PDA

View Full Version : [kk] any eta on player shops yet?

joran420
26-10-04, 06:44
just curious?

Cytaur
26-10-04, 07:31
imagine just like epic runs 2 years ago... they'll promise by november, then sometime in january they'll appear on test server and on retail it'll be sometime towards end of march full of bugs and shit

Ebonwulf
26-10-04, 07:33
I'd almost rather see them fix what exists right now, rather than add anything new for a while

MaGn0lia
26-10-04, 07:37
All hail ebonwulf.

^^agree.

Constantin
26-10-04, 18:33
just curious?

soon (tm)

shenten
26-10-04, 19:07
I'd almost rather see them fix what exists right now, rather than add anything new for a while

/agree 500%

GIJ0e
26-10-04, 19:25

we been saying that for 3 years :lol:

Ebonwulf
26-10-04, 20:58
lol Spare me, I'm the born again newbie.

Anyrate, what I've noticed is that this follows the same trend as a boss I once worked for (note, once). His whole mantra was simply this: Give it 70-80 percent to get it going, and then come back to it later. However, during that year of pure excrutiating "Hurry, do this...Now Stop!" mentality, not once did we ever come back to something and finish it. It was just a small stroke with the brush to cover a smear from time to time.

I love the fact that KK has pored out ideas after ideas, and then in turn taken players ideas and made them reality. However, I played towards the end of the beta, played for about 3 months once it went gold as well (vets prolly remember the whole nightmare of finding it boxed in the US before the download option was available), and everything has changed, and yet it hasn't.

When I picked this game up, err, downloaded it rather this time, installed it, and started running through the process once more, it was a bit nostalgic, and yet new all over again. Picked droner, fire one off, and see the nice sky detail with nothing else surrounding it, 2 minutes later, what has now been coined FRE occurs. I couldn't stop laughing. It was like saying hello to that long lost friend of yours who used to bully the hell out of you in school and steal your lunch money.

It's exquisite torture...

Clownst0pper
26-10-04, 21:00

You ever consider yourself disalusioned? You can get drugs for it over the counter you know ;) :p

Underground
26-10-04, 21:13
lol Spare me, I'm the born again newbie.

Anyrate, what I've noticed is that this follows the same trend as a boss I once worked for (note, once). His whole mantra was simply this: Give it 70-80 percent to get it going, and then come back to it later. However, during that year of pure excrutiating "Hurry, do this...Now Stop!" mentality, not once did we ever come back to something and finish it. It was just a small stroke with the brush to cover a smear from time to time.

I love the fact that KK has pored out ideas after ideas, and then in turn taken players ideas and made them reality. However, I played towards the end of the beta, played for about 3 months once it went gold as well (vets prolly remember the whole nightmare of finding it boxed in the US before the download option was available), and everything has changed, and yet it hasn't.

When I picked this game up, err, downloaded it rather this time, installed it, and started running through the process once more, it was a bit nostalgic, and yet new all over again. Picked droner, fire one off, and see the nice sky detail with nothing else surrounding it, 2 minutes later, what has now been coined FRE occurs. I couldn't stop laughing. It was like saying hello to that long lost friend of yours who used to bully the hell out of you in school and steal your lunch money.

It's exquisite torture...

Its a shame i cant fit that into a siggy :(

kurai
26-10-04, 21:16
It's exquisite torture...I know what you mean.

I always find myself with a wry grin when I notice little things like one of the many spelling mistakes, or German sentence constructions that have crept into English scripts.

Some of them have been around for four years - they are almost family now :D

(Possibly like the ... strange ... cousin with the ginger hair and squiffy eye who always sits mutely in the corner at family get-togethers obsessively counting his shirt buttons)

Ebonwulf
26-10-04, 21:17
I've developed a nack for bitching creatively...That you can quote. :D

//edit: To make a point without another post, what they have here is a great mix between two genre's of games that I happen to love: RPG's (mmo or otherwise), and shooters. It's got me back in to it when I've yet to return to another mmorpg after I've sated my thirst for it.

FatDogg
26-10-04, 21:59
I know what you mean.

I always find myself with a wry grin when I notice little things like one of the many spelling mistakes, or German sentence constructions that have crept into English scripts.

