PDA

View Full Version : Patch 115

Birkoff
25-10-04, 18:55
Where is it? :S

Sorin
25-10-04, 18:57
They're working up the nerve to ginuea pig the patch on Terra again. Any day now...........

THE_TICK!!!!
25-10-04, 18:58
any idea whats sposed to be in it ?

Birkoff
25-10-04, 18:59
WOC at fucking last I hope :)

It was a "easy scripting error" about 8 months ago now (exageration *koff*)
Might give me some reason to log in for more than 10 minutes.

Omnituens
25-10-04, 19:00
probably the WoC fix, my guess is the patch they have made wiped the current XP you had, or somethign just as weird.

Some drone fixes were supposed to be in there iirc.

-Demon-
25-10-04, 19:23
Other posts suggest that they are looking at the Terra DB problems first..no doubt a patch would bring more issues again and piss off ppl.

I don't mind waiting if the server issues are resolved although other mind not agree :P

Dribble Joy
25-10-04, 19:32
I was only told that, it's not official.
Thanny did say it would be delayed to next week. There is another 6+ days of next week left.

DigestiveBiscui
25-10-04, 19:33
my bet

they will change it back to the fact u have to have completed the epic to make a clan

its been a month now...

Birkoff
25-10-04, 20:30
Thanny did say it would be delayed to next week. There is another 6+ days of next week left.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=116757

my bet

they will change it back to the fact u have to have completed the epic to make a clan

its been a month now...

Well they chanegd it 1 way I'mn sure it would only take 10 seconds to change back.

Can't exactly argue about the terra problems, they could at least just make a backup before they make the patch and Terra people will expect a problem anyway. If they sort WOC there will be a poin to play again at least.

Everyone thanked them when they were making small patches. Why can't the carry on.

(eXo) Opaleye
25-10-04, 20:48
C'mon - they are patching with almost unremembered regularity. :D

"I slipped 'ol KK a bunch of fiber bars in their vending machines". :lol: :lol:

As to why patch 115 diddn't arrive on schedule. :mad: Someone must have debunked some of my cryptic coded messages to my "insider" there at KK and made a recommendation to the dev team not to eat the "breakfast bars".

This will be taken in stride and a new plan immediately implemented to keep them "regular" again. :p

Ps. WTB - New insider operative at KK. :lol:

Smok3d
25-10-04, 20:52
if a patch is coming then get ready for a roll back :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

msdong
25-10-04, 20:55

the "patchweek" only have 3 days left

Dribble Joy
25-10-04, 21:12
As to why patch 115 diddn't arrive on schedule.This. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=116680)
Then this. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=116757)
Due to this. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=116858)

Frotto
25-10-04, 21:19
everyone who thinks that terra is the old saturn server raise your hand. Why did KK make the only english server the "known" problem server? Hm... they dont like us me thinks. Grrrr.

MaGn0lia
25-10-04, 21:21
WTS - bug patches for neocron :D

Birkoff
25-10-04, 21:24
everyone who thinks that terra is the old saturn server raise your hand. Why did KK make the only english server the "known" problem server? Hm... they dont like us me thinks. Grrrr.

I don't see Terra as the new Saturn server, i haven't foudn that many new bugs only old beta 4 bugs b/c KK are.....

I jsut want something worth logging on to do IE WOC.

I'f I'd flammed or something I would of got immediate responce, as its something that going to help the community KK don't reply.. how fucking unusual.

Frotto
25-10-04, 21:32
All i'm saying is that Saturn was known to always have the "ghost in the machine" so to speak. Always something funky going on. Seems that Terra was installed on Saturn's old Hardware. If you remember, they "Upgraded" it right before the nc2 release because the old hw failed. If you ask me its a problem with the ram. The memory modules aren't very compatible. My advice as a Computer Technician myself is to go out and get new ram, 2 gig strips or 4 gig strips. Get ram that is compatible.

Having ram that is incompatible in the least bit can certainly contribute to unexplained data corruption. If you've ever downloaded a file off the internet and then tried to run it but it always gave you errors. Probably ram (as long as the file its self wasn't borked) That is certainly a great place to start and if it fixes it then GREAT if not, you can send it back i'm sure, or you've got spare ram for when something does go wrong. Either way, its gotta be a hw issue and its probably in the ram.

Endar
25-10-04, 21:35
Terra aint running on the same hardware as Saturn was. It has been stated and besides, the Saturn is still up :p

Dribble Joy
25-10-04, 21:37
I jsut want something worth logging on to do IE WOC.

They said that WoC fix would be in the next patch. In teh sticky above.

tiikeri
25-10-04, 21:48
Terra aint running on the same hardware as Saturn was. It has been stated and besides, the Saturn is still up :p

They just switched the hamsters. Or the poor saturns hamster is powering up both Saturn and Terra.

Frotto
25-10-04, 21:57

I thought all the old NC servers were combined into one NC1 Server. If so who knows what servers went where? and if it isnt Saturn thats powering Terra... WTF? I was on Terra when the "corruption" was going on. The colors were all messed up, I had to relog like 5 times just to get it playable. It was borked.

Endar
25-10-04, 22:03
I was on the Terra too then (I even have one pic about green man with a ear on his back :D). The servers were NOT combinet, there are Pluto, Saturn, Uranus and all those other servers still running in Neocron 1. You can check it if you dont belive me :)

:angel: Just got to love .hack//SIGN! :angel:

QuantumDelta
25-10-04, 22:03
Sorry to burst your saturnian bubbles, but uranus had far more problems than saturn EVER did in terms of server hardware, far far FAR more crashes than any other servers (Since it used to crash _DAILY_ - Exagerating not).
Also, all of the NC1 servers are still fully functional afaik.
The only server that has been 'taken down' is test, from what I've seen/heard/been shown.

And;
They said 115 would be pushed back to 'this week' --- IT'S MONDAY eesh.

Spermy
25-10-04, 22:09
if a patch is coming then get ready for a roll back :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dude - Roll backs only happen when jester LOMS.

Simple solution - Tie Jester up. :angel:

Birkoff
25-10-04, 22:13
They said that WoC fix would be in the next patch. In teh sticky above.

Yup.....

Hence why I'm asking when the patch is :)

-Demon-
25-10-04, 22:17
Might go off usual patch day which was Thursdays..thats if they havn't had anymore tech issues

Frotto
25-10-04, 22:35
I was on the Terra too then (I even have one pic about green man with a ear on his back :D). The servers were NOT combinet, there are Pluto, Saturn, Uranus and all those other servers still running in Neocron 1. You can check it if you dont belive me :)

:angel: Just got to love .hack//SIGN! :angel:

Then KK needs to stop building white box servers :) ;)

darknessfairy
25-10-04, 22:41
Please people. Will you stop stressing KK out even more than they need, they are working alot recently.

I really don't think you lot understand how much they all work do you.

I put it to each and everyone of you. If you can do it better, then pls go t o Hannover and take over, and get NC2 perfect in a day.

If you cannot pls hush, or if you are theat annoyed then you know where the "cancel" button is :angel:

Spermy
25-10-04, 22:43
Please people. Will you stop stressing KK out even more than they need, they are working alot recently.

I put it to each and everyone of you. If you can do it better, then pls go t o Hannover and take over, and get NC2 perfect in a day.

If you cannot pls hush, or if you are theat annoyed then you know where the "cancel" button is :angel:

Well... I thought my solution was quite sensible. :(

Birkoff
25-10-04, 23:13

more mock (waits for DJ)

One day? lol
Pointless talking to all the people like you, I'm sure they could of patched what they had doen last wek but they said they had technical problems, thats fine. But as they have had nearly a week longer than they said the patch was expected i assumed it would be here 3pm'ish monday.

Shame...... they might finish WOC one day then they can stop the excuses, and start on item tracking. No offence to the programmer (codi?) I'm sure he has enough on his plate but being told we are getting things that arn't half finished in beta and they know it is a bit of a mock when it still isn't finished 2 months later and the patches don't even come on time.

Jesterthegreat
25-10-04, 23:13
Dude - Roll backs only happen when jester LOMS.

Simple solution - Tie Jester up. :angel:

im done lommin now so lets hope its over

Smock
26-10-04, 03:39
im done lommin now so lets hope its over

*Expects rollback to occur any moment now*

amfest
26-10-04, 03:47
I thought all the old NC servers were combined into one NC1 Server. If so who knows what servers went where? and if it isnt Saturn thats powering Terra... WTF? I was on Terra when the "corruption" was going on. The colors were all messed up, I had to relog like 5 times just to get it playable. It was borked.
Nope. I haven't gotten NC2 yet for obvious reasons, but when I log onto NC1 all servers are still up and I can play with all my characters on them. the other day I logged on and there was like 6 on saturn, 4 on uranus 2 on pluto and umm 0 on venus and a few on Jupiter ..heh.

Spermy
26-10-04, 11:52
more mock (waits for DJ)

One day? lol
Pointless talking to all the people like you, I'm sure they could of patched what they had doen last wek but they said they had technical problems, thats fine. But as they have had nearly a week longer than they said the patch was expected i assumed it would be here 3pm'ish monday.

Shame...... they might finish WOC one day then they can stop the excuses, and start on item tracking. No offence to the programmer (codi?) I'm sure he has enough on his plate but being told we are getting things that arn't half finished in beta and they know it is a bit of a mock when it still isn't finished 2 months later and the patches don't even come on time.

Fine - If your not happy with NC - Take a wee break - And go and have a look at lineage - or Evercrash. Or you could give Guildwars a try for free on friday.

Point is - If you don't like the service - you don't have to take it fella, you can always spend your money elsewhere and come back when (and I'm confident it will be when!) it's sorted out.

OR!!!

This is the fun bit - 100 bucks gets you a copy of the torque engine - complete with source - it's entirely open ended - allowing you to build on what is there - It's Rock solid and proven ( Tribes - Tribes 2) all the graphics are reworkable - importing skeletal animations and your own mesh (3dstudio), interiors are done using worldcraft + QEradiant(?) It's piss easy to use - is the dogs bollocks - It's in use for the HAVEN engine (more of this later - SSC get the scoop first because - frankly they rock my socks)

http://www.garagegames.com/

Also comes with fully Int. Content packs if you can't do some of the stuff yourself - It took a 3 man team only 6 months to create a high grossing Game called Think Tanks.

Simply put - it's your chance to show people how it's done if you have 100 bucks - then there's really no excuse not to have a crack.

Bugs Gunny
26-10-04, 12:42
The whole NC2 unfinnished release thing was probably brought about by pressure from publishers and management.

I would have been quite happy if they had waited another 6 months with the release and made sure that hacknet, WOC, memory leak, player shops and gliders were fixed.

I understand the amount of work for KK's employees, but i prefer stability over releasing half finnished unstable products.
Most people would prefer delayed patches etc over rollbacks.

Tratos
26-10-04, 12:52
The whole NC2 unfinnished release thing was probably brought about by pressure from publishers and management.

I would have been quite happy if they had waited another 6 months with the release and made sure that hacknet, WOC, memory leak, player shops and gliders were fixed.

I understand the amount of work for KK's employees, but i prefer stability over releasing half finnished unstable products.
Most people would prefer delayed patches etc over rollbacks.

Another pressure group to push the release was probably us, lol

And what im hoping, is that pretty much all the show stopping bugs are gone (Random FREs, memory leak etc) and all the content which was supposed to be for DoY Retail, is all working when the Box version becomes available, fair enough its not fair on the long time players but the box version new blood (if and when it comes) will not give up as easily as come did when they came here for Retail.

Oh and i hope they patch today :D

greendonkeyuk
26-10-04, 13:38
im gonna hedge my bets and say thursday is patch day. just because it used to be.

Quake
26-10-04, 13:57
Sorry to burst your saturnian bubbles, but uranus had far more problems than saturn EVER did in terms of server hardware, far far FAR more crashes than any other servers (Since it used to crash _DAILY_ - Exagerating not).
Also, all of the NC1 servers are still fully functional afaik.
The only server that has been 'taken down' is test, from what I've seen/heard/been shown.

And;
They said 115 would be pushed back to 'this week' --- IT'S MONDAY eesh.

Wasnt Saturn rollbacked like 4-5 weeks at one point? Hey btw Quantum :)

Birkoff
26-10-04, 14:10
Fine - If your not happy with NC - Take a wee break - And go and have a look at lineage - or Evercrash. Or you could give Guildwars a try for free on friday.

So what your saying is if your not pleased with a game you should buy you own engine and try to make your own game... lol weird world some people live in mate :)

*hopes it will be today*

Spermy
26-10-04, 15:05
:rolleyes:

Fine - don't wanna put your money where your mouth is?

Then I ain't going to take you seriously.

And, for those who haven't seen me ingame - yes - it is a strange world I'm living in - and have been in before on numerous mod teams.

I'm working on a commercial project right now as a matter of fact - Haven. So, consider my mouth - right where the money's at.

"mate"

:lol:

Endar
26-10-04, 18:16
Seems like no patch today...

Someone, please release me from my misery...

Anyone...?

Aww fuck it, Im going to do it my self then...
*Launches RYL*

*Warning*

The game called "Risk Your Life" or RYL can cause permanate braindamage, and if played too much even coma can occure.

If you know whats good for you, dont try it kids.

SovKhan
26-10-04, 18:19

Point is - If you don't like the service - you don't have to take it fella, you can always spend your money elsewhere and come back when (and I'm confident it will be when!) it's sorted out.

actually since the roll over of payments from nc1 hes not paying for his account like many others. he has already paid to play neocron for this time period so i can understand the frustration. "taking a break" would just be wasting money already spent on the game.

Spermy
26-10-04, 18:21
Okay - new analogy - You pay up front for mega funganza 3.

Funganza 3 just so happens to be a brick wall - the objective is to bash away with your noggin.

Even if you had payed beforehand - would you want to bash the old noggin?

Endar
26-10-04, 18:25
Okay - new analogy - You pay up front for mega funganza 3.

Funganza 3 just so happens to be a brick wall - the objective is to bash away with your noggin.

Even if you had payed beforehand - would you want to bash the old noggin?

Sometimes I just dont get you Spermy... By the way, are you still in FA? Im thinking about creating a FA droner when ReaKKtor finds and fixes whats wrong with em...

SovKhan
26-10-04, 18:30
nc2 is not a new game, its nc1 with shitty models, animations, and rpos, hacknet, and a new city. with nothing to do. the promise of high level content invloved shifting around items between factions and a reset of the economy.

you cannot compare nc2 to a new game for the simple reason that it is not.

26-10-04, 18:34
Another pressure group to push the release was probably us, lol

Since DoY was originally slated for 6 months after NC release you cant really say KK have an excuse for pushing it out the door early......

.....really its increadibly late and to be honest they would probably have been better off sticking to the original plan for its content and not trying to push the boat out any further than that.....

...the problem with that of course is they would have had to have stuck with the original price (free) since there wouldnt have been enough content to justify charging for it!

and thus the men in suits who push pens and want money reveal themselves!

Spermy
26-10-04, 18:41
Sometimes I just dont get you Spermy... By the way, are you still in FA? Im thinking about creating a FA droner when ReaKKtor finds and fixes whats wrong with em...

Whats not to get?

Anyways - yus - Still SSC - ust haven't played in almost 2 weeks for anything longer than an hour - Haven and Uni dominate my time at the mo.

Best bet is to get in touch with SSX - or R2K.

I wouldn't bother with a droner even if the bugs are fixed - purely because there's nowt to shoot in the dome.

jernau
26-10-04, 19:57
Sorry to burst your saturnian bubbles, but uranus had far more problems than saturn EVER did in terms of server hardware, far far FAR more crashes than any other servers (Since it used to crash _DAILY_ - Exagerating not).Not wanting to turn this into a Monty Python sketch but : You really didn't know shit servers if you weren't on Saturn.

@Spermy - do you refine your own iron ore to make saucepans too?

QuantumDelta
26-10-04, 20:23
Not wanting to turn this into a Monty Python sketch but : You really didn't know shit servers if you weren't on Saturn.
Played all servers, definately had friends that played all/each server regularly.

So I know.
However I'm mainly refering to uranus' early days, and ya know....the reason uranus had had a lower pop count than other servers for a long time.

jernau
26-10-04, 20:44
Played all servers, definately had friends that played all/each server regularly.

So I know.
However I'm mainly refering to uranus' early days, and ya know....the reason uranus had had a lower pop count than other servers for a long time.
I wasn't on Uranus very much at the start but I know Saturn had a, now eerily familiar, month or so of rollbacks and cab/apt wipes.

It was quite a few months after NC1 launched when there wasn't a sticky on here about the latest disaster on Saturn.

I'm not saying other servers didn't have their problems of course ;).

Omnituens
26-10-04, 21:12
Sorry to burst your saturnian bubbles, but uranus had far more problems than saturn EVER did in terms of server hardware

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/daniel_rogers1/forum/secureshit.jpg

Uranus may have crashed more, but actual DAMAGE wise to information, saturn takes the biscuit imo

Clownst0pper
26-10-04, 21:14
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/daniel_rogers1/forum/secureshit.jpg

Uranus may have crashed more, but actual DAMAGE wise to information, saturn takes the biscuit imo

LOL owned

Spermy
26-10-04, 21:54

Sorry - Lamens please - Is this still about me suggesting Birkoff put his money where his mouth is?

I R reeeeeeeaaallly lost fella... :(

Birkoff
26-10-04, 22:05

RoFl, he made me laugh in the first place but that put it in a totally different perpective :D

I grow all my own food ya know :D

Jesterthegreat
26-10-04, 22:21
there were prolly months when Uranus would crash daily. QD was teklling the truth.

the 9pm backup would come around... Uranus would be down for sometimes hours before kk noticed it didnt come back up...

tiikeri
26-10-04, 22:25
there were prolly months when Uranus would crash daily. QD was teklling the truth.

Aye, so did saturn. Daily fuckups, weekly rollbacks, missing stuff, MISSION BUG, and the cherry on the top of all fuckups.. the months rollback just before DOY.

jernau
26-10-04, 22:26
Sorry - Lamens please - Is this still about me suggesting Birkoff put his money where his mouth is?

I R reeeeeeeaaallly lost fella... :(Lemons?? :wtf:

Yeah, it's about that.

My point is that I pay lots of people to do things I'm not going to do myself for a variety of reasons. I don't feel the need to do it myself or even understand what or how they do it, other than out of intellectual curiosity.

I'm not going to grow my own food, I'm not going to refine ore for metal to make cutlery, I'm not going to grow and fell my own forrest to make firewood and furniture, I'm not going to drill for oil to run my car, I'm not going to purify my own water and I'm not going to write my own games to play.

I know how to do all of the above, in theory at least, but it makes no sense to do it myself when someone else is offering the service.

The complaint many have here is that the actual service does not match that which was offered. Likewise if a restaurant served me rotten food, piss came out my taps or my new car had 3 wheels I would complain.

Spermy
26-10-04, 22:26
RoFl, he made me laugh in the first place but that put it in a totally different perpective :D

I grow all my own food ya know :D

"Mock TBf-ingH"

Lemons?? :wtf:

No no, LAMENS - like I said - was just giving the benefit of the doubt to what I percieved as a snide comment.

Yeah, it's about that.

My point is that I pay lots of people to do things I'm not going to do myself for a variety of reasons. I don't feel the need to do it myself or even understand what or how they do it, other than out of intellectual curiosity.

Fair do's - Service where service is due - age old standpoint of you don't have to pay.

I'm not going to grow my own food, I'm not going to refine ore for metal to make cutlery, I'm not going to grow and fell my own forrest to make firewood and furniture, I'm not going to drill for oil to run my car, I'm not going to purify my own water and I'm not going to write my own games to play.

Well fine - Just don't expect me to put weight in your words. Just working with an engine gives you an understanding of how difficult it is to make a game - I suggest you do indulge your curiosity just a tad - even with something as simple as worldcraft map ED if the pace is too much for ya.

I know how to do all of the above, in theory at least, but it makes no sense to do it myself when someone else is offering the service.

Fair do's - I wasn't saying you had to. I was Pimping the Indie development scene to someone who quite clearly thinks he knows better - I was giving him the oppurtunity to prove it - and maybe help him get a bit of insight.

The complaint many have here is that the actual service does not match that which was offered. Likewise if a restaurant served me rotten food, piss came out my taps or my new car had 3 wheels I would complain.

