PDA

View Full Version : NC2 Planfile #1: Theme Weeks

Holger Nathrath
27-10-04, 19:26
Link to the planfile (http://cp.neocron.com/5/planfiles?lang=en&id=45&) (same content as this post)

Foreword:
We are determined to improve the communication with the community and to allow you to take a closer look at our development process. We thought about a good way to do this for a while. A simple, general communication can not always be guaranteed due to our work load. Therefore we will weave the communication with you into the development process. We will introduce a new system shortly: Theme Weeks.

Theme Weeks:
These theme weeks will describe the central focus of the current development process as well as different activities revolving around the central theme.

We have plans for things like contests and theme-related events. Of course the details will depend on the respective themes.

Internally, all departments (if possible) will work on the week’s theme. This means bug fixing as well as developing and implementing new content.

At the end of each of theme weeks, a closure event is planned using the new features and content.

Communication:
To be able to communicate all of this properly and efficiently, we will open threads in a new forum section specific to the theme weeks.
These will contain content plans, an area for reports and more. The threads will be monitored by us and the reports will be added to a „known issues“ list. This list will also reflect the development status of all the points on it. The list will be available from the same forum section. Both the known problems as well as their status will be documented.

Limits:
The duration of the theme weeks will be between 1 and 3 weeks depending on the theme. Should any problems remain after the set time limit (which will most likely happen occasionally), these problems will have to be postponed.

All sides will have to live with this. Without setting time limits, some themes would block the pipeline for other themes for too long.

KK Team:
The themes from the theme weeks are the team’s top priority.

Conclusion:
This system will clearly show you what we are working on and what improvements you can expect in the time to come. In addition, we hope to be able to offer you new content and additional ingame entertainment related to the theme.

Start date:
We have to clear up some questions internally and distribute the tasks. Therefore we will need a few more days to set everything up. We hope to be able to start the first theme week sometime next week. We will inform you in due time.

Omnituens
27-10-04, 19:26
wooooooooooooooooooooooo 1st post :D :D

nice, just skim read really, reading now

joran420
27-10-04, 19:28
yeh all those fucks that think u guys just laze about will finally see

cool....I know u guys are bustin ass anyway :p

Tratos
27-10-04, 19:30
Hmm..... Sounds interesting. O_o :D

I look forward to seeing what this entails, heh, out of interest will the ingame side of these theme weeks occur on Pandore? or will the french server only recieve the content?

plague
nice.... :D

QuantumDelta
Very Very Impressed.

Spermy
Top dollar!

/Me wonders what the first theme is going to be

Dribble Joy
27-10-04, 19:32
Interesting.

Endar
27-10-04, 19:42
Sounds sweet :)

Maester Seymour
27-10-04, 19:52
Sounds great :D

Xeno LARD
27-10-04, 19:53
Brilliant, Fucking excellent. KK I'm starting to KKeep the faith :D.

SorkZmok
27-10-04, 19:54
SEX!!1

Uh, damn minimum post length. :p

giga191
27-10-04, 19:58
Me no understand. Someone tell me what they mean by the themes coz I'm stupid.

Holger Nathrath
27-10-04, 20:29
- Vehicle weeks
- Droner weeks
- Hacknet weeks

Stuff like that. In each phase we will fix as many bugs as possible, implant as many new content as possible, do as nice events as possible and so on, all regarding the center theme :)

We'll try to choose the focus themes according to the needs of the players and the product.

Birkoff
27-10-04, 20:29
Sounds somewhat sexy, I won't believe it till i see it but if it goes like it reads then this is a HUGE step in the right direection.

We will know what you actually plan to do and see what is done. Don't organise to much for a given period and you will have a happy community once more :)

:D :lol: :D

Good luck :)

//Edit

It will start before or after you finally implement WOC? <-- Would be nice to have a official word and not have to wait to see the patch notes tomorrow, am I dreaming again?

Glok
27-10-04, 20:34
Will this include kind of a 'dev diary'?

CoDi: I worked on the skybox drone bug for 3 hours today, trying to find the cause. I made some progress, but when I tested the code, drones turned into small sewer rats. I will need to work on this some more...

