PDA

View Full Version : Patch 115 & 116 Discussion

Thanatos
28-10-04, 15:07
- Drones now drop to ground after some seconds when stuck in solid geometry and doors.
- Increased network update rate for drones by about 20%.
- Added/updated collision checks at drone start.
- Decreased drone start inertia, may reduce errors causing drone loss.
- Fixed drone particle FX visible in 1st person mode after switching back from 3rd person mode.

- Fixed vehicle passenger combat rank bug.

- Adjusted (decreased) chance for failing research, it's the same formula as construction now.

- Fixed an issue with skill system causing rounding errors at large XP scores (with capped skills).
- Removed PSI WoC choice for PEs.
- Adjusted XP requirements for WoC skills (note: 160Mio = required XP for skill 100):
* 160Mio + 100Mio XP for WoC Lvl #1
* 160Mio + 250Mio XP for WoC Lvl #2
* 160Mio + 450Mio XP for WoC Lvl #3
* 160Mio + 700Mio XP for WoC Lvl #4
* 160Mio + 1000Mio XP for WoC Lvl #5

- Fixed physics code timing bug when minimizing Neocron using ALT+TAB.
- Fixed a few server-side crash bugs.

- Fixed a couple of memory leaks in the main menu.
- Removed a bug allowing 2-lined, colored clanrank names
- Updated HUD code (partially preparing clients for the upcomming HUD update)

- The Furniture Vendor in Viarosso 1 no longer sells DOY furniture.
- Added more DOY unit types.
- Tradeskill-Quickjob related items can no longer be dropped.
- Adjusted the armor values for Turrets and Juggernauts.
- Fixed a bug with the Hacknet software mods.
- The Black Dragon FSM now also sells the camo PE PAs.
- Fixed bugs in the Biotech, Crahn and Twilight Guardian Epic Runs.
- Greatly increased the drop rate for parts required to build Codebreakers in the Hacknet.
- Added backbones to the implant vendors.

naimex
28-10-04, 15:10
Very nice.. :)

Did you fix the "tags" aswell ?

Ozzon
28-10-04, 15:10
Sexxxxxx!

Tratos
28-10-04, 15:13
Woah....

Well we need that much XP we have plenty time t get the WoC discs, lol

Looks fairly decent, good news for droners.

Retro V
28-10-04, 15:15
<3 camo pe pa

''fixed quickjob-tradeskill items - can no longer be dropped''
does this mean only ressers/csters can do the missions now ?

No1male
28-10-04, 15:16
on level 5 of the crahn epic so i hope this makes it easier :P

all in all well done kk ;)

Bugs Gunny
And now for some fixes on the hacknet mobs please.

Rest is looking good.

Frotto
what does "added more DOY units" mean???

Awesome on the patch though.

Chess -
To bad that I still can't get my NPC yet :(

Morganth
28-10-04, 15:17
- Updated HUD code (partially preparing clients for the upcomming HUD update)

Remove the HUD!

WaRü
28-10-04, 15:17
bin ich bei WoC lvl 5 stärker als ein GM ?

r3yka
28-10-04, 15:18
oh the camo PE PA sounds sexy!!!!!!!!11111177sevenzeroonetwo

J. Folsom
28-10-04, 15:18
what does "added more DOY units" mean???

Awesome on the patch though.
It means they added more DOY units. :p

I'm hoping that means there's new types spawning, because more of them wasn't really necesarry.

Shurikn
28-10-04, 15:20
What about MB apts? Can they be bought or is the trader NPC still bugged ? :rolleyes:

Zheo
28-10-04, 15:21
It stinks IT STINKS IT STINKS!!!

I see KK is giving DOY'er some nice prezzies but there the feck our the Pro city stuff? Wtf is it we dont get any decent PSI Stuff, or armour? EH!

Why do i have to go and beg some scum from DOY for Camo PE armour? or psi spells or drugs? Why is it i have to find a CM runner with 90 symp to get Tank PA, Wtf we gonna do if a war breaks out? hit em with mundane crap like Lazer Rifle or Slow Fire Rifle, I've about had it with being out numbered, and attacked in plaza sector 1 by bloody pistol spies who get everything handed to em by DOY!!

Mr Riza is a fool if he thinks the runners of NC will protect the city cos at first sign of an attack we run to our appartments cos we got jack shite to fight back with!, Not to mention we're out numbered 6-1 by Doy on Terra everywhere u go theirs a gang of antie scum pk'in u at genrep,

so basically yeah NC = Your a dead man, DOY = everythings handed to you on a platter.

That's really good balancing by KK "Thanks"

....yeah lil up set atm, excuse my rantings!! As well written as they may be.

Morganth
28-10-04, 15:23
oh the camo PE PA sounds sexy!!!!!!!!11111177sevenzeroonetwo

Yeah, I just hope they don't limit it to PA3, as my sexy PA4 PE would like to be in Camo PA :rolleyes:

ZyproN
28-10-04, 15:23
=Thanatos]
- Adjusted (decreased) chance for failing research, it's the same formula as construction now

Hmm... if you are doing tl 150 mission is 150 in ress enough now?

amputator
28-10-04, 15:24
so we need to be fully capped to start WoC or just main stat ? :)

Maester Seymour
28-10-04, 15:24
Sexy patch :)

Does this mean drones are useable again now? It sounds like it, but i wouldn't wanna go launch a perfect Punisher to find it blow up or vanish :p

Zheo
28-10-04, 15:25
They limited Camo PE PA to Anti scum or beggers. Also Fail rate for Ress will be high if u only got 150 Ress cos my tl 215 Cst still fails about 25% of the time.

J. Folsom
Sexy patch :)

Does this mean drones are useable again now? It sounds like it, but i wouldn't wanna go launch a perfect Punisher to find it blow up or vanish :p
In that case, buy a batch of basic lightweight attack drones and try it out with those. ;)

EDIT: The research change sounds good too, now here's for hoping that the speed formula is the same as construct as well now.

LOST
why 160 softcap ??? and does that mean those of us hardcapped at 172 only have 88 to go to woc 1 ???

i can finally use my droner which is nice....(once ive replaced the drones)

:D

phunqe
28-10-04, 15:26

So that's what... like 10.000.000 Grim chasers to kill? :D

Morganth
28-10-04, 15:27
why 160 softcap ??? and does that mean those of us hardcapped at 172 only have 88 to go to woc 1 ???

That would make sense, and I really hope its the case seeing as KK already stated that WoC XP is just regular XP.

