PDA

View Full Version : Kill Counter Idea

Mr Friendly
27-10-04, 20:18
i just had an idea for a kill counter & even an ability that could work with it...

have a kill counter in the info for each weapon of how many runners uve killed with that particular weapon. & i dunno, have a spell and/or weapon that has that adema or w/e that is in Final fantasy that hits u for how many kills u have.
ie: if ur weapon is either equipped or in ur QB, whichever is a better idea, has 50 kills on it, the adema w/e weapon/spell does a potential 50 dmg max to that char. & if 120+ kills, adema w/e has the potential of doin a max of 120 dmg. equal to a HL headshot, but 70% of the time u wont be fightin a guy with that many kills on a weapon equipped etc....

like teh idea? note this is just a base model, altering, modifying etc the idea is coo
to clear it up, the kill counter would go up only 1 time in a row for killin someone. in other words, if someone killed a noob or friend over & over, it wouldnt raise above 1 until a diffrent person was killed.

Xeno LARD
27-10-04, 20:20
Great idea, Have it on the citycom or something. :D

[Edit: After reading your post properly, I think a charecter should have a kill count and not the weapon. What happens if you use more then one weap to kill?]
[Edit #2: Don't make the kill coun alter the weapon's stats. People'd kill n00bs over and over for better weaps]

Mr Friendly
27-10-04, 20:25
Great idea, Have it on the citycom or something. :D

[Edit: After reading your post properly, I think a charecter should have a kill count and not the weapon. What happens if you use more then one weap to kill?]
[Edit #2: Don't make the kill coun alter the weapon's stats. People'd kill n00bs over and over for better weaps]

cant really post on citycom, kinda retired from nc currently lurkin around the forums every few days :p

Xeno LARD
27-10-04, 20:32
Urrgh, no I meant have the char's kills on their profile on the citycom.

Mr Friendly
27-10-04, 20:33
Urrgh, no I meant have the char's kills on their profile on the citycom.

ahh heh kk then, coo

hegemonic
27-10-04, 20:58
i just had an idea for a kill counter & even an ability that could work with it...

Agreed. I like the idea of a character kill-counter, trackable on the CityComs in RUNNER INFO.

have a kill counter in the info for each weapon of how many runners uve killed with that particular weapon. & i dunno, have a spell and/or weapon that has that adema or w/e that is in Final fantasy that hits u for how many kills u have.
ie: if ur weapon is either equipped or in ur QB, whichever is a better idea, has 50 kills on it, the adema w/e weapon/spell does a potential 50 dmg max to that char. & if 120+ kills, adema w/e has the potential of doin a max of 120 dmg. equal to a HL headshot, but 70% of the time u wont be fightin a guy with that many kills on a weapon equipped etc....

Don't like this idea because it promotes killing noobs so you gain a handicap over them for when they CAP their chars and become PvP worthy opponents.

Just a kill-count will do in my opinion.

Good idea modified.

Mr Friendly
27-10-04, 21:01
Don't like this idea because it promotes killing noobs so you gain a handicap over them for when they CAP their chars and become PvP worthy opponents.

Just a kill-count will do in my opinion.

Good idea modified.

thats where this idea fixes that:
"to clear it up, the kill counter would go up only 1 time in a row for killin someone. in other words, if someone killed a noob or friend over & over, it wouldnt raise above 1 until a diffrent person was killed."

Candaman
27-10-04, 21:03
sounds like it would make noob ganking increase so that u can lvl ur 1337 ranking on the citycoms so bad idea

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 21:07
kill counter = good.

weapons improving cos of this = bad.

the good (or noob killers) become better, the not so good becomr emore disadvantaged...

greendonkeyuk
27-10-04, 21:12
goin back a LONG time, there used to be a kill counter for runners. i remember it coz i had like 3 kills on it before they removed it. i killed one guy in the sewer once in pepper park while tryin to heal him coz he was dying and had fatalled. Unfortunately i pressed button 1 instead of 2 and whipped out my budget colt and blew the poor guy away.

i like the idea of Kill counts tbh but only as an information thing, i dont want kill counts to gain people xp or bonuses or anything as its too open to haxploiters. Ie roll an enemy faction noob and gank repeatedly till you got x thousand kills under your belt and a sore mouse finger.

Mr Friendly
27-10-04, 21:16
damn this proves how a sentence can start off as summin then get confused & mixed up by others & be comepletely diff carried on @_@

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

+ok yea ppl would gank noobs more so we'd set it so the counter doesnt go up unless u kill someone at rank 50. this way there wouldnt be anymore noob ganking than there already is

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

& where did u get that it increases the stats of the gun? :wtf: all it does concerning the gun is has the info of how many runners the weapon has been used to kill someone in the info of the weapon...

Mr Friendly
27-10-04, 21:18
i like the idea of Kill counts tbh but only as an information thing, i dont want kill counts to gain people xp or bonuses or anything as its too open to haxploiters. Ie roll an enemy faction noob and gank repeatedly till you got x thousand kills under your belt and a sore mouse finger.

exactly, thats what im sayin...not sayin itll increase the weapon, give u xp, increase ur rank at all, or even cash er summin @_@. just a info thing.
might even increase the selling price of a weapon with high kill count :p

Birkoff
27-10-04, 21:23
Will encorage noob ganking, will make ppl gank a friends noob char, will invite "haha u suck my killcount if 3million * more thna yours", will waste time that could be used doing something worth while.

Glok
27-10-04, 21:27
Let me be the first to say hell no. We don't need any more statistics in this game, we are on the edge of 'counterstrike syndrome' already.

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 21:30
if ur weapon is either equipped or in ur QB, whichever is a better idea, has 50 kills on it, the adema w/e weapon/spell does a potential 50 dmg max to that char. & if 120+ kills, adema w/e has the potential of doin a max of 120 dmg. equal to a HL headshot, but 70% of the time u wont be fightin a guy with that many kills on a weapon equipped etc....

thats where people got increasing stats from... its not stats its damage, but its still not good

BlackDove
27-10-04, 21:31
I don't want people to know how much I suck.

tiikeri
27-10-04, 21:31
Kill counter = Bad, this is not a fucking CS. You shouldn't get frags when you kill s 1, and there's already dogtags.. collect them.

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 21:33
Kill counter = Bad, this is not a fucking CS. You shouldn't get frags when you kill s 1, and there's already dogtags.. collect them.

make dogtags have 0 wieght plz... im sick of having to buy apts for them :p

Mr Friendly
27-10-04, 21:35
thats where people got increasing stats from... its not stats its damage, but its still not good

it doesnt increase the stats or power of ur weapon, only the adema weapon being used against u. in other words, most of the time an adema weapon would suck, unless u use it against someone u know is good & might have a weapon with many kills on it.

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 21:37
it doesnt increase the stats or power of ur weapon, only the adema weapon being used against u. in other words, most of the time an adema weapon would suck, unless u use it against someone u know is good & might have a weapon with many kills on it.

most of the time it would suck? hmm what a way to reward people with the skill and will to fight.

i gotta say im against this then

oh and off topic FFXI casting animation > NC2 casting animation :p

Mr Friendly
27-10-04, 21:42
yea, think of it, a weapon that sux most of the time but if used against someone with a high kill count its like a rifle, pistol, hvy wpn, w/e that does the dmg of an HL. yea that really doesnt reward someone :rolleyes: :p

SorkZmok
27-10-04, 21:43
NO!

Play CS if you want a kill counter.

Mr Friendly
27-10-04, 21:45
& 2ndly, it wasnt my idea to put the kill counter of ur char in the citycom. --->>>

all im sayin is each weapon will have its own individual kill counter for the number of ppl that have died to that weapon, ABOVE ***/50

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 22:12
yea, think of it, a weapon that sux most of the time but if used against someone with a high kill count its like a rifle, pistol, hvy wpn, w/e that does the dmg of an HL. yea that really doesnt reward someone :rolleyes: :p

lovely a weapon that sucks most of the time...

KK if you do decide to put this in please make it optional. i for one dont want my weapon to do crap damage most of the time

Mr Friendly
27-10-04, 22:43
u know i dont post polls for ppl like u or the community @_@, all i post for is to get the idea to KK without sending a mail in & it never being seen by a single GM or even a mod

so lemme guess, by ur saying, u think every single weapon in the game right now does NOT suck most of the time...riiiiiight... @_@

its an addition to weapon info & value of weapons in the game & an addition of a new weapon that can be worthless at some times, & fatal to any class at other times. theres no way to resist the weapon, the weapon does the same dmg to diff ppl who have the same kill count on a weapon

dem0n
27-10-04, 22:45
well maybe the weapon info would be redundant information, but a kill counter definitly, maybe it should log the faction runners you've killed rather than the weapons used. great idea 5 stars :).

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 22:51
u know i dont post polls for ppl like u or the community @_@, all i post for is to get the idea to KK without sending a mail in & it never being seen by a single GM or even a mod

so lemme guess, by ur saying, u think every single weapon in the game right now does NOT suck most of the time...riiiiiight... @_@

its an addition to weapon info & value of weapons in the game & an addition of a new weapon that can be worthless at some times, & fatal to any class at other times. theres no way to resist the weapon, the weapon does the same dmg to diff ppl who have the same kill count on a weapon

actually i dont think most weapons suck most of the time... vs holy buffed chars yes... but thats a whole different issue :p

and ideas like this are just the ones KK pick up on and implement :rolleyes:

Mr Friendly
27-10-04, 22:54
just like the char customization poll i made that's part of why u have a customizable char, u owe me ur panties for that :)

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 22:57
just like the char customization poll i made that's part of why u have a customizable char, u owe me ur panties for that :)

i dont wear panties...

i am not saying dont suggestthings etc... im saying this is not something i personally would like forced on me. others can have their own opinion of course

Mr Friendly
27-10-04, 23:20
to be exact ur disagreeing that a weapon that will suck most of the time, the same as many other weapons that are already in the game, is pointless to create

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 23:23
to be exact ur disagreeing that a weapon that will suck most of the time, the same as many other weapons that are already in the game, is pointless to create

no im saying the weapons are fine as they are.. why make them crap vs lots of people and good vs "leet pkz0rs"?

a kill counter on weapons / chars? ok that could be amusing (I'd like it tbh) however the kill count effecting gameplay in anyway seems bad to me., as i said its just my opinion and if others feel different i have no probs with that