PDA

View Full Version : where has the addictiveness gone?

boombang
22-10-04, 13:20
Strange this - used to play NC whenever I could, any free time I'd just log on and do something fun.

Since NC2 I have been on 3 times.... yes only 3...

First time I ran from DOY to get all GR's and only saw one person - a rl mate, so couldn't pk him. Got bored after an hour so ran into Neocron, pk'd loads and got killed.

Next time I went on, I saw the same rl mate, and looked for 30 mins trying to get reps. No-one about so decided to get more GR's.
Logged off after another 10 mins of seeing noone.

Went on the other day, ran towards Neocron, saw no-one for about 15 mins. Logged off.

I have no idea why I don't want to play - the game has just really lost something IMO, and I can't put my finger on it!

Idola
22-10-04, 13:32
Strange this - used to play NC whenever I could, any free time I'd just log on and do something fun.

There's your problem. Over-exposure to the game.

Take a break for a while (No, two weeks doesn't really count as a break) and play something else. If you don't get the urge to play Neocron again, then don't bother coming back. If you do, however, get the urge....well....there's your solution.

Cubico
22-10-04, 13:32
Perhaps you should try to help new players? Or find a new clan?

Glok
22-10-04, 13:33
I dunno about you but when I am running through the wastes, I rarely see anyone either... it shouldn't come as much of a surprise.

boombang
22-10-04, 13:44
i just logged in, looked for anyone anywhere and couldn't find a single person apart from in Neocron (got owned by loads of copbots).

maybe everyone is on the forum?

J. Folsom
22-10-04, 13:46
Press F1, go to custom, enable alliance chat, and ask people where they are. In a place as large as DOY it's hard to run into people normally, so using the communication systems put into place by KK can only help.

Riddle
22-10-04, 13:49
I was well bored to start with the huge task of getting back to my NC1 level of stuff.
lol even getting tl3 hl/def spells was an effort as Anti city where in PP3 when I went there.
I think its not so much my stuff i.e. weapons etc its more I got to start the journey again. We were all settled, had our appy's, stuff, friends.

The problem is people don't like change and this is a big change.

Half my mates did't make it to NC2 for various reasons, some changed char names, some dont log on :( so net result is I lost contact with most me buddies and buddy chat is looking pretty empty.

But you know what?
I log on a few times a week and managed to get most me stuff back but still cashless lol, in fact blew it in a good few hours kitting out my whore appartment yeah!
I met new people by helping them out and now thinking of forming clan.

So I think if you take a break and build slowly back to your old position in society i.e. stuff , contacts etc.you'll begin again from where you left off in NC1.

Keep the Faith the phoenix will rise from the ashes :D

Glok
22-10-04, 13:49
I've noticed also that while Plaza 1 is still fairly popular, runners have really spread themselves out now. Try TH2 by the GRs, there are usually a few people idling there...

Birkoff
22-10-04, 13:52
Yup... lost its flair..... just ge bored.

IceStorm
22-10-04, 13:58
The exessive work required to get items, the constant rollbacks and lost GG/cabinets. The lack of player stores. The constant whining of people who don't have RES or CST alts. The lack of item tracking.

NC2 isn't "finished". As much as some of the added content may be usable, why bother when there's a good chance Terra will be rolled back or your GG/cabinet will go *poof*?

MaGn0lia
22-10-04, 14:57
Yeah I think it is because when you started, you didn't know anyone but you constantly bumped to ppl because you were on the "hotspot" (NC, Canyon, TH or MB) and you didn't mind not knowing ppl because you were busy lvling your nib, then met some new ppl. Now as you stated, the majority of people are placed on TWO separate places, when they used to be in one place (the NC).

But compared to the mass of people I bump on every day, It's hard to figure how you can complain about this, if I ever feel lonely I just sneak to FA HQ and there are loads of people there to chat with. And if I ever want some action I just log to CRP there is allways some asshat PKr or a cave team there so win win situation tbh. Don't lose the grip man!

Seven
22-10-04, 15:50
The exessive work required to get items, the constant rollbacks and lost GG/cabinets. The lack of player stores. The constant whining of people who don't have RES or CST alts. The lack of item tracking.

NC2 isn't "finished". As much as some of the added content may be usable, why bother when there's a good chance Terra will be rolled back or your GG/cabinet will go *poof*?

Perfect!
..and thank you for saving me the trouble to post...

Clownst0pper
22-10-04, 15:50
Its back on the NC1 server...

hudsonbeck
22-10-04, 15:55
Its had to be addicted to something that keeps kicking you in the nuts every week. :mad:

Ozzon
22-10-04, 17:25
If you are bored take a break... seriously, if I'm bored i take 1-2 weeks break and I'm easily addicted for next month or two.
btw. interaction with other players is the key to avoid the boredom, it's a cure for everything. :cool:

-=BlackBeard=-
22-10-04, 18:54
i have the same thing matey really sucks

it just lost the simplicity of neocron i mean now it had graphics..... and im havin fun on DOW

jernau
22-10-04, 19:46

All good points.

