PDA

View Full Version : Lawn mower of doom!!!

sanityislost
25-10-04, 09:02
link! (http://www.hugi.is/hahradi/bigboxes.php?box_id=51208&f_id=1159)

this scares meh :/

SiL ..:..

amfest
25-10-04, 09:06
I want one . .. !! err .. ...

I suppose it'd be useful in mountain areas :)

QuakCow
25-10-04, 09:08
thats...odd....to say the least... o_O :lol: 8|

amfest
25-10-04, 09:16
was telling my friend in chat ..I'd like to know what actual size it is . . I also like how they kept the shape of the lawnmower ... the place where the engine is . .is just an empty shell . .with opening in the front to back . .wonder if that's for aerodynamics . .. though I'm not really keen on that sort of thing. Also like to know what type of material they used for the body ... I think it's funny when people have fun with flying things :).

sanityislost
25-10-04, 09:18
Lol....not sure how it really works , but im thinking sorta like a helicopter

amfest
25-10-04, 09:22
It's really hard to see it completely .. I see the properller on the front . . . and the wheels are just for show .. there are actual wheels for it underneath .. .

I was thinking they might of put a propeller under nearth to give it lift .. but I'm not sure . . it might just be a regular RC controlled airplane parts just thrown on a frame that just works for whatever reason . lol. Like the engine empty box would flow air through it .. and hte push mower handle would actually become an okay tail. make it as light as possible .. and tada!

Xeno LARD
25-10-04, 09:30
There is a prop on the front. There might be a big blade on the bottom but I don't see where the air would go, As in it's blocked up at the top. Unless it was creating like a cushion of air. O_o

amfest
25-10-04, 09:53
maybe there was some opening on the top of it .. .rememeber the area where a real lawnmower's engine would be is empty . .maybe it's open there .. .or has some vents or something ..

on another note . ...

This has got to be put into neocron as a Droner Rare item!!!!!!!

Melee drone!!

sanityislost
25-10-04, 10:08
lol that would rock.

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
"dude, do you hear that"
"yea wtf is it"
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
"dunno...." BUZZZZZZZZZZ,ARGH,BUZZZZZZZZZ
"ummmm bye!" *runs*

Tratos
25-10-04, 11:23
:lol: nice one :D

mishkin
25-10-04, 11:29
Wow, that's one sick lawnmower :D

BTW: found this (http://www.flyingthingz.com/) site, where you can buy your own (they're only 89,99$) :D :D :D

amfest
25-10-04, 13:43
LOL .. .I"d like to get the witch one . .that would rock for halloween and scaring the kids coming up for candy :angel:

Xeno LARD
25-10-04, 13:51
Am, I think im in love with your sig.

amfest
25-10-04, 13:59
Am, I think im in love with your sig.
hahaha .. sorry I couldn't resist ;)

sanityislost
25-10-04, 14:31
OMG dude, your sig rocks!!!:D

amfest
25-10-04, 15:21
OMG dude, your sig rocks!!!:D

SiL ..:..Glad you like it ... :p
Although I must admint .. it took me a while cause I had to "mow" down the filesize for the animated gif >_<

( . . . err sorry that was really bad . . .LOL )

it would be seriously fun to mow people down .. but this rare drone could only be used in Neocron 1 since I hear neocron 2 droning just isn't happening >_<

sanityislost
25-10-04, 15:36
@amfest: do you know a place where i can learn how to do that?

lol id love to get 2 of those n crash them into each other :p

amfest
25-10-04, 15:50
learn how to do what? . .. make an animated gif from a video?

sanityislost
25-10-04, 16:08
yea lol, havent done anything with gif's as of yet

Velvet
25-10-04, 16:10
Rare Melee Sky Cutter

I want one :D
Great idea.

amfest
25-10-04, 16:32
yea lol, havent done anything with gif's as of yet

oh well if you want to know the process I went through.