Sakletare
A bit of a silly question, but... why does patches come in pairs now? :confused:

Jesterthegreat
- Adjusted XP requirements for WoC skills (note: 160Mio = required XP for skill 100):

so what about PE's xp levels (as they dont have 160 mil in anything)

naimex
28-10-04, 15:28
A bit of a silly question, but... why does patches come in pairs now? :confused:

built in hotfix ;)

giga191
Damn I can't wait to get started lvling to get WoC :)

J. Folsom
Maybe they're trying to keep individual patch sizes down for people with dial-up who get regularly disconnected?

LOST
they get nothing.:D

ZyproN
28-10-04, 15:29
Tbh. WTF? Does WOC give? 1 more level so you are 101?

Thanatos
28-10-04, 15:30
About the PE WOC: The PE also needs 260 Mio XP for the first WOC level, even though his caps are much lower.

Siygess
28-10-04, 15:30
Easy there Zheo.. though I admit things are looking quite bleak for us. I have a question about the xp reqs though.. has the xp cap for capped skills been removed?

Jesterthegreat
28-10-04, 15:31
man oh man... 1000 mil xp is like... 1 billion xp?

1 160 000 000 xp to get woc 5?

shocking :p

MkVenner
28-10-04, 15:31
Camo PEPA SEXXX!!!!!!

edit: should really read properly lol

[TgR]KILLER
28-10-04, 15:32
sigh.. long long long way to go to get killer ready for WOC lol

who here is BD and got 90 symp ? i want a camo!

Jesterthegreat
28-10-04, 15:33
yeah could someone make a sticky saying what the benifits / rewards for woc are for each class / stat? if its a choice of stats (from the removed PE psi i assume it is to some extent) then i dont want to have to get an extra 180 million XP just to find i didnt want that woc on my PE

Ascension
28-10-04, 15:33
so what do we get? an Xtra 5 points to spend or something as silly as that O_o

Vampire222
28-10-04, 15:34
upcoming hud change... hope its back to something CLEAN... like the nc1 hud, don't know what anyone would have against that...

Jesterthegreat
28-10-04, 15:35
thats why i want a sticky on it... no one kows for sure :p

upcoming hud change... hope its back to something CLEAN... like the nc1 hud, don't know what anyone would have against that...

i think it was said it would be a HUD similar to the NC1 one in a thread somewhere recently

phunqe
28-10-04, 15:40
I think the general consensus around here is that we'd like to know what the rewards are for each WoC level.
Mostly to motivate us to actually doing it. It's a looooot of XP to gain there.
I can't really see myself doing even the first level without knowing what I gain from it, especially since I don't have like 8 hours a day to play :)

Ascension
thats why i want a sticky on it... no one kows for sure :p

i think it was said it would be a HUD similar to the NC1 one in a thread somewhere recently

I made a clean Hud in closed beta.. but removed it due to the TOC :(

- The Furniture Vendor in Viarosso 1 no longer sells DOY furniture.

Bugger!

Whilst I didnt think this was 'correct' I'd only just finished going through the list and updating my guide (not 15 mins before the patch!!!)

Grrrrrrrr!!!!

Zheo
28-10-04, 15:41
Easy there Zheo.. though I admit things are looking quite bleak for us. I have a question about the xp reqs though.. has the xp cap for capped skills been removed?

Easy? I don't like having to go ask some Antie player for psi equipment, i mean we're suposed to hate each other, thus KK expects us to live with out PSI? Not that it matters, you see PAIN fighting with Lunatics? I mean what happened to us all be allies? everything is soo screwed up atm on Terra. I hate FSM, you can't buy anything now and you need so much cash to buy what you can get and money is slow work!

phunqe
28-10-04, 15:44
Thanatos,

would it be possible for the city vendors to get the clean and simple cabs that we had in NC1 (and that also exist in furnished NC appartments)?
They had a really clean and non intrusive design. The ones I've seen so far just takes over the whole room.
If you're about to place 20 cabs in a clan appartment you want them to be rather discrete. It's one thing in the DoY appartments. There, the walls etc are dirty so the DoY cabs fits well in.
We've tried to put the simplest DoY cabs into a city appartment and it's just plain wrong.

:)

Zheo
28-10-04, 15:45

Ok folks you gain 5 levels in your chosen stat EG Dex Int, Str, Con, or PSI

so if your a private eye you could get upto 85 BASE dex, or 65 BASE Int instead of 80 base dex or 60 base int.

Understand now? thats 25 Skill points and for a PE that's muchly needed!! helps us use pistols and rifles better! yey WOC, now if i could just get my hands on a WOC disk and 2 million without being pk'd every five seconds by a group of crahn, i'd be on my way to WOC but i dout thats gonna happen this year!

shend
28-10-04, 15:45
many thanx for taking care of the drone bug
i'll check it out this evening
many, many many many many thanx

thank u

giga191
28-10-04, 15:46
man oh man... 1000 mil xp is like... 1 billion xp?

1 160 000 000 xp to get woc 5?

shocking :p
1000 mil is American for one billion, English for a billion is 1 million million.

[TgR]KILLER
28-10-04, 15:47
i got the TH cabinets in my clan app.. if you know how those look then.. plain simple and not to big :)

J. Folsom
28-10-04, 15:48
1000 mil is American for one billion, English for a billion is 1 million million.
That's not right, a million million would be 1000 billion. Or 1,000,000,000,000. :p

Morganth
28-10-04, 15:53
Looks good so far, hope that we get a list of WoC stuff soon though (a legal one, not a ripped one :p )

Not that it matters, you see PAIN fighting with Lunatics?

Did you find out the reason? I doubt it. So its irrelevant.

Mal
28-10-04, 15:53
That's not right, a million million would be 1000 billion. Or 1,000,000,000,000. :p

English and American deffinitions are different.

Chipz
28-10-04, 15:56
Why do i have to go and beg some scum from DOY for Camo PE armour? or psi spells or drugs? Why is it i have to find a CM runner with 90 symp to get Tank PA, Wtf we gonna do if a war breaks out? hit em with mundane crap like Lazer Rifle or Slow Fire Rifle, I've about had it with being out numbered, and attacked in plaza sector 1 by bloody pistol spies who get everything handed to em by DOY!!

Mr Riza is a fool if he thinks the runners of NC will protect the city cos at first sign of an attack we run to our appartments cos we got jack shite to fight back with!, Not to mention we're out numbered 6-1 by Doy on Terra everywhere u go theirs a gang of antie scum pk'in u at genrep,

Dude, look at the world map! would it be devided almost 50-50 if what you say is true? If Doy realy has all the kewl stuff and we only had pieces of wood and chittin to throw back at them?
Ok your right, it's easier for a anti city to get psi spells and drugs. But it isn't impossible to get them when your pro-city

Xeno LARD
28-10-04, 16:06
Fuck, Drone stuff. I LOVE YOU KK.