Some of them have been around for four years - they are almost family now :D

(Possibly like the ... strange ... cousin with the ginger hair and squiffy eye who always sits mutely in the corner at family get-togethers obsessively counting his shirt buttons)

I personaly like how if you hit the '?' for help on almost anything it still has the beta 3 help screens...

tiikeri
26-10-04, 22:02
Fuck playershops, fuck everything new.

Hope for them to fix the issues concerning the gameplay.
I.E. Drones, DX9, etc.

Just a note, i do have a droner, but he's on other account which i haven't upgraded yet. So i'm just trying to defend those guys who whine that drones ain't working.

Gameplay > new content.

Birkoff
26-10-04, 22:07
When its finished... its due with NC3 i heard... just rumours.... NC3: Escape to New Tokyo

Odin
26-10-04, 22:08
I haven't heard anything lately. I'll ask around and see what I come up with.

tiikeri
26-10-04, 22:10

Instead of doing that, i'd suggest you encouraging them to fix the present issues what are urgent :)

joran420
26-10-04, 22:17
thanks odin ignore those guys i think player shops are integral to the player economy

tiikeri
26-10-04, 22:19
player shops are less important than things that matters the game.

which you want more? Stable client or some feeking shops?
If you say shops, i'd have to ask what mushrooms you've been eating.

Edit: i'm not saying that it wouldn't be fun to get some new content. I just say, that it's not that important atm.

joran420
26-10-04, 22:33
neocron has never been stable.....and it never will be imho.....

if you want them to fix the fre before anything else itll be 10 years before we see anything

player shops are more important than WOC imho
Player shops are more important than drones imho

-FN-
26-10-04, 22:38

If not an ETA - at least perhaps an overview of how it's planned to work? Kinda like the feature list of DoY that MJS released way back when. Perhaps we could suggest improvements that would save time?

MrChumble
26-10-04, 22:41
The game doesn't work without player shops. Last I heard it was top of the list with item tracking (which I assume is needed for player shops to work properly).

Unless the game is crashing every 30 seconds, which it ain't, I can't think of anything more important to knock the shops off the top spot. Drone bugs are annoying, but after 2 years what's a few more months :D

tiikeri
26-10-04, 22:47
I could say few nasty words what you could do, but instead of saying em, i keep em to myself.

Drones > playershops.

Fixing an entire class > shops.

joran420
26-10-04, 22:49
yeh but without shops the entire game is broken

drones at least only affect one class

tiikeri
26-10-04, 22:50
Drones are in the game already, so how can something that isn't in the game get it wrecked?

MrChumble
26-10-04, 22:52
Drones are in the game already, so how can something that isn't in the game get it wrecked?
Take out your heart, see if your brain still works.

Edit: which isn't a flame, replace brain with lungs if it makes you feel happier.

joran420
26-10-04, 22:53
the current item distribution proccess relies heavily on the not yet implemented player shops

tiikeri
26-10-04, 23:30
No seriously. Answer me, How something that isn't in the game (yet) can already wreck it?

And everheard TRADE channels? So far we have managed without playershops, so why all the suddenly we can't live without em?
"ONOS NOSAFEZONES" -> go TH.

MrChumble
26-10-04, 23:43
No seriously. Answer me, How something that isn't in the game (yet) can already wreck it?
To quote myself, or near enough:

Take out your heart, see if your brain still works.

This is an analogy, or perhaps a metaphor, I never was too hot at that stuff.

Take the analogy to another level. Your body is NC1. Somone takes your body, shuffles all the pieces around and calls it Body2. Unfortunately they left the heart out, but assure you it'll be transplanted in later. You stumble around a bit then fall over dead. This is NC2 without player shops.

The NC2 economy is designed - I use the term loosely - with player shops in mind. Stuff is hard to find. Hell I've not even found half the stuff I need yet and I have the head start of knowing it's out there someplace. Player shops are the pump that drives the system - the heart - and without it the game is just limping along inches from death.

Drone bugs are annoying but are easily overcome (don't go droner, no brainer). Stability issues are rare and mostly local issues rather than server issues. Without a viable economy, which player shops will provide, the game is just plain b0rked.

