PDA

View Full Version : .idea. Belt drops in all zones.

Otiose
22-10-04, 23:42
It would make Op fights more interesting. It would make the game much less carebear overall. There would be both risk and reward towards fighting.

So how about it. Enabling belts drops in all zones on Terra.

plague
22-10-04, 23:47
beware what you wish for....

Dribble Joy
22-10-04, 23:50
Belts never used to drop, an item in your QB did.
Problem is that when they were about to die, people would stuuf all thier QB items in thier inv.

Then they brought in belts. Which didn't drop in warzones.

Some people (primarily the german players) wanted it changed after a small number of clan continuously raided/ninjaed/hacked OPs 24/7. The defenders were sick of it, despite the fact that (personnally) if they don't have the endurance to keep an OP they don't deserve it.

The english community had different views.

An OP is not about ganking you enemies and stealing thier loot.
People would simply not want to go to OP fights.
OPs should be about the OPs and not the loot.
It would also discourage (to an extent more than it is currently) the smaller clans (like mine) from the OP fight arena, only the huge mega clan with the strength to swamp an attacker would be able to keep OPs.

So, no. Bad idea. OPs are about OPs, not about ganking.

Glok
22-10-04, 23:54
hm. nevermind.

MrChumble
22-10-04, 23:58
As you added the 'terrible' option I'm afraid I had to go with that. OP wars are stressful enough as it is without losing items as well :)

MkVenner
23-10-04, 00:00
yeah what DJ said lol

Spermy
23-10-04, 00:25
Fuck that - after One OP fight - everyone would be gimped - and I'm sorry - but carebear has as much right as counterstri - er I mean "other playing methods", to exist.

StryfeX
23-10-04, 00:38
"Terrible idea"

DJ put it nice and eloquently, so I won't slaughter innocent words to simply say the same.

--Stryfe

Underground
23-10-04, 00:39
Fuck that - after One OP fight - everyone would be gimped - and I'm sorry - but carebear has as much right as counterstri - er I mean "other playing methods", to exist.

:rolleyes:

Played on jupiter atall ? I did for nearly a year, regular OP fights and only lost 1 valuable item.

Stop being damned drama queens for a minute or 2 and think.

1 slot server, Pluto, population fuck and all
1 slot server, Jupiter, Belt drops in warzones, Populations were still at 250+ at end of retail, regular OP fights still aswell.

How many times have you died leveling or while out hunting, pepper park or whatever, how many times have you actually lost something in those situations other then armour/drug/crap, yet the ammout of times people die outside of opwars is alot higher then during op wars imo, so yea, why not remove belt drops totally because everyone will be fucked when they die and drop a rare every time :wtf:

StryfeX
23-10-04, 00:54
:rolleyes:

Played on jupiter atall ? I did for nearly a year, regular OP fights and only lost 1 valuable item.

Stop being damned drama queens for a minute or 2 and think.

1 slot server, Pluto, population fuck and all
1 slot server, Jupiter, Belt drops in warzones, Populations were still at 250+ at end of retail, regular OP fights still aswell.

How many times have you died leveling or while out hunting, pepper park or whatever, how many times have you actually lost something in those situations other then armour/drug/crap, yet the ammout of times people die outside of opwars is alot higher then during op wars imo, so yea, why not remove belt drops totally because everyone will be fucked when they die and drop a rare every time :wtf:Because losing a 150k+ peice of armor (PA) every 2 days is not a good thing. Rather draining on the cash reserves, that.

Besides, just... no.

--Stryfe

SorkZmok
23-10-04, 00:54
It would reward pkers, lead to even more ganking, make opfights much more boring cause people wont show up at all or only with a zerg army to be sure they cant loose.

shit idea tbh.

/edit
Also fucks over people who cant play much and havent got spare spells, armor, weapons and shit.

/editedit
And when i got to an opwar i want fun. And its good that you dont have to care about your stuff if you die. If im the only one online and i get a hack warning, i GR in, no matter how many people there might be. I wouldnt even think about that if i would risk dropping a belt.
If people keep coming back even if they loose everytime, kill em again. Whats the problem with that?

