PDA

View Full Version : Factions...

Xylaz
27-10-04, 02:26
i've always thought that this red vs blue scheme would do some good eventually - of course, it simplifies many things, but on the other hand, it should also tied people together a bit more, give em a common goal.

I dont like tangent - for example, as a part of Biotech, but hey, its a war, lets forget about those malicious plans of tangent people for awhile, we got more important things to do now... Doy's arising and so on. Danger is everywhere...

and so... i have a wery vierd day in neocron

first i wanted to lvl a bit, went down to the hunting zone and kill some mobs along with two spies, tt and ca. Unfortunately i died, so i repoked and came back. On entering i got shot and killed by some TG. Oh well, i thought, its a war... I repoked and came back. We start shooting at each other, stealthing and finally, with a help of a mob i killed the tg spy.
Next thing, ca spy is taking the TG's belt - he was in team with him. - He's a traitor - i thought but i asked to give the belt back, he refuse and attacked me... so i killed him

Few mins later i'm at MB. Killing some crahn monks (well, killing an apu and trying to kill a ppu). Then outside, i see a CM apu (clanned) attacking me along with the crahn ppu. They kill me. I repoke myself and come back. See the CM apu hacking my belt so i killed him.
Next thing i got some proto sniper on my neck. I'm dieing. Oh well, i can poke fortunately....

CM apu is DMing me. He is that TG spy alt (the one i killed before) and he killed me because i attack his friend crahn ppu who came here to rezz a BT friend. He's surprised that i declare kos on his clan. He tells me that i'm a moron and i'm attacking allies, like his friend in CA...

I'm a little pissed off at this moment so - to calm down a bit - i'm going to some lvling spot to make new dex lvl. And what i see? TG spy, Crahn ppu, CA spy, Proto PE and TT spy are lvling together in a team. Unfortunately they saw me and all together ran to kill me. Parashocked and killed.

I'm going to bet, that tomorrow when i'll attack that proto PE he'll be surprised as hell why am i doing this... we are friendly factions after all, arent we?

joran420
27-10-04, 02:32
ahhh teh beauty of 4 chars

kurai
27-10-04, 03:36
I'm going to bet, that tomorrow when i'll attack that proto PE he'll be surprised as hell why am i doing this... we are friendly factions after all, arent we?Yeah.

Because going for pointless revenge totally at odds with your factions political stance has always been a *fantastic* idea, and doesn't escalate situations into a miserable total mass homicidal fuckwad frenzy of a world at all.

As history has proven.

Oh ...

Wait ...

:rolleyes:

On a more serious note ... you don't *have* to return the idiocy right back at them you know.

Didn't you ever have the following conversation with your mother ? :-

Young Xylaz: But mom ! All the other *cool* kids are doing $random_fuckwit_thing

Wise Xylaz's Mom: So if all the "cool" kids jumped off a bridge would you do it too ?

QuakCow
27-10-04, 03:40
well im still LEd (and i don't plan on taking it out till /50 or so) but i dont see much reason to hunt down a guy and his friends cus they pked ya. i see alot of gankage, most of it isnt allied but i see alot, gr ganking, 5 vs 1, and so on (which is why im leaving my LE in). but i meet alot more nice people than i do mean SOBs whos sole purpose in life is to destroy the fun of others :angel:

tiikeri
27-10-04, 03:41

Agreed. This is the problem with having 4 slot server, and ppl not being true to their faction / pro/anticity.

When i'm running around with my procity chars, lvling, doing epics or whatever, i try to avoid getting firefights with procity ppl. But if they shoot me, i shoot back.

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 03:41

yup... this is entirely impossible with multiple accounts on a 1 slot server

kurai
27-10-04, 03:47
yup... this is entirely impossible with multiple accounts on a 1 slot server

:rolleyes:Possible, yes. Infrequent though.

On Pluto at least (dunno about the German 1 char) it was very much the exception rather than the day-to-day rule.

Birkoff
27-10-04, 03:51
When you were paying good(mock) money for your second account you are more likely to pa more care to it and join the same faction. Now I have 6 characters I don't know what to do with. If everyone in my old clan shoved all there new chars in the ame clan then... well... you' have liek a 250 person clan.

tiikeri
27-10-04, 03:53
My sig............ _o/ want's it. _o/ is keeping t3h APU in DB if it comes..