-FN-
26-10-04, 23:44
I'm gonna build the strongest building in the world. It's going to be able to withstand earthquakes, plane crashes, and meteors. It will also hold 1,000,000 people at once without a problem. One of the major design points to this building and it's success will be the revolutionary new design of it's foundation.

Construction on the building starts next week. We plan on adding the revolutionary foundation sometime in 2006.

Faction Specialization *is* part of the game too. Loyalty to your faction is undermined because you cannot support/represent your faction and it's items via Playershops. Drones are part of the game and only half-work. Factions are part of the game and only half-work as per the initial design.

Sorry if the analogy was bad, I'm tired.

MrChumble
26-10-04, 23:50
Sorry if the analogy was bad, I'm tired.
Better than mine.

Is there any reason you're using that annoying blue colour by the way? It makes my brain hurt.

Idola
26-10-04, 23:53
I'm just waiting for the first group of players' to lose items through the player shops.

Suddenly people will be shouting about Reakktor rushing the player shops into the game. Heh.

joran420
27-10-04, 00:35
I'm just waiting for the first group of players' to lose items through the player shops.

Suddenly people will be shouting about Reakktor rushing the player shops into the game. Heh.

ppl will more likely bitch for not having them added sooner to be tested

G.0.D.
27-10-04, 00:36
Seems th (on terra at least) has been pimped out in preperation for player shops (A bunch of densly populated store like stalls have been placed)

-FN-
27-10-04, 00:44
Better than mine.

Is there any reason you're using that annoying blue colour by the way? It makes my brain hurt.

When the forums were upgraded last, I wanted to pick a color and always post in it so that I could quickly scroll through pages and see where I had posted or if anyone had quoted me. I would've picked orange but A) it looks like the text is links and B) Raycor went and picked it before me. I've thought about changing it, but I just got used to scrolling down and picking DeepSkyBlue everytime *shrug*

As for the item loss/testing - NPC Playershops and Item Tracking, I can only imagine, will need *extensive* testing. With any other product that would've happened in it's Beta - but we'll be doing our testing (hopefully) on the Test Server... which has yet to be setup :(

MrChumble
27-10-04, 00:46

For the first week at least after player shops are patched in I won't be selling anything more valuable than a milky ren through them :D

joran420
27-10-04, 00:54
Seems th (on terra at least) has been pimped out in preperation for player shops (A bunch of densly populated store like stalls have been placed)

these new? or just the stuff in TH 3 thats been there a long while?

nobody2004
27-10-04, 01:02

GOD, I'm really happy player shops will be available sometime soon.

Have you heard anything about drones ?

May I suggest that if drones can't be fixed very soon we riggers get (at least) a skill point release SOON (before all have left the game) ?

TIA

Ozzon
27-10-04, 01:06
Mmmm shoppy? or there was some strange office like party in TH? O_o

joran420
27-10-04, 01:28
oh SEX

tiikeri
27-10-04, 01:33
Well who gets the stuff TO player shops? Players.
So what is causing this that all suddenly,instead of spamming TRADE with WTB/WTS/WTT, ppl don't have any clues how to get imps. I know the issue with IE lvl 3 backbones. You just can't buy or loot them nor res/cst.

But by providing few NPC who sell these "missing" stuff, KK could temporary fix the problem.

May I suggest that if drones can't be fixed very soon we riggers get (at least) a skill point release SOON (before all have left the game) ?

This is what i mean. How many oldies have left the game because of the things that was promised, ain't there. Yes, playershops is one of those things. But that isn't preventing ppl from playing the class they have chosen. Or like few days ago some newbie wrote here about his/hers bad start. He/she made a droner, launched, lost, got new one, lost, no more money - "shit happens?"

In summary, all these missing/broken things have cost KK a big penny. So for the sake of the players left in game, imho i would recomend KK fixing the already existing things, rather than pushing something new content to the game, which would probably lead to big bunch of new problems. I.E. missing stuff, exploiting etc.

P.S: forgive my mother and father for not being native english talking folks. And because of that, i MIGHT lack some of the fancy vocabulary or the cabability to understand some riddles like
Take out your heart, see if your brain still works. Yeah sure i can translate that, but the meaning of it is a whole different thing. Yes, my english sucks, i know that, but hey, i'm not mocking u cause you can't talk/write finnish.