Xylaz
23-10-04, 01:09
/edit/ uhm whatever, i changed my mind, ignore me...

i dont really care, that's all

aelfkins
23-10-04, 01:20
It would become a HUGE reward system for the faction killers and griefers. Amagine a hacker and a fast dammage dealer at every GR just raking in the belts. Itld be a new feature "just click GenRep to lose your most valuable item"
:D

[TgR]KILLER
23-10-04, 02:15
sigh do we have to have one of these topics every so much time ?

OP wars are the only times you can do a full scale battle use more then 1 rare weapon and just go full out without having to worry about losing and losing your rares.. don't touch that.

Otiose
23-10-04, 03:04
The way I see it people are far too attached to there items and possesions in game its not healthy really.

I played on both saturn and jupiter, as a ppu/apu on both so had much valuable stuff to lose, my view was overall jupiter was more exciting, there was more of a thrill. Sure you had the ability to lose stuff, but also the ability to gain stuff.

The belts dropping in warzones also promotes better organization of runners, which in turn leads to better fights.

The random item dropping from belt was not good, you had people stuffing items to there invents and such, belts however are good. The fact they need to be hacked gives you time, means the attack needs to be organised.

Seeing how the votes have gone so far is rather sad, NC used to be a tough gritty place, a hardcore game. But now people are too worried about losing there precious shinys.

Skill > items. More fun could be had all around if people remembered that.

[TgR]KILLER
23-10-04, 03:16
people pay cash to play this game.. invest time to get that 1 5 slot weapon they saved for ages for.. and you couldn't even use it in wars cause you would lose it..

as soon as you gonna pay for me and you gonna arrange 5 slot rares for me then i'll get unattached from my weapons.

Ozzon
23-10-04, 03:30
Well it's a pity that some virtual stuff is more important than the excitement/fun factor.
I'm bored of op battles because it's all over the same thing, where nothing changes because we can't lose or gain anything.

More excitement should be more valuable than you five slotters which you don't have to lose, it's a risk and it's fun.

Maybe belts in op zones should be harder to hack so it could be done only after the battle.
I'd really like to see people care more about fun in the game than items, items, items, items...

Underground
23-10-04, 03:34
KILLER']people pay cash to play this game.. invest time to get that 1 5 slot weapon they saved for ages for.. and you couldn't even use it in wars cause you would lose it..

as soon as you gonna pay for me and you gonna arrange 5 slot rares for me then i'll get unattached from my weapons.

You still have a safeslot.

Killer, ive had times when im red soullight with a 5 slot POB on me and not even dropped it...

My tank, carries 4 slot thunderbolt and 4 slot DG in his belt in slots 2 and 8, 5 slot TL3 heal in slot 9, stam in slot 10 and shocks in between, been that way for around a year now, to this day i am yet to even drop that 4 slot DG, Yes ive lost 3-4 thunderbolts but i rarely use it anyway lol.

My Jupiter main char was a spy, secondary was a PPU, My spy _always_ had a 4 slot Spirit SH on him, aswell as healing light, my HL was 4 slots and in slot 2, never once dropped it in a OP fight, my PPU, bloodyhell, 4-5 slot spells throughout his belt and inv, plus PA, I think i lost 1 PA, 1 heal and a couple of buffs, but probably 70%-80% of the time i just dropped a cheap piece of armour or a psi booster.

Carinth
23-10-04, 03:58
When we had this huge debate I never understood how any ppu could support this. Belt drops would mean I won't participate in op wars much. If I did it would be for a short time and I'd run for the gr if things aren't goin my way.

I'm sorry that pvp is boring for you and doesn't have any risk, it has a hell of a lot of risk for me. I can't afford to spend every day taking a couple hours of my time to bp/build spells that I lost at a fight. It's bad enough going into anarchy zones and risking synchs/crashes/bugs in addition to bad luck. Sorry Im not sympathetic that you're bored, maybe you should propose something that makes it more fun for *you*. I don't need anymore risk.

What I found out later, about the german ppu's that oddly enough supported belt drops was.. They're rich. Jupiter had been around the longest and they've had the most time to amass apartments full of everything they need. So even the ppu's can afford to throw away 5 slotters like candy.

Otiose
23-10-04, 04:22
When we had this huge debate I never understood how any ppu could support this. Belt drops would mean I won't participate in op wars much. If I did it would be for a short time and I'd run for the gr if things aren't goin my way.

I'm sorry that pvp is boring for you and doesn't have any risk, it has a hell of a lot of risk for me. I can't afford to spend every day taking a couple hours of my time to bp/build spells that I lost at a fight. It's bad enough going into anarchy zones and risking synchs/crashes/bugs in addition to bad luck. Sorry Im not sympathetic that you're bored, maybe you should propose something that makes it more fun for *you*. I don't need anymore risk.

What I found out later, about the german ppu's that oddly enough supported belt drops was.. They're rich. Jupiter had been around the longest and they've had the most time to amass apartments full of everything they need. So even the ppu's can afford to throw away 5 slotters like candy.

Carinth, my main characters on both server were PPU's. Way back in the day when the belt drop was brought up, I thought it was a terrible idea. Untill I played on jupiter and found out what it was like.

I did not have multiple 5 slots of every spell, dont think I had any 5 slots at all infact, did not have multiple backups of all spells either. The fact is really as a ppu the whole 5 slot of every spell is completely over rated. Give me a 3 hell maybe even a 2 slot holy shelter, and I will do just as well as if it was a 5 slot. It honestly makes little difference if you get 490% damage or capped damage on the shelter.

NC should not be a pokemon game it should not be about collecting everything you can, that just causes it stagnate rather than flowing freely. I am not bored, I would just like to see what I honestly believe would make the game better done to the game, but people are scared of losing things that are in all honestly easily replacable. You also have the fact, yes you lose stuff but you can also gain stuff. No matter how you look at it, it really is nothing more than pure carebearness which is a shame, since the game could be so much more.

Carinth
23-10-04, 04:46
Carinth, my main characters on both server were PPU's. Way back in the day when the belt drop was brought up, I thought it was a terrible idea. Untill I played on jupiter and found out what it was like.

I did not have multiple 5 slots of every spell, dont think I had any 5 slots at all infact, did not have multiple backups of all spells either. The fact is really as a ppu the whole 5 slot of every spell is completely over rated. Give me a 3 hell maybe even a 2 slot holy shelter, and I will do just as well as if it was a 5 slot. It honestly makes little difference if you get 490% damage or capped damage on the shelter.

NC should not be a pokemon game it should not be about collecting everything you can, that just causes it stagnate rather than flowing freely. I am not bored, I would just like to see what I honestly believe would make the game better done to the game, but people are scared of losing things that are in all honestly easily replacable. You also have the fact, yes you lose stuff but you can also gain stuff. No matter how you look at it, it really is nothing more than pure carebearness which is a shame, since the game could be so much more.

The point is that I risk a hell of a lot more then everyone else. Where is my reward? Kill the tank, get some pants. Kill the apu, get a booster. Kill the pe, get a stam booster. Kill the spy, get a crahn heal woohoo!! Until this imbalance is fixed, loot is not a good enough reward for pvp.

Otiose
23-10-04, 04:55
The point is that I risk a hell of a lot more then everyone else. Where is my reward? Kill the tank, get some pants. Kill the apu, get a booster. Kill the pe, get a stam booster. Kill the spy, get a crahn heal woohoo!! Until this imbalance is fixed, loot is not a good enough reward for pvp.

Depending what you carry, I found the most likely things too drop on my ppu's were level 3 booster spells, more so if they had high random slots from being bought. Sure PPU's have alot of spells and maybe risk more than say a tank with only 1 gun and armour, it does not have to be equally balanced though so that everyone risks the exact same amount, classes are different would be impossible to do so. An APU probally risks the next most amount of stuff depending if they carried enough spells to cover all bases HL, anti buff, psi attack 2, posion, aoe spell/s, fire apoc, sure a tank can bring a single rare, he does better with more than just one though CS/dev, more options.

So kill a ppu and wow get a hazard 3 or maybe a holy heal, or holy shelter all classes get the chance to drop something decent. As a PPU I dont think/mind that we have much more to lose than any other class and in the end no matter what you drop, you can still operate, you can still be viable. Skill > equipment. Its just an item which you can replace.

Underground
23-10-04, 05:45
Depending what you carry, I found the most likely things too drop on my ppu's were level 3 booster spells, more so if they had high random slots from being bought. Sure PPU's have alot of spells and maybe risk more than say a tank with only 1 gun and armour, it does not have to be equally balanced though so that everyone risks the exact same amount, classes are different would be impossible to do so. An APU probally risks the next most amount of stuff depending if they carried enough spells to cover all bases HL, anti buff, psi attack 2, posion, aoe spell/s, fire apoc, sure a tank can bring a single rare, he does better with more than just one though CS/dev, more options.

So kill a ppu and wow get a hazard 3 or maybe a holy heal, or holy shelter all classes get the chance to drop something decent. As a PPU I dont think/mind that we have much more to lose than any other class and in the end no matter what you drop, you can still operate, you can still be viable. Skill > equipment. Its just an item which you can replace.

Less PPUs turning up to gatecrash a decent even fight is a bad thing ?

deac
23-10-04, 12:28
worst idea ever....

Spermy
23-10-04, 12:39
The way I see it people are far too attached to there items and possesions in game its not healthy really.

I played on both saturn and jupiter, as a ppu/apu on both so had much valuable stuff to lose, my view was overall jupiter was more exciting, there was more of a thrill. Sure you had the ability to lose stuff, but also the ability to gain stuff.

The belts dropping in warzones also promotes better organization of runners, which in turn leads to better fights.

The random item dropping from belt was not good, you had people stuffing items to there invents and such, belts however are good. The fact they need to be hacked gives you time, means the attack needs to be organised.

Seeing how the votes have gone so far is rather sad, NC used to be a tough gritty place, a hardcore game. But now people are too worried about losing there precious shinys.

Skill > items. More fun could be had all around if people remembered that.

Okay - Lesse - Heres a lazar gun.

and a leather vest.

I'll take my Beam of Hell, er my PA2 erm, my armours and my buffs.

Ready?

FIGHT!

Case closed.

Sigma
23-10-04, 12:41
worst idea ever....

Why is that?

I like the idea.

:angel:

naimex
23-10-04, 12:44
Not everyone has several millions, or 10x of each kind of rare or normal weapon..

And I for one, never drop a stamina booster or such in my belts, even tho half my qb is full of them..

i always drop armor or spell..

lets see, each armor is about 50 k, and with my current rate of dying..

that would be about 300 K per day (if I go into the wastelands).

With no income.

lets see, I currently have 407 K..

I could last about 1 day and 1 hour.

And then I would have no items, no money, nothing..

Hmm... what to vote for... what to vote for..

Oh I know...

HELL NO !!!!

Underground
23-10-04, 18:05
Not everyone has several millions, or 10x of each kind of rare or normal weapon..

And I for one, never drop a stamina booster or such in my belts, even tho half my qb is full of them..

i always drop armor or spell..

lets see, each armor is about 50 k, and with my current rate of dying..

that would be about 300 K per day (if I go into the wastelands).

With no income.

lets see, I currently have 407 K..

I could last about 1 day and 1 hour.

And then I would have no items, no money, nothing..

Hmm... what to vote for... what to vote for..

Oh I know...

HELL NO !!!!

Nobody does now, I havent really got any spares, but am willing to risk that to actually get something from OP wars again.

