PDA

View Full Version : Melee tank?

Glok
28-10-04, 17:09
Just to make it clear... I have never played a tank before, of any flavor. :p

But, I just rolled a melee tank, and planned him out. Attached is what I have come up with. Comments?

Yes I know the resist and health values are inaccurate.

Dribble Joy
28-10-04, 17:12
Use a bat arm, get more TRA :p.

Clownst0pper
28-10-04, 17:17
My tank.. ;)

Glok
28-10-04, 17:22
My tank.. ;)Drug whore. :p

Clownst0pper
28-10-04, 17:22
Drug whore. :p

No one can say my resists suck though on any chars :lol: and then people say I h4x... :rolleyes:

Xadhoom
28-10-04, 17:23
cool resist potion setup, koro. :lol:

Clownst0pper
28-10-04, 17:24
cool resist potion setup, koro. :lol:

Only a fire and energy if I recall, do it on all my characters..Kreoles got in the 190+'s and Kaolin almost tanklike.

Its a worthy trade off if you ask me :D

[edit] lol at Lupus on MSN @ the bottom :p

@ Glok, your setups fine, id loose the hacking and revise your resists abit, but apart from that..

here abner, look at my PE's setup..thats drug abuse (ignore psi~) :p

SorkZmok
28-10-04, 17:33
That tank setup doesnt really need resist poitons, with a different armor and a tad less poison its just fine and drugfree.

How does one play using those poitons anyway? They give a hell of a drugflash.

No chance one can handle that, not even popping new ones before old ones run out, after at least 3 drugs youll be blind. At least i am. o_O

Clownst0pper
28-10-04, 17:34
That tank setup doesnt really need resist poitons, with a different armor and a tad less poison its just fine and drugfree.

How does one play using those poitons anyway? They give a hell of a drugflash.

No chance one can handle that, not even popping new ones before old ones run out, after at least 3 drugs youll be blind. At least i am. o_O

Its called Relogging- delets flash and resets the amount you can take. takes seconds.

The setup was to show whats possible, but its really nice ;)

Xadhoom
28-10-04, 17:40
relogging all 2 minutes, during op fight rox

tbh, resist potions arent working properly.

Mal
28-10-04, 18:53
Ahh the skills manager that everyone's using here, where can I download it? I had it before but I removed it during a format...can't find it for shit :wtf:

SorkZmok
28-10-04, 19:59
Its called Relogging- delets flash and resets the amount you can take. takes seconds.

The setup was to show whats possible, but its really nice ;)Even relogging doesnt always remove it.
Anyway, im searching for a way without exploiting and standing around helplessly for several seconds. No fucking way. o_O

Morganth
28-10-04, 20:27
Even relogging doesnt always remove it.
Anyway, im searching for a way without exploiting and standing around helplessly for several seconds. No fucking way. o_O

Die :lol:

Serpent
28-10-04, 20:29
Only a fire and energy if I recall, do it on all my characters..Kreoles got in the 190+'s and Kaolin almost tanklike.

Its a worthy trade off if you ask me :D

[edit] lol at Lupus on MSN @ the bottom :p

@ Glok, your setups fine, id loose the hacking and revise your resists abit, but apart from that..

here abner, look at my PE's setup..thats drug abuse (ignore psi~) :p

aye, inqui 4 helmet with 66 str

btw : you everytime have a ppu on your pa ? :D

my tank :

519 hlt
155 fir
180 enr
123 xrr
72 porr

without ppu buffs :D

Underground
28-10-04, 20:50
Shit setups imo, Clowns is good on paper, howeer its drug fuelled, and has fairly weak fire and energy without drugs, and also requires a PPU, and has faaaaaaaaar too much bodyhealth as he has a PPU there for the resist buff, why have your bodyhealth that high ? 8|

My tanks different tho as ive got a unique belt, however ive found that after areound 90-95 in a resist theres no real difference if you bother going upto 114, just free's up points for poison and ath.

Ive got for armour:
Inq4
PA3
Zarg Belt
Inq4
Dura boots

My energy CON is 95
Fire is 93
Xray 84
Poison 84

Ath 90
Total health is 504 unbuffed, with melee 3 and haz i get 114 xray and poison, and the HP bonus puts me at 594 hp, 1 off the cap.

Took around 70 from a heat or xray CS unbuffed, and the damage goes down when at lower health anyway with nearly all weapons.
Can solo percy's, wb's, chaos caves with a VK on, Could farm Old TG Canyon without a prob, anyway, glok, you havent got enough in fire or energy, and instead of a zark 3, either use a adv movement 3 and a str booster 3 spine, then just use a 200nc drug to drug on PA3, or drop PA3 totally and use a VK setup with POB only, lower your poison by about 65 and put the points into fire and energy. Youve also got too much melee then whats needed to cap a DG iirc

Glok
28-10-04, 21:28
Thanks for the tips under. I'll adjust it some. I was thinking of VK armor too... just didn't bother making a setup around it yet. :)

Underground
28-10-04, 21:39
Thanks for the tips under. I'll adjust it some. I was thinking of VK armor too... just didn't bother making a setup around it yet. :)
well dont use a zerk, their a waste tbh, youll be using a POB more then a DG, and with a AMC3/Marine/Moveon/PPR/StrBooster3, and VK armour, youll have 113 STR, You wont need TC unless you wanna use a shocker, so could put that TC into somethin like repair and be self sufficient.

