PDA

View Full Version : Hacknet; I have a few questions for the vets..

shardl0r
22-10-04, 23:11
I love hacknet, even with its flaws and bugs. It encompasses exactly what neocron is to me - a visionary, revolutionary idea that sadly lacks the technical skilling needed to make it. The spirit is willing and all that.
This is why I keep coming back to NC; after a break I'm able to see through the imperfections once more, and see the game that KK intended to make.

Anyway enough 'I'm enjoying NC once again' speech, I wondered if anyone is able to answer a few questions about HN for me? I've searched the forums thoroughly, and can't find the answers to these questions anywhere.

1) The mobs in the infected storage 3s, are these the same mobs as those in the DNS?
2) What lvl does your recycle skill need to be to make codebreakers?
3) Does using a codebreaker on an allied faction DB damage your FS with that faction/hostile the guards?
4) Whats the cap% on software? I seem to have a higher cap% on my higher TL software, with both TL's being of same build quality (579% on v0.2 - 600% v0.3) - can't figure this one out.

And 3 questions here that I will find out myself, but if anyone wants to share it would save me lots of time :)

5) Imps don't work in HN, does armour? (since it does take damage.)
6) Do resists work in HN? Do they work as they do outside HN?
7) What type of damage do the 60/60 ** mobs in the DNS do?

Thanks for reading everything, if anyone can answer any of the questions for me i'd be very grateful.

shRd-

MrChumble
23-10-04, 00:06
Answering the bits I can:

1) Not sure, but if they're the same rank they may as well be cos all mobs use the same attack :) Note that many of the mobs are very bugged and do insane damage. Mostly the ones in the infected storages.

2) Not sure as I've not worked out any of the recipes yet

3) Not sure

4) Again not sure :D I thought it was 579%, maybe the defensive stuff caps higher like PPU stuff does.

5) Nope

6) I think so, yes. I seem to take less damage with higher xray and energy resist.

7) I believe that all mobs and attack softwares do equal xray and energy (assumption based on the attack software and effect of resists).

Hopefully someone can fill in the blanks and confirm/correct what I've said.

JustIn_Case
23-10-04, 00:06
1) The mobs in the infected storage 3s, are these the same mobs as those in the DNS?

The first mobs you will encounter in the DNS are lower ranked then the ones in storage-3.They are easier to kill but they do insane damage, im really mean INSANE.

2) What lvl does your recycle skill need to be to make codebreakers?

Not 100% sure, but ive made codebreakers with 45 in recycle.

3) Does using a codebreaker on an allied faction DB damage your FS with that faction/hostile the guards?

No.

4) Whats the cap% on software? I seem to have a higher cap% on my higher TL software, with both TL's being of same build quality (579% on v0.2 - 600% v0.3) - can't figure this one out.

Same as PPU/APU.

And 3 questions here that I will find out myself, but if anyone wants to share it would save me lots of time

5) Imps don't work in HN, does armour? (since it does take damage.)

Officially, it shouldnt. Easy to test with a friend though.

6) Do resists work in HN? Do they work as they do outside HN?

Officially, it shouldnt. Easy to test with a friend though using/not using resist buff.

7) What type of damage do the 60/60 ** mobs in the DNS do?

Think it is the same as the attack software, energy + x-ray.

notneo
23-10-04, 12:50
ok what mobs drop parts for a code breaker cus i seem not to be able to get any drops atm???

JustIn_Case
23-10-04, 15:58
The 60/60 intrusion countermeasure daemons drops the codebreaker parts. Atleast parts 1-6.
you must get inside an enemy DNS to get them since i dont recomend attacking friendly daemons.

[VP]Orion
23-10-04, 18:36
The lowlvl codebreaker requires 40 REC even though its a TL35. Ive tried...
Bug. should always be same as TL for recycling. Either KK should fix bug or change displayed TL on codebreaker.

Jeeva
24-10-04, 01:12
Casting a nice AoE PPU spell on yourself works in hacknet.

Or it did, not sure about now.