Why yes, yes you would. But then - you would also refuse to drink said piss, eat said food, and possibly not drive that robin reliant. Same as You don't HAVE to pay - and you certainly don't HAVE to play - if it's not up to your standards - go and find something that is - No - I'm not telling you to fuck off or anything - I'm simply letting you know that there are other things apart from NC which are just as good.

-Demon-
26-10-04, 22:31
I really don't get you.

Finally you feel the same as most of us feel about what the hell you post most if not all of the time.

Spermy
26-10-04, 22:42
Finally you feel the same as most of us feel about what the hell you post most if not all of the time.

See - the language is english fella.

E-N-G-L-I-S-H

Box <------

Me thinking<-------

You lot -> Oh Cool! Let's all just bitch and whine!!! YAY!

jernau
26-10-04, 22:46
Isn't "thinking outside the box" just something the lowest breed of middle-managers are trained to repeat as a warning to others that they lack any shred of originality or intelligence? It's the verbal equivalent of a dunce hat.

Always seemed that way to me.

:angel:

/edit - no offence to you Spermy, I think you are usually pretty OK just prone to occasional bouts of Benjiism that time will cure sooner or later.

MrChumble
26-10-04, 22:48
Box <------

Me thinking<-------
You're thinking inside the box...I thought thinking outside the box was meant to be gooder O_o

Spermy
26-10-04, 22:48
K, so feel free to gimme the thumbs up or down on the post beforehand - cos I reckon I pretty much summed up my reasoning in that.

Also - A question to anyone riding my ass (Oh god - my poor sweet ass) over the engine pimpage -

Can you do better?

Yes or No?

@ chumbles - It would depend - what if everyone INSIDE the box was thinking "Let's go eat some Cyanide"?

MrChumble
26-10-04, 22:51
Can you do better?

Yes or No?
Give me infinite monkeys and infinite compilers and yeah, sure.

Sorry I've no idea what this thread is about, I hope it doesn't show. I'll read back and edit the post with something equally unconstructive but a little more on topic.

Birkoff
26-10-04, 22:51
"Mock TBf-ingH"

Your learning!!1 :lol: :lol:

Strange, I understood him perfectly

Give me infinite monkeys and infinite compilers and yeah, sure.

Sorry I've no idea what this thread is about, I hope it doesn't show. I'll read back and edit the post with something equally unconstructive but a little more on topic.

To some the thread up, I was asking where the patch is and for some reason Spermy here thinks i should code my own game b/c the patch is late.

Don't ask me :P

MrChumble
26-10-04, 22:55
To some the thread up, I was asking where the patch is and for some reason Spermy here thinks i should code my own game b/c the patch is late.

Ahh I see. Surely the sticky covers this? "Next week" posted last week would mean this week, and as the week is still in progress it's safe to assume that it'll come out next month with less features and a price hike.

Birkoff
26-10-04, 22:58
Ahh I see. Surely the sticky covers this? "Next week" posted last week would mean this week, and as the week is still in progress it's safe to assume that it'll come out next month with less features and a price hike.

Haha.. i usually hate your posts but thats actually quite amusing :)

Well its a week late 2morrow, i kinda assumed that next week would mean monday or something better than we normally expect from KK. I guess i was wrong. Assuming and KK shouldn't go in the same sentance.

Spermy
26-10-04, 23:01

Spermy here didn't think you should - He said if you think you can do better go do it - here's a tool knock yourself out. Because I'm sick to the back teeth of Know nothings who think it's piss easy to pull something like this off, because I can assure you - it's not.

I think a good look at the engine will help you respect what the programmers and other devs have to deal with day in, day out, and then have to suffer thier work being taunted and pissed all over - by people who would flaunt thier attitude of it's not worth my money - yet still play.

That Attitude I feel is both tremendously stupid and also two - faced.

I'm all for criticism, and harsh criticism gets people motivated, but some people bitch for no other reason than - well, they want to bitch.

MrChumble
26-10-04, 23:03
Haha.. i usually hate your posts but thats actually quite amusing :)
*bows*

I'm glad to amuse, but it's not why I'm here. If it was I'd not be such a bad tempered flaming eedjit. Some people do their PvP in the game; I do it here. The keyboard is mightier than the Devil's Grace.

I assume when KK said 'next week' they meant calendar week, which gives them to either Saturday or Sunday depending on how you measure the week (ps if you answered Saturday to that question it's worth noting that you're wrong). If they'd meant 'within a week' they'd have said so. Although this is KK we're talking about so time ceases to have meaning, just like when you're in a black hole. Which would be a fairly good description of KKs marketing department now I come to think of it; nothing can get out.

jernau
26-10-04, 23:05
K, so feel free to gimme the thumbs up or down on the post beforehand - cos I reckon I pretty much summed up my reasoning in that.
I still have no idea what "lamens" means but I guess it's of no matter.

FYI I have almost 20 years of software and IT experience. I sold my first commercial application at ~10 and although I've generally shied away from software engineering as a career I am far from inexperienced.

I agree that some people on here are unsympathetic because they are unaware of the strains on KK but their complaints as consumers are no less valid for that. If you want to take someone's money you have to accept you may also have to take their ire if you fail to deliver what they paid for. KK have failed to deliver on many, many occasions.