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 04:09
When you were paying good(mock) money for your second account you are more likely to pa more care to it and join the same faction. Now I have 6 characters I don't know what to do with. If everyone in my old clan shoved all there new chars in the ame clan then... well... you' have liek a 250 person clan.

paying more means your more likely to puut allk your chars in one clan / faction?

i fail to see the logical connection there soz.

its not like these random PKers are a lower form of life... ite entirely possible they can afford multiple accounts. could everyone plz stop the 1 slot > 4 slot or server x > server y when it is all down to personal preferance?

1 slot servers have multi clanning people... dont claim to be so muchh better (whether you meant it or not thats how posts like "ahhh teh beauty of 4 chars" clearly implies that this could never have happened on a 1 slot server... its pathetic

kurai
27-10-04, 04:22
Much as you may dislike hearing it, or bridle at the admittedly derisory tone some people take in their posts it's a fact of life.

Allied faction killing, random noob PK sprees and alt-revenge were a much greater part of life on Saturn (and to a lesser extent Uranus) than they were on Pluto, even in the days of high population.

It's a greater part of life on Terra too.

[ edited ]

Wether you agree/disagree with those tendencies in the 4 slot dynamic, or like/dislike it is entirely a matter for you.

What you can't do, and retain any credibility, is maintain that it ever happened to anywhere near the same extent on Pluto.

One end comment ...
There is a big difference between "less often" and "never"
There is a big difference between "tended to" and "always"

THE_TICK!!!!
27-10-04, 09:44
keep your political posturing to yourself on the forums plz.

Xylaz
27-10-04, 10:55
Because going for pointless revenge totally at odds with your factions political stance has always been a *fantastic* idea, and doesn't escalate situations into a miserable total mass homicidal fuckwad frenzy of a world at all.

agree, its the spiral of destruction. I've been through it on pluto when my clan was kos to whole server because of simple consistency of my actions.
I've been through it on saturn when, due to the high amount of such cases i've started to react hysterically enough to put whole faction on kos list (at some certain moment of time)

The problem is, from my side at least, what else can i do? What should i do next time i'm going to see them: those ca/proto/tangent/cm people?

Should i just ignore them and hope they will not attack me back?
I've been through it on pluto as well - people will start attack you with joy , because they think you are afraid of them (because you are doing nothing/taking defence stances)

Should i try to talk with them and solved the problem out? Probably yes, but frankly speaking i'm tired of talking with idiots. And, as far as i know from my experience, it wont work anyway.

Ok then, so hypothethically... i'm going to put them all on the kos list. They are traitors to procity factions, and murderers to me. I'm going to kill them all.

Shouldnt be a problem, but.... they were all clanned. They were in big, respected clans. And clans have a nasty yet understable tendency for helping idiots and morons - especially if they are their clanmembers (said clanmember will think offsome nice story to defend their stance and who do you think clan will believe - me or him?). So in the few next week the spiral will start to move...
What can i do to avoid it?
Talk with the clan leaders? They will laugh at me and threaten me like: fu nib we will kos ur clan etc etc In other words, talking is mostly pointless in this game - for me at least. I grew tired of trying to explain, of trying to solve it in diplomatic ways. Its easier to kill them instead.

But its a spiral. I am aware of it yet i cannot think of anything to avoid it.

The only way to avoid it is to play stupid and scared: "Sorry for killing me mr tg's alt, you're ca and we shouldnt fight. dont kill me again without a reason and lets go hunting together..." - Not my style, i'm afraid.

I dont really know what people do and how they are playing this game, because obviously their way of playing is drastically different from mine. I'm a rather passive player - never attacking allies without a reason, always waiting for the first move, always offering free shot in the back. Only then i start to act... consistently.

bah, guess i'm tired with all of this

MaGn0lia
27-10-04, 11:46
Well you can clearly point who come from pluto and who come from saturn, one example...