Lots and lots of sex for KK

Dribble Joy
28-10-04, 16:08
Why is camo PEPA BD?

Why?

*cries*

I can't say why, but I am really narked about that, damn you all.

Dribble Joy
28-10-04, 16:09
English and American deffinitions are different.
English billion is 10^9 afaik.

Liebestoter
28-10-04, 16:10
Why is camo PA sold at FSMs to begin with? :(

Tratos
28-10-04, 16:11
(Translated useing freetranslation.com)

The Outfitter *should be ready* next week. The Military base dealer are revised to the next Patch.

Backbones were added in the respective NC/DOY Implant dealers, this was added to the patch notes

Heh, thought you guys might like that info :)

Endar
28-10-04, 16:17
If I can actually launch a drone now:

REALLY AWESOME JOB REAKKTOR!!!

Glok
28-10-04, 16:17
So backbones in the next patch, or in this one? That quote is a bit out of context...

Tratos
28-10-04, 16:18
So backbones in the next patch, or in this one? That quote is a bit out of context...

Heh, they are on the Notes for this patch ;) my guess is they are there.

Dribble Joy
About the PE WOC: The PE also needs 260 Mio XP for the first WOC level, even though his caps are much lower.
This... hmmmm
PEs gain dex and int far slower than spies, them getting WoC is going to be... tedious... :p

Taste of our own medicine?

KRIMINAL99
- Increased network update rate for drones by about 20%.

I KNEW IT!! When I first started playing this game using a pistol PE I could solo doom harbringers at point blank range just by running behind them and dodging their rockets. Then one day a patch hit and all the sudden they didn't have to shoot to kill you, you just randomly lost health and fell over dead if you ran near them. All the other mobs started doing damage at random times too without having to shoot. Everyone told me I was paranoid and you didn't have any way to do something like that...

You did something to nerf players communication with the server and didn't tell anyone in the patch notes. FFS... Maybe you should do something to make the mobs damage to players based on what the client shows the mobs as doing and shooting players instead of what the server says...

Holy cow are you joking? How many juggernaut runs are required to get 1160 (is Mio = to MILLION???) xp? Some people work and have lives and crap, and besides which this is not the answer to high level stagnation. If you want to fix boredom at higher levels you have to implement some form of gambling system where they have the chance and fear of losing their valued items. IE remove safeslots. Back in the day before safeslots and locked quickbelts noone complained about high level content.

With this people will just get fed up and leave long before reaching the end anyways. They will look at how long they would have to sit there killing the same boring digitized mobs over and over again and realize its not worth it. And if there is some narcisistic goofball who lives in his parent's basement with no job and sits there doing jug runs all day long every day 24/7 and actually manages to get it and it gives him something thats and advantage over normal players then the normal players will just all quit.

J. Folsom
28-10-04, 16:19
I read the original post, and it says it should be in now.

Valan
28-10-04, 16:21
Here is my questions regarding the patches... I didn't read anything in either of them saying they fixed the problem that caused the model problem which caused the rollback on terra... did I miss that? I was kind of hoping they would find and fix that issue so i wouldnt have to worry about it happening again. Also, BD's get PE PA at FSM, that is fine and all but give me something worth having 90+ T.S. symp, the faction manager has nothing worth anything that anyone wants.

Glok
28-10-04, 16:23
I read the original post, and it says it should be in now.Sweet. The only thing I needed was a HBB3, but at least people won't be spamming trade offering 400k for one now. :D

jernau
28-10-04, 16:31
I like this.

Two questions though:
1) Can all classes do all WOC skills then?
2) What are the rewards?

I doubt I'll bother working on them till I know both those answers. It's a hell of a lot of repetative caving without a clear goal to keep me interested.

Oh grud not the Milliard debate again. Almost everyone uses the "US" version now because it was easier than trying to teach them maths.

Killfly
Great patch and REALLY good to see a lot of community comments being taken notice of! :) I can feel the faith creeping back in - kep up the good work!

phunqe
KILLER']i got the TH cabinets in my clan app.. if you know how those look then.. plain simple and not to big :)

Hmm, I think those are about the same as the ones I was thinking of. I'll have a look at them.

Thanks.

Dribble Joy
28-10-04, 16:33
1) Can all classes do all WOC skills then?
No, PEs cannot (for reasons which will probably become apparent) gain PSI WoC.

manderf
28-10-04, 16:38
" Fixed vehicle passenger combat rank bug."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. omfg who reported that bug ima kos them

Carinth
28-10-04, 16:38

The question is, can they still be traded between players? If not then it needs to be made sure that missions exist for every single profession. I'm a PPU Barterer and neither of my professions are covered by the current missions...

- Removed a bug allowing 2-lined, colored clanrank names

Was the bug allowing 2lined rank names? or was it both 2-lined and colored.. It was nice having some a little more diversity for our ranks...

- Fixed an issue with skill system causing rounding errors at large XP scores (with capped skills).

Are you allowed to gain a WoC level in any stat you've got the required exp for? And will the softcaps be removed? I'm curious if hypotheticly a Monk could gain 260mil dex exp and get a woc level in dex or maybe con.

If it's only your main stats, then do we get to pick between the two? Like could a Monk gain Int and Psi WoC levels?

I'm asking this because I don't understand how PE's fit in. They don't have a mainstat really. I noticed in the notes there that PSI was removed from their possible WoC levels, can they gain levels in the other stats? Though that seems rather unfair, I guess its balanced by the fact that pe's are behind about 100mil or more, so they have to do more work to get WoC levels.

As to the rewards, I think they're going give us new skills, which most likely will be scaled down so that the 5 WoC levels are all that's needed to cap these skills. Like for example gaining PSI WoC #1 will reveal Skill: Enhanced Pool Regen. Putting the points gained into it will boost your psi pool regen rate. If you put the points from all 5 Psi WoC levels into this one WoC Skill, then you'd cap it in the same way that putting all/most of your normal level points caps other skills. Of course that's just my guesswork, who knows : ) I do recall hearing that WoC skills will impart a benefit to your combat abilities. And as it should be, getting those levels will take a hell of a long time.

