PDA

View Full Version : flying vehicles

Chipz
26-10-04, 11:23
hi there,

i was just wondering if anyone has problems with flying vehicle, like gliders and such. Everytime i cross a zone border i cross my fingers hoping i don't get caught in a sync and crash. And not just crash, but die because of the fall as well.
Now i don't realy mind crashing a 30k advanced glider, cause that's pretty cheap. But i wanna buy me a hoverbomber soon and i don't wanna crash my 1 mil hoverbomber. Don't wanna cross my fingers at every zoneborder i pass hoping i don't lose a mil.
KK, can you fix this, or is this a problem that comes with on-line gaming?

Cytaur
26-10-04, 11:30
there should be insurance for vehicles :D

Bugs Gunny
26-10-04, 11:36
Bombers are shit, i've changed my mind about getting one.

Two HC tanks, one antiairlauncher and reveler take one out in seconds.

Haven't tried a glider yet, maybe i should buy me one, but the problems of zoning and crashing are known. Some say the trick is to aim upward a bit before zoning so you don't crash when stuck in synch.

eLcHi
26-10-04, 11:37
Do you use Drugs to get into the vehicle ? Because that may be the problem ... check the Professions -> Driver forum for more info

Inchenzo
26-10-04, 13:38
Chipz doesn't use drugs,.. drugs are bad...

superfresh
26-10-04, 14:50
I've heard that hoverbombers are the only flying vehicles that work properly, at least from a traveller's perspective. If you're going to try to get to a GR or something in a glider forget it. I can tell you from first hand experience that one of the many bugs will kill you and destroy the glider before you get very far.

msdong
26-10-04, 16:08
doy carriers work for me - took a trip wirh one around the nothern desert and mountains and have no problems.

since i crash in loba sector with my glider all the time i dont fly there any more :)

thebee
26-10-04, 16:12
ill start an insurance company for vehicles. everyone who wants to have insurance on a vehicle contact Rydel Toreen. Ill discuss your premium and how the payment should work.

Basically you pay me monthy (based on NC months) and if your vehicle crashes Ill replace it for you. But it makes your premium go up.

Inchenzo
26-10-04, 16:43
ill start an insurance company for vehicles. everyone who wants to have insurance on a vehicle contact Rydel Toreen. Ill discuss your premium and how the payment should work.

Basically you pay me monthy (based on NC months) and if your vehicle crashes Ill replace it for you. But it makes your premium go up.

you do know that there's no month count anymore in neocron ?

Bugs Gunny
26-10-04, 16:45
This only works if many people start using it, and how can you prove people don't bring in the wreck from someone else? :-)

msdong
26-10-04, 16:57
every glider can be replaced by with a few credits just by BP > Salvage > Reconstruct.

usually not more money them 10k i think. so you better make a "cheap eplacement service"

thebee
26-10-04, 17:09
blah. i was thinking that i would charge 2% of the vehicles worth per month.

and yes i know there is no month count. but i can figure out how to take care of it.

and yes i would salvage the key and recreate it.

J. Folsom
26-10-04, 17:24
you do know that there's no month count anymore in neocron ?
There is actually, just hover your mouse over your character's body icon in the lower right corner. It'll show you your character name, clan, clan rank and the current date.

Inchenzo
26-10-04, 18:01
There is actually, just hover your mouse over your character's body icon in the lower right corner. It'll show you your character name, clan, clan rank and the current date.

so that's where they left it,.. veel dank folsom