opinions?

Very high. I remember reading an article a couple months ago that pegged celebrity and sports fraud at about 85% on ebay.

NS_CHROME54
28-10-04, 21:25
ouch...

ebay is evil.

Mal
28-10-04, 22:56

My girlfriend collects autographs, and I would seriously not concider buying an Autograph unless it was signed to you. It's far too easy to fake them these days.

shodanjr_gr
28-10-04, 23:04
Well thats what i thought. But i couldnt resist the urge so i ordered it :P Im too much of a fanboi. Well anywayz, i hope that the rep of the seller (almost 4000 feedbacks, all positive) proves its worth. Will keep you posted :P

joran420
28-10-04, 23:09
how will u know if its fake?

shodanjr_gr
28-10-04, 23:11
I probably wont...

joran420
28-10-04, 23:13
lol yeh thats what i thought :P just the ill keep u posted i was like oh ok.....i guess if its totally blatant ull know

Mal
28-10-04, 23:15
Positive reputation just means that they sent you the item fast enough and in a good condition. Unless you're a graphologist you'd probably never know...

shodanjr_gr
28-10-04, 23:17
True. What i will do is compare the sig on the autograph with that on other autographed pics i find on the net :)

MaGn0lia
29-10-04, 11:46
I want that Art Of Warcraft book signed by Samwise Didier and Ru Weerasuria, mailed to Samwise about that, he said he'd ask from Ru to sign it too. Maybe Metzen (pfft typo) if I'm luck.

Spermy
29-10-04, 11:59
True. What i will do is compare the sig on the autograph with that on other autographed pics i find on the net :)

As will any fraudster - Tis a shame really. Best bet really is to get it signed yourself - which is nigh on impossible.

More to the point - why her?

Milla Jovovitch = Teh skunkeh.

Mal
29-10-04, 12:07
As will any fraudster - Tis a shame really. Best bet really is to get it signed yourself - which is nigh on impossible.

You have to be joking, Milla Jovovitch is a godess. I could spend all day watching her running around in 5th Element :angel:

http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/personalidades/atores/milla-jovovich/milla-jovovich03.jpg

How could you insult such an angel?!? (maybe you just don't like Russian girls?)

Spermy
29-10-04, 12:11
I prefer mine a little closer to home :)

MaGn0lia
29-10-04, 12:13
(maybe you just don't like Russian girls?)

She is Ukrainean.

Mal
29-10-04, 12:17
She is Ukrainean.

I read she was a Russian super model :)

Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Ukraine break from Russia or am I thinking of Chechnia here?

MaGn0lia
29-10-04, 12:47
Close but no cigar, alltho ukraine was part of soviet union when she was born, ukraine got independence 1991, but because soviet union doesn't egsist she is officially Ukrainean.

It is history, and sadly very complicated part of it.

shodanjr_gr
29-10-04, 13:22

You are officialy KOS (that is if i ever manage to dl nc2...)

Milla Jovovich > A L L

Most beautiful actor ever. Plus she sings quite well.

She is a G O D E S S

MaGn0lia
29-10-04, 13:25
Well you'd better KOS me too.

Penelope Cruz > Milla Jovovich

She is cuter, more beautiful, has accent that makes my knees rubber, and dare I say, she acts better (or atleast she has been in GOOD movies, which isn't the case on milla sadly).

:edit: I'm not trolling, I just think Milla hasn't had any good movies what so ever (disclaimer. this is an opinion and opinions may wary from people to people).

Milla has some good competition in that "beautiful" part, other than that, I like her.

shodanjr_gr
29-10-04, 17:50
So it ends up to north-eastern european vs latina. The immortal combat of sexyness.