Faction chat, ppl chatting usual things like what weapon is "teh leet" and so on <-- guys are from saturn
The one guy whines "use ooc or direct, the faction chat is for faction business only" <-- guy is from pluto

Guy runs in to a PKr and gets killed, he alts to a neutral or better yet allied faction char of the PKr and ganks him <--- guy is from saturn
Guy runs to PKr and gets killed, GRs and enkages a direct chat "our clans are not in war and we are in neutral grounds why you attack me" <-- guess where he is from ;) that is correct pluto

So all in all, don't diss if pluto people want 1slot server and don't diss if some want 4slot server, they have their own agendas and usually different playstyles.

Respect the difference.

giga191
27-10-04, 11:46
Yeah.

As history has proven.

Oh ...

Wait ...

On a more serious note ... you don't *have* to return the idiocy right back at them you know.

Young Xylaz: But mom ! All the other *cool* kids are doing $random_fuckwit_thing

Wise Xylaz's Mom: So if all the "cool" kids jumped off a bridge would you do it too ?
But theres no sin in killing one of those allied faction killing <insert insult> because your killing a traitor.

Darak
27-10-04, 11:58
But its a spiral. I am aware of it yet i cannot think of anything to avoid it.
For things to spiral you have to pass the anger on. Just end the chain with yourself, and don't pass it on. Problem is that this can take a lot out of you for no tangable gain but it might lead to a better situation :) Not very likly to happen is it.

As for terra it seems to be falling into the abyss. We have ppl who at the end of saturn refused to play there anymore cos it was 'lame'. These same ppl are now contributing to take terra to exactly the situation that they hated playing in on saturn.

Fridge
27-10-04, 12:24

http://nichtlustig.de/comics/full/020906.jpg

translation:
Lamming Mothers:
All other kids have a scooter so you need one too? if the other kids jump off a bridge do you too? ... eh im buying you one already..

Xylaz
27-10-04, 16:14
the question here is:

Should i act consistenly? Should i make people responsible for their actions?

of course, its a game after all, i might as well forget about those incidents and next time i meet them i might say "its ok, nevermind that". And i will probably as this is the only way to avoid the circle of hate & revenge. But it doesnt change the fact that there's something not right here. And i wont be really satisfied with such decision...

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 17:35
i wa sure there was a 3rd int server... it was called Uranus... or dont people from there act in any way?

i have been zerged / allied PK'd by pluto peeps... i have been helped by saturn peeps... every server had idiots (pluto had less of everything... so dont use less idiots as an excuse)

anyways... speaking for VENOM we have no problem allied killing if we think its the action we should... er.. .act

Morganth
27-10-04, 17:53
i wa sure there was a 3rd int server... it was called Uranus... or dont people from there act in any way?

i have been zerged / allied PK'd by pluto peeps... i have been helped by saturn peeps... every server had idiots (pluto had less of everything... so dont use less idiots as an excuse)

anyways... speaking for VENOM we have no problem allied killing if we think its the action we should... er.. .act

I agree. And speaking from the perspective of my clan, we try very hard not to gank allies, even if we know they are traitors/alts of some DoY faction. However, all of us are aware that some people are still doing epics or can't afford to change factions yet. Mostly we are diplomatic when it comes to own faction PKing, as we know the consequences if we kill allies, and we'd rather not loose symp.

To be honest with you, if someone decides to come back on their alt, make a mental note of their clan (if they have one), and if you have a tradeskiller refuse to serve them, or generally try to make their life hell. My favourite tactic when I am on my PPU is to Para and DB them, whilst giving the mob/person they are killing an S/D. :lol:

joran420
27-10-04, 21:11
if i see a red guy ill attack first .....if an allied PPU comes to res ill go ok so hes an alt of an ally....but sometimes the PPU is just an alt of an enemy...

and regardless of what u guys say 99.9% of the time the ppl on pluto with alts had them in the same faction as their clan

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 21:32
and regardless of what u guys say 99.9% of the time the ppl on pluto with alts had them in the same faction as their clan

99.9% of the time ppl on Uranus with alts had them in the same faction as their clan...

its just as provable...

tbh it doesnt matter. pluto is dead, uranus is dead, saturn is dead. people are currently different factions for epics (no matter what server you come from)

we are all 1 community now... adapt or die