View Full Version : I'm absolutely sure now...

Glok
25-10-04, 03:05
KK, you have changed the slot algorithm or whatever system you use to determine slots. Just admit it.

Out of about 3000 weapons/psi modules I have made over the last 2 weeks, exactly 4 were 5 slots.

Why?? It was hard enough as it was ffs.

If anyone else is wondering what I am going on about, I just built 400 TL3 heals because someone requested a 5 slotter. The best I got was 3 slots. That shit just ain't fucking right. And I have conversed with other constructors who also have been getting poor slottage.

NO, I don't think this is a good thing, so keep your snide fucking comments to yourself if you think it is.

MkVenner
25-10-04, 03:17
yeah its fucked

Drake6k
25-10-04, 04:08
Well they are rare :p I kinda like it.

In NC1 I make 300 TL 8 parashock bolts and got three 3 slot ones. Pissed me off... Also made 120 Blacksuns and got ONE 3 slotter. :( I dont think they changed anything. I later got a 4 slot blacksun for 100k... :rolleyes: Its easier to buy 5 slotted items than to be the person who builds them.

BlackDove
25-10-04, 05:52
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

Stats. Post the stats of your constructor.

IceStorm
25-10-04, 06:01
Since NC2 has started I've made at least one four-slot and one five-slot item, both being well above the TL3 of your heals. I've also made several three-slot items. These are in build runs of less than 30 (usually 10 or 15). When I'm building, I'm 145 CST, 109 INT, 121 DEX, using SS, Cst glove, and a CST Boost 1.

Seems the same to me.

jini
25-10-04, 06:01
come on glok, it's impossible... 400 crahn heals. there were all in one large batch? or in blocks of batches? which one was the biggest block? only recently (last patch) I made a 4slotted heal out of 5

ultimate chill
25-10-04, 06:54
He does have a point. My const is at tl 170 and uses a 150 tool. He made 20 tl 17 weapons and got 5 1 slotters and 2 x 2 slots the rest were no slotters. I got the same ( and i really do mean the same as they came out in the exact same order) results making a tl 59 weapon. To date i have made 2x4 slotted tl 69 weapons and 3x3 slotted tl 69 weapons. yet to make a 5 slotter of any tl but i dont think i will be making hundreds just yet to achieve this result.

At present my char is learning to walk on water, leap tall buildings and lift rhino tanks above his head with one hand before he tries more difficult tasks like making a 5 slotter.

QuakCow
25-10-04, 06:57
im not a cster but i always get the stuff for 4 items to be built and i almost always get a 4 slotter out of the 4 built...the csters are always anywhere between 140 and 170 and none of the items were above tl 60...

Underground
25-10-04, 08:46
o_O

ive got mags, const/res/rep, hes TL 145 const and 181 res.

Built 50 holy shelters from chems with svk, got a 5 slot, 2x4 and 2x3

Built 35 TL3 heals, got 2x5 slot and 4x4 slot

Built a Peacemaker and got 5 slots :D

Im not really having trouble with mags slottage, hes using THCPU/Hawk/SS/SA/Gloves.

FarSight
25-10-04, 11:52
Got 5 slots on cnst booster1 (dunno why i even build it lol ... it was first try), got 2x5 slots in one 10 items low TL uzi batch ... anyway .... for me it looks like after reaching some point in cnst/dex/int i got more problems with slots on low level items ... i got my own "urban legend" (mayby not own but one that i think can be true) that for each TL is best value = (0.25 DEX + 0.1 INT + 0.6 CST) for getting max slottage .... other thing many times metioned on forums is why the hell we got xp in STR when consting ... in any rpg game you dont get xp in skill if you are not using it ... then why we got 4.5-5 % of xp from each build in STR ?? (in cnst skill formula there is missing 0.5 (5%)) .... anyway im 174cnst 89 int 72 dex now with cnst1 an w/o drugs/op and didnt get even 4 slotter on some TL < 23 h-c stuff but get 4 slotters on tl67 lazer rifle and tl85 holy heal ....