Stuff like that would be uber. :D

-Demon-
27-10-04, 20:40

CoDi: I worked on the skybox drone bug for 3 hours today, trying to find the cause. I made some progress, but when I tested the code, drones turned into small sewer rats. I will need to work on this some more...

Stuff like that would be uber. :D

Wow uber rats from above...

"Omg its teh rats get the ug now!!!"

"Damn Cannings got one on his leg and died"

muhahaha

On topic : Damn excellent idea1!!!

Xeno LARD
27-10-04, 20:40
- Vehicle weeks
- Droner weeks
- Hacknet weeks

Stuff like that. In each phase we will fix as many bugs as possible, implant as many new content as possible, do as nice events as possible and so on, all regarding the center theme :)

We'll try to choose the focus themes according to the needs of the players and the product.

Reasurring to note that droning's at the top of your list.

@Glok: That would be awesome. And nice example.

Holger Nathrath
27-10-04, 20:44
Not really because we dont have the time for a real 'dev diary'. The past already proved that :p

But we hope it will be a powerfull surrogate ;)

Fiskarn
27-10-04, 20:48
This is going to be good.. :)

Holger Nathrath
Reasurring to note that droning's at the top of your list..

I didn't put the Drones at the top of the list in order to make it not to easy to guess the first theme ;)

Tratos
/me sticks mit in air :)

Mr Nathrath,
EDIT - Yeah my question made no scence

In these theme week events will new areas such as the Viarosso Zoo be opened? as well as the old clubs etc.

Also could you tell us if Patch #115 is sheduled for tommorow or not :)

hegemonic
27-10-04, 20:50
Nice work KK. Sounds honest and straight-forward. Keep it up.

--------------
A bit off-topic:

cool....I know u guys are bustin ass anyway :p

OMG ROFLMAO!! That boardroom must smell AWFUL! You know what "bustin ass" is in the states? You MAY call it a case of flatulence.

Seven
27-10-04, 20:57
Sounds great.

Holger Nathrath
27-10-04, 21:00
In these theme week events will new areas such as the Viarosso Zoo be opened? as well as the old clubs etc.

There are several areas which are still closed. It's possible that we decide to arrange opening events during these weeks. But we are negotiating with a band wich makes very cool and Neocron style music. If we come to an agreement, we will arrange special events with them to open certain new locations.

Tratos
27-10-04, 21:01
There are several areas which are still closed. It's possible that we decide to arrange opening events during these weeks. But we are negotiating with a band wich makes very cool and Neocron style music. If we come to an agreement, we will arrange special events with them to open certain new locations.

:eek: Now that sounds very fucking (pardon the language :p) cool.

Neocrons very own band O_o

jernau
27-10-04, 21:03
Anything that works towards improved communication gets a BIG thumbs up from me.

I hope the devs are happy to work this way. It's not always easy to shift projects/problems that quickly and often.

If you can make this actually work I might actually be tempted to renew an account.

greendonkeyuk
27-10-04, 21:08
i pledge my support to this wholeheartedly.

ot slightly: a neocron band? what're they called then? the dead runners society.... :lol:

yeah ok it only made me laugh then.

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 21:12
Not really because we dont have the time for a real 'dev diary'. The past already proved that :p

But we hope it will be a powerfull surrogate ;)

yeah id rather they spent their time fixin things that writin diaries :p

a quick post at the end of the day would be good though.

Ozambabbaz
27-10-04, 21:22
so class balance is as good as it gets now?

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 21:28
so class balance is as good as it gets now?

whats wrong with it?

other than PPU being a necessity...

BlackDove
27-10-04, 21:28
Wow. Finally.

Dribble Joy
27-10-04, 21:32
whats wrong with it?

The only issues I really see is class distinction (ie PEs and spies) and hybrids.
General balance is not too bad, though there are things like stealth.