Lastly, it might be nice to review the current high level hunting dungeons and make adjustments and/or add more. Of the current two WoC dungeons, one is easy and the other is insanely hard. The only other high end dungeon I know of are the DOY Tunnels. The exp gained at places like that need to be balanced with how difficult they are. The reason most of us end up going to caves or graves is because there's a better balance there.

Glok
28-10-04, 16:42
The question is, can they still be traded between players? If not then it needs to be made sure that missions exist for every single profession. I'm a PPU Barterer and neither of my professions are covered by the current missions...If that is a proper no-drop, it means the items can't leave your inventory. What I am wondering, is if you pop the datacube on a cst mission, how do you get rid of the unused parts?

Dribble Joy
28-10-04, 16:45
Are you allowed to gain a WoC level in any stat you've got the required exp for?
Looks like it. Except PEs and PSI.

Jesterthegreat
28-10-04, 16:49
until theres an official list of boni / rewards i wont be doing WoC

amputator
28-10-04, 16:50
can any GM say how is WoC supposed to work? Because i paid 2 mil gave my ceres disk away to NPC ,he said " You activated Wisdom Of Ceres " , but nothing happened. And when i lvl my exp jumps back to hardcapp value.

Spermy
28-10-04, 16:51
/Me ish glad!

/Me ish Happeh!

/ME IS DRONING TODAY!!!! :D :D :D

Many Thanks as always KK.

*Puts Camo Fanboi PA on*

Carinth
28-10-04, 16:56
10^9 = 1000000000 = 1 billion here in the states too. I wasn't aware there was any other value 1bil could be. It's one thing to adopt different standards, but to use the same name is a bit daft.

Holy cow are you joking? How many juggernaut runs are required to get 1160 (is Mio = to MILLION???) xp? Some people work and have lives and crap, and besides which this is not the answer to high level stagnation. If you want to fix boredom at higher levels you have to implement some form of gambling system where they have the chance and fear of losing their valued items. IE remove safeslots. Back in the day before safeslots and locked quickbelts noone complained about high level content.

With this people will just get fed up and leave long before reaching the end anyways. They will look at how long they would have to sit there killing the same boring digitized mobs over and over again and realize its not worth it. And if there is some narcisistic goofball who lives in his parent's basement with no job and sits there doing jug runs all day long every day 24/7 and actually manages to get it and it gives him something thats and advantage over normal players then the normal players will just all quit.

Dude, WoC isn't supposed to be something everyone does. When you cap your char, you're done. If you get bored of just doing pvp, you can continue on with WoC levels. This applies to both casual and hardcore gamers. It's just a matter of different timescales. It's not any different from how it is now.. If you plug away at it for a few weeks you can cap most chars, but if you're more casual about it you could spend a few months before you cap. Likewise WoC will take a long time for hardcore gamers and even longer for the casual ones.

jernau
28-10-04, 17:01
No, PEs cannot (for reasons which will probably become apparent) gain PSI WoC.
But spies can (in theory at least)?

Obviously only the totally daffy would even consider it but I'm curious.

Spermy
28-10-04, 17:02
I don't think it's daffy dude :)

Imagine the edge that spy has over others. Well... until others get it too...

Well then...

Yeah... Maybe bordering a little on the daffy...

jernau
28-10-04, 17:08
I don't think it's daffy dude :)

Imagine the edge that spy has over others. Well... until others get it too...

Well then...

Yeah... Maybe bordering a little on the daffy...
Well he'd have 2 ways to do it :
1) missions at a max of 1300xp per mission
2) going APU

Either way be insane IMO.

Jaenus
28-10-04, 17:09
UK Billion = 10^12
American Billion = 10^9
No idea about anywhere else.

MrChumble
28-10-04, 17:10
10^9 = 1000000000 = 1 billion here in the states too. I wasn't aware there was any other value 1bil could be. It's one thing to adopt different standards, but to use the same name is a bit daft.
US Billion is 10^9 (ie a thousand millions)

UK Billion is 10^12 (ie a million millions)

Bleh, beaten to it by a few seconds :D

Glad to see Droners have had some sexy lovin' this patch. It's time for Rosy to come out of retirement :)

Xeno LARD
28-10-04, 17:11
If that is a proper no-drop, it means the items can't leave your inventory. What I am wondering, is if you pop the datacube on a cst mission, how do you get rid of the unused parts?

Item removal tool?

Shelia
28-10-04, 17:12
How do you gain Xp ?!
I have 2 m, a disk, talked to the npc.
He said thinks like you're ready for ceres wisdow, blabla, it's a great honnor.
Then i killed some mob, the xp go neg, then go to 3 or 5 to next level.
Then i killed ceres mob, same...
How are you supposed to xp ?!

Spermy
28-10-04, 17:12
Well he'd have 2 ways to do it :
1) missions at a max of 1300xp per mission
2) going APU

Either way be insane IMO.

Which would explain my comment... I am after all - ever so slightly skewed.

Glok
28-10-04, 17:19
US Billion is 10^9 (ie a thousand millions)

UK Billion is 10^12 (ie a million millions)So what is 10^9 in the UK? A britillion?

jernau
28-10-04, 17:20
Which would explain my comment... I am after all - ever so slightly skewed.Just clarifying :D.

Everyone uses the same "billion" now - http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/SI%20prefix

Also we did this before here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1454239).

J. Folsom
28-10-04, 17:21
So what is 10^9 in the UK? A britillion?
Milliard. :p

Actually that does make more sense in regards to other languages (In Dutch, as example, it also goes million, milliard, billion)

KRIMINAL99
28-10-04, 17:22
Dude, WoC isn't supposed to be something everyone does. When you cap your char, you're done. If you get bored of just doing pvp, you can continue on with WoC levels. This applies to both casual and hardcore gamers. It's just a matter of different timescales. It's not any different from how it is now.. If you plug away at it for a few weeks you can cap most chars, but if you're more casual about it you could spend a few months before you cap. Likewise WoC will take a long time for hardcore gamers and even longer for the casual ones.

Wake the freak up!!! 1 BILLION XP. What you are talking about applies to how long it takes to cap now. This is going to take ages of killing the same little digitized mobs over and over for god knows how long.

The only people even capable of doing this short of taking years will most likely be people with no lives and no jobs who play the game like 24/7 and even most of them will probably decide its not worth it.

If its not something everyone is going to do then it has no freaking buisness effecting game balance. The only people who would claim to think its fair that someone can gain an unfair advantage over casual gamers in pvp just by running on this stupid treadmill for weeks on end are the people who have too much time on their hands and WANT that unfair advantage.

