-pop a antishock drug(1500NC)
-melee tank shocks you
-ppu shocks you
-you die because you run out of antishocks
-melee tank shocks you
***battle ends***

With the way the money system is now how come antishock drugs aren't allowed to be recycled or researched? PPU's and melee tanks have instant access to shocking with no cost to resources but to combat them you need 100K+ in antishock drugs. Perhaps if shocking actually cost something similar to what it costs to counter it things would be fare but currently it's a major imbalance.

aelfkins
23-10-04, 20:42
Ummm, ever class(except droner) have accese to shock weapons. But I do think that antishock should be recycleable(like all the other drugs)

:)

Singularity
23-10-04, 21:02
in an op war you'll have a ppu who can anti shock you ... if not who cares

whifix
23-10-04, 21:08
Ummm, ever class(except droner) have accese to shock weapons. But I do think that antishock should be recycleable(like all the other drugs)

I dont mean the shocking weapons, which unless you uare melee dont do much. I mean the Antiparalyse spell that PPU's have access too.

in an op war you'll have a ppu who can anti shock you ... if not who cares

In an op war a PPU would be too busy to focus on antishocking. On top of that unless they actually see you getting shocked it is hard to tell if someone has been shocked. Drugs are more efficient then counting on this.

joran420
23-10-04, 23:52
rofl if it wasnt for shock i would never be able to kill that melee PE cut somethin

that fucker is fast

Spermy
23-10-04, 23:57
There's an easy solution to this.

BAN PARA

Whose with Meh?!

*Waves flag*

*Gets bored. Wanders Off*

tiikeri
24-10-04, 00:00
eh.. not again these remove/nerf para threads.
It's fine, leave it be.

Xylaz
24-10-04, 00:02
actually... no, its not fine...

G.0.D.
24-10-04, 00:07
Para is important to maintain game balance, Hear me out.

Have you ever fought a melee tank or pe totaly speced for speed? In a low fps enviroment it becomes imposible to hit them, You are a sitting duck. The reason you so rarly see totaly speed speced chars is because one slice of the para tree and they dont stand a chance. Just a little thought before voting to remove para.

I would on the other hand like to see a 4 use bottle of antishock.

tiikeri
24-10-04, 00:19
Have you ever fought a melee tank or pe totaly speced for speed? In a low fps enviroment it becomes imposible to hit them,

Or PAless PPU... jesus..

Underground
24-10-04, 00:19

Have you ever fought a melee tank or pe totaly speced for speed? In a low fps enviroment it becomes imposible to hit them, You are a sitting duck. The reason you so rarly see totaly speed speced chars is because one slice of the para tree and they dont stand a chance. Just a little thought before voting to remove para.

SPOT ON

Exactly the way that me/rade/sirox managed to do stuff with melee BEFORE THE BOOST.

tho yea, still remove parashock, reason i specced 90 ath and 112 agil was because then im a bastard for PPUs to shock me :p remove para and ill lom that wasted ath into resists

40$Poser
24-10-04, 00:40
yes, either remove parashock from the game. Or just make the drugs able to be recycled.

Dribble Joy
24-10-04, 05:18

PvP, even with the imbalances that dog it currently, is still skill based.
With para, all sense of skill is removed.

Even if you assume everyone has perfect aiming capapability, where speed/ movement is in thoery irrelevant, para will still ruin PvP.

People are then able to move outside the capabilities of ANYONE, they are able to remain outside of the victim with ease.
Para destroys all sense of ability.
People can no longer keep up with the speed of other players, thier mouse angular speed is lower then the movement of other people. It is not a case of skill, they simply CANNOT compete.
For example. I and my nibbish clannies hack chester, we don't even have a ppu. I'm the only capped player.
Two ppus and a CS tank come though the UG.
Judgeing by the skill of the tank, I could take him (if he weren't ppu supported), however, I am paraed, I cannot move, I cannot turn fast enough, and I am dead in seconds. Can't even turn enough to target him.

To quote me a while ago in a less drunk state: (I'm very drunk atm)

Any and all forms of shocking renders an opponent virtually unable to fight back.

Where speed was once no defence against peoples aim, para means that the para victim cannot target the shocker, in addition the victim is reduced to a crawl where even the most hopeless of people can strike them without effort, also rendering their ability to escape null.

PPUs do not NEED para, noone NEEDS para.

Get rid of it, no drugs, no resist psi thing, no special armour or 'para-stealth'.
Free up those QB spaces for something that might just (shock horror) help make the fight FUN (heaven forbid).

Para has no place in PvP.

Smok3d
24-10-04, 07:34
i think they should just leave it in but just make anti shocks researchable O_o

Zheo
24-10-04, 08:02
I cant vote because I have a different idea :p

Why not make it so that only ppu's can paralysis and while they are doing it they cannot do anything else, like buff themselves, eat a psi buffer, and make it a rare spell, that constantly drains their psi (not hugely fast) but this would make it fair,

There'd be a huge price to pay for paralysis

....anyone agree?

Enemy
24-10-04, 08:26
Cap runspeed lower so people can't run faster than you can aim (or faster than vehicles for that matter) - then parashock won't be "necessary".

Also either remove the aiming reticle system or make every weapon type have it (psi spells and drones etc).

Viktor
24-10-04, 09:14
Leave shock. Remove leg damage!

FarSight
24-10-04, 09:26
Antishock lvl1 is recycleable (not cloneable) like antidote, damag blocker, stealthbrakers (all lvl1) ... in fact dunno why old receips for lvl2 (advanced ones) and lvl3 (concentrated ones) dont work ....

Genji
24-10-04, 14:17
I'd like to see anti-shock drugs recycleable or 4 use per, other then that...no change. They bearly effect me personally unless it's a near capped ppu useing it, at which point the pills take a sec or two to work.

I'm a para victume and I'm not complaining, so I think you can live with it...I mean hell, ppu's gotta have something to do besides heal :p

QuantumDelta
24-10-04, 14:23
I'm open to alternatives, but as I see it, Para is the epitome of all that is wrong with the Gameplay world :p

Less so now..
Still though.

KRIMINAL99
24-10-04, 14:37

Ok no. Its not their responsibility to balance the game so that people with bad systems and connections (unless its more KK's fault the people have a bad connection ie people in a country far from them) have an equal chance against people with decent equipment. Gaming needs decent equipment.

IMO if they are going to leave shock in the game do this. Make antishock have a PREVENTITIVE effect for a substantial amount of time. Perhaps like 10 - 20 - 30 seconds during which you cannot be shocked.

Birkoff
24-10-04, 15:19
There's an easy solution to this.

BAN PARA

Whose with Meh?!

*Waves flag*

*Gets bored. Wanders Off*

There is no chance of that,
KK arn't knwon for doing things that the community agree on and want more than anything else.

Enemy
24-10-04, 16:15
Leave shock. Remove leg damage!

It would be better to remove shock and leave leg damage. When you shoot someone in the legs, logically they should get leg damage. But you are saying we should not have this but still have magic spells that do the same thing in one click whether you hit the legs or not.

tiikeri
24-10-04, 16:27
It would be better to remove shock and leave leg damage. When you shoot someone in the legs, logically they should get leg damage. But you are saying we should not have this but still have magic spells that do the same thing in one click whether you hit the legs or not.

Then what about melee? when u hit legs with melee weapon, nothing happens. So down with that.

whifix
25-10-04, 09:28
My favorite solution would be to have shockers/parashocks cost as much or more then antishocks. That way you dont have a melee tank or a ppu just holding down that shock button spaming you with it. Instead hopefully they would use it sparingly. If that isn't a possibility then at least make concentrated drugs recycleable/researchable again.

THE_TICK!!!!
25-10-04, 10:18
There is no chance of that,
KK arn't knwon for doing things that the community agree on and want more than anything else.

the whole community does NOT agree :) maybe THATS why :P

MaGn0lia
25-10-04, 10:27
Here is my solution to the PPU parashock.

*run in wastes*
*zone in crp the gank fest of all sides regardless of faction orientation, allied, enemy or neutral doesn't matter it is the new free-4-all fighting arena*
*spot enemy spy*
*engage battle*
*win battle* winnar/sex emote
*spot enemy ppu in horizon, stealth, run in safe place and log out, go play a GOOD game*

Problem solved tbh. I never ever in any situation go to a battle with ppu involved, tank shocker I can take it is fair, they need it it is crucial to their success in battle but PPUs don't have any valid reason to have access to overpowered shockspell. NOW if all classes had some anti buff weapon spell or something like that THEN it would be ok for them to have a shock spell.

Ascension
25-10-04, 10:36

since when did APU's have access to shock weapons..? :wtf: