PDA

View Full Version : DumB & DumbeR

Mr Friendly
28-10-04, 05:20
okay, to start off, my friend scott & I were having a chat on the movie "dumb & dumber". i say its the greatest comedy - legend, etc. neway, scott is the type whos a gamer, spends 70% his time playin games, patrollin his game forums, 20% his time sleeping, & 10% of his time day dreaming, also somewhere in there he goes to his college classes :p

neway, i say "dumb & dumber" is to comedy, what "indiana jones" is to adventure etc. my friend scott claims no way for dumb & dumber & that bruce almighty was funnier.

SO, who do u agree with of which movie is the legend of comedy.
#1 Dumb & Dumber
#2 Bruce Almighty

ANSWERS:
1. Dumb & Dumber
2. Bruce Almighty

Glok
28-10-04, 05:27
Jackass the movie. Nothing is funnier than people intentionally hurting themselves. :p

SorkZmok
28-10-04, 05:33
http://interwaryears.8m.net/marx.gif
Definately the Marx brothers (http://www.marx-brothers.org/)

MaGn0lia
28-10-04, 11:33
All hail Marx Brothers, never seen anything funnier than their comedies, and comedy central stand ups, these new "obvious comedies" are funny only to drughazed junkies with 20% brain power left.

Cytaur
28-10-04, 11:53
D&D is technically a legend because its older than B.A. :)

Jesterthegreat
28-10-04, 11:55
Dumb & Dumber (i assume you are talkin the origional here :D) is definatly better

:edit: given the choice of any movie i would say Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure is up there...

-=BlackBeard=-
28-10-04, 12:17
yeah dumb and dumber is deff

but in my opinion the film that has made me laugh the most has to be

dodgeball :D

Bugs Gunny
28-10-04, 12:50
Monty Python rules all.

Spermy
28-10-04, 12:53
Monty python

Marx brothers.

Simple as.

Jim carey is a freaking idiot. You are not funny just because you can wave your arms around a bit. Oh, and occasionally pull a strange face.

Jesterthegreat
28-10-04, 12:56
Monty python

Marx brothers.

Simple as.

Jim carey is a freaking idiot. You are not funny just because you can wave your arms around a bit. Oh, and occasionally pull a strange face.

haha... why didnt i mention monty python... :eek:

Bugs Gunny
28-10-04, 12:58
Monty python is the way to test people's maturity. I can get entertained by some other movies, but it's entertained, not humored.

There's many levels to humor. Some is just simple and rude. It's ok, but the multi layer humor is way better. Especialy since those movies can be watched many times as each time you discover more.

And on a side note, i'm sure those guys were doing drugs when they made up those movies :-)

Spermy
28-10-04, 13:06
Jackass the movie. Nothing is funnier than people intentionally hurting themselves. :p

Laughs at Glok thinking :lol:

That film sucked dude - technically they all qualify as that dickhead at parties who will do anything you ask him to, just because someone will laugh and he'll be in the centre of attention. But wait... I'm not laughing with him - I'm asking him to run in front of a bus - purely because I know he will...

=/

Bugs Gunny
28-10-04, 13:18
Oh i forgot, Rowan Atkinson.

Classic scene where he buys a couch and drives it home on the roof of his minni.

Or the scene where he wants to paint his living room.

Or even the scene where he has a sandwich lunch next to another guy on a park bench.

I've seen dumb and dumber and the sequel and also the whole series of American pie, Road Trip, etc.... It's the same flat jokes over and over.

MaGn0lia
28-10-04, 14:28
How bout Mr. Bean mailing himself a christmast card, that was a classic, did that once to myself :p

I like Monty python and Mr. Bean and Spaced (simon pegg, the writer of shaun of the dead) as much as the next man, but occasionally I feel Monty is like watching hours on end of roadrunner and wily.e.coyote falling off from a cliff on a loop.

Will Farrel, Jerry Seinfeld and Jim Gaffigan are the greatest of comedians (prolly some I forget)

But they don't make comedies as they used to make *sigh* and I'm not referring to national lampoosh or Leslie Nielsen god no, I hate the man.