Its simple math. There is a reason for a cap to begin with. The majority of people can only play the game a limited amount. Say they play the game 10 hours a week. Then you have someone who doesn't do anything BUT play the game. Say he plays 60 hours a week. Say it takes 30 hours to cap a character. Player 1 will cap in half a week and during that time will have an advantage over the other player. But then 2 and a half weeks later the other player will catch up and be on equal ground again. Not the end of the world. Say instead you put the cap at 120 hours. Player 1 caps in 2 weeks, player 2 caps in 12 weeks. For 2 and a half months the average player will have to listen to some jobless punk claiming to be uber and talking smack because of his advantage. If it doesn't do that much, then ok its not as bad, but I had the impression that they are going to implement WoC weapons eventually.

Even if all it does is level up your stat thats still a big advantage. You can replace stat boosting imps with ones that do things like boost your HP or some other useful skill.

I suppose if I told you I was going to let you pay me 12 bucks a month to run on my treadmill you would do it huh?

Jesterthegreat
28-10-04, 17:31
Wake the freak up!!! 1 BILLION XP. What you are talking about applies to how long it takes to cap now. This is going to take ages of killing the same little digitized mobs over and over for god knows how long.

The only people even capable of doing this short of taking years will most likely be people with no lives and no jobs who play the game like 24/7 and even most of them will probably decide its not worth it.

If its not something everyone is going to do then it has no freaking buisness effecting game balance. The only people who would claim to think its fair that someone can gain an unfair advantage over casual gamers in pvp just by running on this stupid treadmill for weeks on end are the people who have too much time on their hands and WANT that unfair advantage.

Its simple math. There is a reason for a cap to begin with. The majority of people can only play the game a limited amount. Say they play the game 10 hours a week. Then you have someone who doesn't do anything BUT play the game. Say he plays 60 hours a week. Say it takes 30 hours to cap a character. Player 1 will cap in half a week and during that time will have an advantage over the other player. But then 2 and a half weeks later the other player will catch up and be on equal ground again. Not the end of the world. Say instead you put the cap at 120 hours. Player 1 caps in 2 weeks, player 2 caps in 12 weeks. For 2 and a half months the average player will have to listen to some jobless punk claiming to be uber and talking smack because of his advantage. If it doesn't do that much, then ok its not as bad, but I had the impression that they are going to implement WoC weapons eventually.

Even if all it does is level up your stat thats still a big advantage. You can replace stat boosting imps with ones that do things like boost your HP or some other useful skill.

I suppose if I told you I was going to let you pay me 12 bucks a month to run on my treadmill you would do it huh?

yopu are aware WoC is optional yes?

and from what i have heard its still impossible to get over the 172 mil cap so no one will have it soon anyway

MrChumble
28-10-04, 17:32
Wake the freak up!!!
Could you do the same please?

No one in their right mind is going to treadmill their way up to a billion (or a milliard :p) exp. I've no doubt at all that the exp level was meant to be fairly unattainable by grinding. The very very few people who do get the last WoC skill level are going to be the people who just stick with one char and play it constantly for ages. I think anyone who tried to grind their way to the top level would give up long before reaching it.

The point, I assume, of these WoC levels is for there always to be something to aim for. One billion exp? No one is capping their char any time this year anyway :D

Xylaz
28-10-04, 17:35
so... the backbones are in...

...what about lvl 2 eyes?

and

...what about lvl 2 hearts?

Can someone please explain me the reason why KK could put the backbones in, and yet they couldnt do the same with hearts and eyes too?

Maybe they are scheduled for next patch or something...

phunqe
28-10-04, 17:39
Well, WoC really rewards those who play hard core. I think this is good.
Before, there were complaints about no truly high level content which rewards them who play a lot.
If you only play 30 mins per day, then you won't be able to do them, simple as that.
Unfair? Well, personally I hate socialistic thinking were everybody should be equal. If I work my ass off, I want to get paid accordingly :)
Same thing should apply in game.

Morganth
28-10-04, 17:40
Well, WoC really rewards those who play hard core. I think this is good.
Before, there were complaints about no truly high level content which rewards them who play a lot.
I think it's correct to award those who play more. If you on'y play 30 mins per day, then you won't be able to do them, simple as that.
Unfair? Well, personally I hate socialistic thinking were everybody should be equal. If I work my ass off, I want to get paid accordingly :)
Same thing should apply in game.

Yeah, I agree.

Oh, and PUT LEVEL 2 HEARTS IN STORES, please.

Nixon
28-10-04, 17:45
Servers up yet? :P

Xadhoom
28-10-04, 17:46
dont wanna translate everything I posted on the german boards, lets say it in one short sentence:

drone fixes arent working.

Xylaz
28-10-04, 17:48
so... can i play the game or should i wait for rollback?

Babai
28-10-04, 18:02
Also, 1 FSM in BT HQ aint working and he is required to complete my conster mission. He is always busy. A cpl more of other poor folks are waiting for him to finish his mad typing.

BlackDove
28-10-04, 18:25
Ooooooooooooo patch

Neat.

Nicor
28-10-04, 18:39
About WoC, a lot of questions remain:

Is it possible to develop 2 WoC skills? One after another? At the same time? Is it possible to reach WoC lvl 2 in a skill if the other one is not at lvl 1? Do we need 2 WoC discs to start 2 WoC skill developments? 4 millions? 2 different faction Master titles?

What about WoC Constitution skill (does it exist)?

What do we get for each WoC level? How many main skill points? How many subskill points? (i remember that it was planed not to give any subskill points any more). Will there be specific WoC subskills?

What can we expect from WoC? New weapons and armors and objects with WoC requirements? Beter use of existing weapons and objects? Are there any other advantages to level up to WoC lvl.

I can imagine that answers to these questions are still not clear, even for KK. In fact, all this is probably under construction, and KK has time to finish the work taking into account the time it will take us to reach the WoC levels, even the first one.

Dirus
28-10-04, 18:40
- Adjusted (decreased) chance for failing research, it's the same formula as construction now.

This should set Research's skill bonuses closer to if not the same as Construction. Where the more skill you have the less you fail & the faster you research.

This just means you can't drop the item when you die, like an Epic reward. You can still give it away/sell it/whatever you do with stuff that most of us may not want to know about...

whifix
28-10-04, 18:56
Anyone have the stats for the Camo PE PA?

Burgeri
28-10-04, 19:00
Hmm, my computer locks up now when I try to enter the game.

1. Are the servers back up?

2. Any chance of altering the launcher so that it does not jam the whole machine if the servers aren't up? Same thing after every patch...

jernau
28-10-04, 19:06
Anyone have the stats for the Camo PE PA?
I assume it's like the tank ones - identical to the normal PAs but with a new skin and higher price tag.

btw - servers are working fine for me (well Terra at least).