Mr Friendly
28-10-04, 21:39
No one can say my resists suck though on any chars :lol: and then people say I h4x... :rolleyes:

its sad how ppl use drugs 8| :rolleyes:

& Glok, u might wanna put about 10 or 15 points in ppw....all u need is about 30 ppu to cap basic heal & def

Glok
28-10-04, 21:42
I will be using a DG for hunting. I want him to be PvP ready but that's not his only purpose. :)

whifix
28-10-04, 21:44
What drugs are you taking clownstopper? The 3 minute resists ones?

Underground
28-10-04, 22:22
I will be using a DG for hunting. I want him to be PvP ready but that's not his only purpose. :)

naaah

mob resists, youll find youll be doing same, sometimes more damage with your POB, then you will with your DG.

DG is xray, POB is poision, alotta mobs resist xray in the masses when compared to those that resist poison.

Glok
28-10-04, 22:26
Hmmm... maybe I will lose the tc then, I won't be using the melee shockers, they are even more lame than para. I'll get repair and 25 vhc for a hover then. :)

Underground
28-10-04, 22:33
Hmmm... maybe I will lose the tc then, I won't be using the melee shockers, they are even more lame than para. I'll get repair and 25 vhc for a hover then. :)

Hovers handy yea.

What i found tho, is that recycle is fuckin great, for yourself and for a clan.
Youll rarely need to buy the drugs needed to put on PA3 if you go for that setup, youll never need to buy stams, your monkey mates will rarely need psi booster trips while leveling as you can make 80 a cave run now. If you make psi booster 2's you can make about 200 per chaos cave run... and thats with 35 recycle
I didnt bother with veh, when i went lowtech i went with 100 agi with imps, 90 ath, 35 rec and rest repair, always got a support buff when available and used a rep glove. Its then a self sufficient char

Also use 44 psi use, 55 hacking
32 ppu 13 ppw 3 mst, i think thats the setup that gets you 505% on a tl3 heal with runcasting.

SorkZmok
28-10-04, 23:11
Im completely with fenix here, thats pretty much how im gonna setup my tank.

As i dont have that nice belt i will have a bit less health and por, but about 175ish fire and enr, 114 xray, 95 poison and capped fire enr with a heat 3. (heat 3 saves me more con points)

Mr Friendly
28-10-04, 23:13
dont rely on a ppu's spell on a non-ppu char. will be fatal to ur setup

tiikeri
28-10-04, 23:16
My setup > all. I cap everything.

The only minor side is that i'm ppu dependant, cause i'm not pure PvP MC tank. I'm OPwar tank. Hacking you know..

SorkZmok
28-10-04, 23:43
dont rely on a ppu's spell on a non-ppu char. will be fatal to ur setupI wont ever use him without a ppu. Hes ppu dependant. Opfights only. If i wanna go on my own, i got my spy.

Glok
29-10-04, 00:13
Based on the suggestions so far, I have made 2 more setups, first self buffed, second ppu buffed. I'm liking the better resists... man I don't know how my first setup was so damn bad... :o

Drugless as always. O_o

Mr Friendly
29-10-04, 00:15
I wont ever use him without a ppu. Hes ppu dependant. Opfights only. If i wanna go on my own, i got my spy.

yea i know, thats what i mean, dont make a setup reliant on other's buffs for soloing PK etc

SorkZmok
29-10-04, 04:28
Based on the suggestions so far, I have made 2 more setups, first self buffed, second ppu buffed. I'm liking the better resists... man I don't know how my first setup was so damn bad... :o

Drugless as always. O_oFuck VK armor, put on some melee PA. Then include heat 3, not haz 3 and you can get a damn great con setup. without drugs.
Nice one with your own buffs, pure evil with a ppu up your ass.

Was gonna post a link to a tank setup but im too drunk, so figure it out yourself. :p

And dont listen to cl0wnstopper, hes an attention whore with drug based setups.

/edit
Compare armor and con resists. Get the best armor setup possible, then set up your con. And DO NOT include ppu buffs. Not every ppus got the buffs you need and just one bad buff can fuck over a complete drugwhore setup....

With the right buffs my spy is a tank with more speed, with the wrong buffs my spy is dead meat. Still hes self dependant....

/edit
My first doy raid took about 1 hour. And i got out alive. Without a ppu, without relogging all the time, without help. And yes, i killed ppl.

Glok
29-10-04, 06:53
Ok one more try then. :p

With self buffs. PPU buffs make him evil... as Kid said.

edit: tbh, I think I will use the more balanced setup with VK armor. I might lose the BQ arm for an antigamma one tho.

THE_TICK!!!!
29-10-04, 07:07
good thread.

Xylaz
29-10-04, 08:12

edit: tbh, I think I will use the more balanced setup with VK armor. I might lose the BQ arm for an antigamma one tho.

ouch, those resists will be painful...

as a melee tank you can easily allow yourself to aim at 180 in each resist except poison.