EDIT: use SS,T-H, Cnst Chip 3, Cnst Chip 2, glove

LOST
25-10-04, 12:26
this seems to be one of those things that keep us confused about this game. the theoretical con formula as given by mod,qa or some team member was
TC = 0.15INT + 0.25DEX + 0.5CON.
which you will notice is missing 0.1 to make the 100%. O_o

anywho, i have made quite a few things of varied tl's. a single 5 slot (tl40) and a few 4 slots on holy def/shelter. plenty of 3 slots and more 2, 1 and 0 slots than i care to admit too. As for the tl3 heals theres something desperately wrong with them :lol: (its all i can say)

spy. int 117, dex 132, con 180ish. (glove, ss, hawk, sf, sa)

Spoon
25-10-04, 13:01
-It seems like the higher CST skill I get, the less slots I get.

-The smaller the batches, the more slots I get.

-Some items are harder to slot than others.

I been having problems getting slots on the TL 25 Shelter and the TL 84 TPC, I hate those two items....

DEX 102, INT 101 and CST 185(200 or 220 with factory)

Bugs Gunny
25-10-04, 14:13
Unless things have changed i keep constructing at cst 120 without bufs or factories.

It works for me and i can put those other points in barter.

jernau
25-10-04, 15:12
They did change the formula in Beta but I would have expected it to improve the slots for most people unless they replaced one undocumented oddity with another undocumented oddity.

Glok
25-10-04, 15:24
That's what I think too, jernau, an undocumented oddity. The 5 slotters I have built (I was wrong, I have built 6x 5 slot things so far) were all highish TL. Somehow I think higher cst skill causes the slot rate on low TL items to drop off. Or something.

I'm building more TL3 heals today. I am a stubborn fucker.

Oh, 145 cst no buff 102 int 90 (95 with glove) dex.

Thanks for all the comments guys. It appears the slot gods are pissing in my cereal (as I said to the person who wanted the heal) :o

Riddle
25-10-04, 16:06
I've built batches on my cst of around 20 ish on most tems since NC1 and for me when i was around 140-150 ish skill i got the most frequent slots.

Now my cst skill is at 200, INT 95, Dex 94 i get way less slots, although I have built 1 5 slot :) (yes i use glove ,SS)

Suxxorz

Glok
25-10-04, 18:25
I got the 5 slot after 80 more. I'm never touching a TL3 heal again. Ever. O_o

MrChumble
25-10-04, 18:33
I guess this wouldn't be a good time to mention that I got a 5 slotter on a 3 batch build :D

Shame it was for someone else :(

Glok
25-10-04, 18:38
*kicks MrChumble*

Killfly
25-10-04, 18:42
I've had several 4 or 5 slot spells out of a couple of batches of 20... Only had one rare built so far in NC2, but it was 4 slot... Seems OK to me :)

Glok
25-10-04, 18:51
The weird thing is, whenever I have an actual request for slotted items, I have a really hard time filling the order, but if I am just building on my own time, I get slots just fine. I built a batch of 12 holy shelters last week and got a 4 slot. But then someone requested a 3 slot holy shelter and I had to build 100 of them to get it. This game is psychic or something, and it doesn't like me one bit.

J. Folsom
25-10-04, 18:53
The weird thing is, whenever I have an actual request for slotted items, I have a really hard time filling the order, but if I am just building on my own time, I get slots just fine. I built a batch of 12 holy shelters last week and got a 4 slot. But then someone requested a 3 slot holy shelter and I had to build 100 of them to get it. This game is psychic or something, and it doesn't like me one bit.
Chinese saying says:
"Wise man not look for thing, wise man just sit down on thing."

:p

Sorin
25-10-04, 18:55
I hate constructing. Hate it with a passion. I used to love it. I remember back in the days of mid NC1, I could build a batch of 50 of almost anything and virtually always get a few 4 slotters, most of the time get a 5 slotter on the mid to low TL stuff, and get tons of 3 slotters to make various mod configurations possible.

Now I'll be lucky to get more than a couple 3 slotter in a batch of 100.

90 dex, 95 int, 216 cst.

