PDA

View Full Version : Well, The time has come...

Underground
27-10-04, 22:36
I didnt think I would be saying this for a while atleast, however, ive become increasingly bored of neocron over the last few months, mostly due to not liking the majority of the current community, and through alot of my good friends leaving the game already, neocron has lost its buzz and appeal.

My main problem, is the performance, the gameplay is still good, and the PvP is the best in the market, however, the game is geared up for OP fights and I used to love OP fights, With TR/GEF/TA/NDA/DarK/AYB/FAnG, However now it has come to the point where neocron is running like utter shit on my PC, My Melee tank Fenix Runs so fast that my PC running at 3-5 FPS during OP wars seems to have some kinda of haemmoraghe and most the times just flat out dies on me, I dont get it as i get 70-90 FPS in doom 3, and RYL runs sweet as a nut O_o however it is practically unplayable in OP fights due to this.

Anyways, Ive played since Beta2, still have my hand written beta disk, played beta 3 and some of 4, still got the cocked up disks where 1 and 2 were labelled the wrong way around :lol: :p, Met alot of people back then, and played with them on pluto pretty much the whole time, then started on saturn for a while and played in NewDawn as Draven.

This game has been great, I Have some awesome memories, the buzz that I used to get from the PvP is something that i miss greatly, going against the odds with the commonly believed gimpage that was lowtech melee before the boost, with Rade, SiRoX and Myself proving otherwise on pluto, Melee didnt need a bost atall, it was perfectly fine, mebbe the only class in the game that used to require a length of actually learning the playstyle required, you couldnt just pick up melee and be good with it, and thats why alot of people thought it was the gimpage of all classes. Anyways, rambling on, Just wanna say thanks to a list of people that have made my neocron time a good time.

Firstly, ReaKKtor, you have made a great game, still has so much potential, however its running a little dry for alot of the long time players, youve put so much work into it and I appreciate that, however personally, its time for me to move on, the novelty has gone and its a grind for me to log on, and then realise that there is actually nothing more for me to do or achieve.

Thanatos/Carbonite/CoDi, You guys have been great, the three of you put so much work and heart into the game, and also take the time to be public on the forums and ingame, its something to admire.

Serve, Yea he was ******** at times, but was a good leader, made the game alotta fun while i was first in TG, TR/TA/GEF were great clans that had some great OP fights

Centuri/Anima/Polarity/NDA, The most fun clan I was in, first clan that had a proper community feel within neocron, the leaders put so much effort into the clan ingame and out of game, hope to catch you guys up in another game sometime, to tbh, i dont like that elves n faeries crap your playing atm :p

Rizzy, God bless ya, ya northern tosser ;)

Shujin, yer crazy, get back on MSN some more... ;D

Nidhogg, I still remember when you were a newbie mod, and you didnt realise that you were on your normal forum user account, and posted as nidhogg, out of the 2 people in the whole community to realise, you musta wanted to die when you realised it was SigmaHex and \\Fényx// :lol: Anyways, youve been a great mod, alot more flexible then alotta mods on forums, but you still didnt take any shit, props to that, and i know ive given more shit out then most :p great sense of humor aswell over most things.

Photcron, met you very early in retail, good friend back then, and also a great model skinner ;) good luck in future man, probably wont speak to you again as ive not seen you in a while :(

Other peeps i wanna mention are:

Aphrodite, QD, Cliffraiser, Kayne, Flyk, Flyl, Rince, Hinch, Elrik, Jernau, Ezza, Spacey, Dr Quinn, The One Ring0, Kibbs, Jabu Sydi, RuButt, Ascention, Zai, ebe, Warrior, Ryuben, Stavr0s, Fred1, MeGaMaN, PsychoKilla, d1sh0n3st, Mablet, Aule_, Rjn, Demon, Harbinger, jest, NcJunkie, Pi-Oh-Pah, Oath, Scikar, Potsy, etc, etc...

Theres too many to name but you all know who you are.

If Anyone wants to contact me, my MSN is fenix@emailaccount.com and ICQ is 71802097, Email is underground04@emailaccount.com
I cant believe its been what, 3-3.5 years already ? Possibly more, dunno, cant remember, but neocron isnt something i will forget, Ill still check on the forums, thats if this account isnt banned for something i did on \\Fényx// a year ago :p :\ and I hope to stay in contact with alot of the people ive met ingame, ive still got 5 months sub on my accounts, so who knows if ill come back. However its gonna take a fair improvement for me to properly start playing again.
Whats been bugging me to the extent of leaving, is that there isnt really anything new to do as such. What ive been hoping for and hyped up for was WoC, However after evaluating it, its simply a rehash of leveling again, its just gonna be slugging it out against xxxx required mobs for hours on end with a PPU mate strapped to my backside, all for a item that will most likely be useless to my loved melee tank, and kept in a cabinet and never see the light of day again.
Theres no real distinguishment between veterans and newbies, other then the probably questions they ask. Theres nothing new to achieve in the 'new game' that is Neocron2, and due to the performance, its now unplayable in OP fights for me :( Ive started BetaTesting the US release of RYL, aswell as playing some old HL mods, and SoF2 again, tho i havent played a fps in so long, that my aimings gone to shit :lol:

Anywyas, Ill talk to some of you guys on MSN, Dont know if ill be back, but maybe, if theres proper new content added, If anyone ask's me for my Zargerus Belt of Protection, your going on the ignore list unless theres cash involved :p ;)

Bye :(

Fenix

Hope to catch up with some of you guys in other games, or if I come back.

.hack//sign
27-10-04, 22:38
bye bye :(

Dribble Joy
27-10-04, 22:39
Noooo!

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 22:43
saw you sayin you were sellin up on trade... never really played the same sever as you but sorry to see you go mate :( keepo in touch on msn :p

deac
27-10-04, 22:49
ok good luck fenix

Gotterdammerung
27-10-04, 22:50
closed as per forum rules and guidelines.

If anyone wishes to send further wishes to underground/fenix please feel free to use e-mail or pm's.

I for one am sad to see another very long time player leave. Good luck in the future