Underground
29-10-04, 12:40

Energy and fire too low, poison again too high.

With a VK setup youll only need around 35-45 poison, with a PA setup you only need 84 poison.

Genji
29-10-04, 14:05
What skiller you guys use...cause if it's right, then the one I'm useing is WAY off...

Glok
29-10-04, 14:53
What skiller you guys use...cause if it's right, then the one I'm useing is WAY off...It's not right, but it is well laid out and is a good tool for assigning skillpoints. The resist calcs are a bit off, as is the health total (health should he higher).

Anyways, this I think is my final one. Good solo, and with a haz 3 uber.

Clownst0pper
29-10-04, 15:32
So let me get this straight...

Dont setup for a PPU, yet at an OP war (which is the best thing in NC) everyone fucking wants one...

NOT ONLY THAT but you say im a looser for using drugs, yet there there to be used?

Get real

Underground
29-10-04, 15:56
So let me get this straight...

Dont setup for a PPU, yet at an OP war (which is the best thing in NC) everyone fucking wants one...

NOT ONLY THAT but you say im a looser for using drugs, yet there there to be used?

Get real

koro i used to use 8 drugs solid on my spy, aswell as wearing PA4 on my tank for about 3 months solid, even while just talkin in P2. Yea drugs give you a boost in certain areas, but when they all drop at once because a fight lasts a bit longer then expected, even if you have the advantage at that point, the drugs fuck you up no end. Not worth the hassle, and only certain individuals can afford that ammount of drugs to constantly take.

manderf
29-10-04, 16:45
to much posion, you really dont have to worry about it to much, for dev you can outheal most of it with tank health, it takes alot of ticks to kill a tank. Only use like 50 or something.

Glok
29-10-04, 16:51
Yeah but there isn't much point in putting more in fire/enr at this point, and xray will be capped with a haz 3 if I happen to have a ppu with me. Besides, it might be nice to be able to solo catlock if the urge strikes me. :)

Trying to set up this tank's con has been an odd experience, so damn many armor and con and imp setups it's staggering. :confused:

Underground
29-10-04, 20:06
Yeah but there isn't much point in putting more in fire/enr at this point, and xray will be capped with a haz 3 if I happen to have a ppu with me. Besides, it might be nice to be able to solo catlock if the urge strikes me. :)

Trying to set up this tank's con has been an odd experience, so damn many armor and con and imp setups it's staggering. :confused:

You can solo the CRP caves including the queen with 60 poison, and just be carefull with the queen...

Clownst0pper
29-10-04, 20:09
You can solo the CRP caves including the queen with 60 poison, and just be carefull with the queen...

with the paw of bear u really do now need poison resist big time.

Xylaz
29-10-04, 20:16

not really, 70 in POR is more than enough against paw of bear. I mean, you wont see any real difference in dmg with 90-100 POR and its completely pointless to go beyond that.

Clownst0pper
29-10-04, 20:24
not really, 70 in POR is more than enough against paw of bear. I mean, you wont see any real difference in dmg with 90-100 POR and its completely pointless to go beyond that.

I just make it so when I take a hazard 3 i have 114, easy

Underground
29-10-04, 20:28

60 in con plus VK

Yea its all well and good you takin 10 drugs etc and having PPU buffs etc with 114 all resists, but, youve got a PPU there, thats verge cowardice tbh, youve got a holy shelt and def, and a holy heal whenever its needed, resists mean prettymuch dick in those conditions. Tho its all about personal preferences, I wouldnt want my main char to be drug reliant, yea i made my NC1 spy reliant on 8 drugs, he was mostly used for neofrag duels, or just logged on for OP wars sniping etc. Whereas my tanks my main class, i'd rather have a allround reliable setup where it doesent matter too much if i get jumped alone unbuffed and undrugged, whereas with your tank if your caught solo undrugged your shagged basically, cause youll have low resists, no haz3, low HP and low resists, AND youll have to stand still for a few seconds taking hits while drugging.

Just personal preferance.

Clownst0pper
29-10-04, 20:37
60 in con plus VK

Yea its all well and good you takin 10 drugs etc and having PPU buffs etc with 114 all resists, but, youve got a PPU there, thats verge cowardice tbh, youve got a holy shelt and def, and a holy heal whenever its needed, resists mean prettymuch dick in those conditions. Tho its all about personal preferences, I wouldnt want my main char to be drug reliant, yea i made my NC1 spy reliant on 8 drugs, he was mostly used for neofrag duels, or just logged on for OP wars sniping etc. Whereas my tanks my main class, i'd rather have a allround reliable setup where it doesent matter too much if i get jumped alone unbuffed and undrugged, whereas with your tank if your caught solo undrugged your shagged basically, cause youll have low resists, no haz3, low HP and low resists, AND youll have to stand still for a few seconds taking hits while drugging.

Just personal preferance.

Its only a fire and energy potion...And I only take them when im going into combat.

And to be fair, I always have my own PPU on my arse- ALWAYS.

yes im a PPU whore, everyone knows :)