Fuck MC5; using SS, CST 1, 2, 3, glove, cst boost 1.

:wtf:

(eXo) Opaleye
25-10-04, 20:36
Seems harder that before - but what doesn't seem harder in NC2 than it used to be? :rolleyes:

Could it be that KK left out the "fun" when they went to coding for the next version? :p

Is this a plot by small grey aliens with huge enormous black eyes .....

Phew - scared myself there for a moment :lol:

The future looks bleak ... Time for the silver lining !!

BlackDove
26-10-04, 08:27
Oh, 145 cst no buff 102 int 90 (95 with glove) dex.

Sorry, but are you fucking kidding me?

You're expecting ANYTHING FIVE SLOT to come out of those stats?

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Seven
26-10-04, 09:15

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Yeah well, since tank constructors have gotten it and better, why not?

The slot algorithm is obviously borked.

IceStorm
26-10-04, 09:34

You're expecting ANYTHING FIVE SLOT to come out of those stats?Uh, I'm not much better (145 CST w/ CST 1 buff, 109 INT, 121 DEX) and I've made at least one five-slot item in NC2 so far.

BlackDove
26-10-04, 11:34
You people do realise that (server side) DEX plays a huge role in slots - right?

Cap your characters, and for the love of god, have at least 160cst, although I'd reccomend around 200+ because there is a tenth (or so) of a chance slots will go up.

When you do that, and still don't get slots out of a huge constructing batch - THEN bitch.

Glok
26-10-04, 13:58

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:You gotta be kidding me. :rolleyes:

Thanatos said in a previous post on this matter that capping quality gives the highest chance for slots (false), but then in a futher post that higher cst skill does give higher chances but it is negligible.

Also, you obviously weren't reading. I have now built 7x 5 slot things. O_o

jernau
26-10-04, 14:28
You people do realise that (server side) DEX plays a huge role in slots - right?

Cap your characters, and for the love of god, have at least 160cst, although I'd reccomend around 200+ because there is a tenth (or so) of a chance slots will go up.

When you do that, and still don't get slots out of a huge constructing batch - THEN bitch.

LOL

Go read up before you preach.:lol:

thebee
26-10-04, 14:47
i have 67 INT 68 DEX CST 130 (TH CPU, Glove, Const Boost 1)

I make one at a time and then salavage it and rebuild it. I have 139 RES and 114 REC. I have gotten a NUMBER of 3 slotters, 4 slotters, and a few 5 slotters. On TL 13+ items

I noticed last night though it when I was trying to build a TL3 healing using this same process. I would usually reneder NO slots. I was like WTF?!?!:wtf: I then started to build the TL3 Deflector and rendered 4 3 Slotters in a row. I didnt zone before doing so or relog. :confused:

Argent
26-10-04, 15:05
I built few items yesterday and made, I think, 5 5-slotted items, and the batches weren't even that big (20-50 for others and 3x50 tl3 heal). So I think it's the same business as usual.

Funny thing though, I didn't make a single 4-slotted item in those batches.

PS. TL-3 heal is nice, since you can research it yourself (even at nice speed) and build them quite cheap, thus I do that sometimes when I'm bored :-P

jini
26-10-04, 15:12

What are these nonsence??
Have you ever build anything in neocron, or you just try to play it smart?

thebee
26-10-04, 15:30

um at capped DEX and INT you only need 110CST to cap all items and it has been proven that more CST doesnt increase your slots.

ppl with 200+ cst are funny. i can understand there to be a need for a few in the world so we can all have them build capped rares. but the little guys get smoke screened by thier 200+ CST level and want them to build everything for them. as if they were going to get slots on the imps :)

Liebestoter
26-10-04, 15:35
I like it, it makes it easier to inflict a harsh loss on someone. Now they don't have a pile of four slot rares waiting to replace the one they just lost to me. ^_^

greendonkeyuk
26-10-04, 15:41
well ive currently got a mid level conster (overall rank 45ish) int and dex are in the 70s or so, ive got with my own glove/buff/imps 185 cst. You guys think i shouldnt go any higher than this? Ive never constructed much before in my life. i dont tend to pimp out my services to anyone else and use the char primarily for my own equipment and some for friends/clan mates etc. Ive never even attempted to build a rare on this guy as i was under the impression id fuck it right up. Seeing as all the cst bods are in this thread i thought id pitch this question at you.

As for the original topic well ive not made any batches of anything higher than tl20 yet, due to lack of cash ive made my spells in batches of 15 and so i cant really comment on the slottage stuff. i got one 3 slot tl3 heal so i was happy however.

Lastly, lol @ blackdove, you should wear tratos's sig for a few days chap. :)

thanks guys

Argent
26-10-04, 20:03
I would like to point out this (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1385633&postcount=37) post for you people. Especially thebee & co.

Have fun doing your stuff, no matter how you do it!

thebee
26-10-04, 20:11
well egg on my face i forgot about that.

yah. oh well. salvage and recreate deem good slots for me.

thx argent

jernau
26-10-04, 20:11
I would like to point out this (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1385633&postcount=37) post for you people. Especially thebee & co.

Have fun doing your stuff, no matter how you do it!You really ought to also post the later clarification where the effect above cap was described as negligible even when taken to capped-GM levels.

Assuming you believe everything KK have said on the matter (which I don't advise tbh) you need to at least present ALL the "facts" they have presented.

Argent
26-10-04, 20:20
You really ought to also post the later clarification where the effect above cap was described as negligible even when taken to capped-GM levels.

Assuming you believe everything KK have said on the matter (which I don't advise tbh) you need to at least present ALL the "facts" they have presented.

Actually I have missed it myself as well. Oh well, better go read then. Stupid me.

Ps. I've learned the approriate way to handle KK's statements ;)

jernau
26-10-04, 20:22
Actually I have missed it myself as well. Oh well, better go read then. Stupid me.

Ps. I've learned the approriate way to handle KK's statements ;)
I would help look but I'm eating now :).

Omnituens
26-10-04, 20:50
what i find annoying is that fact that having higher CST nerfs slot chances on rares, in my experience (thought id underline that before ppl start going j00 r wrongz0r!!1111)

i say remove any sweet spot figures for any tradeskill and abilities. Higher should equal better tbh (even if it is a deminishing return system, a la Diablo II MF%)

and yes, that DOES include resistances, none of this 114 shite.

Clownst0pper
26-10-04, 20:53
Try lowering your spys construct to 150 with glove + SS + hawkins (which isnt alot base)

And I gaurentee youll get mad results (dont ask me why but it works)

Max your dexterity and lower your intelligance, always always worked for me!

Omnituens
26-10-04, 20:56
Try lowering your spys construct
exactly the opposite of what should be required.

DAMNIT JIM, HIGHER SHOULD EQUAL BETTER

Clownst0pper
26-10-04, 20:57
exactly the opposite of what should be required.

DAMNIT JIM, HIGHER SHOULD EQUAL BETTER

Fully aware it shouldnt be like that. But getting KK to change it is like asking the queen to shit on your lawn.

Aint gonna happen :rolleyes:

Omnituens
26-10-04, 20:59
Fully aware it shouldnt be like that. But getting KK to change it is like asking the queen to shit on your lawn.

Aint gonna happen :rolleyes:
Sell genuine royal shit on eBay, starting bid: £20

Clownst0pper
26-10-04, 21:01
Sell genuine royal shit on eBay, starting bid: £20

Im actually sure it would make 10k at least...

Theres alot of weirdo's out there...

you see the bloke who bought some dogs testicles? :p

Glok
26-10-04, 21:27
About rares, I have only built 2 so far in NC2, a Fire Apoc and a Holy Lightning, both 2 slots which may seem crappy, but, they were both all arti except handling after mods. Not too bad I think.

And to redeem myself for this TL3 heal fiasco, I've been building TPCs. I have a 4 slotter so far, but the 5 slotter will be my final redemption. :D

Shakari
27-10-04, 01:03
About rares, I have only built 2 so far in NC2, a Fire Apoc and a Holy Lightning, both 2 slots which may seem crappy, but, they were both all arti except handling after mods. Not too bad I think.

And to redeem myself for this TL3 heal fiasco, I've been building TPCs. I have a 4 slotter so far, but the 5 slotter will be my final redemption. :D

Last thing i build in NC was a 4 slot artifact SH :)

Bugs Gunny
27-10-04, 10:54
Best rares i ever built were with 132 cst. And i've actualy lommed back to that level and put other points in barter.

Singularity
27-10-04, 12:43
Ive got 10-20 5 slot items since nc2 started, thats not buildining constantly or anything and some were tl 100+

tl 225 cst fully capped >8]

Glok
27-10-04, 13:24
We can add 3 more 5 slot doohickeys to my total. One was a 5 slot special forces combat knife. :lol:

That makes 10 now I think. Meh. Those TL3 heals are gonna haunt me. :(

jini
27-10-04, 15:55
We can add 3 more 5 slot doohickeys to my total. One was a 5 slot special forces combat knife. :lol:

That makes 10 now I think. Meh. Those TL3 heals are gonna haunt me. :(
you never know what might come next ;)
maybe 10 5slot crahn heals out of a batch of 10 which will certainly redeem all yr previous spoilled batches :)
really why would someone wants a 5slotted crahn heal? if i remember correctly with 4slots you already get 3 stats arti, no?

Glok
27-10-04, 18:17
I battled the mighty TPC and came out on top:

http://eastsdomain.com/site/people/skronk/tpctbh.jpg

It took 150 or so, in batches of 10. That's enough for now, I need to kill things dead for a while. Monkey needs levelling anyways.

jini
27-10-04, 18:37
I battled the mighty TPC and came out on top:

http://eastsdomain.com/site/people/skronk/tpctbh.jpg

It took 150 or so, in batches of 10. That's enough for now, I need to kill things dead for a while. Monkey needs levelling anyways.

nicely made glok. uber tpc.
I want to hear what those who say go for 250 in cst to make 5slot crahn gonna say. Great weapon

Glok
27-10-04, 20:38
Thanks. :D

I need suggestions on mods. I was thinking barrel, barrel, freq, freq, xray. But would barrel, freq, freq, handling be better?

Glok
27-10-04, 21:31
Oh. Should I dish out the cash for a HC ultima for it? Is that even remotely a good idea? O_o

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 21:38
Oh. Should I dish out the cash for a HC ultima for it? Is that even remotely a good idea? O_o

entirely personal preferance... easy RoF / aim cap means the TPC is a mean weapon... if you have the skill to aim it well it will beat CS tanks (note: not all the time...)

:edit: the point of my post was only ultima it if you intend to PvP with it for some time

jernau
27-10-04, 21:38
If it's for a tank you won't need that many mods to cap it. Check the stats then add mods one at a time.

Glok
27-10-04, 21:43
It's for my HC PE, unless I get an offer I can't refuse. Considering that, I guess I should ultimate it, as a PE can only get ~160 HC.

Jesterthegreat
27-10-04, 22:10
i would if i was you

Argent
27-10-04, 22:13
It's for my HC PE, unless I get an offer I can't refuse. Considering that, I guess I should ultimate it, as a PE can only get ~160 HC.

HC-PE definetly needs an ultima, when I still had one, I tried I think 3 differently (normal)modded 5-slot TPCs and all of them still lacked something. Go for ultima I say.

jernau
27-10-04, 23:51
Like they said - PE will need all the help he can get.

jini
28-10-04, 05:38
Well I got an offer you cant refuse :D:D:D
The uber crahn heal 5 slotted :DDD
ok seriously, ask Naimex, he had such a gun i made him but i also ultimated it. 160 h-c sounds a lot to me. I dont think dmg will be a prob to cap, freq certainly is, i dunno about aiming, but naimex will help you.
trick is to cap w/o ultimating it, but if ultimas are no prob for you go ahead ultimate it. Oh my god I wouldn't like to meet this PE..

naimex
28-10-04, 12:58
sorry, what exactly are we talking about ??