MkVenner
28-10-04, 19:28
damn why couldnt CM get Camo PEPA because

a) its camo and BD fight in cities

b) CM got fuck all as it is

c) im CM and i want it whahaha :p

Candaman
28-10-04, 19:55
WoC well i came to try this out went to the savant started the WoC well done u fixed that and gave a little addition to the skill window

http://sigdepot.nhldepot.org/Cannings/woc.JPG

but there is no where that shows where u gain xp the psi bar keeps resetting and won't go about 172 mil and the woc is just a txt on the skill window

Seven
28-10-04, 19:57
This should set Research's skill bonuses closer to if not the same as Construction. Where the more skill you have the less you fail & the faster you research.

I thought it was that way all this time. :confused:
Why wasn't it that way from the start? Not a flame, just curious as to why it didn't help to have more research points before. :confused:

And yes some level 2 Rifle eyes would help, where did they go anyway?

Dribble Joy
28-10-04, 20:22

Also, CM have the other Camo PAs.

Also, I have been drawing up a big plan for the camo PEPA, even had the npc pseudo script done and me and Ezechiel where going to draw up a back story and all....

I'm all narked now.

Nicor
28-10-04, 21:07
WoC well i came to try this out went to the savant started the WoC well done u fixed that and gave a little addition to the skill window

http://sigdepot.nhldepot.org/Cannings/woc.JPG

but there is no where that shows where u gain xp the psi bar keeps resetting and won't go about 172 mil and the woc is just a txt on the skill window

Probably have to wait til the next patch. It will probably be in 15 days since next patch will be for drones, and next patch may come in more than 7 days...

Til then, have fun

:(

Dirus
28-10-04, 21:08
I thought it was that way all this time. :confused:
Why wasn't it that way from the start? Not a flame, just curious as to why it didn't help to have more research points before. :confused:

It did help, just not as much as in constructions case. When everything was first put into the game they were alot different then they are now. Time wise you used to have to place every part into the processor before you could construct the item. Thats no longer the case so theres nothing to justify the longer research times. There is probably more reasons as to why it was setup that way, however that was before my time so I won't be able to give you all the original reasons.

Frotto
28-10-04, 21:32

Atleast you got something... TS didnt get shit... all we sell now are those retarded little amrad parts or what ever they are called now. We did sell Holovests (*cough Crap *Sniffle) but then again so did the stores.

do spies have camo pas? cause that would rock!

Darth Slayer
28-10-04, 21:42
Drones do not drop to ground when stuck in walls or anything else for that matter. I've had 4 black box/brown box bug hits when launching drones in Graves and they did not fucking reappear. Sorry to rain on your parade but it seems drones are still SNAFU....... :mad:

Scorpius.
(Beginning to wonder why I pay for this)

Seven
28-10-04, 22:08
It did help, just not as much as in constructions case. When everything was first put into the game they were alot different then they are now. Time wise you used to have to place every part into the processor before you could construct the item. Thats no longer the case so theres nothing to justify the longer research times. There is probably more reasons as to why it was setup that way, however that was before my time so I won't be able to give you all the original reasons.

OMG thanks so much for a reply! :)
I wish you were around when Neocron started.

Sakletare
28-10-04, 22:26
I wish you would remove the processor window jumping around after X researches too. I know it's a feature to prevent macro researching, but it's still very annoying when doing large batches.

And while i'm on the subject; please remove the 1% synaptic impairment that doesn't go away until you zone. I think it's a fix to prevent people loming with macros, but when that 1% is stopping you from stealthing to survive after you gr'd into a zone you start to dislike it a lot.

OpTi
28-10-04, 22:34
so is WoC STILL broken then?

doesn't seem to be confirmed or denied, and i'm sure many people want to know.

tiikeri
28-10-04, 22:40
Nice patch.

Valan
28-10-04, 23:25
aye good patch I am happy with it for the most part. I would like to see the Tsunami FSM get something useful though maybe in the near future.

Birkoff
28-10-04, 23:38
w000000t WOC... they have finally finished making it?

Better download NC it seems..... sex...

oh ... it doesn't work :D didn't expect that :D

DigestiveBiscui
28-10-04, 23:43
Same as Candaman

my APU skills in psi doesnt go above 172 mill

PSI 100 btw

Omnituens
28-10-04, 23:47
Can a Dev please clear up some questions about WoC

How can we get 260Mill when we cant get past 172Mill?
do i need to go to a guy to allow me to level past that cap?
and, most importantly... do ALL skills need to be hard capped?

jernau
28-10-04, 23:58

Does the 2xTL rule still apply?

I didn't notice much time difference doing TL150 RES missions at 230 RES btw. Should I have seen much or do I need to find my stopwatch?

Glok
29-10-04, 00:30
I dunno what was changed with failures, but my spy just ressed 7 E parts with 130 skill and didn't pop any of them. I like this. :)

Seven
29-10-04, 00:50
I dunno what was changed with failures, but my spy just ressed 7 E parts with 130 skill and didn't pop any of them. I like this. :)

Oh good deal!
Seems they are tweaking some of the idiotic timesinks.

Dirus
29-10-04, 00:59
Does the 2xTL rule still apply?

I didn't notice much time difference doing TL150 RES missions at 230 RES btw. Should I have seen much or do I need to find my stopwatch?

In general the Research time was not all that different from the Construction time at the higher levels when you look at equal skill levels. If you want to test the Research time try making a blueprint of a lower TL item that used to be instant for construction but took time for research the changes should have sped up research noticably in that area. The fail rate was main thing decreased for research to better match construction ie...With 100INT & 100RES, you should have the same pass rate on a TL100 item as a constructor with 100INT 100DEX 100CST.

With the next patch or so you should notice more of a difference mission wise, since the changes included with this patch allow me more flexability with the mission items time/difficulty wise.

Bronx
29-10-04, 01:00
OK WoC must still be bugged all to hell.

I wen to the temple in F 02 with.......

1. Ceres Disc
2. 2 million creds
3. PSI hard capped at ...172.354.939

I talked to the Savant he said blah blah blah took my 2 mil and ceres disc and said good luck.

Well then I went to level with my bud. I spent about i hour and my EXP DID NOT MORE AT ALL. it bounced up, but would bounce right back down to 172.354.939.

SO WTF is up with WoC is if fixed or not? Obviously it isnt.