Ozambabbaz
27-10-04, 21:34
whats wrong with it?

monks modus operandi

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 21:34
The only issues I really see is class distinction (ie PEs and spies) and hybrids.
General balance is not too bad, though there are things like stealth.

i gotta say... playing as a low tech PE i havent seen any problems bar PPU's.

i agree on the whole stealth thing (no KK not remove it... alter it ever so slightly)

class distinction between PE's and Spies? the only way i can see that happening is class req on high TL weapons, and im not sure more restrictions is the way forwards

:edit: APU's are fine. i have killed many (the ones i couldnt kill had PPU support... holy def + holy shelt + holy heal > TL 75 phospher rifle :p)

Dribble Joy
27-10-04, 21:42
class distinction between PE's and Spies? the only way i can see that happening is class req on high TL weapons, and im not sure more restrictions is the way forwards
I agree, there are other ways though.

Ozambabbaz
27-10-04, 21:42
i gotta say... playing as a low tech PE i havent seen any problems bar PPU's.

i agree on the whole stealth thing (no KK not remove it... alter it ever so slightly)

:edit: APU's are fine. i have killed many (the ones i couldnt kill had PPU support... holy def + holy shelt + holy heal > TL 75 phospher rifle :p)

oh, agreed, ever so willingly, class reqs was teh d00m. they should have just made it so it's impossible to use any weapons which has 25+ mainstat difference from the mainstat being used, ie no SH for PEs, but any PA, yes

monk matter, i still disagree and willing to duke it out in any other thread on that topic :D

back on subject, good to hear stuff on these matters, still interested if main balance issues will be touched at all?

or "just" themes

Holger Nathrath
27-10-04, 21:51
Of course balancing issues will be part of those "theme weeks" too.

joran420
27-10-04, 21:52
[edit] nm ...i'll just "talk" ingame.

kurai
27-10-04, 22:00
Conclusion:
This system will clearly show you what we are working on and what improvements you can expect in the time to come. In addition, we hope to be able to offer you new content and additional ingame entertainment related to the theme.Very interesting ideas and a very welcome communication.

Big fluffy bunneh hugz to Holger & KK :D

dem0n
27-10-04, 22:01
1st Theme -> Player based shops :D

phunqe
27-10-04, 22:04
1st Theme -> Player based shops :D

Schhh!!!! Don't scare it away o_O

:p :)

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 22:07
first theme -> Drones...

it has been put off since NC1 beta, i think its worthy of a look now?

dem0n
27-10-04, 22:09
yeah they could use a new hud from KK.

edit:
although I agree this isn't something which can keep a man occupied for 1 week to finish :P.

Holger Nathrath
27-10-04, 22:19
yeah they could use a new hud from KK

It's almost done. At least the grafics. It will be more simplistic than the default one and you will be able to change it in one of three the options menus :D

edit: Oups. I'm talking about the main HUD not the drone HUD. Did I get something wrong ? :confused: :p

Jesterthegreat
huds fine... maybe a tweak for gr menu is in order though (hard to use in a hurry) or maybe it was to discourage running away and gring? (unlikely though :p)

Birkoff
PEs arn't a real class.... they don't deserve to be balanced.

Capped a PE in 6 hours FFS(not hardcapped) people have said they have capped one it in less. When they take longer to level then they can have more toys :)

(exploit free)

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 22:21

Capped a PE in 6 hours FFS(not hardcapped) people have say they have one it in less. When they take longer to level then they can have more toys :)

im a PE, dont want more toys...

what would i ask for? i cant think of anything needed for PE's

Holger Nathrath
27-10-04, 22:23
Sorry guys, I was talking about the main HUD. I think I got something wrong :p

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 22:25

i think we were all talking about main hud

ill be happy with an altered gr menu. if i have to entirely change the hud to do that ill do it.

just as long as the gr window isnt all cramped up like it is ill be happy :)

so... drones for first theme week? :D

btw - this is good fuckin news... KK are definatly goin up in my books recently, just hope it continues :)

:edit: OMFG i've turned into a fanboi... 8|

dem0n
27-10-04, 22:26
It's almost done. At least the grafics. It will be more simplistic than the default one and you will be able to change it in one of three the options menus :D

edit: Oups. I'm talking about the main HUD not the drone HUD. Did I get something wrong ?
didn't know that O_O... sweet!

I'd also like to see:

New dungeons.
New mobs.
Redefined mob drops.
New mob drops.
Player based shops.

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 22:27
didn't know that O_O.

I'd also like to see:

New dungeons.
New mobs.
Redefined mob drops.
New mob drops.
Player based shops.

drones = higher priority than all of them tbh, however i agree.

while i realise item tracking prolly wont be a theme week (its more behind the scenes work):

drones => Item Tracking => player shops => content (mob drops / dungeons etc... as quoted :p)

G.0.D.
27-10-04, 22:45
Why are drones #1 priority jester? Not every ones a droner; but every one can benifit from player shops as well as the WoC skill.

I understand droners have been messed around, but really player shops are #1 imo, tbh, kthx bye.

/me puts on anti 5 slot droner flame hat of extra power and uberness-ness-ness.

SypH
27-10-04, 22:51
gg KK. Communication has always seemed to be a big problem to me, so it's nice you are attempting to address it. I hope the theme weeks work out well and we get the droners unborked so I can finally start one again.

jernau
27-10-04, 22:53
If we get the old HUD back or something similarly efficient that would really rock.

Iorghe
27-10-04, 22:54
Why are drones #1 priority jester? Not every ones a droner; but every one can benifit from player shops as well as the WoC skill.

I understand droners have been messed around, but really player shops are #1 imo, tbh, kthx bye.

ps god as promised, i nerfed your custom title, now I can go home and have a good night.

keep it nice while we take our well deserved rest. As you might have noticed in past replies, we don't tell everything, it spoils the suprise :) (yeah this means we actually did some other stuff as well)

If we get the old HUD back or something similarly efficient that would really rock.

As I told kurai a couple of weeks ago: Happiness might just be a couple of patches away.

dem0n
27-10-04, 22:57
concerning the droners, I think we should wait for 115, unofficially there were some notions that droners will get fixed. Besides the current bugs drones are well balanced so I don't know what would there be left to do [perhaps you may have a cool idea, but I think the class is good as it is when fixed].

Yeah GOD is right, player based shops are a must to atm, it's really something we've been expecting in NC2, I can understand the majority of problems which must be behind it's production: setting up the player name as the seller, correctly adding the item info into the database, adding it to the previous list of other items, deleting the item from the players inventory, giving the player the option to possibly draw the item back from the shop etc, a ton of work and mistakes which could lead to someone loosing the 5 slot item he was supposed to sell imagine the flames after that?

bounty
27-10-04, 22:59
WOW, I'm starting to warm up real well to this Holger Nathrath guy.

Something like this should have been implemented a year ago, but nice work.

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 23:00

player shops "benifit" everyone...

drone fix would "make the game playable" for a group of people.

players shops are good... but trading is possible. droning is pointless atm

:Edit: its like me saying not everyone trades or uses armour or imps or weapons... why should player shops be implemented if people who dont trade / use items dont care?

given the choice between easier trading and fixing an entire weapon line i know what i would choose in a second

Dribble Joy
27-10-04, 23:01

Capped a PE in 6 hours FFS(not hardcapped) people have said they have capped one it in less. When they take longer to level then they can have more toys :)

(exploit free)
PE xp gain is not an issue, as it can easily be changed. Everyone will reach cap eventually, so you cannot balance the classes on the rate at which they level. Only on what they can do at cap.

That said it NEEDS a change, it's is far too fast as it is.
Though the problem is that the xp curve gets much steeper as you get higher stats. A PE caps dex at about 24 mill xp and at 4/5 of the way to the 100 max, but spies/tanks/monks need another 150 mill to get that other 20 levels.

btw, drones, then player shops.

Killfly
27-10-04, 23:16
I was a bit behind on reading this announcement, but it sounds VERY cool indeed - it's great to see efforts made towards involving the community and expanding the product... Looking forward to some great things in the future :)

COLD
27-10-04, 23:24
I quickly sifted through the posts. Was there any mention of a
"FRE" theme week(s)? :lol:

tiikeri
27-10-04, 23:26
For once, i gotta say

GG KK :)

That's just.. f'cking über thing to do.

<3 Theme weeks.

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 23:27
I quickly sifted through the posts. Was there any mention of a
"FRE" theme week(s)? :lol:

i have honestly forgotten how many times i (and others) have said the following

"FRE is not a bug, its the result of a bug". i would love to see it gone as much as you but i get the feeling it has multiple causes, multiple factors, multiple problems.

