sanityislost
26-10-04, 06:59
Has anyone seen this?....omg its scary lol kinda got me thinking about never
going to a fast food place again.

Kinda freaky when the doctor said he could die from eating that :/

SiL ..:..

NS_CHROME54
26-10-04, 07:01
i saw that last half an hour of it, pretty sick stuff.

sanityislost
26-10-04, 07:10
Yea dude it was kinda sick, thought it was gona be abit of a laugh from the way
my bro talked about it (he hasnt seen it yet lol). Think someone needs to go
pwn Mcdonalds lol

Viktor
26-10-04, 07:20
I loved the movie. Watched it twice in a row, then watched it again the next day.

I thought the guy was pretty likable, and it definitely does prove that fast food is bad for you in the long run. I really enjoyed it up until day twenty, when he had the heart palpitations. At that point, you just watch the guy, and wonder what the hell he's doing to himself. Did get a laugh out of it when he had to think about taking Aspirin, as McDonald's doesn't sell it. :D I was hoping that the ending would be better, but the damn law prohibits him from making a claim.

It didn't stop me from eating fast food. However, I only have it twice a month.

MaGn0lia
26-10-04, 08:03
Well it has been well over 5 years since I have eaten fast food, sorry for my healthy habits and that I boycott "McDonald's"

But I think that dude in the movie would have had it better if he made better resist setup tbh. You know what they say, pvp a day keeps fat away.

NS_CHROME54
26-10-04, 08:28
fast food for me is a good hot bowl of chili, a coffee, a muffin, and a baguette. takes less time to get than a mcdonalds meal too, tastes better, and i'd bet money that it's better for you.

Original monk
26-10-04, 08:43
i saw the movie yah, crazy stuff: when he eats a supersizemenu and starts describing what kinda rushes he feels (he's in he's car) of the sugar and fat entering he's body :P where-after he pukes it all out lol

a day later i walk by a mcdonalds "restaurant" where ya can buy the new fitnessmenu's wich are according to them 120% healty and even got a topsporter promoting them ... thing is i believe some peeps think its even healthy to eat this stuff lol, fitnessmenu or not its loaded with thousands of calories 8|

edit: in a not so wealthy corner in i think it was new york, a fastfoodrestaurant had a promotion where there cheeseburgers where 50% off in price ! in that same period the amount of diabetic-patients in that same area raised by 33% .. says enough lol

sanityislost
26-10-04, 09:13
i saw the movie yah, crazy stuff: when he eats a supersizemenu and starts describing what kinda rushes he feels (he's in he's car) of the sugar and fat entering he's body :P where-after he pukes it all out lol

Lol yea that bit was kinda cool

edit: in a not so wealthy corner in i think it was new york, a fastfoodrestaurant had a promotion where there cheeseburgers where 50% off in price ! in that same period the amount of diabetic-patients in that same area raised by 33% .. says enough lol

thats scary mate o_O ....just proves what that doctor said about the cost of
money spent on people with Diabetics doubling in just 5 years.

[Edit]
Lol just heard a song on this topic Lazyboy ~ Underware Goes Inside The Pants
Song Link (http://webcenters.compuserve.com/wrap/linker.jsp?floc=mu-sng-arch&ref=http://mp.compuserve.com/audio.index.adp?mxid=1204941&refID=005000&_AOLFORM=w597.h395.p7&partner=)

Spermy
26-10-04, 11:41
Haven't had fast food really in 2 years.

But - I will say this - If you haven't the sense to realize that fast food is inherently bad by now - then you by rights should die from your terminal stupidity, I know what featured in there was a one off case but geez!

NS_CHROME54
26-10-04, 17:54
yeah no kidding, it's completely ridiculous that people tried to sue mcdonalds for "making them fat." helloooo, ever heard of a little thing called "self-control"? hmm i guess not...

i only have mcdonalds type fast food about once every two months or so, usually if i'm in town to stop by the office early in the day (i generally work from home), i may sometimes decide to pick up a Sausage & Egg McMuffin meal. they're greasy as hell, but do they taste good. i figure once every couple of months won't hurt me, everything in moderation.

phunqe
26-10-04, 18:13
I believe in consuming stuff on a moderate basis.
This way, you will live long and enjoy all good things in life.

Abstaining completely from a certain item doesn't accomplish anything according to me (and I mean as opposed to like 1 of those items every month or so).

You live only once, don't waste it by abstaining from a bunch of stuff. Live in moderation and enjoy everything, you'll be better off :)

Dim
26-10-04, 18:17
We had a journalist down here in The Netherlands do the same thing.. not eating all you can though.. more like all you need.. he didn't gain any weight, actually even lost some.

It's the problem that most ppl eat because they like it.. not because they need it.

kurai
26-10-04, 18:23
Guy lives on excessive amounts of only fast food for an extended period.

Guy gets fat.

Guy doesn't feel well.

Guy just wasted an hour of my life with an extended documentary on "The Fucking Obvious".

Presumably his next project is "Terminal Velocity" ...
a movie about the shocking and unknown effects of driving your car into brick walls at 80 miles an hour, and the conspiracy of auto manufacturers who are hiding it all from you.

Spermy
26-10-04, 18:44
Guy lives on excessive amounts of only fast food for an extended period.

Guy gets fat.

Guy doesn't feel well.

Guy just wasted an hour of my life with an extended documentary on "The Fucking Obvious".

Here's the funny bit - Guy could've stopped any time, but didn't because he believed in the project.

He's a fucking idiot!

