PDA

View Full Version : hax0r newb help

epij
27-10-04, 20:05
ok, i resurrected my old NC1 char ... and am totally clueless about hacknet

first : can you travel in hacknet ? like i'm in MB now and wanna jump over to NC city ... i got pretty high hacking from NC1 (about 100) though...

second : where is a hacknet entry at MB ?

thirdly : what do i need for hacknet ? i saw modules around which are aparently for combat... i just want to travel for now. is this faster than taking on some decent distance by normal walk ?

fourthly: any hacknet noob guides? : /

eLcHi
28-10-04, 09:50
There sure are guides around but i dunno where ;)

Here (http://www.elchtown.de/neocron/hacknet.jpg) you have a logical map of the Hacknet so you know where to go.

You enter the hacknet trough a GR ... just whip out your Hacktool and hack the GR

Except for special conditions you always start in your Faction-DNS regardless of where you hacked. From there you should have no trouble going to NC. I don`t know about going to DoY because i`m not quite sure if the Pro-Doy-Hacknet-Mobs in the Doy-connected uplinks attack CM. In the Travel links are normal Mobs that will attack anyone ... but you should be fast enough to run past them. Just go try that out ...

[KoS]Brad
28-10-04, 10:28
I've been from MB to NC and DoY, took me about 5-10 minutes to get to DoY, a little longer for NC but its all easy if you have health/hacknet heal/good resists. The modules can pack quite a punch...

cMz
28-10-04, 10:38
One good thing about traveling in HackNet is that you dont have Synaptic Impairment when you get out of the GR.

epij
01-11-04, 04:11
does anyone have a formula how damage in hacknet is calculated ? so i know where to push the skillpoints in.

i suppose the hacking subskill does, but is there anything else ? TC or willpower maybe ?

cheers

shardl0r
05-11-04, 02:26
1) You can travel through hacknet to either city or any of the Ops. The only exit points in the cities are through faction HQ's. In order to get through to either city you have to pass along travelways and through uplinks which are guarded by turrets. These turrets are of the 'main' faction for each city, being CA for NC and TG for DoY. Since you are CM, you're hostile to TG, and so you can't get to DoY without having to fight the turrets which, without high lvls of hack 150+ and lvl 3 software, will waste you before you've finished zoning - do not be fooled by thier 30/30 rank. You can however travel to NC - but you must pass through various travel zones that contain corrupt ICMP ping packets (basic mobs).
Before they put in the change that causes you to bounce until the zone has loaded completed you were able to run through the zone before the mobs spawned - now however you can't and so I don't recommend travelling until you have a decent lvl 1 or 2 regen and defence software or you will get wasted. There are 3 types of ping packets you will face, but one type (100/100's) only appear on the route to TH. You have to face 2 zones of 80/80's and 4 zones of 60/60's before you reach the City hacknet server.

2)You can enter hacknet at any GR by......hacking the GR :) You can also enter straight an OP's hacknet once you have 3 barriers down by hacking that op's GR, otherwise you will always appear in your faction DNS.

3) You need high lvls of HCK, ENR and XRY to survive, and TC to fight. It is faster in some ways, and slower in others depending on where you are going. A typical example would be from Northstar to Yutano as pro-nc.
As for the modules, there are two types - multilink and regular flavours. Regular is what everyone uses - multilink is apparently group - but I can't seem to get it to work properly. Attack software does what it says on the tin, regen software is a heal, defence software is a shelter. Imps and armour do not work in hacknet, its considered a warzone for droprules.

4) Quoted directly from Lupus in this thread here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1639058#post1639058)

Originally Posted by Lupus
Ok, heres the Hacknet stuff. I had this posted in the Hacknet thread, but that's gone with the Open Beta Forums.

Hacknet Skills

Health = INT 10% + HCK 30% + HLT 60%
Stamina = INT 10% + HCK 30% + END 60%
Hack = INT 10% + HCK 30% + TC 60%

HackNet Weapon

Dmg, Hnd, Rng = INT 0.1(10%) + HCK 0.5(50%) + TC 0.4(40%)

As for an update to the skills guide. I'll get to that as soon as possible. Tho I currently have a few other higher priority projects on the go.

Hope thats some help,

shRd-