PDA

View Full Version : Rank bug (?)

Viktor
24-10-04, 19:29
Last night, my rank was 51/48, and it was getting to the point where I wanted to get my Assassination Suit on (TL 90). So, I bought 3 more Dex +5 implants to complete my collection, and I was able to get 88 dexterity. I had to use whiteflash to get my PA on every time I GR'ed, which was no problem. But when I used whiteflash, I noticed my rank went down to 44/48. I just figured it was the drugs, and it'd wear off after the flash.

...I fataled.

Yes, I fataled, and now my rank will not budge from 44/48. I went up to 93 dexterity and equipped my Paineaser. No use. I tried unequipping my PA. Didn't work. I tried zoning, relogging, GR'ing, going in and out of the hacknet, killing mobs, drugging with whiteflash (again), and committing suicide. It still won't move.

I submitted a bug report but I'm not expecting much of a response. I'm fairly convinced that I'm bugged, and everyone I spoke with believes I am, also. Any help is appreciated.

I'm not angry, just confused. :p

Glok
24-10-04, 20:15
That might not be a bug. Might. It has to do with the way rank is calculated.

My hybrid when he equips an all artifact Holy Lightning (TL101) has a rank of 42/58. He gets about 440% damage on it without PA and about 85 rof. However, if he equips his 5 slot holy multi energy bolt (TL69) he gets a rank of 75/58. He fully caps all stats on the multi bolt.

If you moved from a weapon you fully capped to a higher TL weapon that you don't cap, that could be the reason your rank went down.

aelfkins
24-10-04, 20:30
Plus the Imps you took out to put in the Dex Imps where probalby raising your rank.

:)

Mr Kot
24-10-04, 21:17
Sounds right so far.

If u really want to get your combat rank up quickly, ask a ppu to slap a Rifle boost 3 buff on you. The extra 20 R-C will make a world of difference. Your rank should easily reach at least 58/48 with that. You may even get two pretty stars too :p

These DEX giving imps you have poked in..... they're not Drone implants are they? Drone imps like the Drone distance interface, mindcontrol CPU and experimental mindcontrol CPU seriously reduce your weapon lore. Rifle users should stick to R-C and WEP giving imps like Distance weapon CPU, Experimental ballistic weapon CPU and Special Forces. A Motoric implant gives pure +DEX without any negatives. You may even be lucky enough to get hold of an Area MC5 Synaptic Accelerator one day. That's just like a Special Forces but gives +6 DEX whereas the SF gives +5.

Having said all that, having a high combat rank isn't the be all and end all. The lower your combat rank, the more money you get from killing creatures that are slightly lower level than you. When i'm strapped for cash, i use a crappy shop bought weapon and zone a lot until my rank falls. Then hit the aggie cellars or cyclops pits and make 300nc to 1015nc per kill. Doing this for a solid hour can rake in a fortune if you don't want to risk death with the higher level mobs.

Hope this helps. ;)