I go for the first one. Milla > All. Penelope Cruz can die in hell :)

Mal
29-10-04, 18:05
Ah, it might have been "Russian born supermodel" I read then. Close either way :)

I'll stick with Milla Jovovich, but I could call Halle Berry a close second ;)

shodanjr_gr
29-10-04, 18:32
My sexyness top 4 would be
1.Milla J
2.Anjelina J
3.Kate Beckinsale
4.Kristine Kreuk

Mal
29-10-04, 18:35
I think Angelina Jolie is over-rated, but good call on Kate Beckinsale and Kristin Kreuk (note spelling of her name ;))

Pungent77
29-10-04, 18:35
Yeah she(Milla) is mad ugly, I'd rather buy some signed Pee-Wee Herman shit........but really, I wouldnt buy shit from ebay like that.....to many scammers.
try to look for authentic sites selling the shit, not auction sites

Mal
29-10-04, 18:36
That's okay, I'm sure your eyesight will return eventually :wtf:

r3yka
30-10-04, 00:13
Beyonce
*drools* woops

nobby
30-10-04, 01:11
i remember on GMTV...wasn't it Laurain Kelly that took a bite out of a Banana and signed it, put it up on ebay....reached 25 quid i think :lol:

MaGn0lia
03-11-04, 13:31
Halle Berry is ok, tho she acts allways herself, this doesn't mean that she is a bad actress. Milla J was bomb in Resident evil: apoc, tho they could have hired skanky crack whore from street to do her job, so much "acting" was going on the screen :rolleyes: Even then, the movie would have been good.

There are so much sexy honeys that I can't decide who to go with, but I am 100% that Milla isn't the top cat, hell not even one of the top cats.

mishkin
03-11-04, 13:47
http://koti.mbnet.fi/suprimo/Elisha.jpg

Elisha Cuthbert = Teh Sex :cool:

MaGn0lia
03-11-04, 13:52
^show us your boobs!

shodanjr_gr
03-11-04, 17:53
I dont really like CUthbert. Sure she looks great, but she doesnt have that quality that Milla has, which makes me so fond of her...I mean, she looks good in the classical American bimbo-ish sorta way.

MaGn0lia
04-11-04, 08:44
but she doesnt have that quality that Milla has

Yeah, I like that beaten down crack whore look too. :D j/k

But there are movies milla is great for, like in the example I gave earlier, resident evil, the movie doesn't need any flashy show queen, it needs more natural gritty and down to earth woman who can do drop kicks that can be believable.

phunqe
04-11-04, 09:12
Milla is actually very nice when she's not ruined (i.e crack hoe make-up) by the fashion companies in advertising for lip balm or whatever.

Furthermore, I hate the fashion industry. I would like to see them merge with McDonalds so I don't have to look at mutants every time I see a fashion (in general) advert.

athon
04-11-04, 10:25
How can anyone possibly compare anyone else to the devine being? (Yes, that's Milla - go see The Fifth Element you poor deprived soul)

Athon Solo

shodanjr_gr
04-11-04, 13:42
Milla is actually very nice when she's not ruined (i.e crack hoe make-up) by the fashion companies in advertising for lip balm or whatever.

Furthermore, I hate the fashion industry. I would like to see them merge with McDonalds so I don't have to look at mutants every time I see a fashion (in general) advert.

Amen brother. I can barely stand to look at her in most of L'oreals ads. But she is GOLDY in movies where she dont have 10cm of makeup on her.

@Athon

Join our ranks :P

shodanjr_gr
05-11-04, 20:03
btw, i saw The Million Dollar Hotel yesterday.

A+++++ Class movie. See it. NOW!!! That is an order!!!!!

netster
06-11-04, 16:22
OMG, teh 3vil bunneh!!!!11111111111 :eek:

giga191
07-11-04, 01:54
http://koti.mbnet.fi/suprimo/Elisha.jpg

WOW i thought i was the only one who liked her...

I thought she was fit back when I watched Popular Mechanics for Kids (http://www.pm4kids.com/)
I didn't know she was Elisha Cuthbert til I thought I recognised her in one of her recent movies and decided to search on the net.