I'd add that ALL NC2 has added to NC1 in gameplay terms is timesinks and a few new bugs.

Appartments are nice but until the economy gets going again most people can't afford them and even then they are useless if they can't be shared or provide some reason for people to visit them.

DoY added some nice new maps but even putting aside the mess that passes for a story and the faction issues the client is monged so FPS isn't good and the populations are so low you can spend days without seeing anyone there.

Bugnet is cute for a few minutes then it just becomes another chunk of the tedium that is the new item distribution system.

The weapons are all the same, the skills are all the same, the classes are still the same, combat is still the same (or worse if your a droner or use 3rd person) etc. etc. In a way this would be good as for the most part these things were OK in NC1 but after all this time and investment I was expecting a lot more than to have content removed and replaced with damn timesinks.

hudsonbeck
22-10-04, 19:52
All good points.

I'd add that ALL NC2 has added to NC1 in gameplay terms is timesinks and a few new bugs.

Appartments are nice but until the economy gets going again most people can't afford them and even then they are useless if they can't be shared or provide some reason for people to visit them.

DoY added some nice new maps but even putting aside the mess that passes for a story and the faction issues the client is monged so FPS isn't good and the populations are so low you can spend days without seeing anyone there.

Bugnet is cute for a few minutes then it just becomes another chunk of the tedium that is the new item distribution system.

The weapons are all the same, the skills are all the same, the classes are still the same, combat is still the same (or worse if your a droner or use 3rd person) etc. etc. In a way this would be good as for the most part these things were OK in NC1 but after all this time and investment I was expecting a lot more than to have content removed and replaced with damn timesinks.

Wow...
You read my mind.

I could not have said it better myself.

I am also tired of 'playing for the future' I want to enjoy things now. All I want is what was promissed. But what do we have to do? Keep waiting and hope things will be added in the future. :(

Hudson

BTW... Has there been one event since launch?? I would have thought there would have been tons.. but may be it will change in the near future when we have 'tons' of 'new players' but i doubt it :(

Seven
23-10-04, 08:42

bluelights
23-10-04, 19:09
yes i couldnt agree more,,, the addictivness has totally gone, yes it does have a lot to do with about 2 or so years of building up apartments and weapons etc... also all friends are gone.... since NC2 started i have NOT once leveld any of my chars,,,, no ppu around, nowhere decent in DOY to lvl, even running around to even find a group of people is not an easy task.... the rollbacks caused me total distress which didnt add to it,,, the new RPOS is horrible, the game has seriously lost its glow..... it still seems like a good game but the colt following seems to be dropping off slowly, i suppose new people to the game will like it for what it is because theynever played NC1

im not having a moan,,,, just stating what i see and think, oh and the PSI casting animation makes me cringe everytime my APU casts his HL ..... please get rid of that for a start.... im falling off slowly but surely :(

anyway it was fun back in the day :)

br

Blacksword
24-10-04, 01:35
after a year break, im getting bored playing basically the exact same game with less stuff, and a 2 after the name instead. put the shit in you said you were going to. dont make player shops, woc, item tracking the same thing you did with doy. oh it will be in shortly after launch, i remember that one, a year later i pay for the addon and come back to see whats new, and, well, there is nothing but hacknet, and its not all that to begin with. i was enthusiastic when i started back up, but thats fading as i wait and wait for stuff, again. too bad the story is so great, it really is very good, but if i wanted a book, ill get one i only have to pay for once, instead of monthly. its like buying a special edition dvd to get the extra stuff you didnt get in the origional dvd, but instead find out that you got a gag reel, and parts of the origional taken out instead. whats in the gag reel? droning worked when i left, and was considered overpowered by a lot of people. cant say that bothers me alot though, as i dont really have a serious droning char, but still.

r3yka
24-10-04, 02:05
The addictiveness is still hiding in nc1, u just dont know it

Killfly
24-10-04, 04:32
I don't think 2 is any less addictive than 1... As far as addictiveness goes, not much has changed... Items are harder to get, but for me that makes it more addictive, and I get more of a sense of achievement than I did in NC1, where all that mattered was how much money you had....

bluelights
25-10-04, 10:59
load of bollocks NC2 is, total crap

br

Serpent
25-10-04, 11:24
make 2 months a break, or start a new char.....

MaGn0lia
25-10-04, 12:52
KK forgot to transfer addictivenes to NC2, or maybe it was lost during a rollback.

NC2 is "More rollbacks, more exxxxxxxxtreme exxxxxitement 'will you keep your stuff or will you lose them in the next rollback', new features 'check out hundreds of hundreds of completely new content on whine forums, new whine all the time guarantee' the NC2 is here to stay"

I think it would out shadow Halo2 ilovebees.com commercial if that rolled on every movietheater from siperia to alaska.