-Bronx

jernau
29-10-04, 01:15
In general the Research time was not all that different from the Construction time at the higher levels when you look at equal skill levels. If you want to test the Research time try making a blueprint of a lower TL item that used to be instant for construction but took time for research the changes should have sped up research noticably in that area. The fail rate was main thing decreased for research to better match construction ie...With 100INT & 100RES, you should have the same pass rate on a TL100 item as a constructor with 100INT 100DEX 100CST.

With the next patch or so you should notice more of a difference mission wise, since the changes included with this patch allow me more flexability with the mission items time/difficulty wise.
Cool. I guess that means that 2xTL is now not really needed then. Any blow against specialisation gets my vote even with all the time I spent on my resser.

One thing I always wondered : Is there more than one failure calculation, ie %age chance to fail at no loss, %chance to lose cube, etc. or is it one roll to decide the fail and then one to pick the type?

Btw - the RES missions are pretty nice as they are. What are you planning for them? (If you can tell us that is)

Darkener
29-10-04, 01:38
OK WoC must still be bugged all to hell.

I wen to the temple in F 02 with.......

1. Ceres Disc
2. 2 million creds
3. PSI hard capped at ...172.354.939

I talked to the Savant he said blah blah blah took my 2 mil and ceres disc and said good luck.

Well then I went to level with my bud. I spent about i hour and my EXP DID NOT MORE AT ALL. it bounced up, but would bounce right back down to 172.354.939.

SO WTF is up with WoC is if fixed or not? Obviously it isnt.

-Bronx

Exactly what a load of crap . One of the reasons ive been busting my ass the past while to make money is the WoC we missed it lastweek and it was held off a week for what to be bugged again like what the hell. I upgraded for the high level content the WoC one of the things i could do on my tank that wasn't the same old pvp crap.

I wouldnt even mind but they fucked up your pvp with the likes of the HC weapon Pull the crap PSI animations. Don't even try PVP in a zone with more than 10 People [ edited ] because your FPS is so crap and then theres the memory leak if it goes to low it crash's my pc or takes 15 mins to exit a game.

Oh but hey now we have theme weeks when they fix something that we paid for already that shouldn't be broken so for my 2 account upgraded and paid for about 9 months and upgrade fees thats about 100 euros i got ripped off for. Are the patchs actually tested or is it hit and miss try it out and if it doesnt work we will do it later ???I suppose one good thing of the theme week is we will have some events theres always that.

Carinth
29-10-04, 01:38

Why do you still maintain that res and const speeds are comparable? I just did some testing to show that nothing has changed, speedwise. Starting with my resser fully buffed with imps and glove, and then removing items until she was at her base res with no imps glove or buff. I researched a TL20 Booster3 three times at each point, which is instant for Constructors.

211 RES, 133 INT, 93 DEX : 5.67s, 5.53s, 5.50s

180 RES, 123 INT, 93 DEX: 5.30s, 5.39s, 5.60s

145 RES, 99 INT, 78 DEX: 5.22s, 5.36s, 5.53s

It's odd that the time went down but I just figure that's due to latancy. In no case did the speed ever drop below 5 seconds, for the most part it was near 6 seconds. How many times have I said a research always takes 6 seconds nomatter what the skill (once above 100 or so)? Research always takes significantly longer then construction, and research time does not decrease above a certain level.

As a side note, why is DEX even considered for research? We don't gain dex exp while researching, so it shouldn't be part of the formula.

Dirus
29-10-04, 01:41
One thing I always wondered : Is there more than one failure calculation, ie %age chance to fail at no loss, %chance to lose cube, etc. or is it one roll to decide the fail and then one to pick the type?

Btw - the RES missions are pretty nice as they are. What are you planning for them? (If you can tell us that is)

Wether or not theres code for what gets lost I can't say since I have no clue myself. I don't deal with the main source code of the game, just the def's & scripts for the most part.

The Research/Construction Items are more or less an idea of mine to help tradeskillers level. Right now theres the main items for research & construction, and unfortunately no you can't use the items given by the npc in the research missions as the item required for the construction missions the research items are 1 version higher. Main reason was to stop potential exploiting from happening while helping the constructors level on their own easier.

Once I get the main scripts done (almost done the reworks of the construction scripts to give broken items to the player) I have to finish naming all the items. Once thats done then I can create the proper item parts breakdown then incorporate the Recycle Mission part of the system into the whole thing as they'll be making the subparts required for the main items.

From there I was looking into making new missions for non-tradeskillers based off the same items. Such as possibly Smuggler missions ie.. one where a TG has to get into some part of Neocron and meet an npc/player retrieve an item like a CopBot Communications chip and take it back to DoY.

More or less I'm trying to tie as much of the game's systems and enviroment into the project as possible.

I'm trying to get the system working first however and I'll concentrate on names and descriptions later. Unfortunately the whole thing is going to be a somewhat slow process as I still have other things I must work on as well.

Why do you still maintain that res and const speeds are comparable? I just did some testing to show that nothing has changed, speedwise. Starting with my resser fully buffed with imps and glove, and then removing items until she was at her base res with no imps glove or buff. I researched a TL20 Booster3 three times at each point, which is instant for Constructors.

211 RES, 133 INT, 93 DEX : 5.67s, 5.53s, 5.50s

180 RES, 123 INT, 93 DEX: 5.30s, 5.39s, 5.60s

145 RES, 99 INT, 78 DEX: 5.22s, 5.36s, 5.53s

It's odd that the time went down but I just figure that's due to latancy. In no case did the speed ever drop below 5 seconds, for the most part it was near 6 seconds. How many times have I said a research always takes 6 seconds nomatter what the skill (once above 100 or so)? Research always takes significantly longer then construction, and research time does not decrease above a certain level.

As a side note, why is DEX even considered for research? We don't gain dex exp while researching, so it shouldn't be part of the formula.

Res & Con speeds are somewhat comparable in batch lots, not 1 vs 1. That is research 10 items record how long it took, then do the same and compare the time taken. The code was adjusted this patch, so it may still need to be tweaked a bit to get it right in the time area. Research was faster in batch jobs back when you needed to manually add the parts to the processor in Construction jobs It's really only been since that was removed did CST become "alot" faster then RES.

DEX is not considered in RES, only in CST.

Dribble Joy
29-10-04, 01:47
Lupus, you don't have any idea why camo PEPA is BD do you?

I rekon it's someones evil plot to depress me even more.

jernau
29-10-04, 01:48
Sounds cool. I actually saw you post something similar before and it sounds like a lot of work for one volunteer. Hope it all comes together.

