PDA

View Full Version : Drone bug

superfresh
22-10-04, 08:21
Never had a droner before. Made one tonight. Someone warned me about some drone bug....

Its a bug alright. Your drone blows up when you launch it. I made 3 drones and they all blew up. Out of cash.

o_O

shend
22-10-04, 08:28
when starting a droner, fuck hack, do research AND construct.
make some bp's before you start
learn to live with a break even situation : the money you make you lose on new drones.

my advice, wait with droning until the bug is fixed. it just ain't fun atm

Endar
22-10-04, 11:17
I agree what shend said. Tho now when the shops are selling better quality drones constructing and researching aint really needet (the shops are still selling better quality drones right??) Sure you wont gain as much money and you maybe cant afford some of the implants at the start, but also you dont have to put points into researching and constructing. Also you will be doing alot more damage and you will be better at handling drones.

At the higher levels you really dont want to have points in constructing or researching. It just aint worth it. If you want, you could always LoM your skills to constructer or researcher, but dont try to be drones and tradeskiller at the same time.

:angel:

Darth Slayer
22-10-04, 13:32
Never had a droner before. Made one tonight. Someone warned me about some drone bug....

Its a bug alright. Your drone blows up when you launch it. I made 3 drones and they all blew up. Out of cash.

o_O
Was that you last night 'Mensa' ? If so it was me who built the drones for you and told you about the bug.

Scorpius.

shend
22-10-04, 13:55
Endar is a very wise man. The research/construct setup is only good at low level droning. shop bought drones are indeed of a better quality BUT you save a shitload of money on droners (minimum 50%) AND you gain exp while researching and constructing. you even level STRENGTH while constructing.
At low level i recommend the research/construct setup most highly.

say you buy 5 tl40 drones at the shop, thats at least 1800cr each.
the average cost of a constructed drone is however 500cr, that is, if you also
construct the weapon parts. thats 6000cr you save. as a low lvl that means a lot. every time you make a succesful launch, the trick is not only to make 500 cr for a break even, but also some more, to cover the drones you've lost.
thats why occasionally you have to hunt in the side street lvl 4 for all those nice bone imps. and never mind dying, it makes excellent CON.

but my advice is to wait until the bug is fixed, cos even the research/construct setup can't outlevel the frustration of losing 5 drones in a row.

superfresh
22-10-04, 14:20
Was that you last night 'Mensa' ? If so it was me who built the drones for you and told you about the bug.

Scorpius.

Ah yes! Thanks for all the help. That's good karma. :)

Should've listened...

@ all: Thanks for the advice. I'm researching too so maybe I'll put the droning on ice for a while...

Darth Slayer
22-10-04, 22:03
I lost a Raptor and Particle Nemesis drone today to that bloody bug...... :mad: All my other drones (about 6 ) Launched ok.

Scorpius.

FarSight
23-10-04, 11:59
check this http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=116833 about my idea ho to temporarly fix drones (maybe make some bump's to get it higher maybe someone from KK will look at this)

PS. w/o using barter you can make 10 drones for cash you will spend for 1 drone in shop (make from chems not counted tips and lube costs with them should be 5 at least)

superfresh
23-10-04, 12:08
Aye thanks. Actually money isn't too much of a problem (research missions) and other players have been helpful in getting them built for me. I just can't use em :/