ROZZER187
24-10-04, 12:59
Well it's a pity that some virtual stuff is more important than the excitement/fun factor.
I'm bored of op battles because it's all over the same thing, where nothing changes because we can't lose or gain anything.

More excitement should be more valuable than you five slotters which you don't have to lose, it's a risk and it's fun.

Maybe belts in op zones should be harder to hack so it could be done only after the battle.
I'd really like to see people care more about fun in the game than items, items, items, items...

agree with some of what you said, maybe if the winning clan gained exp for the battle and the opposing side lost exp, but as dj said this isn't much fun for the smaller clans that want to pvp

QuantumDelta
24-10-04, 14:10
This was going to be imposed on the English community, they voted and polled for it to be a no.
It would not make sense to undo that work now.

--

Ops are not worth rares.

If KK SERIOUSLY upped the loot so that tech parts dropped like they USED to, then yes, I'd say do it, but as it stands PvP isn't actually worth anything atm.

[VP]Orion
24-10-04, 14:22
Dumbest idea Ive heard this year. Would make people VERY reluctant to go to an OP fight unless they were atleast 50% more people so they know they will probably win. Would create more zergs and thats all what this game need....

[VP]Orion
24-10-04, 14:33
[---]
Sounds to me that you are the one caring about items, items, items. The fun in the game is the fight itself, not to get items from anyone.

Belt dropping in warzones would kill this game faster than all KKs bugs together.

Actually, dont think you need more arguments than the poll itself. Almost everyone wants it to stay the way it is. During OP fights people bring out their very best stuff since they cant drop it. When they are out hunting or something where they risk being PKd they use stuff they can afford to loose. And I guess thats enough exitement for everyone. Risk a 1-2 slotter is one thing. But noone would ever use a 4-5 slotter if they risked dropping it.

Xylaz
24-10-04, 15:05
people just got used to their equipment too much... you dont really need 5 slot weapon to be able to participate in pvp... I've lost countless amounts of weapons, armors, tools etc - already in nc2 i've died like 50 times and got hacked all the time... items are easily replacable, 1 slot weapon is almost as good as 5 slot one.

I rarely do my business in warzones, rarely participate in op wars because they are boring for me. When u got nothing to loose you're missning most of the thrill.
But well, that's just my opinion - i dont really care about warzones, i dont fight there (well, if i have the choice, that is) and try to avoid those zones, so it doesnt really bother me.

MasterBee
24-10-04, 16:37
Bad idea. You have to understand that some of us have jobs and cant spend 10 hours playing every single day. That makes replacing items another timesink, which I honestly don't want or need.

Otiose
25-10-04, 15:42
I dont play NC 10 hours a day either.

People focus far too much on the fact omg no, I could lose an item in the game the tragedy the heart break the sorrow. Everyone has the chance to lose things, everyone has the chance to gain things, the same way everyone has the chance to lose them, from the full scale pvp wars, to the lone spy shooting you in the back as you hunt mobs in one of the OP zones with a nice spawn.

NC is supposed to be a hardcore PVP based game, right now it is much more of a carebears paradise, people not wanting to fight because they may lose an item is laughable, the same people probally do not fight anyway as there implants may fall out and take damage, the horror.

The higher chance of losing and gaining items, would do quite alot to remove some of the stagnation from the higher end of the gameplay. It brings more equaility than anything else, saying such a change would stop people fighting is laughable, its a pvp game, what else are you going to do.

evs
25-10-04, 16:07
from the voting it appears 85% disagree with you and you are in the very small minority.

MasterBee
25-10-04, 18:02
The higher chance of losing and gaining items, would do quite alot to remove some of the stagnation from the higher end of the gameplay. It brings more equaility than anything else, saying such a change would stop people fighting is laughable, its a pvp game, what else are you going to do.

Who told you NC is supposed to be a hardcore pvp game?
I can find other things to do in NC than PvP... If you can't, just go play UT2k4, THAT is a pvp only game.

QuickFix
25-10-04, 18:04
ROFL

thats an overwelming no vote.

shows how many carebears are on terra now