PDA

View Full Version : Loot diversity

SorkZmok
27-10-04, 22:00
Ok, after i've been hunting different types of mobs for quite some time now, i`m bored. Extremely bored.

Warbots = tech junk, armor parts, rareparts
Firemobs = junk, armor parts, sometimes rareparts
Hoverbombers = tech junk, armor parts, rareparts
Decayed Mobs = junk, armor parts, sometimes rareparts

Thats it. And its so damn boring. Could you please change the drop pool? Gimme a rarepart in one out of 1000 launchers, let warbots sometimes drop armor/bones, rarely implants, let firemobs drop crap quality weapons, used spells, broken vehicle keys, whatever.

Just give us more loot. The same 10 items in every mob is just shit.

What about "loot kits" like in SW:G? Works like rareparts that can be put together to get a nice picture or chair for your apt? Special clothes (fix the clothing machine thingies already, im sick of my ugly clothes!) to wear, stuff like that.
For example make it that out of all the items a warbot can drop, 1 to 5 can be junk, 6 and 7 armor/weapon/implant/etc parts, 8 and 9 rareparts and 10 a random item like a loot kit part/implant/old weapon/whatever/broken spell/weird armor. I dont mean all those should drop every time, i.e. 1 to 5 each could have a chance of 50% to drop, 6 and 7 30% 8 and 9 5% and 10 could be 1% or less, so you could end up with 2 different junkpart stacks, a weaponpart 10 and an old weapon.

It cant be too hard to put in some random items with different names on it. Give me collectors stuff!!!1

I know, changing the loot tables caused lots of problems in the past, same with droprates but please give it a try KK. Just think about it! No matter about the priority there...

Xeno LARD
27-10-04, 22:06
I think that'd be a sexual idea. It can get really boring.

Killfly
28-10-04, 00:17
I'd have to agree, especially considering the re-vamped n00b-mobs-drops... Small Sewer Rats drop far better loot now than they did when I first starting playing NC1 (still a shame about the plants not dropping LoMs any more, though), so it's obviously do-able... Another vote for more varied loot from me :)

giga191
28-10-04, 00:20
Just you wait til the 'Loot' theme week

MkVenner
28-10-04, 00:37
yeah that'd be sweet

BunkerBoy
28-10-04, 01:09
they did used to drop experimental bones and such and those fire mobs/decayed used to drop actual armor..but no more it seems.. =(

Jesterthegreat
28-10-04, 01:10
do exp bones drop these days anyway?

Killfly
28-10-04, 01:13
Don't think so, 'cos they're FA FSM items, so...

Jesterthegreat
28-10-04, 01:14
Don't think so, 'cos they're FA FSM items, so...

aha ok then :p