Clownst0pper
26-10-04, 18:58
I eat McDonalds every day, breakfast, dinner, and tea. I thought it was healthy for me!

/switch's off American mode.

:lol: :rolleyes:

J. Folsom
26-10-04, 19:30
He's a fucking idiot!
Nah, just masochistic. Pretty much like anyone who goes to McDonalds if they have better alternatives available or have taste buds.

Clownst0pper
26-10-04, 19:34
Nah, just masochistic. Pretty much like anyone who goes to McDonalds if they have better alternatives available and have taste buds.

I wouldnt say hes a fucking idiot, id say hes a Michael Moore wanna be :p

Endar
26-10-04, 19:58
I actually hate American fastfood, but you should try Japanise alternative, Sushi :D

It tastes awesome, its healthy, clean and easy to eat and above all, its Japanise! (Japan is pop nowdays aint it :D)

Oh and dont bother to eat too much noodles, those aint really that healthy. If you want to eat noodles, try rice noodles.

Speaking of rice, people should eat more of it. Its easy to cook, filling and there are nearly infinite ways to cook it (and it tastes good :angel:).

Now all that might seem a bit too "Japanise" but have you ever wondered why there aint too many fat people in China and Japan? :rolleyes: Well atleast they dont have crappy fastfood restaurants like McDonalds.

:angel: Got to love .hack//TWILIGHT :angel:

kurai
26-10-04, 20:22
Well atleast they dont have crappy fastfood restaurants like McDonalds.Not even slightly true.

There are a great many crappy native fastfood chains, as well as imported ones.

Endar
26-10-04, 20:26
kurai@ Well thats kinda true. But do you know the great difference between American and Japanise McDonalds? In Japan those aint really fastfood restaurants, in Japan McDonalds is a place where you take your girlfriend to eat :D

Maybe its because they are eating rice and noodles nearly everyday, and going out to eat something like that wouldnt be anything special... Who knows.

joran420
26-10-04, 21:02
rofl yeh in argentina u could take a date to mcdonalds and it was a good choice.....here u take a girlie to mcdonalds u prolly wont see her again

Clownst0pper
26-10-04, 21:03
Obesity is becomming a concern in japan due to the Americanisation of it all.

Kids are loosing there traditional sushi heritage and are pilling to the fast food joints...was in the paper recently

NS_CHROME54
26-10-04, 21:04
if you want to eat something good and healthy, cook yourself some steak and potatoes, rice, and a garden salad. Use barbeque sauce in moderate amounts on the first three items, and a vinaigrette dressing on the salad. now THAT'S a meal.

kurai
26-10-04, 21:06
kurai@ Well thats kinda true. But do you know the great difference between American and Japanise McDonalds? In Japan those aint really fastfood restaurants, in Japan McDonalds is a place where you take your girlfriend to eat :D Dude - I lived in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka for a couple of years.
I know what the place is like :D

The differences aren't that great.

Edit:

Oh - and I hesitate to mention it - spelling flames on forums being lame in the extreme - but ...
Is there any particular reason you are spelling it Japanise instead of Japanese ?

joran420
26-10-04, 21:07
i dont cook....in the last 5 years iv cooked maybe 10 times and 9 of those were top ramen or spaghetti

Endar
26-10-04, 21:12
Dude - I lived in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka for a couple of years.
I know what the place is like :D
The differences aren't that great.

Are you sure? My Bujinkan sensei just came back from tokyo about two weeks ago and he told me that... Those neather him or I have never been in America and I dont plan on going there ever, so I wouldnt know how its like in USA.

Clive tombstone
26-10-04, 21:29
hehe, I personally dont like MCdonalds (had a burger there ONCE about 5 years ago, thats it) I only go there from time to time to get a coke or some fries, but on end I try to avoid it. Personally, Im a huge fish and pasta fan, most of what I eat is all prepared by myself, since im a little paraniod about what ingrediants are used in the process. :eek:

As for japanese sushi. I like it, but I like my fish put over char coal flames and basted with some lemon juice or garlic. But I wont hesitate take on offer for california rolls. :D

PS, there are SOME good fast food resteruants, check us out on the west coast, at a place called In and Out. Serves great burgers, I worked there, they make there burgers right, not like MC d's. :D

PPS-Clown stopper, funny you should mention americanization, we, as a culture, are a cancer on to other cultures. I admit it, Im ashamed of it to. Oh well, "sips Olong Tea" :rolleyes:

phunqe
26-10-04, 21:35
Yes, McD food sucks really. It doesn't taste good.

I would rather "spend" the calories on a proper steakhouse and a nice grilled burger with freshly baked buns.

NS_CHROME54
26-10-04, 21:51
i've never cared for japanese pop-culture in the least. not the clothing style, not the anime (ESPECIALLY not the anime)... it's just beyond me how some people think it's "cool." i think it's just wierd. the food is fine, but a little exotic for my tastes. gimme a good hardy "stick to your ribs" meal any day. big juicy t-bone, yukon gold and/or red potatoes... that's the stuff.

Spermy
26-10-04, 21:58
Gauranteed to make me drool EVERY time.

A luvverly big hearty lasagne - New potatos - a fuckload of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots - And a glass of ruby port...

Now THAT gentlemen is living. :D

NS_CHROME54
26-10-04, 22:04
one thing's missing spermy. you need to slather the broccoli and cauliflower in a warm thich sharp cheddar cheese sauce... that's living.

Spermy
26-10-04, 22:38
*Droolage*

All well and good but that's what the ticky lasagne sauce is for - all the gooey cheeseyness mixed with the bolognase sauce...

:angel: