PDA

View Full Version : how much would it cost

THE_TICK!!!!
25-10-04, 17:24
im wondering how much it would cost to get this game up and running..yaknow better servers..if need be..kinda like a jumpstart...INTELLIGENT answers please..im just curious.

Bozz-Von Mel
26-10-04, 05:16
ein Arm und ein Bein.
I think it was 21 something for upgrade, and I will see about the monthly after my 30 days are up

LuftcAngriff

heh, I am trying my German

Air Assault.

Thank God for google translation.

joran420
26-10-04, 06:46
I have absolutely no idea but i thought the second post was :thumbs up:

MaGn0lia
26-10-04, 07:45
Yeah I kinda got confused by that second post there, you ok there buddy?

@ tick: well it is impossible to say how much it would cost, because we don't know the statistics of the servers, but I think some 10-20million dollars should do with all, hire more devs and fix the servers (which are extremely expensive) maybe buy some publicity, permanently remove some competition by unfortunate accidents, dominate germany and it's parlament or what the hell you guys have over there, buy nuclear arms from russia and really say "creating new worlds" or what the hell was the slogan for tekktonic engine o_O

tomparadox
26-10-04, 12:10
@ tick: well it is impossible to say how much it would cost, because we don't know the statistics of the servers, but I think some 10-20million dollars should do with all, hire more devs and fix the servers (which are extremely expensive) maybe buy some publicity, permanently remove some competition by unfortunate accidents, dominate germany and it's parlament or what the hell you guys have over there, buy nuclear arms from russia and really say "creating new worlds" or what the hell was the slogan for tekktonic engine o_O

that sounds about right. KK ganna half to be savin for a while :p

greendonkeyuk
26-10-04, 13:29
im presuming a bein is a leg then... well tick what exactly is your plan here? you wanna buy out kk or something... too much sand in your eyes bro, hope its not too hot out there.

Quake
26-10-04, 13:36
10-20$ Millions sounds FAAAAAAAR off.
With that budget how much of that would go to the devs? 95%

Besides i wonder if they realy own their equipment id say they are renting it.

MaGn0lia
26-10-04, 13:50
They don't say if they own or not their servers but clearly you can see the parody in my post, I didn't think it would be neccessary to use carefully laid figures for this kind of post, in future I will try to calculate my parodyfigures more carefully :)

Quake
26-10-04, 14:20
They don't say if they own or not their servers but clearly you can see the parody in my post, I didn't think it would be neccessary to use carefully laid figures for this kind of post, in future I will try to calculate my parodyfigures more carefully :)

Well yea but he didnt ask for parody :)

MaGn0lia
26-10-04, 14:29
Yeah but the task to realistically evaluate how much they would need to turn this to a good game, was lacking facts. But if you want solid figures then Half-Life 2 cost hefty 40 mil to make so I don't think they need more than 5-10 mil to improve allready "finished" game. Even Peter Molyneux took only 12.5 million pound loan to finish and (propably) publish his two games. So there is nugget of truth in there ;)

phunqe
26-10-04, 14:38
ein Arm und ein Bein.
I think it was 21 something for upgrade, and I will see about the monthly after my 30 days are up

LuftcAngriff

heh, I am trying my German

Air Assault.

Thank God for google translation.

The drugs should be taken in-game. IN-GAME damnit o_O

Bozz-Von Mel
26-10-04, 23:31
Was drunk when i made that post. Also I thought he was wondering what his monthly cost would be. Missed that one by a mile. I will just eat my sandwich and shut up.

Sorin
26-10-04, 23:40
Okay, it's REALLY old, but maybe it still holds true? This is was the server configuration as stated by MJS as of Beta 4 of NC1

here (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=42)

The bug that makes the server go into recovery mode pretty often is not necessarily load dependent. It is a more like a sync problem between the world servers and the master server. Let me explain this: A realm (world) consists of up to 10 high spec servers. One server (master server) controls the others, one server keeps the database (db server) and the other machines are so called world servers.

So, assuming that still holds true, that's potentionally 40 machines working the four servers. Upgrading all that can't be cheap, especially if they're all real server grade hardware.

Whatever it is, I doubt they have the money to shell out pimp ass hardware for at least 40 boxes. :(

phunqe
26-10-04, 23:47
Was drunk when i made that post. Also I thought he was wondering what his monthly cost would be. Missed that one by a mile. I will just eat my sandwich and shut up.

:) :)

Zaq
27-10-04, 00:35
Damn this thread is funny, even better after you read it through a couple times.

THE_TICK!!!!
27-10-04, 09:48
LOL heheh bozz you dope on a rope :angel:

MaGn0lia
27-10-04, 10:08
Well I don't know how much money KK has, but you can get a supercomputer for a measley 5million dollars.

So I think KK can go with less than a super computer :)