MrChumble
27-10-04, 01:42
Yeah sure i can translate that, but the meaning of it is a whole different thing.
I expanded on the meaning in my next post, but basically I mean NC2 won't work if vital parts are missing (ie player shops). It should translate literally - your brain won't work without your heart.

giga191
27-10-04, 01:49

And everheard TRADE channels? So far we have managed without playershops, so why all the suddenly we can't live without em?
"ONOS NOSAFEZONES" -> go TH.
I sense an increase in your presence on the forums. Get ingame > forums

tiikeri
27-10-04, 03:23
I sense an increase in your presence on the forums. Get ingame > forums

Lol gigz ;) check my "avatar".. more or less when i'm spamming on forums i'm at work, and bored. And some recent info about off me being away from coms a lot on clan forums too. but basicly.. it's just my new app :) just to pose a bit.. 3 rooms, kitchen, dressroom (or what's it called), AND A FUCKING SAUNA! :)

Back to topic...
@Chumble
I expanded on the meaning in my next post, but basically I mean NC2 won't work if vital parts are missing (ie player shops).
But call me moron, but i'm not getting this. Why something that can be done by interacting with other ppl is so "vital" for the game. Yes - it would make things easier to buy/sell em, but now you just have to do it manually.

Oh, and has there been any official word or anything HOW will ppl know where/which players shop sells the certain thing you want? Or do you have to spam Trade to tell ppl what your shop is selling, and where?
Soooo.. i see it could go couple ways: 1) There is some sort of playershop channel where they spam themselves. 2) you have to spam on trade, what your npc is selling. 3) do it like you do it now - WTS/WTB @ Trade.

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 03:30
I could say few nasty words what you could do, but instead of saying em, i keep em to myself.

Drones > playershops.

Fixing an entire class > shops.

as i was going to say.

i have managed to lom from melee to rifle, get equiped, hunt, rare hunt, cave and pvp on my PE in about 3 weeks.

my hyb will take longer, but hybs suck at leveling (low tl spells, high rank)

the game works without shops... unless you refuse to use the trade channel and want to only talk to NPC's...

for all the droners the game does not work. drones > item tracking > player shops

tiikeri
27-10-04, 03:36
as i was going to say.
the game works without shops... unless you refuse to use the trade channel and want to only talk to NPC's...

for all the droners the game does not work. drones > item tracking > player shops

Yup, that's more or less my point too.

And i'm not even huge fan of droning, i sure have one cst/droner, but droning just isn't my thing.

But still i'd like to see things fixed/done like you said. drones > item tracking > <addsomethingthatneedsfixbadlyhere> > player shops.

ch0ppy
27-10-04, 07:14
Can you imagine if they put player shops in game and
it has bugs and players lose there goods up for sale.
I say take your time.

Riddle
27-10-04, 14:50
Originally Posted by Jesterthegreat
as i was going to say.

Are you serious>>? WTF???

For example :-

I have a pro city monk who can't access any spells worth having or PA without meeting in the OZ somewhere to deal with a anti city who charges shitloads for something I could buy for half the price if player shops where in. Or Techaven I know ( safer )

This is all a massive time synch. Takes time to chat trade channel and be noticed amongst the SPAM. Far to much spam lately.
Also people then dm and I get,
'is that all you need?? not worth the time or money cya ':(
back to trade, blah blah blah

If shops come in, prices will come down due to competition and item availability will be higher= Better setup chars more Gankage :D

hinch
27-10-04, 14:57
When its finished... its due with NC3 i heard... just rumours.... NC3: Escape to New Tokyo

NC3: Escape to SWG

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 17:28
Are you serious>>? WTF???

For example :-

I have a pro city monk who can't access any spells worth having or PA without meeting in the OZ somewhere to deal with a anti city who charges shitloads for something I could buy for half the price if player shops where in. Or Techaven I know ( safer )

This is all a massive time synch. Takes time to chat trade channel and be noticed amongst the SPAM. Far to much spam lately.
Also people then dm and I get,
'is that all you need?? not worth the time or money cya ':(
back to trade, blah blah blah

If shops come in, prices will come down due to competition and item availability will be higher= Better setup chars more Gankage :D

going to TH is acceptable (thats where player shops would be anyway i assume...)

drones being fucked and making an ntire weapon line useless is not