Telling people to "go play something else" would only make sense if a) they hadn't already paid for this game before they saw it and b) there was anything else like NC out there. The first of those is the most important and something you seem to ignore in all these threads. I personally have accounts expiring in the next few months and no intention of renewing them but until they die I have every right to play the game and also to complain about the service if it fails to meet the claims made of it when I paid for it.

MrChumble
26-10-04, 23:09
Just to put your mind at rest, Lamen means the same as "Ramen" which is Japanese for Noodles. I suppose that would technically make Lamens Noodless, but as you said it's of no matter.

jernau
26-10-04, 23:14
Just to put your mind at rest, Lamen means the same as "Ramen" which is Japanese for Noodles. I suppose that would technically make Lamens Noodless, but as you said it's of no matter.
I really don't know if you taking the mick there. :wtf:

I've never heard anyone call ramen "lamen". I assumed it was either some kind of l33t thing or a worrying attempt to make a past participle out of "llama" for reasons I'd rather not contemplate. :o

Spermy
26-10-04, 23:15

It meant can you dumb it down - you're right - Didn't really matter - mostly a mood lightener - A FREINDLY one... Didn't really work - ho hum.

FYI I have almost 20 years of software and IT experience. I sold my first commercial application at ~10 and although I've generally shied away from software engineering as a career I am far from inexperienced.

That makes no bones with me dude. I'm not impressed by "experience" - I'm impressed by people showing me. 20 years in IT can mean anything - But we're not here to discuss careers.

I agree that some people on here are unsympathetic because they are unaware of the strains on KK but their complaints as consumers are no less valid for that. If you want to take someone's money you have to accept you may also have to take their ire if you fail to deliver what they paid for. KK have failed to deliver on many, many occasions.

A true case in point - HOWEVER - doesn't really stop me from giving people an insight into just how hard it is to deliver. If they want to rant without the info - thats like running in with your gun half cocked and shooting the family dog rather than jack the ripper. Bloody pointless.

Telling people to "go play something else" would only make sense if a) they hadn't already paid for this game before they saw it and b) there was anything else like NC out there. The first of those is the most important and something you seem to ignore in all these threads.

Not really - There's a nice big shiny cancel button - Sure People who rant for a month and leave fine - they quit - they didn't pay more. Jerkoffs who rant for months on end - still paying month after month just stump me - it borders on the masochistic.

I personally have accounts expiring in the next few months and no intention of renewing them but until they die I have every right to play the game and also to complain about the service if it fails to meet the claims made of it when I paid for it.

see above - rant away - at least you won't be stupid enough to pay for another month and still realise that in your opinion the game is bollocks and KK are scamming you - how's that saying go? "shame on you if you fool me once, shame on me if you fool me twice."

Y'know sometimes I really do feel that you discard my ideas/statements - purely because I happen to be a younger - and a bit more optimistic than you.

Birkoff
26-10-04, 23:23
I think a good look at the engine will help you respect what the programmers and other devs have to deal with day in, day out, and then have to suffer thier work being taunted and pissed all over - by people who would flaunt thier attitude of it's not worth my money - yet still play.

You haven't read my past posts I see, i have already stated that its not the coders/devs fault its the general way the game is being runand put across, the way I and I think many did hope would change when DOY was released. I guess we were living in a dream world.

Your talking to me about messing around with a game engine. I played aroudn with/ learn't how to script and how the physics engine works. Made a few things with a mate (I don't do art, stick men is about the best of my art talents).

They don't "suffer" though, they bring it on themselves, they new that mechs weren't going to be out in december 2002, DOY wasn't jsut roudn the corner, anti city epics weren't goign to be out. They also knew now that item tracking isn't half coded or that WOC wasn't goign to be ready for retail yet they still said it was and is why we are paying more money.

I have no intentions of following your way of thinking as as i said before, They bring on all the flamming they get themselves. It doesn't bother them so why does it both you? :lol:

jernau
26-10-04, 23:25
I didn't know you were younger than I am or mention anything along those lines AFIAR.

You asked if I knew what was involved and could I do the job - the answer to both is an emphatic "yes".

You really have no chance persuading people not to be upset when they have been let down you know. It's human nature and ultimately their right to do so (obviously their rights to do it on this board are up to Nid and Odin). The only solution is for the provider (KK in this case) to provide a better service.

You need to remember that many people pay for 6-months at a time and the NC2 "upgrade" adds a month to that. Some people that have "quit" may well be here till March or April.

Spermy
26-10-04, 23:26
It's This attitude that annoys me.

"Implement somethin worth doin!"

I'm trying to put it across as an Independant developer just HOW HARD it is to do - and while you might want to complain - and don't get me wrong - feel free to it won't solve anything.

I would refer you to my recent quote of jernau for bit more depth.

and also

http://www.deckersds.com/ssx/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4064#4064

Something worth doing perhaps?

Birkoff
26-10-04, 23:33
It's This attitude that annoys me.

"Implement somethin worth doin!"

I'm trying to put it across as an Independant developer just HOW HARD it is to do - and while you might want to complain - and don't get me wrong - feel free to it won't solve anything.

I would refer you to my recent quote of jernau for bit more depth.

and also

http://www.deckersds.com/ssx/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4064#4064

Something worth doing perhaps?

Yes great, its nice to see when ever things are getting implemented but should I praise KK for adding these things? Didn't i jsut pay my upgrade fee and was promised that things liek this would already be there? They should of been finished before open beta was over (If there should ever of been a open beta, i wasn't im clsoed but it seemed there was MUCH better ersults during closed).
When:
Item tracking is there
WOC is finished
Player shops work
PPUs work
There is a nice population (don't go into that here please)

I'll be more than happy..... thats if they don't do what they did with beta 5 and stop patching the seconds they can. I don't care if them impement/fix only a single thing a month as long as they don't promise us more than they can offer.

As jernau jsut said I paid for 6 months jsut before the upgrade so im here till what... June with the free month..?

MrChumble
26-10-04, 23:34
I really don't know if you taking the mick there. :wtf:
My source is the highly informative and interesting http://www.worldramen.net/

It's amazing the things I never knew about noodles.

But to the subject at hand...

My view is simple, much like myself. If you don't raise a fuss over issues that matter to you then KK don't know they matter to you and won't do anything about them. If you do raise a fuss KK probably still won't do anything about them, but there's always that slim chance that Codi or someone will read it and think "why yes, chocolate powered frog zombies really are the way to go" and then you're quids in.

Worst case scenario is someone flames you for being a whiner, you have a right little flame back, get edited by Mr Nid, have a pleasant and civil discussion with him on PM about the finer points of moderating, get your ass handed to you cos he's frankly way smarter than he first appears, then go to bed happy. The simple things in life are all that matter.

Spermy
26-10-04, 23:42
Okay - fine - Dulled down a wee bit for birky.

I'm sure if you weren't happy - you could toddle off and read up a wee bit on trading standards.

Wander over to KK to cancel account - and also ask for a refund under consumer rights because xx that was promised isn't in, and shows no sign of being in in the near future - show them the proof - if it's reasonable proof - I'm sure they'd point you in the right direction for one.

After all - their Terms of service falls under consumer law - and if they say this is what is going to be in DoY and it isn't, then there's no logical reason to decline you.

bear in mind however they do have a right to change the game - which you greed to in the ToS anyhow - so if they removed the choice of mechs - they're well within thier rights too. So if you wan't your refund - you'll need the most update statement released by KK PRIOR to release of DoY.

I would suggest that you find one that was released as close to DoY going retail as possible.

There you go - you've paid for the 6 months - but if you got your money back - then there's nothing to stop you cancelling.

Totally insane - but it's mostly to make a point.

Bottom line is that you signed the ToS - you find me something to prove that they are in the wrong - I'll stop pursuing the subject. But until you do - Just re read the I agree button as - "I'm, a mug - I have money - ******** my wallet."

Birkoff
26-10-04, 23:48
I think if only one person did that it would get around, everyone who plays the game either doesn't know any better or are dreaming that the game might one day be again like it was in early retail. Noone wants to hurt the game as its the best MMo of its type out there. <- can't name this game as its completition-> sucks and the other games of its type arn't even beta till next year.

Plus why would anyone want to go through that much trouble for a measly £25.

When 9/10 people in your clan where most have played since 2002 go to play Risk Your Life beta instead of Neocon you KNOW there is something wrong PERIOD.

jernau
26-10-04, 23:49
I'd rather not take the legality issue any further but I will tell you this : The reason more people don't sue MMORPGs is nothing to do with whether they could do so successfully. It's because the financial amounts are trivial, the effort is massive and it makes you look like a really really scary geek. The few who have taken the time have often been successful regardless of what the ToS say.

Xian
27-10-04, 00:19

E-N-G-L-I-S-H

Box <------

Me thinking<-------

You lot -> Oh Cool! Let's all just bitch and whine!!! YAY!

Please don't tell me you're correcting someone else about their English.

QuantumDelta
27-10-04, 01:23
I wasn't on Uranus very much at the start but I know Saturn had a, now eerily familiar, month or so of rollbacks and cab/apt wipes.

It was quite a few months after NC1 launched when there wasn't a sticky on here about the latest disaster on Saturn.

I'm not saying other servers didn't have their problems of course ;).
Uranus crashed, daily, at 00:00 CET.

Uranus didn't really have an intensive single month of rollbacks, but back when there were a _LOT_ of people on that server (mainly capped germans oO), it frequently had rollbacks, items goin poof, lagout = no backpack = no inv = bye bye char.
Unfortunately there are very very few Uranus players from that age remaining ....
I can't think of any beyond Celt, maybe some of the FLUX, and uTs, Ex-NU. (Last two being german, and the mainstay of what's left of uranus' skilled players).
XaNToR being one of those peeps.

jernau
27-10-04, 01:31
I have to admit I don't recall anyone complaining about it at specifically at launch but what you are saying is that it had a similar start to Saturn but didn't keep it up for it's entire lifespan?

Hmm....

btw - Saturn also had it's nightly "act the goat" time-slot.

MrChumble
27-10-04, 01:35
So basically what you're saying is that by skipping beta and the first couple of weeks of retail, then playing on pluto, I became 'the win' by default? Figures.

Doesn't it seem odd that we're on the 6th page of discussion about a patch that isn't out yet?

QuakCow
27-10-04, 01:38
the real question is, what about this game and its development ISN'T odd... :wtf:

QuantumDelta
27-10-04, 01:41
I have to admit I don't recall anyone complaining about it at specifically at launch but what you are saying is that it had a similar start to Saturn but didn't keep it up for it's entire lifespan?

Hmm....

btw - Saturn also had it's nightly "act the goat" time-slot.
For a long time I was the only 'english'(int) uranus player active on the forum.
And by only I really mean there were like 5 ... ..maybe? but most of those hung out in the german forum anyway, changed these days.

What was discovered was that not only were there a few ...errors, in the uranus server group, one of the actual machines had out right died, and needed to be replaced, as in, wasn't functioning at all.

I don't know much about actual technical reasons behind Saturn's performance, but yea, uranus was pretty much patched up purged and the nightly crash was fixed, just before they replaced the server part.
After that, it was pretty stable, the server was actually taken offline for a while to get that fixed. (= couple of days)

Glok
27-10-04, 01:52
LOL now we are arguing about who's server was worse. :D

Better than the 'my server pwns you' argument tbh.

MrChumble
27-10-04, 01:54
LOL now we are arguing about who's server was worse. :D

Better than the 'my server pwns you' argument tbh.
Every silver lining has a cloud, that's what my pappy taught me.

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 03:17
For a long time I was the only 'english'(int) uranus player active on the forum.

/waves

Uranus from day 1 of retail to the last day of retail

always active on the forums :p

Birkoff
27-10-04, 03:27
/waves

Uranus from day 1 of retail to the last day of retail

always active on the forums :p

Who are you?

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 03:35
Who are you?

people who know me know, people who dont... well... they dont need to know

Birkoff
27-10-04, 03:43
people who know me know, people who dont... well... they dont need to know

Well I did think you were Jest from pluto till I jsut read that post, I dunno why I did and your probably not. *shrugs*

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 03:43
Well I did think you were Jest from pluto till I jsut read that post, I dunno why I did and your probably not. *shrugs*

nope... Jests forum name is "Jest" :p

Bronx
27-10-04, 05:00
Hope it comes fast ........

-Bronx

ch0ppy
27-10-04, 06:24
i wont be playing the day it is released.
and anyone who does and then complains well ....

Spermy
27-10-04, 13:20
Please don't tell me you're correcting someone else about their English.

My english was fine - it was the grammar that sucked. And no - I was being a grouchy mofo.

Grouch grouch grouch etc.

Quite pleased I didn't flame anyone - cos that would have been out of order - apologies for any offense caused, but the standpoint remains - it's all down to what perspectives people see things from - Mine differed from Birks and J's, hence the disagreement - I made a botch up of trying to explain it from my point of view - and other ways around said irritance.

Bottom line is - if people can't see where I get my ideas from - or don't understand what I mean - I get annoyed, because it always seems simple to me, which is a pain in the ass - because usually it's not that simple to everyone else.

At which point I get irritated and start beating people with the Point of view stick.

Eccentricity at it's best.

Glok
27-10-04, 13:43
Or you could just admit that you are a wierdo, Spermy. :p

Spermy
27-10-04, 14:42
Or not... :rolleyes:

hinch
27-10-04, 15:00
[ edited ]

Birkoff
27-10-04, 15:58
Doesn't it seem odd that we're on the 6th page of discussion about a patch that isn't out yet?

What will come first?

Candaman
27-10-04, 19:14
[ edited ]

Tratos
27-10-04, 19:16
So then,

Woo & Yey

Patch should be here tomorrow if KK are doing Thursday Patching again.

Clownst0pper
27-10-04, 19:17
[ edited ]

Spermy
27-10-04, 19:32
[ edited ]

*Hands clowny the source*

Have at it spacemonkeh!

Birkoff
27-10-04, 20:34
[ edited ]

*Seen things like this so many times before, we all have, but it there new "plan" works i think its a step in the right direction*

Tostino
27-10-04, 21:05
Jest is dead!... Oh wait no he quit like 2 months ago :rolleyes:
Back on topic WHEN IS THIS FUCKING PATCH COMING??

Tratos
27-10-04, 21:07
Jest is dead!... Oh wait no he quit like 2 months ago :rolleyes:
Back on topic WHEN IS THIS FUCKING PATCH COMING??

Theres two days left of teh week

calm teh downzs!

Carinth
27-10-04, 22:32
It'll be put in Friday so we can enjoy a weekend of new bugs and problems : )

Omnituens
27-10-04, 22:49
It'll be put in Friday so we can enjoy a weekend of new bugs and problems : )
no, patch on thursday, hotfix on friday, THEN weekend of new bugs and problems.

Birkoff
27-10-04, 23:51
no, patch on thursday, hotfix on friday, THEN weekend of new bugs and problems.

Patch Thursday
Hot fix thursday
Another hot fix friday
Server down friday night and all weekend.
Roll back to the snap shots taken when Beta 6 started.

Darkener
28-10-04, 08:05
is patch 115 still going ahead ? or it coming out with theme week ?

Morganth
28-10-04, 13:07
is patch 115 still going ahead ? or it coming out with theme week ?

I hope the next theme week is entitled: "Lets not fuck it up again"

Nah, I hope they patch soon, I wanna see what WoC looks like from the outside.

Tratos
28-10-04, 13:30
its.......

"Patch Day" - Supposedly, lets hope :)

Nidhogg
28-10-04, 13:36
Spam. Closed.

N