PDA

View Full Version : Research Requirements for Tech Parts ?

Killfly
26-10-04, 11:21
I'm working on levelling a researcher, and just wondered at what stage (ie, INT and RES levels) I can start safely ressing tech parts?

I know the skills guide says 30% INT and 70% RES, but it seems higher RES decreases the chance of breaking parts (ie, INT has more of an effect than simply adding to your overall research ability)...

Also, any general tips for levelling a researcher?

Bugs Gunny
26-10-04, 11:26
Spec some repair and vehicle and drive a rhino. Best leveling for a researcher.

Endar
26-10-04, 11:30
Well, when you have 2x TL of the item in your research you wont break the datacupe and you will (always?) succesfully make a BP.

:angel: Got to love .hack//SIGN :angel:

Killfly
26-10-04, 11:43
Spec some repair and vehicle and drive a rhino. Best leveling for a researcher.

Just drive it? I see the requirements for the gunner (STR: 80) are too high for a spy to get...

Dribble Joy
26-10-04, 12:12
Try a reveler. Good dmg and low enough reqs for a spy.

2x the tl of the part you are ressing afaik does NOT remove the chances of destroying the part, it's just really really unlikely.

MaGn0lia
26-10-04, 12:30
Killfly, you drive the thino and get some tank to man the gun :) In a team you'll leech the tanks exp.

Riddle
26-10-04, 13:26
My pure tradeskiller resser is only lv 23 but 163 in RES.
He hasn't broken a tech yet !
Although sometimes he fails but I just remove it and try another (heard that twice in a row increases chance of break)

And yes I've ressed loads of em not like 5 :lol:

And no he's never fired a shot LOL purely levelled through research and repair.

Redd Harvest
26-10-04, 13:36
@ Bugs: Was the Rhino comment about getting XP from repairing it (is that even possible... not done vehicles in ages)? Just not entirely convinced a researcher is gonna have enough combat rank to leech off the gunner if that's his only source.

Bugs Gunny
26-10-04, 13:52
What can i say......

Just drive a rhino and then hit the F5 button :angel:

Redd Harvest
26-10-04, 15:22
What can i say......

Just drive a rhino and then hit the F5 button :angel:
*twitches*

*sells granny for a rhino*

Singularity
26-10-04, 15:57
Ive got 225 research and 135 int on my researcher, never fails anything :)

Bugs Gunny
26-10-04, 16:02
Harvest. I've got some bp's for a rhino, or i can sell you one. Bp goes for 50k, Rhino itself for 600k.

jernau
26-10-04, 17:21
Try a reveler. Good dmg and low enough reqs for a spy.

2x the tl of the part you are ressing afaik does NOT remove the chances of destroying the part, it's just really really unlikely.At 2xTL I never fail or destroy anything.

I ressed literally thousands of drones in NC1 at 2xTL and never failed once.

Likewise I IDed well over a thousand TPs at 2xTL and never blew or failed one (unless I tried to walk/run while doing it).

Having near capped INT may help I suppose as well but I'm not convinced as it seems to have litle effect on speed.

btw - the TL150 RES missions are a huge boost to ressers. Much gratitude to Lupus for them.

Glok
26-10-04, 21:33
I have been ressing Ls and Ts with 130 research. I've only popped one so far out of about 50. I just got 8 Es in a trade and am going to try them. I have no doubt I will pop a couple, but I don't really care. Es are half drone parts anyways. :p

Oh and the tradeskill missions are ace.