PDA

View Full Version : Firstly... I want a neural advancer 3 when these geniuses make it.

Heavyporker
26-10-04, 20:48
*drool*

http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99996574

Vithar
26-10-04, 21:47
Moved to Off Topic Discussion.

V

NS_CHROME54
27-10-04, 01:03
needless to say, this could be revolutionary

MkVenner
27-10-04, 01:18
yeah, pretty cool, sod neural advancer 3, i want a herc :p

QuantumDelta
27-10-04, 01:47
You see Implants.
I see a major step toward Real AI.

Endar
27-10-04, 06:26
You can donate your computer cycles to those. I have UDAgent running on my computer, it acts like screensaver. When you dont have anything on and you dont use the computer for a while the UDAgent loads up and starts to calculate some strange chemical processes.

Heres and example of what it is doing:

Ligandfit-Smallpox

Smallpox research Project

This project employs computational chemistry on a massive computing grid to analyze canditates for medical therapy to fight the smallpox virus. The strongest candidates will be turned ovet to the U.S. Department of Defence for further evaluations.

There are also other programs where you can donate your computers free cycles for "good" use, as listening to the sounds that come from outer space and clearing em up for making some sence, space exploration, nanotechnology (when they get the program up, I will be joining that :D ).

Just search from Google, you know that in deep inside of you you want to help on something :p

Oh and if you are not the helpful kind of person, some of those projects even have funding and are giving out prices for the guys whos computers calculate or find something useful.

QuantumDelta
27-10-04, 19:40
Cancer.
And, when I buy my new system, this system will be doing that, a lot.

Mr Friendly
27-10-04, 19:52
You see Implants.
I see a major step toward Real AI.

ditto

...im yet to decide if i should marvel or fear true/real AI @_@

Xeno LARD
27-10-04, 20:36
And I thought this was another KK bitching thread. Nice :D.