I assume we“re talking about a Tangent Plasma Cannon..

And one of the things I did read was that it was for a HC PE with about 160 hc..

how much str does this pe have ?

what are the stats of the cannon, if its a modding question?

if its about mods, go for ammo mod first and then frequency second, then handling, and if dmg isnt capped then dmg, and after all that at the bottom of the needed list we have the range.

Glok
28-10-04, 15:55
Yeah it's a TPC, naimex. Capped stats... 87% all around...

Barrels add damage and range.

My PE isn't capped yet, but will have Marine, MOVEON, Bez3, Bez2, Harden 3, + beast. Come to think of it, beast adds 25 hc also. Anyways, 86 str with all that.

naimex
28-10-04, 16:04
Yeah it's a TPC, naimex. Capped stats... 87% all around...

Barrels add damage and range.

My PE isn't capped yet, but will have Marine, MOVEON, Bez3, Bez2, Harden 3, + beast. Come to think of it, beast adds 25 hc also. Anyways, 86 str with all that.

shouldnt be a problem with damage..

just ammo mod, frequency mod, and handling mod if you have 3 slots.

but no guarantees.

Glok
28-10-04, 16:08
naimex you weiner you didn't read the thread! ;)

It's a 5 slot, just to save you the trouble. :p

naimex
28-10-04, 16:46
naimex you weiner you didn't read the thread! ;)

It's a 5 slot, just to save you the trouble. :p

i told you from the start i didnt read the thread.. forum was really laggy when i found my name in search.

well

ammo mod, frequency mod, handling mod, damage mod, whatever

or if you have a heavy ultimate lying around rotting up, just go for it.

ammo mod, ultimate, frequency mod, handling mod, damage mod.

Glok
28-10-04, 21:31
Well, it's modded now. I was unsure whether to double barrel, but as the damage stat was 98% after one barrel, I figured I had better do it.

Result:

http://eastsdomain.com/site/people/skronk/moddedtpc.jpg

Seven
28-10-04, 22:09
Man that's nice work. :cool:

jini
29-10-04, 07:41
Why arti in range?
why not in handling?
nice weapon again, i just hope it will work fine in pvp.
Naimex would help us here telling us if he remembers, at which level of h-c he caped freq and aim, but its already modded so..

Omnituens
29-10-04, 07:46
EDIT: nevermind, lack of sleep = stupid post

naimex
29-10-04, 08:19
Why arti in range?
why not in handling?
Naimex would help us here telling us if he remembers, at which level of h-c he caped freq and aim, but its already modded so..

because he slapped 2x barrel on it, and barrels add dmg and range.

that made him use all 5 mods. so he couldn“t do more to handling.

And no naimex doesn“t know at what hc he capped freq but it was below 200 and above 150 I think.

Glok
29-10-04, 15:03
I thought plasma cannons capped freq at 227 rpm? Or is that just the CS that caps there?

About the damage (barrel) versus handling, this is for a PE, who will have a lot less HC than a tank, however, she will have way more weaponlore to balance out handling issues.

naimex
29-10-04, 15:19
I thought plasma cannons capped freq at 227 rpm? Or is that just the CS that caps there?

About the damage (barrel) versus handling, this is for a PE, who will have a lot less HC than a tank, however, she will have way more weaponlore to balance out handling issues.

caps for ALL Plasma CANNONS are :

Dmg : 178 %
Aim : 267 % i think o.O forgot suddenly
RoF : 227 shots/min
recoil : 8 or 9 (ive never been below 9)
range : 538 (very unsure about that one)

jini
30-10-04, 11:29

damn yes i forgot that pes are smart ;)
so you modded it right
cool
i would like to know how near you are in those caps of this weapon

ROZZER187
30-10-04, 14:49
best non rare i made was a 5 slotter holy rezz, i made 10 of them and at least 7 of em had slots, i think i gave my 5 slotter to maester seymour after i deleted my ppu

Glok
30-10-04, 14:52
i would like to know how near you are in those caps of this weaponI don't know yet, my PE has 49 str and I'm a lazy cunt. :lol: