PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry, whats a Gene Replicator again?

Wiz
25-10-04, 13:14
Q: I'm sorry, whats a Gene Replicator again?
A: A Gene Replicator (GR) is part respawn point, part teleporter. Every time you come across a new GR, you should click on it and activate it at a cost of 150 credits. This will allow to use it in the future. You can teleport between to GR's that you have activated in this way by clicking on a GR, then selecting the destination GR from the list provided. Click teleport, and you will appear at that GR, after paying a small fee. When you die, you will be able to respawn from any of the GR's you have previously activated.

This is taken from the New Runners Corner sticky FAQ and it is not correct. I'm a City Merc lowlevel tank with LE still in and I have only found ONE GeneRep in wastes that i can use. It's the one at Race Track... Others say something about me beeing in the wrong faction or clan!

So I guess I have to be in the same faction as the owners of OP in a zone to be able to GR there? Or is allied with that faction enough? Well it doesn't matter .. since CM is neutral to all save TG, and those TG bastards don't like us at all.

Also if i die and get to choose a GenRep.. I can still choose the ones that i can't use .. Thing is I just wake up in my app.. I say this here is pretty messed up. If this has to do with OP-wars it should not apply to LE-players.

If this crap REALLY have to include LE-player REMOVE the GeneReps that are unusable from the frigging list and warn players when they activete them! a simple: "At this momet an ememy clan or faction holds this GR and it is therefor unusable"..

And the definition of an ememy should be hostile. That is allied AND neutral should still be able to use them.

EDIT: Can someone kindly give me a list of a few more zones where i can use GeneReps.. Trying to get to DoY and activate GeneReps on the way incase i die.. and it's kind of hard when I don't know if they will work or not.

Retro V
25-10-04, 13:33
Battle Dome.
ElFarid village.
Escador Oasis.
Crest village.
2 in TechHaven.
Several in DOY city centre.
Several in NC city centre and outzones.
Should be more than enough to get you anywhere you want within 3 zones travel.

amfest
25-10-04, 13:40
find the public GRs . .they are there sparsed about. Ops benfit the clan in money, bonus and GR rights. They choose who can GR there and who receives some of the bonus. GR rules were put into place because of Enemy clans just being able to respawn over and over at the OP and there was nothing you could do about it but just keep killing them over and over again till one of you got tired and gave up or the fact that your enemy can mass together right at your Op without any risk of discovery till it was too late. It can be annoying at times I suppose but just get the public GRs and/or buy a vehicle to traverse to your destinations.

Crest
25-10-04, 13:51
Battle Dome.
ElFarid village.
Escador Oasis.
Crest village.
2 in TechHaven.
Several in DOY city centre.
Several in NC city centre and outzones.
Should be more than enough to get you anywhere you want within 3 zones travel.
Point red
Battledome
Crahn Church

Oasis is no longer there
All Hq's and almost always one near them too.
2 in Pepper park
OZ Station
Mutatnt Pool

I agree .. should be able to only view GR's accessable to you
Disagree, make it available to LE's, then what about guys not clanned ....
It will promote LE players ... Right now it makes you want to get up and fight for a GR

Wiz
25-10-04, 13:52
Alas.. I forget. this is PvPocron. People who don't wish to kill everyone they see should not be encouraged. My misstake. Fuck us LE-players. ;) Better nag them to take it out.. then if they do..kill em and when then whine ask them why they took it out. :lol:

Just don't show GeneReps that you can not use.. (instead of just let you choose em and send you to app) and i won't complain. But i still feel that an LE player has made a choise not to PvP and it makes them harmless enough to GeneRep almost anywhere..

amfest
25-10-04, 13:58
There are those who hate LEs with a passion and they would disagree with the no threat thing. Just being there and not being able to kill you is a threat. Also a LE could pull a mob over to them indirectly. Or maybe you could spy for people or a clan and they are not able to do anything about this. These are lame tactics and have given the LE a bad rep as it's typically non-LE'd users who log onto another character or account just to do these things to get an edge.

So what's fair? *shrugs* It does make exploration a bit hard if you die alot but also there are far too many GRs in the world of neocron.

kurai
25-10-04, 14:05
I must admit - one thing I was hoping for from the NC v1.1 upgrade was that the Generep window would get a rather more extensive makeover than just ordering of list, resizeable window and dubious aesthetics.

An indication of which genereps were accessible to you at a given time would have been nice.

Ho-hum.

Spermy
25-10-04, 14:08
Alas.. I forget. this is PvPocron. People who don't wish to kill everyone they see should not be encouraged. My misstake. Fuck us LE-players. ;) Better nag them to take it out.. then if they do..kill em and when then whine ask them why they took it out. :lol:

Just don't show GeneReps that you can not use.. (instead of just let you choose em and send you to app) and i won't complain. But i still feel that an LE player has made a choise not to PvP and it makes them harmless enough to GeneRep almost anywhere..

Well... At the mo - pro city players are a bit limited in thier choice of GRs. Unless They're closed off - you can go to any GR that's occupoed by a Procity Clan.

Unfortunately - Anti City seem to have taken a crapload of the GRs in Neocrons side of the wastes!

So rather than bitch and complain - Take your LE out - and join the freakin war.

Unless you're a consciencious Objector - then we'll feed ya to the droms. As for the LE thing - Believe it or not - this is a PvP game - or their wouldn't be these outposts to fight over - I'm LE'd too, and I have to say - at the mo - I'm staying LE'd (after rerolling for the fifth time in 2 weeks =/) til I level a bit more.

There's plenty of public reps about as has been said - and there's hacknet - and if ya feel lucky theres a venture warp - course - you could hire soime transport using trade.

So stop whining - Go level - take that frikkin chip out and go claim some territory - EARN the right to use that gen rep.

Wiz
25-10-04, 14:12
Well.. The sky will always be blue.. that grass green and idiots plentifull.. Can't code against that.

Also would be good to change the new runner FAQ:

"A Gene Replicator (GR) is part respawn point, part teleporter. Every time you come across a new GR, you should click on it and activate it at a cost of 150 credits. This might allow you to use it in the future. You can teleport between some GR's that you have activated in this way by clicking on a GR, then selecting the destination GR from the list provided. Click teleport, and you might appear at that GR, after paying a small fee. Either that or you get a small error message, you never really know untill you try it. When you die, you will be able to respawn from some of the GR's you have previously activated, if you happen to select one that you are not allowed to go to you will not be allowed to try anoter but sent to your room!"

amfest
25-10-04, 14:22
Well I still haven't gotten Neocron2 but in Neocron 1 you could check the World map and there you can see which faction owns that Op and if I recall what access rights were set. You might want to check that out prior to clicking GR to said Op

MaGn0lia
25-10-04, 14:22
Would be nice if they gave us a "spacer bar" in Genrep window so I could niftly organize my genreps in to categories. And make the hypercom window sizeable. Can't see what trade channel is which.

trigger hurt
25-10-04, 14:24
If you look at the gene rep list, scroll through the ops. Notice the ops that say "Dangerous" are owned by your enemy. The ops that says "Not Critical" Are owned by someone either neutral or allied to you.

That's the best I can offer. Besides. There's like 10 gr's that are made for public use and anyone can get to anywhere from them.

Spermy
25-10-04, 14:26
Okay - F9 - World map - click the city button - any GR falling under the enemy colour cannot be warped to.

Which at the mo is pretty much all of them for procity - Muahhahaha!

Silvek
25-10-04, 14:34
So if you're neutral to a faction it's the same as hostile?
Also, can you access the worldmap when you're dead? It's annoying enough to die, but it's more annoying to select a GR, only to end up at your apartment...

Spermy
25-10-04, 14:39
I dunno - never tried it.

Don't click the mouse when you die and give it a go - You never know - some kind soul might come and rez you when your faffing about trying to get the worldmap on.

Silvek
25-10-04, 14:56
some kind soul might come and rez you when your faffing about trying to get the worldmap on.
Yes...in the middle of the wastelands comes a PPU monk that just happens to have his LE chip in as well and has the kind will to stop and rez you...
What are the odds ;)

amfest
25-10-04, 15:24
my odds always seemed to be good when I played neocron 1. It was very surprising to find myself rezzed fairly quickly with my LE in ..lol.

angelsenior
25-10-04, 15:26
The indication in the GR list of dangerous, not critical etc... is indication enough for where you can or cant GR.

They introduced GR security to give a reason to fight for the OPs (as you need the access to that GR, you fight for it).

Also, there are many vehicle depots on the map from where you can spawn a vehicle and cross the map in no time at all, i think it takes about 10 min to go from one side to the other side of the map (this of course doesnt include any Sync/FRE/other bugs/mobs/enemy runners which you may or may not fall victim to).

Wiz
25-10-04, 15:32
The indication in the GR list of dangerous, not critical etc... is indication enough for where you can or cant GR.

Exelent. I will remember that and use it. If they had mentioned that in the FAQ I would not have started this therad. Further more.. why not just add one more GR indication: "Not Possible". After all it might be dangerous but possible. ;) I just want to get close to my belt..

Heavyporker
25-10-04, 15:53
Don't mention that abominable GR list screen window.

My Gawd, what was KK thinking on that issue?

I will *never* be able to get used to that damn thing, I have to READ EVERY DAMN BUTTON because they're all mashed about together.

Way my luck is going, I'll die to some gr camper when hit "down' instead of "teleport"!

Fuckers!

Crest
25-10-04, 16:25

Do I care if you got an LE in, NO ... But lets not have people with LE's in getting special treatment, that same treatment is then going to cause more LE's, because we all wanna be special .....

Point is, if you can't GR somewhere, mebbe you would fight for your faction, try and make the difference for your kind and not take for granted what your faction is doing for you. This kind of attitude is the reason clans close off genreps to faction. I agree, if I have to fight for an op with my NON LE Clan mates, and only my clan wanna help. then only they should get benefit. Why should some LE get benefit from my hard work ......

You can't do this with an LE in...

25-10-04, 16:30
Crahn Church

The one in OZ? If so, are you sure about this, I went looking for it the other day and couldnt find it (or have the only moved it and not removed it)

Crest
25-10-04, 16:36
The one in OZ? If so, are you sure about this, I went looking for it the other day and couldnt find it (or have the only moved it and not removed it)

My Char is Pro City, so the one inside the Crahn Church ..... I know it was there, but not sure anymore .... There is Industrial Sec 2, Mutant Pool and another out in OZ though, those I have tagged

Wiz
25-10-04, 16:38
..mebbe you would fight for your faction, try and make the difference for your kind and not take for granted what your faction is doing for you. This kind of attitude is the reason clans close off genreps to faction. I agree, if I have to fight for an op with my NON LE Clan mates, and only my clan wanna help. then only they should get benefit. Why should some LE get benefit from my hard work ......

Exactly.. They have the abilaty to close of GR to faction. That's the problem. The faction standing should rule the GRs.. not the temper of a 14 year old clanleader that's pissed off cauze his grounded or mad at everyone not fighting for him in his al mighty clan. Hostile clans should never be allowed to GR to thier outpost.. but Allied and neutral should IMO.

Spermy
25-10-04, 16:40
Exactly.. They have the abilaty to close of GR to faction. That's the problem. The faction standing should rule the GRs.. not the temper of a 14 year old clanleader that's pissed off cauze his grounded or mad at everyone not fighting for him in his al mighty clan. Hostile clans should never be allowed to GR to thier outpost.. but Allied and neutral should IMO.

Partly it's to also stop the freindlies Ninja hacking - which was bloody rampant from some clans - whose names I won't mention.

Crest
25-10-04, 16:45

Why ....

We went out to Emmerson for Bio epic .... last night ... we not even clanned ....

FA taking op, and the clan that owned the op had no backup ....
If they had managed to keep the op, with out the help of faction allaince, then why should they make it available to others ?

If there is an alliance who help, then this should be a mutual ...
If a 14 year old has the power to wield a powerfull clan and manage it, while grounded .. Respect man, let him do so.

I am all for helping those who help you, the key word is help. Me I tihnik if your clan is that good, leave it open to all, but thats me ... Hey it means more enmy comming about, so more to kill :)

If you want your faction to keep their GR's open to you, or allaince to keep it open, then Mebbe you should help them, get known and become an influencing allie, not some whining kid on forums, cause they closed

Wiz
25-10-04, 16:45
Partly it's to also stop the freindlies Ninja hacking - which was bloody rampant from some clans - whose names I won't mention.

Aye.. I admit I don't know of op wars. The point with this thread was to get names to a few GRs I can use and to point out that FAQ is not correct..

I will be big and strong soon enough and kill everyone who's not CM. Since you all made it clear to me that Neutral = Hostile. :)

Crest
25-10-04, 16:47
Aye.. I admit I don't know of op wars. The point with this thread was to get names to a few GRs I can use and to point out that FAQ is not correct..

I will be big and strong soon enough and kill everyone who's not CM. Since you all made it clear to me that Neutral = Hostile. :)

Your loss, being that Cm dont have any allies, lots of neutrals and 1 enemy ... I imagine you plan on doing lots of missions ... as hey you goto when you kill neutrals ....

I look forwards to when you big and strong , let me know and I will make my way to TG for the day

No one ever said Neutral is enemy, well you did but besides that ....

25-10-04, 16:50
My Char is Pro City, so the one inside the Crahn Church ..... I know it was there, but not sure anymore .... There is Industrial Sec 2, Mutant Pool and another out in OZ though, those I have tagged

If you are Pro City the monks in the OZ Church will attack you now. I snuck in via the wasteland tunnel and ran the gauntlet of guards (they seem to wait a few moments before they attack giving you time to run past) to where the GR used to be but its not there anymore - the only 2 places I couldnt check were the big entrance hall and the passageway above it so it may have simply been moved

Cliffraiser
25-10-04, 17:02

GL with that :lol:

THE_TICK!!!!
25-10-04, 17:10

this is an ongoing debate that will never be settled to anyones satisfaction..but i do beleive the current GR satus is fair...(except for the gr to apt when pickin alternate gr) yes SOME le players have made a choice not to pvp..but some PEOPLE use the LE as protection to spy during OP wars...unfortunitely there is no way to recognize the TRUE le d00d and the SPY so no i say keep it the way it is.

Ascension
25-10-04, 18:04
Okay, SO if they were to allow LE'd to use all GR's.. we'd see people exploiting the LE to spy on the enemy, leaving us to stand their and watch the LE'd guys survey us..

yeah right :rolleyes:

Wiz
25-10-04, 18:30
Your loss, being that Cm dont have any allies, lots of neutrals and 1 enemy ... I imagine you plan on doing lots of missions ... as hey you goto when you kill neutrals .....

Ah yes. Forgot about that penalty when I kill neutrals... I choosed CM so I would be neutral to almost all so i could hang in DoY and NC. However all other factions are allied with some others and the other might not like CM as much.. Who would you help...allied or neutral? Not so hard to answer that.

I look forwards to when you big and strong , let me know and I will make my way to TG for the day

Wao... Did i step on your toes or something? I thought we were having a nice little dialog going.. you got me convinced an all and now you want to kill me. :D

To quote myself:

The point with this thread was to get names to a few GRs I can use and to point out that FAQ is not correct.

I got tipps on checking worldmap and status in GR-list. Since I've never been in a large enough clan to be in a real OP war I'm at loss on common tactics and why it is as it is. Now that I know I guess my best bet is to change faction so i get allies and to join a big strong clan that fights for OPs.

joran420
25-10-04, 19:22

rofl.... might wanna change outta CM before ya go on yer PK spree....or you could lose alot of stuff

if a clan allows freinds to GR in that does include neutrals(at least in nc1 pretty sure its the same) but it is at the discretion of clans there are 4 different security settings:

CLAN ONLY
FACTION ONLY
FREINDS(Incudes allies and Neutrals)
or ALLOW ALL

most clans do allow freinds

Crest
25-10-04, 19:22
Wao... Did i step on your toes or something? I thought we were having a nice little dialog going.. you got me convinced an all and now you want to kill me. :D

Hmm , Let me See

I will be big and strong soon enough and kill everyone who's not CM. Since you all made it clear to me that Neutral = Hostile

I aint CM , So I am Hostile ?

I got tipps on checking worldmap and status in GR-list. Since I've never been in a large enough clan to be in a real OP war I'm at loss on common tactics and why it is as it is. Now that I know I guess my best bet is to change faction so i get allies and to join a big strong clan that fights for OPs.

Hmm Somewhere someone said .... LE - OP - Free Pass - Me wonders how a LE is in a Clan .... Hmmmm ......

Why not take your LE out, and come find me ... I only a 0/2 spy called Snipe

Wiz
25-10-04, 20:11
rofl.... might wanna change outta CM before ya go on yer PK spree....or you could lose alot of stuff

Yepp. as i said. forgot about that little penalty..

if a clan allows freinds to GR in that does include neutrals(at least in nc1 pretty sure its the same) but it is at the discretion of clans there are 4 different security settings:

CLAN ONLY
FACTION ONLY
FREINDS(Incudes allies and Neutrals)
or ALLOW ALL

most clans do allow freinds

Do they set GR-rights and Bonus-rights sepratly? Sometimes i get bonus but still can't use GR.

I aint CM , So I am Hostile ?

You really edgey arn't ya? :D I just summed up the posts I got and how people treat me ingame. Since i'm neutral and have LE i MUST be a Spy (LO AND BEHOLD) Trying to get info on every *preeeeeciious* little OP i come across just so I can relogg and ninja hack it or whatever..

Why not take your LE out, and come find me ...

Why not stop whineing about players that want to play LEd ..?

-Demon-
25-10-04, 22:08
Ok so it screws up gring for you the alturnative isn't good for clans either.

At the end of the day you made a choice to not become invovled with pvp, ops are directly connected with pvp whichever way you cut it.

That fact above really is all I have to say . I haven't got a LE and I still can't GR its the system please don't make out it just effects LE players.

SypH
25-10-04, 22:33
Do what I do with me LE runners. Tag whatever neutral GRs you can and use legwork to get were you need to go from there.

Omnituens
26-10-04, 00:04
Point red
Battledome
Crahn Church

Crahn Church GR has been removed afaik, i could not find it.

invest 25 points in VHC and get a hovertech

fast sob's if you can avoid water/trees/floating tress and have the reflexs of a jedi AND race a pod for a living.

Wiz
26-10-04, 08:29
Ok so it screws up gring for you the alturnative isn't good for clans either.

At the end of the day you made a choice to not become invovled with pvp, ops are directly connected with pvp whichever way you cut it.

That fact above really is all I have to say . I haven't got a LE and I still can't GR its the system please don't make out it just effects LE players.

And the fact above is what most people have been explaining to me.. Please read the posts before nagging.. To quote myself once again...

Now i have gotten a nice little list of neutral GRs.. I have gotten tipps on how to see wich ones I can use when I'm already dead.. I have gotten information about why the system is the way it is. I'm much the wiser and will in the future leave CM for a faction that does have allies so i get more friends, and i will try joining a large clan for some OP fight so I can try that part of the game as well.

THE_TICK!!!!
26-10-04, 08:47
allright m8!! :lol: im glad we sorted your problems and gave you some info that you needed..the LE situation is a very touchy one indeed :P as you probly figured out..good luck to ya out there in the wild world of neocron :P

QuakCow
26-10-04, 08:50
..i keep my le in cus at least 6 times some random group of guys have tried to gank me, and were thwarted by mah LE.... *hugs LE*