I was more curious about the "flexability with the mission items time/difficulty wise" part. Does that mean they may become easier, harder, quicker, slower or just different.

Dirus
29-10-04, 01:52
Lupus, you don't have any idea why camo PEPA is BD do you?

I rekon it's someones evil plot to depress me even more.

Not atm sorry. I haven't had a chance to inquire about it yet.

Sounds cool. I actually saw you post something similar before and it sounds like a lot of work for one volunteer. Hope it all comes together.

I was more curious about the "flexability with the mission items time/difficulty wise" part. Does that mean they may become easier, harder, quicker, slower or just different.

I have the ability to manually set the time & difficulty of the items both in build and research. I'm going to try and aim at adjusting them so the leveling speed mission wise better matches the rate at which a combat char levels. Adjusting the difficulty may not be needed anymore however.

Carinth
29-10-04, 02:02
Res & Con speeds are somewhat comparable in batch lots, not 1 vs 1. That is research 10 items record how long it took, then do the same and compare the time taken. The code was adjusted this patch, so it may still need to be tweaked a bit to get it right in the time area. Research was faster in batch jobs back when you needed to manually add the parts to the processor in Construction jobs It's really only been since that was removed did CST become "alot" faster then RES.

DEX is not considered in RES, only in CST.

Thanks for the reply : )
I don't understand how it could be any different to research a single item or a "batch" of items. A batch is simply a series of single items done one after the other. The time to do a batch would just be the time it takes to do a single item times how many you have.. Unless the formula checks how many you've done within a certain amount of time? That would be interesting.. the more you research in a row the faster you get?

Dirus
29-10-04, 02:05
Thanks for the reply : )
I don't understand how it could be any different to research a single item or a "batch" of items. A batch is simply a series of single items done one after the other. The time to do a batch would just be the time it takes to do a single item times how many you have.. Unless the formula checks how many you've done within a certain amount of time? That would be interesting.. the more you research in a row the faster you get?

No, I'm more or less getting at the fact that a Researcher just has to hit "start" over and over to do batch jobs, where as the constructor has to "atleast" put a new bp into the processor after every item if not remove the old one as well. It's not just the time it takes the game to do its thing I'm taking into account, I'm also taking the interactions needed on the player's side into account as well.

jernau
29-10-04, 02:09
I have the ability to manually set the time & difficulty of the items both in build and research. I'm going to try and aim at adjusting them so the leveling speed mission wise better matches the rate at which a combat char levels. Adjusting the difficulty may not be needed anymore however.Wow, that's sounds like a big change.

Then again, now I look at it : currently the top RES mission takes me about 5 mins (3x81 seconds plus a bit of running about and clicking). For that you get 1300 to all skills and 163,680 (3x54,560) to INT from the RES itself which is pretty healthy compared to the old missions. It's not up there with caving but it sure beats Warbots or Hoverthingies. It is mind numbingly dull however unless you have a book to read/movie to watch while you do them.

Bronx
29-10-04, 02:10
Lupus,

Do care to reply to why WoC isnt working yet?

Dirus
29-10-04, 02:11
Lupus,

Do care to reply to why WoC isnt working yet?

I would if it was something I've been working on, unfortunately theres only so many things I can work on at once, and WoC isn't one of them so :confused:

Tratos
29-10-04, 02:28
I would if it was something I've been working on, unfortunately theres only so many things I can work on at once, and WoC isn't one of them so :confused:

Could you ask around? or maybe see if there will be a statement about it?

Seven
29-10-04, 02:44
OMG this poor guy.

shend
29-10-04, 09:26
many thanx for taking care of the drone bug
i'll check it out this evening
many, many many many many thanx

thank u

thanx for trying to fix the bug
however
atm its not fixed at all
the missing drones don't re-appear

still, i'm glad it's on the priority list

keep up the good work and the communication

Kopaka
29-10-04, 11:14
fix the backbones ? o0
ppl would love that tbh

Dribble Joy
29-10-04, 11:23
All level 2-3 Backbones have been added to the basic implant vendors as of Patch 115-116
There.

Kopaka
29-10-04, 11:24
must have missed that part, thnx

Crest
29-10-04, 13:00
- Fixed bugs in the Biotech, Crahn and Twilight Guardian Epic Runs.
- Greatly increased the drop rate for parts required to build Codebreakers in the Hacknet.

Anyone want to fill me in on these 2 items
1) What was the bug for Bio, as I completed the epic last week and it seemed fine
2) Anyone got the recipes for these and where to get the junk ?

Darth Slayer
29-10-04, 13:03
When I log Scorpius on later I'll check his Int xp but as of last night in the Graves it had gone to about 173 mill so his int xp was increasing.

Scorpius.

amputator
29-10-04, 13:24
the exp is increasing for about a mil and jumps back to 172 mil

El_MUERkO
29-10-04, 13:39
Do we need a billion XP to get WC level 5?

Dribble Joy
29-10-04, 13:41
Do we need a billion XP to get WC level 5?
No.

one billion, one hundred and sixty million xp :p.

El_MUERkO
29-10-04, 13:45
FUCK OFF!!!

Really, thats about the most retarded thing I have ever heard...

1,160,000,000 XP

bahahahahahahaha

Dirus
29-10-04, 14:07
Anyone want to fill me in on these 2 items
1) What was the bug for Bio, as I completed the epic last week and it seemed fine

More or less it was a fix to stop the players from losing epic related items when they're taken by the npc and the dialog is interrupted by something like lag / player or npc was killed / other bug. Not all the epics have this fix in place yet however.

inforMation
29-10-04, 14:43
is there any chance that thanny or snow can post about woc xp still not going past cap?

Crest
29-10-04, 15:06
More or less it was a fix to stop the players from losing epic related items when they're taken by the npc and the dialog is interrupted by something like lag / player or npc was killed / other bug. Not all the epics have this fix in place yet however.

Thanks, I assume TG is cool, as we doing that now ... thanks for feedback

Nicor
29-10-04, 18:38
is there any chance that thanny or snow can post about woc xp still not going past cap?

When I see how much time and how many patch they need in to correct that silly bug, and how fast KK answer our questions about Ceres, I can hardly believe it. I wonder if all this is not done on purpose.

Can someone tell me how difficult it is to change a figure in a program, like putting a "2" instead of a "1" in "172000000", or adding one more "0" at the end of it. Apparently, it takes 1 month to KK to perfom this change. Who said they are slow at correcting bugs?

Tratos
29-10-04, 18:45
WoC Statement By Thanatos (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=117437)