Asul
27-10-04, 23:35
Yeah, new mainHud is coming! Get Ready for the show! Awesom, when it works and runns well with the theme Weeks, I`ll bring all my friends to NC :D

StanBasanovitch
27-10-04, 23:36
That's a real nice announcement about something so many of us were waiting for.
I really appreciate this effort from Reakktor, as I know it is an additionnal workload for KK people.

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 23:37
That's a real nice announcement about something so many of us were waiting for.
I really appreciate this effort from Reakktor, as I know it is an additionnal workload for KK people.

same workload (all things that need doin) but more public... more work (talkin to us is hard work) but same workload :p

jernau
27-10-04, 23:46
As I told kurai a couple of weeks ago: Happiness might just be a couple of patches away.
It would be very nice if so.

concerning the droners, I think we should wait for 115, unofficially there were some notions that droners will get fixed. Besides the current bugs drones are well balanced so I don't know what would there be left to do [perhaps you may have a cool idea, but I think the class is good as it is when fixed].
You do realise how many ancient bugs and "issues" there are in addition to this latest batch right?

I seriously doubt drones will ever be completely bug free. They are a long long way from being close to that right now.

Carinth
28-10-04, 00:18
Very nice, with focused patches you can correct problems easier. The general/random patches we've had so far often end up creating as many problems as they fix. With everyone focused on one issue, the quality of patches should improve a lot.

That said there's one small problem. As has already appeared in this thread, there's deciding what issue to focus on when/in what order. We're all biased in some way or another, some aspects of the game aren't important to us while other's are essential. So there's going to be contention over what should be focused on.

For example, I agree with g0d that Player Shops are more important then Droners. From my point of view the many problems with PPU's are also a vital issue. For me, several weeks spent fixing Droners or fixing Rifles would just get a shrug "That's nice".

So I guess what I'm trying to say is this is a great idea, but be prepared for some backlash from people who think they're problem deserves the focus.

giga191
28-10-04, 00:18
- Vehicle weeks
- Droner weeks
- Hacknet weeks

Wow that's pretty cool then. I can imagine all the spam threads guessing what the next theme will be. A step in the right direction KK

Jesterthegreat
28-10-04, 00:24
So I guess what I'm trying to say is this is a great idea, but be prepared for some backlash from people who think they're problem deserves the focus.

yup... thats prolly the best way of ssaying it

dem0n
28-10-04, 00:41
yes player shops benefit everyone but drones could probably get fixed more easily compared to the shop implementation, like I said we'll just have to wait for 115 maybe KK cooked up something special for us :).

Siygess
28-10-04, 01:18
Mmmmmmm.

PE Week :D

If this "theme week" scheme is pulled off, and more importantly, doesn't fade away after the first month or two, this could be a very good thing for KK indeed. Oh, and us.

Jesterthegreat
28-10-04, 01:19
Mmmmmmm.

PE Week :D

If this "theme week" scheme is pulled off, and more importantly, doesn't fade away after the first month or two, this could be a very good thing for KK indeed. Oh, and us.

PE's are fine

Siygess
28-10-04, 01:21
According to whom? I'm sure cavemen thought clubs were fine too.

Anyway, I can dream, can't it?

joran420
28-10-04, 01:24
player shops "benifit" everyone...

drone fix would "make the game playable" for a group of people.

players shops are good... but trading is possible. droning is pointless atm

:Edit: its like me saying not everyone trades or uses armour or imps or weapons... why should player shops be implemented if people who dont trade / use items dont care?

given the choice between easier trading and fixing an entire weapon line i know what i would choose in a second

ppl can launch drones i was getting owned by one in an OP fight last night.....u just cant launch from 1st person

im not a droner....so maybe im wrong mut droners in meh clan have been able to launch id say 80%

NS_CHROME54
28-10-04, 01:36
yeah i think the #1 priorities here should be getting rid of FRE's and working the bugs out of the engine. Having a brand new computer with pretty much the best stuff only getting 76 fps is ridiculous.

joran420
28-10-04, 01:43
the human eye can only proccess about 40 fps anyway(?)

so 78 should be fine :P

HedgeHog
28-10-04, 01:50
My opinion about fixing the priority: (If someone cares)

If I will get told: first drones then shops, I will be happy coz I know both will be "fixed" in the near future. Or First something then something then shops...
Atleast I will know when and in which order the things will get better.

And my opinion about the PE "soft cap":

All other (than PE) classes could be soft capped in 24h (playtime) without exploits or any another players/characters "help" in NC1.
(if monk soft cap is capped psi)
The difference is not so big. 18h?

@ joran420:
If think 80% is much or enough. Try to compare it to 80% somthing else.
80% times I try to start my car, it really starts. (RL)
80% times I try to reload a CS, it reloads.
20% times I try to const something the parts and tool disappears.
I'm just trying to say 80% ain't that close 100%.

-Just waiting to get to play NC2-

kurai
28-10-04, 01:53
(Regarding HUD redesign)

As I told kurai a couple of weeks ago: Happiness might just be a couple of patches away.heh :D

Yep - Iorghe said that in a Private Message after I submitted a chopped around and somewhat limited RPOSv3 design.

He asked me to keep quiet about it, so I've been biting my lip to shut up when I see other people still getting angry about it :(

Dribble Joy
28-10-04, 02:14
He asked me to keep quiet about it, so I've been biting my lip to shut up when I see other people still getting angry about it :(
I know the feeling.

40$Poser
28-10-04, 03:44
- Vehicle weeks
- Droner weeks
- Hacknet weeks

suggestions for weeks

Memory leak/FRE fixing week
Neocron 1 Bug Fixes week
Parashock Removal/adjustment & First love aiming fix week [aka PvP Balancing week)
customer appreciation week? (dunno if that's possible :0 )

ch0ppy
28-10-04, 03:46
This is the best idea for a long time. Thx for that.
Its all about Communication. So many threads so many people bitching.
It will hopefully be less now we can see what is going on.
We can see that a problem is being fixed.
THX.

Blacksword
28-10-04, 03:51
holy shit, im almost as excited as the first time i looked over the nc1 website and storyline before it was released. Hope it goes as planned. I told my friend i might play final fantasy 11 with him online if stuff didnt get better in about three months. thankfully it sounds like i might have been bailed out of that one;) point and click mob hunting just isnt my thing

Seven
28-10-04, 05:09
Main Hud option? O_o :) :D :) :D :eek: :cool:

Ok you have my attention, just keep backing up our progress/stats/items...

This thread almost makes me want to alter my sig.

Seven
28-10-04, 06:51
a neocron band? what're they called then?

"ROLLBACK"

Znurf
28-10-04, 09:23
Fix outfitter week! :P

dunkan
28-10-04, 09:25
all>>> psychick warriors ov gia

Crest
28-10-04, 09:35
Ok brand me the pesimist, but does this mean a promise to deliver, and as the KK history goes, not deliver...

Yes, the idea is a good one, and for the first few weeks / themes will be cool cause hey we will see something. Then the dreaded happens, everyone is on board and they don't deliver, then even worse, we all go through the regular I Hate KK lets leave phase ....

I hope either this kind of promise is not made, or for the love of KK, they actually deliver. Sure you all gonna call me names, but hey .... Its the truth, we all know it

Good Idea KK, but you community will watch your actions and not your words

NaKoth
28-10-04, 10:02
This all sounds too good to be true. Really exited about the ideas and info given. Cant wait to see them in action.

hinch
28-10-04, 11:00
have to say

to little too late

Cytaur
28-10-04, 11:59
I'm wondering... are mechs on the list or they're part of "vehicles" ? :D

Jesterthegreat
28-10-04, 12:32
According to whom? I'm sure cavemen thought clubs were fine too.

Anyway, I can dream, can't it?

according to a non-rare using low tech PE who has killed (solo or in a team) every common clas sin the game...

the XP gaion could use looking at, and maybe some way to stop them using all the spy weapons, but i certainly dont think they need a boost.