Birkoff
28-10-04, 14:34
D&D sucked..... its that kinda comedy you have to be into and i dunno i really hated it... only good thing about it was we wasted about 6 shity religious education lessons watching it :)

Monty python is teh win.... laods of great comedy out there.
Not a film but new series of little britain ATM.... w00t.

Spermy
28-10-04, 14:40
OMFG!!!

That series - what's it called?!

Grumpy old men or summat - Now that is quality!

Glok
28-10-04, 15:46
ahhhhhhh! I forgot Mr Bean! Classic. :lol:

Mal
28-10-04, 16:07
My favorites are (in no particular order)

Monty Python
Dogma
Bruce Almighty
A Knights Tale
Toy Story (don't flame me on this one, it's classic)
Ice Age
True Lies (It's an action comedy so I'm inserting this one at a push)

r3yka
28-10-04, 16:22
the life of brian > all

"ur a woman?"
"no no sir im a R oman"
"slap him centuwion"

lolz

"is there something funny about my freinds name, Biggus Dickus"

lolz that film is too funny

mishkin
28-10-04, 16:29
Dumb and Dumber is, of course, the better one. - Don't say anything bad about carrey, although the movies he's been in have gone from great to not so great over the years... bruce almighty was funny, but not REALLY funny. Ace Ventura - When nature calls, or Me, Myself and Irene, now those are REALLY funny :D

If I made a list of what I like most, it'd be something like...
Mr. Bean
Black Adder
Ace Ventura
Futurama
The Simpsons
Family Guy
:angel:

MaGn0lia
28-10-04, 16:45
Yeah well things like The Simpsons and Family guy are classics, and if you want intelligent comedy, watch anything written/directed by Kevin Smith (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back, Jersey Girl), I just can't get enough of his work.

Glad he is making Clerks 2

Jesterthegreat
28-10-04, 16:50
the life of brian > all

"ur a woman?"
"no no sir im a R oman"
"slap him centuwion"

lolz

"is there something funny about my freinds name, Biggus Dickus"

lolz that film is too funny

He's not a messiah... hes a very naughty boy!

Mr Friendly
28-10-04, 22:04
yeah dumb and dumber is deff

but in my opinion the film that has made me laugh the most has to be

dodgeball :D
dodgeball omfg :lol: i actually thought that movie was gunna be funny man....i coulda spent time i wasted watchin that movie with my GF whom was with me... ;) :mad:

neway, im not sayin about ANY comedy movie, just between those 2 i listed, which is better?

Underground
28-10-04, 22:16
Fuck films and tv tbh, watch someone like phill kay, eddie izzard or lee evans, modern day legends imo

Odin
28-10-04, 22:19
Comedy is always a matter of taste.

Heck I thought Natural Born Killers was a great comedy :D

Sakletare
28-10-04, 22:39
Don't forget MASH. :)

Mal
28-10-04, 22:53
He's not a messiah... hes a very naughty boy!

I wasn't picking it, I was scratching it!

But imo, I think Dumb and Dumber were about equal. I seriously pissed myself at Much Ado About Nothing (the version with Keneth Branagh). The timing and absolute excelence just enhanced an already out-ragiously amazing Shakespeare play :)

Jesterthegreat
28-10-04, 23:25
MASK... old school cartoons > you

Mr Friendly
29-10-04, 01:34
Comedy is always a matter of taste.

Heck I thought Natural Born Killers was a great comedy :D

well heh, least it matches with ur name :p Odin being the demon of evil er summin i think?...looked it up like 8 monthsa ago or so @_@

QuantumDelta
29-10-04, 02:22
well heh, least it matches with ur name :p Odin being the demon of evil er summin i think?...looked it up like 8 monthsa ago or so @_@
Use Google before you post -_-

---

SpaceBalls or Robin Hood Men in Tights.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Something came out "recently" and had the whole cinema in stitches when we went...can't remember what it was though Oo

joran420
29-10-04, 02:24
i hated bruce almighty

Jesterthegreat
29-10-04, 02:40
SpaceBalls or Robin Hood Men in Tights.

definatly agreed... spaceballs is a fantastic film and men in tights is hilarious (although i havent seen it in a while)

Spermy
29-10-04, 12:01
Monkey dust.

