PDA

View Full Version : Furnishing appartments - a few things need to be added

DigestiveBiscui
26-10-04, 13:24
Now, i love the furnish app idea - i finally got round to starting it last night :) but a few things are missing

1. TV's

2. More pictures - possibly ones of mobs that u can hang on your wall :D

3. Like in the NEXT HQ - I want little fucking rhino's etc on my table

4. A secondary doorbell activator thing - I wanted to make siome custome appartments that everyone can enter - Hence a 2nd one that anyone can click and go in :)

Tratos
26-10-04, 13:29
4. A secondary doorbell activator thing - I wanted to make siome custome appartments that everyone can enter - Hence a 2nd one that anyone can click and go in :)

Agree on all points but a note on Point 4, these were in but got removed as they were bugged, as they took 500nc from players which just went no where, lol so ihink they are being worked on, but i would like a button which did not cost but could be placed as it would be very handy for both clans and personal use.

'Somone at your door? cant be arsed to travel that distance to the door enterance? THEN BUY NEW DOORBELLS!'

hehe, opening your app from the other side of it to let in guests, winnar! and its also handy for what you want to do :)

EDIT/ And i would to see faction furniture items from an NPC in all HQs such as faction signs and stuff, would be nice to give clan apps faction identity :) specialy if the player shops are physical to let people know what faction the owner belongs to and stuff.

greendonkeyuk
26-10-04, 13:32
also some basic instructions on how to use stuff would b nice too. watching my bro put his cabinets in the wrong way around yesterday was hella funny. Also is there a decent furniture trader in nc as he went to buy a load of stuff and was told by the npc that doy had a better trader. i mean how is that roleplay, doy gets blown up by an atomic bomb or whatever but 5 mins before it hit they managed to stash all the l337 sofas.... doesnt seem to fit to me. however i shall not rant.

DigestiveBiscui
26-10-04, 13:42
another thing

in a lot of clanapps u can't put cupboards right up against the wall

it looks rather shitty - and i like them right up against the walls tbh

that needs to be fixed

Bugs Gunny
26-10-04, 13:50
Biccy, don't you know what that's for?

It's for the cleaning lady to get behind them to clean that mess you live in :-)
And next time you play with your toy rhino's clean em up from the floor before you get visitors! I still feel that bent knee from tripping over one.

I personaly made an appy with nothing but cabinets in them.
They're stacked real close together, and it's just gonna be for my cst and researcher. Res gets top level with casb, Cst gets lower level with cabs and a desk to work at.

I hope there's just a space limit on the number of cabs in an appy, since i plan to put Rareparts collection, blueprints and chem collection in there.

NaKoth
26-10-04, 13:57
I hope there's just a space limit on the number of cabs in an appy, since i plan to put Rareparts collection, blueprints and chem collection in there.

20 cabinets per apartment is the limit.

Bugs Gunny
26-10-04, 14:20
So how much items can one of those Luxury cabinets hold? I'm buyin a whole set of those 81k cabs (with 100 barter)

jernau
26-10-04, 14:40
Do all cabinets hold the same number of items?

DigestiveBiscui
26-10-04, 15:25
nah the small ones im guessing hold about half the big ones :p

as far the app again - you need a nicer set of tables

jernau
26-10-04, 15:28
nah the small ones im guessing hold about half the big ones :p

as far the app again - you need a nicer set of tables
So can you have 20 double size ones or 10?

What about the mysteriously small ones we used to get in NC1? ;)

amfest
26-10-04, 15:36
hehe, opening your app from the other side of it to let in guests, winnar! and its also handy for what you want to do :)

Actually this is the future. Why can't apt owners just say come in from inside their Apts and the door would open for the guest. That imo would be great.

Endar
26-10-04, 18:23
Fridgerators. Would work just like normal cabinets except those look like fridges. For RPing reasons, "Grab a beer from fridge if you want, after thats lets discuss about this thing..."

Oh and how about the weapons you were supposed to be able to hang on walls? I remember reading something like that on the reviews that you posted on the place wich name I cannot remember. You know the site where all the "Neocron Peeks" were posted.

Killfly
27-10-04, 12:47
1) Make things easier to place. Getting a row of cabs, for example, square to each other is nigh-on impossible :(

2) Get rid of the weird 'invisible lip' on tatamimats... One end of them seems to have an invisible part that you have to jump over...

3) Get rid of some of the small grooves and elevations around the edges of apartments (TH, for example, is a nightmare for this)... As someone mentioned above, getting furniture flush against a wall is very difficult... Either you stand it away from the wall, or you put it flush against the wall, but have a gap underneath it because of the aforementioned grooves and elevations in the floor itself...

4) Make the physical size of the cab/cupboard relate to the storage capacity... Small DoY cabs should have less room in them than, for example, the f**king-huge Neophanian cabs...

QuickFix
27-10-04, 12:50
i simply cant afford to get myself an apt atm.

i wish i could, i think it is a great money sink, aslong as you have money to start with

DigestiveBiscui
27-10-04, 16:07
heh im spending most of the money i have on it :p

that and getting clan members into factions :)

Dribble Joy
27-10-04, 16:13
i simply cant afford to get myself an apt atm.

i wish i could, i think it is a great money sink, aslong as you have money to start with
Money sinks are great.

Shame that OPs give so much cash to the holders.

jernau
27-10-04, 16:14
Money sinks are great.

Shame that OPs give so much cash to the holders.
How much are they giving now?

Dribble Joy
27-10-04, 16:18
Same as before afaik.

100k an (RL) hour?
5 OPs, for a day, that's 12 mill.
That's enough for 4 fully customised and kitted out apts.