First since the file was a wmv codec that won't let it be encoded to avi I had to use asftools to change it . .then encode it in asftools to avi. This gave me the ability to open it up in the program Virtual Dub. In there I marked the area I wanted to make the clip of then. Since it's difficult in virtual dub to crop resize since you have to mark the size of the final crop then crop it manually I opened it in Adobe premerie though I don't really know much how to use the program I read a short help file on clipping and made black borders of the area I wanted cropped. Then I opened that clip in Virtual Dub once again and took a screen shot . .opened that up in paintshop pro and cropped the black areas out of the image to find the width and height .. then in virtual dub I entered that in for resize and cropped it. Next I have a bought version of paint shop pro 5 which contains Animation Shop in it. I opened the avi in there and instead of all frames I took every 2 frames. I then highlighted the frames I didn't want and deleted them till I got the animation loop I wanted. Then I had to choose an optimation for how many colors and quality setting for the final animation. I had to mess with that a bit and the final width and height to get the file size under 100kb which is the bw limit for a sig. Then upped the image to my filespace and here we are.

Pretty simple >_> though I"m sure if I had better tools I could of done it tons faster. Like maybe a recent version of animation shop contains the ability to crop out areas. Mine doesn't have such options :( I just work with what I have. Didn't read any guides . . I just used the programs and figured I could do this with this one . .and that with that one. ;)

I'm no awsome sig maker .. but I do like what I do for myself.

like this one

http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/akaribasig01.gif

Took the video clip and made it a small number of frames. I believe it was 11 or so. Then I made my sig in paintshop pro and left a white box on one layer under the title of the series where I pasted each frame of the animation. Saved the frames again and put them back into animation shop to create the animation.

sanityislost
25-10-04, 16:37
Nice dude, thanx alot. love that other one u did also...looks really sweet :D

NS_CHROME54
25-10-04, 18:40
THAT IS THE COOLEST THING EVER

I WANT ONE

now what would be REALLY sweet was if you could strap yourself to the topside of the handle and use it for transportation ;) a new era in flight :D

sanityislost
26-10-04, 00:33
THAT IS THE COOLEST THING EVER

I WANT ONE

now what would be REALLY sweet was if you could strap yourself to the topside of the handle and use it for transportation ;) a new era in flight :D

Rofl why not just get them to add a jet engine to the type u can sit down on
:p

NS_CHROME54
26-10-04, 06:52
someone should take a still and send it to "national enquirer". they're always looking for shit like that, and it doesn't hurt that it's real either :D

amfest
26-10-04, 07:52
someone should take a still and send it to "national enquirer". they're always looking for shit like that, and it doesn't hurt that it's real either :D
UFO sighted over redneck county!!

:lol:

If you own 2 homes . .. and both have flat tires. .you might be a redneck :p

NS_CHROME54
26-10-04, 08:26
"National Enquirer discovers secret link between Area 51, Division 6, and John Deer"

Xeno LARD
26-10-04, 13:04
"National Enquirer discovers secret link between Area 51, Division 6, and John Deer"

Rofl, and there's another idea. Flying John Deer tractor anyone?

amfest
26-10-04, 15:15
Rofl, and there's another idea. Flying John Deer tractor anyone?That reminds me . .if i recall I saw a john deere concept machine that was a tree cutter and yet it was a 6 legged mecha. It'd be able to walk on very uneven ground to cut trees on hills. The arm in front would grip onto the tree base where it would cut it and as the tree fell to one side the place it was gripped would rull the tree to the center to balance it and at the same time ripping off branches. The same machine would then cut the tree into logs. I saw a webpage that had video of the machine in action walking on a hill. and there was the training room videos where the controls were setup on a chair so you can virtually control it on the screen. I can't find that anymore :(. I wonder what became of the machine and such.

OH CRAP I found it!! it's a division of john deere

http://www.plustech.fi/Plmain01.html

A bit slow for a mecha .. but hell let's throw a rocket and grenade launcher on it and chunk it in NC ;)

get a load of htat HUD
http://www.plustech.fi/images/ISOT/Pluscabin.jpg

Original monk
26-10-04, 16:46
OH CRAP I found it!! it's a division of john deere

http://www.plustech.fi/Plmain01.html

A bit slow for a mecha .. but hell let's throw a rocket and grenade launcher on it and chunk it in NC ;)

get a load of htat HUD
http://www.plustech.fi/images/ISOT/Pluscabin.jpg

WHOA i never saw sumthing like that in my life lol, pretty futuristic and yeah a very nice hud :P pretty hitech all :)

looks like a big hitech spider but then in the real world + it can cut/skin tree's WHOA

amfest
26-10-04, 17:00
go to the main page and click on the concept art link . ..LOL . .

Those guys have really big imaginations but hell it'd be wild to have stuff like that around.