FANTASTIC satire.

Can't find the Dvd's anywhere though.

MaGn0lia
29-10-04, 12:59
ONOZ!

well heh, least it matches with ur name Odin being the demon of evil er summin i think?...looked it up like 8 monthsa ago or so @_@

Let me enlighten you, Odin is a norse god, a god of wisdom and war, he is something for norce mythos that Zeus was in Greek mythos, a father for some (Thor, Baldur and Vali) and usually tought as supreme god in Norse mythos.

Nothing near a vile deamon or evil (loki).

Mr Friendly
30-10-04, 23:28
Use Google before you post -_-

meh, lazyness is addictive :p

ONOZ!

Let me enlighten you, Odin is a norse god, a god of wisdom and war

god of war, bingo but i dun see how there was multiple gods of war?....Ares..

_ _ _ _ _
meh, men in tights is lame humor :\
spaceballs is classic though

Spermy
30-10-04, 23:45
meh, lazyness is addictive :p

god of war, bingo but i dun see how there was multiple gods of war?....Ares..

_ _ _ _ _
meh, men in tights is lame humor :\
spaceballs is classic though

Different religions dude - maybe a little hard to grasp - but different people have different belief systems.

dem0n
31-10-04, 00:00
I think "The ring" was the funniest movie ever, no wait "Dawn of the dead"

Spermy
31-10-04, 00:02
there's another one coming out like the ring - the grudge.

Looks coolish.

Jesterthegreat
31-10-04, 01:00
i laughed at how crappy Shaun of the dead was... but i didnt find any of it funny...

im awaiting the prequal to the exorcist... but thats a whole different genre

Mr Friendly
31-10-04, 10:09
Different religions dude - maybe a little hard to grasp - but different people have different belief systems.

my point being ares is the god of war, why would there be another

Omnituens
31-10-04, 10:27
SpaceBalls and Robin Hood Men in Tights are amazing

Futurama > Simpsons

D&D > Bruce Almighty (its close though)

Jesterthegreat
31-10-04, 17:04

you mean "you believe" Ares is the god of war?

beliefs are not universal. fanbois believe NC2 is the best game ever... people who have quit think it sucks... they cant both be right, but they think they are :)

Spermy
31-10-04, 20:12

Because he's not the NORSE god of war - he's the greek one ( I think it's greek.)

Tratos
31-10-04, 20:42
i thought Shaun of the Dead was funneh :( lol

Family Guy > Simpsons + Futurama put together :D

Clownst0pper
31-10-04, 20:52
Simpsons is funny- wait, Homer is!

All Pixars movies are funny as fuck.

Monty Python is hilarious.

Phoenix Nights is funny as fuck also.

MkVenner
31-10-04, 22:03
Robin Hood men in tights is funny as hell, D&D is funny as well, didnt find bruce almighty that funny, simpson and futurama and family guy are funny as hell, monty python's and Marx brothers films are classics. I dont think any one's mentioned Theres something about mary i almost pissed myself at that one, and dodgeball i found really funny as well, oh yeah, and i loved How High, that was funny

oh yeah, and i dunno if you can class it, but Red VS Blue is a riot, pretty intelligent humour at times...

Spermy
01-11-04, 00:04
Top comedians in my books

Phil jupitus
Dave Spikey
Peter Kay
Billy Connolly
Lee Evans
David Badiel
Frank Skinner

MkVenner
01-11-04, 01:01
my list would be the same, cept add alan davies, and Mark LaMarr has his moments

Tratos
01-11-04, 01:15
my list would be the same, cept add alan davies, and Mark LaMarr has his moments

Surely you mean Mark Llama (http://www.rathergood.com/mark/)?

Jesterthegreat
02-11-04, 17:43
i thought Shaun of the Dead was funneh :( lol

Family Guy > Simpsons + Futurama put together :D

i'd say family guy > futurama > simpsons...

simpsons is runnin outa jokes these days... futurama is good, family guy is great :)