J. Folsom
28-10-04, 13:07
the human eye can only proccess about 40 fps anyway(?)

so 78 should be fine :P
24 consciously.
No known limits subconsciously; as this depends on how used you are to it.
And that has been tested, people can react to things in between the "visible" frames. Of course the usual limit is dependant on your monitor's refresh rate, but that's just technology, and technology tends to get improved over time.

have to say

to little too late
I'm inclined to agree with that. Which will probably surprise some people.

MaGn0lia
28-10-04, 13:11
How about

Tank-o-cron
Pe-o-cron
Spy-o-cron

theme weeks when one class is overpowered for the duration of the theme week :D

ps. I left out monk-o-cron since this is where we are right now.

hinch
28-10-04, 13:12
I'm inclined to agree with that. Which will probably surprise some people.

first time for everything

jernau
28-10-04, 14:13
24 consciously.
No known limits subconsciously; as this depends on how used you are to it.
And that has been tested, people can react to things in between the "visible" frames. Of course the usual limit is dependant on your monitor's refresh rate, but that's just technology, and technology tends to get improved over time.
O_o

The human (or indeed any mammalian) eye doesn't work in frames.

There is no exact way to assess what monitor frequency is completely flicker free as there are so many variables that affect the way the eye recieves data and the brain processes it. It varies wildly between users and circumstances. The only practical method is to sit in front of a variety of screens and try it but your results will only be valid for yourself.

Most people can detect flicker on modern CRTs at anything under ~60Hz (not FPS). Some go as high as 100 and I once worked with a guy who was fine at 25 although he was a freak.

J. Folsom
28-10-04, 15:21
There is no exact way to assess what monitor frequency is completely flicker free as there are so many variables that affect the way the eye recieves data and the brain processes it. It varies wildly between users and circumstances. The only practical method is to sit in front of a variety of screens and try it but your results will only be valid for yourself.
I know, we've had that discussion before. :p

I'm just using practical terms the people can understand, wrong or right as they may be.

jernau
28-10-04, 15:52
I know, we've had that discussion before. :p

I'm just using practical terms the people can understand, wrong or right as they may be.I thought I was having deja vu there :p.

Glok
28-10-04, 16:02
About the flickering, if my monitor bugs out and drops to less than 85Hz, I see flickering, which gives me a headache very quickly. Right now it is at a solid 105Hz. :)

Nidhogg
28-10-04, 16:18
Please get back on topic. Thanks.

N

shenten
28-10-04, 16:20
Good move from KK, :D

Please !! dont start "new features theme weeks" before you are done with the "fix the bugs theme weeks". Dont add stuff despite what some guys ask u KK !! Fix Fix Fix ..
Make Neocron 1.5 stable, then add stuff to make it really Neocron 2 !

Patch 115/116 is a good move, fixing fixing fixing all the way... then improve content, the more i play NC2 the more i think you are getting closer to it.

Make it stable, it is good, then once stable, you'll be able to make it shine !

Xian
28-10-04, 20:05
Yes, it's late, but I really like the idea. Hopefully focusing your efforts on certain things will get the bugs with that particular area ironed out much faster.

Good luck. ;)

G.0.D.
28-10-04, 22:33
ps god as promised, i nerfed your custom title, now I can go home and have a good night.

Knock Knock, YOUR FUCKING KOS IORGHE!!!!!
First you nerf cster tanks and now this? Unfuckingacceptable.

(But hey, I still love you)

MaGn0lia
29-10-04, 11:01
Am I the only one who thinks Tanks should be the class with all stats in 100, and ummm... maybe toss strenght to 150.
I want to play captain america and kick puppies :angel:

Color Me Plaid
01-11-04, 18:53
So, at some point, is there going to be a week where everything that's gone that logically SHOULD be in the game, will come back?

Higher TL pistol/rifles
lvl 2 and 3 spines, lvl 2 eyes

All the fun things that lots of new characters need, y'know?

Tratos
01-11-04, 18:55
So, at some point, is there going to be a week where everything that's gone that logically SHOULD be in the game, will come back?

Higher TL pistol/rifles
lvl 2 and 3 spines, lvl 2 eyes

All the fun things that lots of new characters need, y'know?

Feeling a bit trollish today?

Higher TL pistols/rifles will be out there and if you actualy you know READ the patch notes, lvl 2 and 3 spines are on all standard implant vendors.