PDA

View Full Version : Inventory gone after log off and back in.

Seven
26-10-04, 06:40
Used to be able to log off and back on to an alt character with almost no problem aside from the occasional sync error. (always used Esc and waited a full 30 seconds)

Now, it's always no inventory or a sync error.
Have to log on twice everytime I switch.

Nothing has changed on my end.

Terra server.

|R@zor|
26-10-04, 07:18
I used to have that bug every time, now more often than not its right-click bug, also unable to cast any spells, it does the animation but it wont actually cast

Seven
26-10-04, 09:08
Wonderful. o_O

angelsenior
26-10-04, 12:48
[ edited ]

MaGn0lia
26-10-04, 13:56
Lucky bastard, I have to terminate the client in order to alt, can't just esc and wait till the char is offline and log another char, it just won't log.

Quake
26-10-04, 13:59
Well lol what can you say, it is Neocron all these years and the bugs from early beta is still there :)

Enemy
26-10-04, 14:26
I get this bug now and then.

I am getting it a LOT today so I think something's fucked on the server. Hopefully we don't get another rollback.

whifix
26-10-04, 19:42
I got this bug majorly last night. Logged in on one of my chars... inventory, QB, Armor was gone. Relogged.... partial inventory, partial QB, some armor. Relogged... incorrect inventory which included a stack of 500 psi booster 1's... relogged, sync, relogged, sync, more inventory bug.... went on for 25 relogs till i got to a point that I think I had everything but if not it was close enough.

Ascension
26-10-04, 20:19
Note to KK: take a database back up every 5 mins imo :rolleyes:

Seven
26-10-04, 23:01

That's about what is needed at this point.

I would say set it to auto backup every half hour.
And have a backup of the backup stored in another location.
Seriously.

J. Folsom
26-10-04, 23:01
That'd just increase the amount of synching and incorrect inventory bugs since most of the time the database server would be too busy backing itself up, which means it doesn't have enough processing time for the request handling. :p