PDA

View Full Version : Best/worst FSM

jernau
23-10-04, 15:14
OK. I'm working on boosting sympathies on my trade/support alts so they can buy from FSMs. So far other than levelling my RESser nicely (he's doing all the grunt work) I have been less than impressed with what they offer.

I can't see anyone making money from being able to buy Camo PA or L3 psi imps for example.

So.... are any of them better than others and if so which?

/edit - oops, could a mod please add a "none of them" option please.

Dribble Joy
23-10-04, 15:15
CMFSM and the CMDB is pants, don't go there.

Marwin
23-10-04, 15:16
i dont know what other FSMs sell

but TS FSM is crap, he only sells clan keys, const licenses and the MNPU parts... i cant get anything else from him

jernau
23-10-04, 15:16
The DBs have no FS reqs do they?

Dribble Joy
23-10-04, 15:19
They do.. kinda.
You need a codebreaker to DL from faction DBs that are not your own.

/edit:
FS?
No idea.

jernau
23-10-04, 15:20
They do.. kinda.
You need a codebreaker to DL from faction DBs that are not your own.

/edit:
FS?
No idea.
That's what I thought.

FS = Faction Sympathy

quickpick
23-10-04, 18:05
CMFSM and the CMDB is pants, don't go there.
I second that.

jernau
23-10-04, 18:07
What does the FA one sell? He's the only one with 2 votes so far.

Underground
23-10-04, 18:07
The tsunami one is pathetic, it doesent have anything that you cant get elsewhere :wtf:

StryfeX
23-10-04, 18:09
What does the FA one sell? He's the only one with 2 votes so far.the FA FSM sells experimental bone enforcements and (I think) a hovercarrier. Not sure what else.

--Stryfe

hudsonbeck
23-10-04, 18:14
the FA FSM sells experimental bone enforcements and (I think) a hovercarrier. Not sure what else.

--Stryfe
and a freezer cannon :(
but yea, thats it.

Experimental bones and a freezer cannon :( Oh and a hoverbomber

R3C0!L
23-10-04, 19:58
Black Dragon is quite cool actually

PA's for PE 3+4 Rifle/Pistol

Also Drugs

Redflash, Beast, Nightspider and some others @ about 3k a piece

jernau
23-10-04, 20:11
Yeah, BD is the only one that sounds good from what I've heard.

Why isn't anyone voting for it though?

Everyone seems to like FA which sounds pretty poor to me. I'm working on FA atm though so I'll stick with it. BD is next though.

@mods - any chance for a "none of the above" option?

Glok
23-10-04, 20:15
Is it true there is a smuggler in the Crahn church that sells the level 3 booster modules? If not, then definitely Crahn FSM as level 3 boosters can't be researched. Serve the almighty monk! :lol:

jernau
23-10-04, 20:18
Is it true there is a smuggler in the Crahn church that sells the level 3 booster modules? If not, then definitely Crahn FSM as level 3 boosters can't be researched. Serve the almighty monk! :lol:Yes he's there. He always seems to load slow for me for some reason so I missed him for ages. I was gutted when I got 90CS and the FSM had no spells.

You don't need any reqs to use him though - just to be able to get to him - so any DoY runner or people with stealth.

aelfkins
23-10-04, 20:47
Has anyone bought something from a FSM thats not your faction. I was talking with Bio runner who had 100 next symp but couldn't talk to the next FSM.

:)

jernau
23-10-04, 20:51
Has anyone bought something from a FSM thats not your faction. I was talking with Bio runner who had 100 next symp but couldn't talk to the next FSM.

:)
You can't.

You could in beta :(.

Singularity
23-10-04, 20:57
You dont need 50 crahn to talk to the smuggler in the church, nor do you seem to need +ve symp .. unless you talk to one of the people, then they kos you

Matthew.v.smith
25-10-04, 10:21
TG's is pretty cool with LVL 3 and 4 Tank PA a Hovercarrier and Datacubes aswell as Clan a clan key, Licenses and some lower Bp weapons.

Matty.

Hazard01
25-10-04, 10:34
The FA FSM sells the Hoverbomber, not the carrier :)

jernau
25-10-04, 14:39
So far the only ones that seems to have any long-term prospects (once people start accumulating items) are TT and BD. In the mean time BT is handy I guess.

That is unless the vehicles can't be BPed or DRE sell any unique apts.

Dribble Joy
25-10-04, 14:52
Who the fuck voted for the CM one? I mean Camo PA is cool but....

Afaik, vehicle BPs (like the rhino, APC, hover bomber and the carrier) can only be got from the faction DBs and can't be cloned.

Retro V
25-10-04, 15:01
CA sells APCs for over 500k unbartered , hefty sum as it can't be BP'd .
Also sells a noob plasma pistol and the usual FSM stuff like licenses and clankeys.
Best thing about it is it's only place to buy Spy PA3,4 .

I couldn't for any particular faction though, cos no single one stands out imo .
But , some of them do suck .

angelsenior
25-10-04, 15:03
It's difficult to state which FSM or DB is better then the others as most of these features are barely working/implemented.

The most usefull to get from a FSM are much needed items like the most wanted lvl 3 implants, combat vehicles, some very good mid-lvl weapons etc...

For trading, the items which are used/lost more frequently will be traded the most (like combat vehicles which, once destroyed need to/can only be bought again).

Alamais
25-10-04, 15:22
http://nc.synergyxr.net/factions/supplymanagers.php

There's a nearly complete list of items for the FSM's. Only things missing are some of the newer items that aren't added to the database yet, vehicle keys, and apartments. They'll be on there soon. :p

Personally, it depends what you want from the Manager. A few of them have a fairly good selection (NEXT for vehicles, DRE has a whole lotta apartments, etc.) and then there are the ones that have crap. :rolleyes:

Killfly
25-10-04, 18:57
PP FSM sucks big ones... If I could've voted for the WORST FSM it would be PP by a long shot... Experimental hearts and medical substances... Not much else...